Where should Melo go? Or should should he stay in NY? Explain your choice.

Options

Comments

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just sitting here mentally preparing myself for all possible outcomes
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Houston Rockets
    zerocool wrote: »
    I call ? on THREE players taking a paycut after they already took a paycut.

Bron made 72 mil last year...from salary and endorsements..... I read on forbes he is projected at makibg 85 mil next yr......

Wade gets endorsements and bosh has hinted at taking paycut next yr to stay in miami......

Wade knows he is not good for 82 gamea no nore...just 42...he will take a paycut.......

And he made 30 mill off the Beats deal...

These nggas in the NBA thread and bulls thread bein stubborn. I was just as skeptical of it happening , and hate this ? as much as the next man, but if lebron n co want to do this, the league/players/teams have no choice but to adapt. If you got a ngga makin hella dough to the point his salary is gravy and he can take huge pay cuts , there aint ? u can do. They not gone stop playing the finals. There will be no asterisks

This ? is just startin. A wise man would plan for 3, 5 years in advance in expectation of this movement , rather than bytchin n complainin, building teams on 90s blueprints lol smh...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he's best on the bulls(coincidentally I said the same about lebron 4 years ago) with another star player and several key role players plus a proven great defensive scheme, they would contend
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never seen anybody have their beats by dre headphones on

its either around their neck or on top of their head
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago Bulls
    As far as melo potentially goin to the heat goes you can't really knock it.If they want to sacrifice dough to win and play with their friends so be it.I personally would try to beat them not join em but we're all different

Lebron and melo would be a problem offensively that's my issue.I aint tryna see the bulls become the knicks,heat,pacers of the 90's we'd have to get a power front line if that happened
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    ultimate cheat code
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New York Knicks
    ultimate cheat code

On some NBA Jam type ? .

"Head fake, Head fake, Head fake"
    "He's on fire"
    "Boomshakalaka"

Final score
    Miami Heat: 400
    Other team: 6
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    He can go play with Mike conley,z bo, and Marc making one of the best frontcourts in the nba and he can finally provide the offense that Memphis has needed for years.

Tony Allen can guard the other team's best player so melo can relax. Only thing that is worrysome is how shifty Memphis treats coaches
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago Bulls
    if somehow Melo ended up on the Heat than it would just confirm what I already suspect about the league being rigged solely for profit

legitimately he should stay in NY if he's smart

but he most likely will go to Chicago cause I don't see him playing for D Fish

And why's that?

uh cause there is a ? named Phil Jackson there :(
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    if somehow Melo ended up on the Heat than it would just confirm what I already suspect about the league being rigged solely for profit

And why's that?

So what lol. He ain't coaching them.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Chicago Bulls

And why's that?

So what lol. He ain't coaching them.

the Knick just hired Derek Fisher..........you really think Phil ain't gone be the one really coaching the Knicks?

and Phil as manager, it's a good probability that the Knicks gone make some moves

plus logistically, sometimes it's better to hang with the devil you know than to go somewhere new just to be dealing with new drama on a new team
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If melo was serious about winning he would go to Chicago. The heat dynasty is ending. Its chicago to lose coming out the east
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sources: Phil, Fisher to meet Melo in L.A.
    June, 13, 2014
    Jun 13
    5:05
    PM ET
    By Ian Begley & Ramona Shelburne | ESPNNewYork.com

Knicks president Phil Jackson, coach Derek Fisher and GM Steve Mills are expected to meet with Carmelo Anthony and his representatives this weekend in Los Angeles -- possibly as early as Friday night -- to discuss Anthony’s pending free agency, league sources confirmed to ESPN.

Owner James Dolan is in Los Angeles to attend the Rangers-Kings Stanley Cup finals but is not expected to be involved in the meetings with Anthony.

“This is Phil's show,” one league source told ESPN.com’s Ramona Shelburne.

Yahoo! Sports first reported the Knicks’ plan to meet with Anthony in Los Angeles.

The Knicks’ full-court press on Anthony is unlikely to change his mind about testing free agency this summer. A league source said late Thursday night that Anthony remains committed to opting out at this point.

Jackson has said in the past he’d prefer Anthony to opt in to his contract so the Knicks have a better idea of who they can attract in free agency in 2015 to pair alongside Anthony. Jackson has talked to Anthony about this approach to free agency on multiple occasions in recent weeks, according to ESPN.com’s Marc Stein.

"I told him it might be a good idea to hang in here and see what it's like for a year and go out the next year," Jackson said last month. "But that's his option, that's what he's earned, and that's what's part of his contractual agreement. He has the right to do that. But I just offered that as, 'Look, this gives you an opportunity to see how this is going to change, see how we're going to get going, your relationship to the team and the coach and the system or whatever, the system we impose."

Anthony has between now and June 23 to exercise his opt-out and test free agency. If the Knicks fail to convince him to opt in, their next hope would be to get Anthony to take a pay cut to give them more cap flexibility to chase free agents going forward.

Jackson has said publicly that he’d like to see Anthony take a pay cut, and Anthony himself brought it up as a possibility in February.

The Chicago Bulls, Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks are all teams Anthony would consider starting July 1, sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein, provided Anthony remains steadfast in his decision to opt out between now and June 23. Miami Heat officials have also started to explore their options in trying to create enough financial flexibility to land Anthony in free agency, ESPN.com reported earlier this week.

Anthony would have to make a monetary sacrifice if he decides to leave New York. With the Knicks, Anthony can ink a maximum five-year contract worth $129,135,806. If he signs with another team, the maximum he can earn is $95,897,372 over four years. Anthony likely would have to sign for significantly less to join the Heat.
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being as a knicks fan. If Melo leaves. I rather him go to the bulls than Miami. ? that friend ? .
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New York Knicks
    Anywhere but Houston for ? sakes.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago Bulls
    Crazy as it sound I would opt in on that last year, grab that quick 23M's. Get that bread and get a chance to see what Phil tryna do up there. Thing about Phil he wouldn't associate with this franchise if he didn't have a plan.

They might end up being so bad Phil pulls a Larry Brown and just ups and leaves. I think he would be good for the Bulls though. ? maybe even Memphis or Portland. Idk what they cap situation is like though.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago Bulls
    Go to Chicago bruh. We already got A1 defense, we just need some offensive power
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Check out @WojYahooNBA's Tweet:

Does the rockets or bulls have the cap space for Melo?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Chicago Bulls
    TheBossman wrote: »

Neither team does as of now but trading Dunleavy and amnestying a certain ? boy power forward will have to happen for the Bulls to get him
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I jst don't see that Houston ? working
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Houston Rockets
    This is just a smoke screen....miami is in the picture...
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Check out @WojYahooNBA's Tweet:

• twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bulls: If they can figure out trading away ? instead of amnesty him, it would clear more space if they can do that. Maybe if Melo can take less money, the Bulls maybe can bring over Mirotic. Then they have 2 1st rd picks too.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago Bulls
    Its easily the bulls.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago Bulls
    So somebody tell me why Melo wouldn't be a good fit in Atlanta....

It's already 2 NBA allstars on the team. A PG that'll give you 17 PPG. A SG & Center with a solid 3 point shooting percentage. A former 6th man of the year. None of them are "ball hogs".

All we need is a defensive player off the bench. That'll be a strong 9 man rotation.

Especially in the east