The Official 2014-2015 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    If a state don't have a second program that's ever ranked or even in a major conference -- repping that you "run the state" or any other rivalry slogans is obviously unnecessary.

But when "lil brother" start gettin' some hair around his nuts and thinkin' he the ? , it's time to shut him down.

Georgia Tech was a powerhouse for a hot second back in the day in certain periods (70s, early 90s, etc.)

texass is the "biggest" program in texas obviously.

The OK "Bedlam" rivalry is one of the most lopsided rivalries in the nation (OU leads by a laughable margin) but Okie Lite gained ground on recruiting vs OU in the late 80s and most of the 90s.

And ? can change if programs don't watch it. Let's face it, some of the "hot" programs right now in football were laughable prior to the 2000s and vice versa. For example, Florida State is the top program in Florida right now, but just the idea of that was laughable 25-30 years ago.

? , you're an ? with the names you have for the other schools in the Big 12.

? said "Okie Lite" and "Texass" lmao.

My bad. My grill just struggles to pronounce certain team names, and my fingers got this arthur-itis that makes it hard to type certain team names.

Like Nebastard, Taco Tech, Aint's, Panties, ? Bay, etc. Pray for me.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @bgoat‌

i did that so we can have an on going thread where it doesnt have to be redone every year............so thats why its titled the way it is

Bet!
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @caddo man
    @T.Taylor

And for those goin to games this year.....im thinking about taking my girls to the opener with me when we play Wisconsin at NRG(Reliant) Stadium.....but they will be 7 and 4 by that time and i want them to get that experience early...and they been askin to go for a year now with me

So whats the youngest you will take ya kids to a game cuz ive seen peple bring babies to LSU games when its hot as ? and that made no sense....atleast we will be indoors and about a 30 min ride back to the house

It depends on their demeanor. My son is 6 and will ask questions and talk the whole time. I take my son to baseball games and soccer games. Not football games. Too much going on for him to be asking questions after every play.

Indoors is a good thing with kids cause they start to complain and get antsy in their seats. I walk my kids around the TED in the early innings to get them ready to sit through the late innings.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If a state don't have a second program that's ever ranked or even in a major conference -- repping that you "run the state" or any other rivalry slogans is obviously unnecessary.

But when "lil brother" start gettin' some hair around his nuts and thinkin' he the ? , it's time to shut him down.

Georgia Tech was a powerhouse for a hot second back in the day in certain periods (70s, early 90s, etc.)

The OK "Bedlam" rivalry is one of the most lopsided rivalries in the nation (OU leads by a laughable margin) but Okie Lite gained ground on recruiting vs OU in the late 80s and most of the 90s.

And ? can change if programs don't watch it. Let's face it, some of the "hot" programs right now in football were laughable prior to the 2000s and vice versa. For example, Florida State is the top program in Florida right now, but just the idea of that was laughable 25-30 years ago.

My bad. My grill just struggles to pronounce certain team names, and my fingers got this arthur-itis that makes it hard to type certain team names.

I guess you must be a FAILcans fan. Y'all were supposed to do it big last year.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2014
    Options

I guess you must be a FAILcans fan. Y'all were supposed to do it big last year.

Fortunately, I didn't have to make up "Ain'ts". Real Aint's fans made that up for themselves long before the Brees bandwagon came to town.

I'll give them their royalties on that one. Brilliant.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Shouts out to Stoops joining the 5-millie a year club thanks to his new extension. Makes him the 2nd highest paid coach in CFB.

And shout out to the new $375 million stadium upgrades.

betterforeveryone.png
    w1Gnb1w.jpg

Uggggh. Got the NFL caliber jumbotron. I dig.

Definitely gotta fall through in 2016 for that. My Birds and my Boomers steppin' their field games up.
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    University_of_Georgia_ug96b_large_llg.jpg

12768375.jpg

ramik-wilson-georgia-bulldogs.jpg

Ah hell naw not another one of you ? FOH
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Apparently, texas high school coaches are not impressed by Charlie Strong...
    SAN ANGELO, Texas -- A 20-minute slot for new Texas head coach Charlie Strong stood out on the three-day schedule at the recent coaching clinic at Angelo State -- one of my stops on a recent mid-June trip through Texas. The clinic is a 40-year tradition for the state’s high school coaches to learn from their college counterpart and was one of his first outings in front of a large number of the state’s high school coaches. I was intrigued to hear what Strong’s message would be in one of his first outings in front of a large number of high school coaches.

Part of the intrigue stemmed from the perception -- held by many of his peers and even those who know him well –- that Strong is something of an introvert, and that the social aspect of the UT job might not be his, ahem, strong suit.

Those in attendance didn't seem impressed by Strong’s time on the stage. Maybe it was coincidence, but someone let out a loud laugh just as Strong wrapped.

“I think everyone was shocked. It was that bad,” one coach told me later.

“It made me miss Mack,” one joked.

Another: “If I was the coach at Texas, I would act like I had bigger ? than that.”

