Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight (2015)

Options

Comments

• #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »
    QT >>>> SPIKE

I hope you don't mean at making movies

U really think spikes better after all his bombs?

All directors have had bombs and yes some of Spike's have been epic bombs. That still doesn't take away from the great movies he has done.

To me Spike's best movies are better than QT. They also make 2 different styles of movies though so I don't really judge them like that.

Put it this way if Chi-raq and Hateful Eight came out on the same day and I was interested in both. I would go see Spike movie first.

Exactly! Spike and Tarrentino make different types of films and they shouldn't be compared because of this. Of course it's easier for all types of people to digest movies that have no edge or social commentary.

That's not a knock on QT either because I love a lot of his movies but a decent amount of Spike's movies are geared toward a particular audience and have a boat load of social commentary in it which automatically will turn many folks away from viewing the movie.

Both are great directors that have some duds but I love a lot of both guys work collectively for two totally different reasons.

But thats not the reason they suck.

Its just the fact he fell off and makes ? movies these days.

It could be the reason they suck to certain people though. I mean if you are a movie goer who goes to a film thinking it's gonna be a straight comedy and nothing more then you might be thrown for a loop when it's funny but not slap stick type funny.

Perfect example of this was Top 5 with Chris Rock. A lot of people thought it was gonna be a silly funny movie like some of the latest movies Kevin Hart has played in but it was more of a serious comedy. I enjoyed it because I caught a lot of the gems he had in the movie not to mention it was funny to me but others didn't like it because they thought it would be more of a silly type comedy with not much substance to it.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    QT was on Sway In Morning

Im not gonna post the vid because Sway ? up & dropped a spoiler :angry:

tumblr_mx5xgyV60E1rskga0o1_400.gif
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One more week to go. The anticipation is killing me.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    QT was on Sway In Morning

Im not gonna post the vid because Sway ? up & dropped a spoiler :angry:

tumblr_mx5xgyV60E1rskga0o1_400.gif

Damn , Im 5 mins into the interview and was bout to post it, but I'm glad I saw this post. I cut that ? off quick as ? lol
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read the spoilers.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This dvdscr leaked too same with the revanant and creed
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Surprise Surprise, It aint even take 10 minutes and "? " already been uttered 5 times in the movie.

Most "? (s)" ive ever heard in a movie ? .

Lmao at Sam Jackson's character's ? etherous story.

How yall got a problem with "? " being said considering the time period and setting of this movie?

And Django, for that matter. As long as it's in the proper context of the movie, I'm good. Even today, I assume all white people saying "? " in their head anyway.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Surprise Surprise, It aint even take 10 minutes and "? " already been uttered 5 times in the movie.

Most "? (s)" ive ever heard in a movie ? .

Lmao at Sam Jackson's character's ? etherous story.

How yall got a problem with "? " being said considering the time period and setting of this movie?

Sway told QT the use of the word bothered him as a black man

Qt responded that it should and hes glad Sway didnt live in that time period because thats just what time it was back then.

He also said he also used the word in his dialogue because it itself is a form of violence.

....i would post the interview but as i said above... ? sway
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    This dvdscr leaked too same with the revanant and creed

Word?

Anybody got a link to the revanant? Ima wait to see Hateful 8 in theaters
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This is why i dont ? with that ? tarantino or his movies, 10 minutes in i done heard ? bout 15 times, ? bout 3 times and the only time samuel l jackson got mad is when some letter from abe lincoln is damaged, thats some ? ? if i ever seen it and i cut that ? off because i aint bout to sit here and listen to these crackers say ? over and over for 3 hours.

And before any of you lames try to say its realistic or some ? , this ? had a whole movie based outta japan and i aint hear ? or ? or slant eye not once, all he did was kiss they ass,

He always been on that ? and people actually got upset when spike called him out on it, hes got some obsession with saying ? in his films and he needs to get his ? ass head knocked off his shoulders.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    The only time i never understood QTs use of the word is his character in Pulp Fiction.

Other than that it made sense and was realistic in Django and the dialogue he writes for black characters in his films.
  • white sympathizer
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This is why i dont ? with that ? tarantino or his movies, 10 minutes in i done heard ? bout 15 times, ? bout 3 times and the only time samuel l jackson got mad is when some letter from abe lincoln is damaged, thats some ? ? if i ever seen it and i cut that ? off because i aint bout to sit here and listen to these crackers say ? over and over for 3 hours.

And before any of you lames try to say its realistic or some ? , this ? had a whole movie based outta japan and i aint hear ? or ? or slant eye not once, all he did was kiss they ass,

He always been on that ? and people actually got upset when spike called him out on it, hes got some obsession with saying ? in his films and he needs to get his ? ass head knocked off his shoulders.

Based outa Japan...

? is term for Chinese

? is for Vietnamese & Korean

Anyways thats because Americas history makes it true. Why would he randomly thow around racial slurs in Asia if the dialogue dont fit the context.

