*HARD KNOCKS LYFE* The OFFICIAL 2014-15 ATL DIRTEE BIRDS THREAD

Options

Comments

• bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Julio is definitely top 5. no doubt. I was wrong on that.

On another note, I think Dmitrov is worse than Mike Smith.
    This team fought for Smith. They just had no ammo because of Dmitrov.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    Julio is definitely top 5. no doubt. I was wrong on that.

On another note, I think Dmitrov is worse than Mike Smith.
    This team fought for Smith. They just had no ammo because of Dmitrov.

The fight has always been there. That's just the heart/pride/character of the players. Coach Smith is just a ? and the little success we have is despite him. Stephen Jackson in the backfield and you pass the ball on 3rd and 1. Incomplete pass......Good job coach. Both of them need to go. When this team had the 12+ winning seasons, it was due to the previous front office and coaching staff's draft picks and free agents for the most part(With the exception of Matt and Julio). The O-line and Front 7 got worse and worse every season since they've taken over. The defense went from Meh....to a ? joke.

I just want TD and Mike Smith gone. Time to move on. I want 15 million spent on 2 pass-rushes. I want the 1st 3 draft picks spent on pass-rushers(1st pick being a LB). Osi is retiring after this season. Bierman needs to be a backup. Massaquoi shows promise but he's average at best and all we got. If we draft 3 pass-rushers and sign 2 then at least 2 of them will be effective.

That gives this defense a healthy Spoon, Jackson, Soliai, Worrilow, FA(Linebacker), FA(rotational pass-rusher), 1st round pick and Mass on the front 7.

Worrilow is definately overrated but that's coaching. They're asking a 2nd year UDFA to be the play caller on the worst defense in the NFL. He has no help and lost out there. That takes away from his aggresive playing ability and that's pretty much his forte. The coaches took that away from him. Spoon will be back and be able to take that role/responsibility off of his hands.

Secondary is locked and fine ? Mo/Ishmal, Lowery, Tru/Alford, Wison/McClain

Not a ? dime needs to be spent on offense.....Not ? , those ? just need to be consitent and put up more than 7 points in the 1st half. The 2nd half proves what they're capable of. There no excuse for that ? . They need to get their ? together. Green Bay defense is sorry as hell just like ours. Their team is built to depend on their offense though and they deliver, ours' doesn't. We got four RBs, 6 WRs, 50elem O-linemen, 3 qbs and a meh TE that have proved that they can put up over 30 PPG a game numerous times. 7 points in the 1st half isn't going to cut it. 10 points vs. Cincy is going to cut it. 0 points in the 2nd half against the Lions......That's the offense's fault, not the sorry ass defense. The whole team has disappointed. Changes don't need to be made on offense, those ? just need to be held accountable and ? on just like the defense.

The offense gets a pass when the defense doesn't. It should be the other way around because there's more than one probowl player(1 time pro bowler) on offense. They need to stop stinking up the field.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with most of what you said but the offense is gonna have to get looked at too this offseason cause teams are gonna start to realize Roddys at the late Tony G stage of his career (where he can keep the chains moving but not a real threat). And we don't have a #1 RB next year

The pass rush is definitely the main priority tho
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I seen this team play just fine without Roddy White. Actually, the two best games we've had this season, offensively, was when Roddy White wasnt playing due to an injury. I also think Jackson has one more year left in him. We have 3 young RBs. A bruiser back in the 3rd round, 2 years from now, can replace Jackson's role. But this offseaon, all of our attention needs to be towards that front 7. Jon Gruden laughing and ? last night. Counting how many seconds that Rodgers had in the pocket on instant replay. That ? was embarrasing. All of our free agent money, all of our high draft picks need to be all front 7 players. 2 FAs, 1st 3 draft picks. We'll get 3 starters out of that to go along with Spoon, Jackson, Soliai and Mass. ? Mo, Lowry, Alford, Wilson, McClain, Tru and Ishmal in the secondary. The defense will be locked and loaded.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, Gruden started making me mad when they kept running down how much time Rodgers had. But hell we knew what was gone happen....

Im with Numbaz. Offense really don't need much. People give them a pass but they should be scoring 30+ points a game. No excuse for some of the games they have had this year. All the money and draft picks on the offensive side of the ball. I think Freeman should get a bigger role. Probably should split carries between him and Jackson. Even if Quiz and Smith stay they need to be str8 backups, we dont need to rotate 4 RB's. Jackson most def need to get those 3rd and 1's tho.... We prob only need 1 lineman.

Defense... Front 7. Need to prob bring in 4 pass rushers either through the draft or FA's. Osi retiring and Bierman should be gone. We need LB's too. Bartu is a backup. I like Shembo. Spoon should be back and should be coming back cheap coming off an injury. I think Worrilow would be ok as long as hes not asked to be the man out there. He might be aight playing next to Spoon and another good LB. We need a true MLB, should have just paid Lofton.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    I'm not saying trade 4 picks for Amari Cooper lol but somewhere in the 3rd or 4th round you gotta get another downfield threat.

The offense is fine but soon as the other teams start to realize Julio's the only threat we got it's not gonna be as effective.