Strong spoke so rapidly, jamming one sentence on top of another as if he were playing verbal Tetris, that you would have thought he had two minutes, not 20. It was difficult to follow his train of thought or discern the central points being made.

The bulk of the address sounded like something more suited for parents or boosters than people who also coach for a living.

As a Sooner fan, this is hilarious.

But as a Black Man, I sense some powerful redneckery going on here. Damn Shame.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shouts out to Stoops joining the 5-millie a year club thanks to his new extension. Makes him the 2nd highest paid coach in CFB.

And shout out to the new $375 million stadium upgrades.

betterforeveryone.png
    w1Gnb1w.jpg

Uggggh. Got the NFL caliber jumbotron. I dig.

Definitely gotta fall through in 2016 for that. My Birds and my Boomers steppin' their field games up.

let me know, we'll turn up in that ?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SAN ANGELO, Texas -- A 20-minute slot for new Texas head coach Charlie Strong stood out on the three-day schedule at the recent coaching clinic at Angelo State -- one of my stops on a recent mid-June trip through Texas. The clinic is a 40-year tradition for the state’s high school coaches to learn from their college counterpart and was one of his first outings in front of a large number of the state’s high school coaches. I was intrigued to hear what Strong’s message would be in one of his first outings in front of a large number of high school coaches.

Part of the intrigue stemmed from the perception -- held by many of his peers and even those who know him well –- that Strong is something of an introvert, and that the social aspect of the UT job might not be his, ahem, strong suit.

Those in attendance didn't seem impressed by Strong’s time on the stage. Maybe it was coincidence, but someone let out a loud laugh just as Strong wrapped.

Another: “If I was the coach at Texas, I would act like I had bigger ? than that.”

Strong spoke so rapidly, jamming one sentence on top of another as if he were playing verbal Tetris, that you would have thought he had two minutes, not 20. It was difficult to follow his train of thought or discern the central points being made.

The bulk of the address sounded like something more suited for parents or boosters than people who also coach for a living.

You already knows cuz he's black.

Gotta out down your loyalty to your team and rep that mighty black fist on this one.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course. Mack has been kissing those coaches ? for so long they forgot what a real coach looked like. Welp....tough break ? .
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Gotta out down your loyalty to your team and rep that mighty black fist on this one.

Slow down, nikka.

Wasn't nann black texass fan pumpin' their fist for John Blake when muhfuggas like Skip Bayless was saying he was running a "jungle" squad after we had a brawl with Baylor.

Foh. The whole SEC ignored him for years with HC jobs he should've got and now he's gettin' that Tyrone Willingham treatment in Asstin.

If he's as smart as he appears to be, he should've saw that coming.

Not to mention the fact that he instantly became the highest paid coach in the Big XII when he signed with them (until today with Bob Stoops extension.)

He'll be aight. This ain't exactly Trayvon, bruh.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Co-sign ? on it being because he's a brotha....couple of these white folks still wanted mack to stay no matter how garbage UT looked...new coach,new staff,new season let them cave dwellers stay in their feelings.
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OKLAHOMA SOONERS bout to change the game with this new stadium...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGR72NqlCOU
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • goodlookinout
    Options
    See Amari Cooper Run
    Amari+Cooper+Oklahoma+v+Alabama+946SdqJ5elNl.jpg
  • goodlookinout
    Options
    T.J. Yeldon is a BEAST
    T.J.-Yeldon.jpg
  • goodlookinout
    Options
    Sooner Defenders still chasing Derrick Henry
    Derrick+Henry+Oklahoma+v+Alabama+-6R6oovL--1l.jpg
  • goodlookinout
    Options
    Landon Collins BallHawk
    -37fb427cef8b1cc7.JPG
  • goodlookinout
    Options
    A'Shawn Robinson Man Amongst Boys
    Iz81n.AuSt.70.jpeg
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Slow down, nikka.

Wasn't nann black texass fan pumpin' their fist for John Blake when muhfuggas like Skip Bayless was saying he was running a "jungle" squad after we had a brawl with Baylor.

Foh. The whole SEC ignored him for years with HC jobs he should've got and now he's gettin' that Tyrone Willingham treatment in Asstin.

If he's as smart as he appears to be, he should've saw that coming.

Not to mention the fact that he instantly became the highest paid coach in the Big XII when he signed with them (until today with Bob Stoops extension.)

He'll be aight. This ain't exactly Trayvon, bruh.

very true, it is Texass after all. The necks dont get much more red than down there.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options
    Sooner Defenders still chasing Derrick Henry
    Derrick+Henry+Oklahoma+v+Alabama+-6R6oovL--1l.jpg

thats cool, Alabama was chasin that scoreboard until it ticked 0:00
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See Amari Cooper Run
    Amari+Cooper+Oklahoma+v+Alabama+946SdqJ5elNl.jpg

And got walked down by DT Charles Tapper #91 who was 5 yards behind....Boomer!