The same reason he made it a point to throw ? around in pulp fiction, just because hes a white chicken ? ?

And all you apologists tell me, how many other races do he be ? with?

Black people are the ONLY people who get disrespected in his ? ass movies and then he tries to hide behind "historical accuracy"

The problem with that ? is all of this ? is fictional, he wrote the story and the dialogue, this isnt him retelling something that actually happened, this is him getting a chance to throw ? around 500 ? times and have ? and crackers laugh it up, not to mention, i aint hear not one ? , not one ? when the mexicans were addressed.

We are the only people he do that ? with, he dont ? with the asians, the jews, the mexicans, or even the ? arabs, so miss that me with that goal post moving rhetoric, and before you try to comeback with "but but he made jackie brown" just remember white dudes saved the ? day in that movie and like all the black folks, save for deebo and jackie got killed.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Based outa Japan...

? is term for Chinese

Anyways thats because Americas history makes it true. Why would he randomly thow around racial slurs in Asia if the dialogue dont fit the context.

The same reason he made it a point to throw ? around in pulp fiction, just because hes a white chicken ? ?

Black people are the ONLY people who get disrespected in his ? ass movies and then he tries to hide behind "historical accuracy"

The problem with that ? is all of this ? is fictional, he wrote the story and the dialogue, this isnt him retelling something that actually happened, this is him getting a chance to throw ? around 500 ? times and have ? and crackers laugh it up, not to mention, i aint hear not one ? , not one ? when the mexicans were addressed.

We are the only people he do that ? with, he dont ? with the asians, the jews, the mexicans, or even the ? arabs, so miss that me with that goal post moving rhetoric, and before you try to comeback with "but but he made jackie brown" just remember white dudes saved the ? day in that movie and like all the black folks, save for deebo and jackie got killed.

Then don't watch the ? anymore.
  • white sympathizer
    edited December 2015
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

Based outa Japan...

? is term for Chinese

I aint planning to, love how the crackers and ? expose themselves though, yall cant help but look for that pat on the head from ? .
  • TheGOAT
    edited December 2015
    Options

Based outa Japan...

? is term for Chinese

White dudes saved the day?

Jackie Brown plays the cops into handling her business.

And "all the black folks got killed"?

Yeah Chris tucker got killed but Sam made it to the final scene (and he was the villian tryn ? the main character)

...plus the blonde hoe & DeNiro die too so it evens out for you since you are keeping score.
  • white sympathizer
    edited December 2015
    Options

Based outa Japan...

? is term for Chinese

Yeah Chris tucker got killed but Sam made it to the final scene (and he was the villian tryn ? the main character)

...plus the blonde hoe & DeNiro die too so it evens out for you since you are keeping score.

Just like i predicted, try to pull the jackie brown card

Remind me, was it or was it not the white dude who got to save the day and get jackie?

The cops were after ordell and wanted him gone, so even they got what they wanted

Blonde ? was using ordell and louis wasnt even a secondary character, his death meant nothing.

I like how you keep dodging the question about any other races getting disrespected, because you have no argument

2 movies around japanese mythology and hattori hanzo swords and bruce lee jumpsuits, yet not one "? " not one "slant eye", no nothing, not even from the redneck characters.

Movies based in california, strong latin population, not one "? ","? " or even cockroach.

Try again
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ this not being stickied

Fuckn bozos
  • Max.
    Options
    Im halfway thru its good
  • TheGOAT
    Options

Based outa Japan...

? is term for Chinese

Just like i predicted, try to pull the jackie brown card

Remind me, was it or was it not the white dude who got to save the day and get jackie?

The cops were after ordell and wanted him gone, so even they got what they wanted

Blonde ? was using ordell and louis wasnt even a secondary character, his death meant nothing.

I like how you keep dodging the question about any other races getting disrespected, because you have no argument

I didnt pull a "jackie brown card" u brought it up. I just showed u your point was wrong.

And he doesnt end up with Jackie in the end they go seperate ways.

And your other point is that his dialogue isnt racist enough... So im done entertaining your posts
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Based outa Japan...

? is term for Chinese

And Django caught like 20 cracka bodies... While the "white hero" got washed 3/4ths through the movie

Jules Winfield was hands down the best character in Pulp Fiction.

Made ? look like a buffoon and massacred the "Master Race" in Inglorious Basterds. Even Christolph Waltz character at the end went out like a ? .

• (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

Based outa Japan...

? is term for Chinese

I aint planning to, love how the crackers and ? expose themselves though, yall cant help but look for that pat on the head from ? .

And I love how the bitchmade ? expose themselves too. You can always recognize the crybaby ass ? that were raised by single mothers from the way they constantly ? & complain.
  • Max.
    Options

When mexican gets his head blown away

Waznt expecting kurt to die so soon

Ether at sam L having dude son suck his ? nh smh

Tatum actually killed his role headshot!