1st and 2nd picks should be spent on the DL and FA will be used to shore up both lines and the LBs
  • bigduece69
    bigduece69 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deep down I want the Falcons to win out and make the playoffs, but on the flip side I almost want them to not make it just so it guarantees that Mike smith is gone at the end of the season and we get a top ten draft pick. I agree that front seven needs to be worked on in the draft and I would love to be able to pick up Ndamukong Suh in free agency. The only position that I would like to see worked on offense, would be to continue to beef up the o line in later rounds.
  • Moore7s
    Moore7s Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Suh needs a coach that controls the locker room.Mike Smith can't control that dude
  • jayblackdsgb
    jayblackdsgb Members Posts: 3
    Options
    bigduece69 wrote: »
    Deep down I want the Falcons to win out and make the playoffs, but on the flip side I almost want them to not make it just so it guarantees that Mike smith is gone at the end of the season and we get a top ten draft pick. I agree that front seven needs to be worked on in the draft and I would love to be able to pick up Ndamukong Suh in free agency. The only position that I would like to see worked on offense, would be to continue to beef up the o line in later rounds.

Either way Smith ass is gone, only way his job is safe is if they win the SuperBowl (if thats the case I wouldn't even care cause ? WE JUST WON THE SUPERBOWL) . Other then that they dont make the playoffs he is gone, any lost in the playoffs he is gone.
  • bignorm
    Options
    LOL. Yall ? gonna go 7-9
  • bignorm
    Options
    Exchange from page 1 of this thread.
    I like where the Falcons are right now. They're hungry to get back to where they were in 2012 and they seem to thrive when they are able to play the underdog role.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what Brian ? can get out of the dline.

• bignorm
    Options
    I like where the Falcons are right now. They're hungry to get back to where they were in 2012 and they seem to thrive when they are able to play the underdog role.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what Brian ? can get out of the dline.

I agree. The Falcon's are looking rather Young, Humble & Hungry.

• numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    I was disappointed in Matt. Harry Douglas already came out and said that interception was his(not Matt's) fault. That's something that I already knew. If you weren't paying attention or don't really know ? about the game, you clearly missed HD running that sloppy ass route and quiting on the play not knowing that Matt passed him the ball.

Matt did have a few bad passes that ended a few drives. FGs don't win games....We lost because we went into the redzone 4 times and only got 2 TD(1 each half). I'm not saying that he needs to be perfect but um.....he could've played a whole hell of a lot better yesterday.

Roddy looked like a number #2 option to Harry Douglas yesterday. That fumble he had ? me off. We had to settle for a FG. Maybe it's time to go ahead, put him in the slot and play that Tony G role in the offense. Father time is catching up to dude.

O-line was meh.....they don't suck like they used to. And i'm fine with that. They did their job which is "so so".

We can't score 30 points every game. I still stand by my statements.....Front 7, 4 new starters(high priced/draft picks) and an entire new coaching staff/gm with the exception of Mike Tice and WR coach.

I don't want to see ? else but the bolded. With that being said.....2 game winning streak gets us in the playoffs.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    I hope whoever the DC is next year doesn't do that soft zone ? Nolan loves so much cause all it does is give up easy 1st downs.

And like I said before the lack of threat besides Julio needs to be addressed cause that's the difference between all these drives ending in TDs instead of FGs
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ya boi g
    Options
    Im ready for a new GM and coaching staff.... I was on board with Smith staying as long as Dimitroff goes but ? that. Everybody needs to leave. Especially Mike Nolan, this defensive scheme is terrible. I hate seeming them go with the same ? that doesnt work week end and week out too. Tired of seeing Biermann get 95% of the snaps on defense and a guy like Mass get 0. Its like they trying to get fired. A lot of they may be on Smith tho. He always goes with the overpaid vets over younger more promising players.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Time to put up or shut up in a few days. Hopefully Julio is good to go. ? Mo will be back. The defense will be themselves but the offense has to come out swinging.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Round of applause for the defense today.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    I almost wanna take back everything I've said about Kroy cause he was beasting.

Lol at the aints having to pay 26 mill to a QB with LHD
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    I like what seen out of Ra'Shede Hageman too. Defense looked good, makes me feel that we only need 2 or 3 new front 7 starters instead of 4.

Gotta beat Carolina in the Dome & we're headed to the dance.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    Yeah I kinda thought if the pass rush improved then some guys would look better on defense.

Whoever the next coach is should keep Tice cause the OL been on point since they finally stopped getting hurt.
  • bignorm
    Options
    LOL. Yall ? gonna go 7-9

2nlvllc.jpg
  • ya boi g
    Options
    Kroy had a good game. But still.... ? Kroy

Defense stepped up yesterday. But Nolan still did a lot of dumb ? . Like 3 man rush on 3rd and forever. I think they converted like three 3rd and longs.

Hagemann earned more snaps and Mass looked good on his limited snaps. They both need to gets more PT over guys like Osi and Jackson.

Offense looked good. Time to let Freeman get the bulk of the carries and run jackson on short yardage and late in games.
  • jayblackdsgb
    jayblackdsgb Members Posts: 3
    Options
    We need the same defense to show up next Sunday.
  • bignorm
    Options
    Serious question........... the Falcons make the playoffs....... they win 2 games...........

Yall still want Smith/Dmitrov out?
    Or does that earn them another run?