Where should Melo go? Or should should he stay in NY? Explain your choice.

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    So somebody tell me why Melo wouldn't be a good fit in Atlanta....

It's already 2 NBA allstars on the team. A PG that'll give you 17 PPG. A SG & Center with a solid 3 point shooting percentage. A former 6th man of the year. None of them are "ball hogs".

All we need is a defensive player off the bench. That'll be a strong 9 man rotation.

They would be good, 4-6 seed year in year out (depending on what the rest of the east does), but that team isn't contending, can't really see him co existing with Teague and I think he will stunt the growth of the young talent, by the 3rd year they will want him out of Atlanta, not a good situation for Atlanta or him, Atlanta just needs to keep building the way they have been
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Other
    Well Miami got to make some changes, Indiana is going to lose Lance that's going to leave a dent, and if y'all snatch up Melo then the Bulls are left with the same problems if Rose can't get back to his old self, Brooklyn is going to be mediocre, Washington and Toronto will build off of last years success but Atlsnta could easily be better than those teams, their might be some surprise teams in the east depending on how these draft picks pan out but Atlanta will have a good mixture of players in their prime and young talent, and y'all have the cap space you wouldn't even have to pull off a sign and trade, so yea I could be wrong after thinking about it more
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Houston Rockets
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Check out @WojYahooNBA's Tweet:

Does the rockets or bulls have the cap space for Melo?

How do these ESPN guys get away with this bullshyt? Lol On what basis would he able to know "Houston and Chicago are frontrunners'!?

Its seems like he's in the same boat as us, speculating.
  • S2J
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Houston Rockets

It's already 2 NBA allstars on the team. A PG that'll give you 17 PPG. A SG & Center with a solid 3 point shooting percentage. A former 6th man of the year. None of them are "ball hogs".

All we need is a defensive player off the bench. That'll be a strong 9 man rotation.

Lmao & sigh. So a 38-44 team just needs Melo? Right. His goal is to win a ring, not to be on a team with "a strong 9 man rotation'. Thats a subliminally backhanded compliment due to its humble nature Lol.

Thats like callin a bytch 'attractive'. You wouldnt call a truly bad bytch just 'attractive'..."strong 9 man rotation." hahaha
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Houston Rockets
    Cosign S2J. The premise behind the decision was to go to a team that will be locked and loaded with a proven core. That is the only thing that works in the NBA. ATL doesn't have a chance. To play with Horford and Milsap? Not going to happen.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    He needs to go where a solid coach is at. I wouldn't mind him seeing him in Dallas, that dude needs to have a coach and he needs to be coach and not pampered, someone who has been a proven winner as a coach and someone who is going to elevated this dude game...he can be more than just a scorer...
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Houston Rockets
    Max. wrote: »
    That ? aint going to atl bro

The thread is about where I think he should go & why. It's not about where he's actually going to end up.

S2J wrote: »

Lmao & sigh. So a 38-44 team just needs Melo? Right. His goal is to win a ring, not to be on a team with "a strong 9 man rotation'. Thats a subliminally backhanded compliment due to its humble nature Lol.

Thats like callin a bytch 'attractive'. You wouldnt call a truly bad bytch just 'attractive'..."strong 9 man rotation." hahaha

That's the record of a squad playing without his best player. Miami will tell you a "Super Team" means nothing without a bench.

LPast wrote: »
    Cosign S2J. The premise behind the decision was to go to a team that will be locked and loaded with a proven core. That is the only thing that works in the NBA. ATL doesn't have a chance. To play with Horford and Milsap? Not going to happen.

Horford & Milsap are proven allstars that will get you 20 PPG with 10 rebounds. That's Howard's numbers right? That's more than what Wade & Bosh gave you in the finals. So what you saying?

They may be allstars in name only.

I'll say this. If Chicago can get Kevin Love, it might be the better location for Melo.

Melo, Rose, Love, Noah, Defense. That's a lot of diversity on offense also.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at these fantasy basketball teams
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago Bulls

How do these ESPN guys get away with this bullshyt? Lol On what basis would he able to know "Houston and Chicago are frontrunners'!?

Lmao duke exposing himself.Adrian woj works for yahoo sports and he has the best sources in the nba he breaks the majority of all nba news.Season is over all u clown casual fans can bounce already
  • S2J
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Houston Rockets

Lmao duke exposing himself.Adrian woj works for yahoo sports and he has the best sources in the nba he breaks the majority of all nba news.Season is over all u clown casual fans can bounce already

My goodness you're an idiot. Foh w/ that casual fan nonsense. What you really mean is 'people who dont fanboy post on CS year-round'. Like yall some kinda club. ? ya got damn self.

