*HARD KNOCKS LYFE* The OFFICIAL 2014-15 ATL DIRTEE BIRDS THREAD

Options

Comments

• bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the real, having Dmitrov as GM and Mike Smith as coach, is like having a backcourt of Swag P & Smush Parker.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i really didint watch any football yesterday im just now seeing the falcons highlights lol man mike smith is an idiot
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love the falcons but this team is not going anywhere. I was glad they lost and I hope we lose every game. That's the best way of ensuring Blank fires TD and smitty.
  • suzyscrew
    Options
    Honestly, I want TD gone most of all. Smith sucks but TD is killing the franchise so much so that the best coach in the world couldn't make this team a winner. I STILL contend that Julio getting drafted was a bad move. Also, those two getting here around the same time as Ryan made it hard to see how big of a fraud they really were/are.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Julio was needed then and now to stretch the field and eventually to take over from Roddy.

As far as TD goes I think Blank gives him another year unless the new coach wants full control.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I give him credit for pulling off the Julio trade, but he refuse to fix this defense and o line. There is no depth there. And we got UDFAs starting. Enough of this patchwork ? , hoping the offense can drag this team to the playoffs. Build a real ? team
  • suzyscrew
    Options
    I don't give him credit. Any gm would have traded one pick for all those picks we lost. TD seems to only be able to focus on one problem area as opposed to the team as a whole. As for giving TD another year, why? Dude hasn't drafted anybody of note all this time. I'd take another year of Smitty before that.
  • suzyscrew
    Options
    I get your logic. I guess I just see it from a different point of view. To me, Matthews was a no brainer. It was almost impossible to get that wrong. Trufant is a positive pick but, again, we had no other options that year if you remember. A lot of starters here are that because there's no one else to take the position. ? mo was a good pick but how long ago was that? TD basically shot 50 three pointers and hit 2 or 3. That's not enough to give credit, imo.

About the Julio trade: I know everybody loves dude. I like him on the team too and I hope they re-sign him. I do believe those picks hurt us. Question: if you knew the five picks the falcons gave up for Julio were 2 good starters, 1 average starter, a valuable backup and a bust; would you take that or Julio? If we had a good GM, that's realistically what we should have had.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    Top 5 players at their positions don't grow on trees so I'd take Julio everytime.

As far as TD I'm cool either way whether he stays or goes. The only problem I had with him(outside of the pass rush) is that he got too cocky and thought he could replace quality players (mud duck, grimes, Lofton etc) with ? off the scrap heap but he looks like he's changed that.
  • bignorm
    Options
    LOL at Julio being a top 5 wr.
    His momma, Ernestine Jones, think's he's about the 9th ranked WR.
  • bignorm
    Options
    Ok, maybe he is close. But I can name several off the top id rather have than Julio. The fact that he isn't dominant despite having another #1 on the same team (which stops team from rolling coverages to him often) shows he aint top 5.

Which of these is he better than?

Calvin Johnson
    Dez
    Demaryius
    AJ Green
    Deshaun Jackson
    Fitz
    Andre Johnson

The white boy in Green Bay is also good, I just don't know. Imma need more wins, or bigger impact
    on a winning team before I give him top 5. Especially having a supposed top flight QB, and another dominant
    receiver on the same team.
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    I'd take him over Desean and Demaryius. And I ? with Desean.

Our QB and top 2 receivers are not the problem with this team. Which is what bothers me the most about some of our completely unnecessary off season pickups
  • bignorm
    Options
    No doubt, Dmitrov has undiagnosed Autism. Real talk.
    This ? wore a helmet to school.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    Ok, maybe he is close. But I can name several off the top id rather have than Julio. The fact that he isn't dominant despite having another #1 on the same team (which stops team from rolling coverages to him often) shows he aint top 5.

Which of these is he better than?

Calvin Johnson
    Dez
    Demaryius
    AJ Green
    Deshaun Jackson
    Fitz
    Andre Johnson

The white boy in Green Bay is also good, I just don't know. Imma need more wins, or bigger impact
    on a winning team before I give him top 5. Especially having a supposed top flight QB, and another dominant
    receiver on the same team.

Fitz and Dre are great receivers on the back end of their career so no and lol at Desean Jackson.

That leaves

Megatron
    Julio
    Dez
    D Thomas
    AJ

If you count it out that means Julio's
    top-5-list.jpg
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    The fact that he isn't dominant despite having another #1 on the same team (which stops team from rolling coverages to him often) shows he aint top 5.

Lol
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    Last conversation seem rather ridiculous now in hindsight.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good win today....

Nolan had Drew Stanton shook at the start of the game.

The defense played well.

Julio ? on Peterson.

Harry Douglas showed why TD doesn't need to sign/draft another ? ' offensive weapon again(except for maybe a bruiser back next year).

Trufant still showing signs of making to that 1st tier list of cbs.

? Mo's presence was felt with his return(forced fumble/big hits).

Vintage Steven Jackson on the field today with a 100 yards rushing.

Matt slipped with that pick but it happens when you throw the ball as much as he does.

The offensive line continues to impress.

• bignorm
    Options
    Got to bump this thread.
    Great win. If you guys can go 2-2 in the last 4 games........
    you could get into the playoffs.

Good luck.

Also- I was wrong about Julio. There are not 5 other receivers who could torch Patrick Petersen the way
    he did. He is a top 5 receiver. Also- who knew yalls old ass RB had that long a run left in him?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    This thread locked or some ? ?
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Julio Jones heard me talking about him Sat night. He came through yesterday. I think we can go 3-1 to finish 8-8 and win the division. Gotta beat N.O though.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Um....Matt had a ? interception.

Coaches got out coached as usual.

Defense might as well stayed home as usual.

Welp, hopefully Smitty, Kutty & Nolan is gone in a few months.

We need to spend about $20 million on pass rushers this offseason as well as about 4 draft picks. Throw in some LBs while they're at it.

Nothin else to say
  • bignorm
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    LOL. Yall ? gonna go 7-9