1) Im refering to all sports personnel/insiders who use "sources" when i say ESPN. Just like when peole say 'ESPN gon talk all day about Lebron.' We mean all of sports media. Thats what happens when you have a dominant brand name, it gets used synonymously---oh sorry, that means 'in the same way'--- with the entire profession. AND dude used to work for ESPN.

2) "He has the best sources in the NBA" The ? are you talkin about? How do YOU know, which is the point.

3) Actually this is the most impt point: How do you corroborate---oh sorry, that means 'check'--- something like "Hoston and Chicago are frontrunners". Thats not something that would have come from Melo's mouth. Impossible. So it's not reporting, it's speculation based on who has pieces in order, the cap space or potential to get cap space, and then making an educated guess. They all did it w/ Lebron's decision. No source or inside scoop or connection is needed for that, but they report it as though it is.

You, unfortunately , just do not have the mental acuity---sorry, that means smarts--- to connect those dots.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    Bron and Melo to Lakers....
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

Lol this guy.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol smh
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My goodness you're an idiot. Foh w/ that casual fan nonsense. What you really mean is 'people who dont fanboy post on CS year-round'. Like yall some kinda club. ? ya got damn self.

1) Im refering to all sports personnel/insiders who use "sources" when i say ESPN. Just like when peole say 'ESPN gon talk all day about Lebron.' We mean all of sports media. Thats what happens when you have a dominant brand name, it gets used synonymously---oh sorry, that means 'in the same way'--- with the entire profession. AND dude used to work for ESPN.

2) "He has the best sources in the NBA" The ? are you talkin about? How do YOU know, which is the point.

3) Actually this is the most impt point: How do you corroborate---oh sorry, that means 'check'--- something like "Hoston and Chicago are frontrunners". Thats not something that would have come from Melo's mouth. Impossible. So it's not reporting, it's speculation based on who has pieces in order, the cap space or potential to get cap space, and then making an educated guess. They all did it w/ Lebron's decision. No source or inside scoop or connection is needed for that, but they report it as though it is.

You, unfortunately , just do not have the mental acuity---sorry, that means smarts--- to connect those dots.

1) Not a question -- skip

2) How about his track record of consistency & promptness when it comes to breaking news. Yeah, I trust his sources.

3) Connections to agencies and front offices to get info here and there. He'll never get exact details until they are released or very close to releasing. But it could be enough to know that Houston and Chicago have had serious talks with Melo's agent. Doesn't mean he can't end up on another team, but at this current moment he knows of these two teams having ties to the situation.

Before you respond with some rhetoric of 'ifs' or 'how comes', don't bother. Just know that Woj has been a solid source of information during free agency and trade deadline scenarios. Like I said.. it doesn't mean Melo ends up on one of the other, for all we know he ends up going to Dallas. But this is what the situation is looking like right now.
  • S2J
    Options
    Houston Rockets
    ^^^Woj.

My third point is enough to shut all that ? down: You cant verify, nor do you need sources, to make common sense/ educated guess speculation.

'Houston and Chicago are frontuners' Ya think?! The only 2 big market potential contenders with enough cap space or room for it, g thanks.

Chris Broussard is famous for it, goin on tv and say 'my sources tell me xyz really like him, they COULD move xyz, have the cap space, so theyre in the lead'. If u listen carefully none of it is based on the actual player's words or his camp . The EXACT thing happened with Bron. Its happening with Love.

I look at all these insiders as the same, but if u think Woj is diff thats on you. This aint my first rodeo tho so i know BS speculation when i see it
    it
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sure this particular one is nothing big.. there's nothing to really speak on with the finals just ending. That doesn't change the fact that he has great sources... which was the whole argument you made in that post. Don't run in circles now.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Houston Rockets
    Parallel wrote: »
    Seeing how weak the east is the Bulls are definitely the smart choice. Going to the West would be dumb.

Bulls are not willing to spend though.......and develop the team after melo...
    Rose and noah foot always injured. ......everyone keeps saying bulls but think about that.

• PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago Bulls

And then you put the controller down
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other

And then you put the controller down
    u got me bro, been doing too many 2k fantasy associations
  • a_wack_poster
    a_wack_poster Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    I still say he'd be perfect in Memphis...
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    Yo that gif Tommy posted has me dyin LOL
  • rap mysterio
    rap mysterio Members Posts: 171 ✭✭
    Options
    Chicago Bulls
    I say chi town, the defense n coaching is there. Add Lowry and ariza, with Carmelo. They could go to the finals
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Other
    I say chi town, the defense n coaching is there. Add Lowry and ariza, with Carmelo. They could go to the finals

Good luck with all that