The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol why sneakerheads have to be geeks? The thing that I don't respect is ? who sacrifice meals and livein dumps but have hella kicks. Anyways co-sign whoever talked about hoopin in hyperdunks. Best shoe to hoop in

Espn thinks the squad only good enough for the 8th seed. I don't think we drop that low.
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Just pay Charles and Kenny and Ernie to do that wearing TNT Gang accessories
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And we're still going to have the same posters cry about the quality of the pre-game show like they're being forced to watch it.

The whole chemistry is off on that show ....nobody has the charisma to really make it entertaining .... Simmons wasn't terrible but he comes across as a Stan ass ? like some of these dudes posting ... Jalen is a little dull sometimes ...and coach Collins brings nothing to the table and don't even get me started in Sage.... Smh

They need to start from scratch... Steal Chris Webber from TNT and build around him

Nah Collins is knowledgeable but Simmons would always talk ova him dat was da main chemistry issue there, wats ya beef wit sage tho?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bron is so contrived did yall see that clip of him
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmZQ9JG8uZ4

Well this was awkward. Thought that ngga was gon break out w/ 'Hulk Hogan im comin for youuuu ngga'
  • pimped_out_red
    pimped_out_red Members Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    blu197 wrote: »
    And them Brons ugly as ? , ? jus messin with em b/c it's their fav player sig shoe

Lol That's the only reason *SOME* Jordan's are popular
    I agree
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Well this was awkward. Thought that ngga was gon break out w/ 'Hulk Hogan im comin for youuuu ngga'

He channeled David Ortiz doin spoken word in almost perfect english

he seems coached
  • S2J
    Options

he seems coached

Oh you mean 'basball been berry berry goo to me'. Ha
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2014
    Options

he seems coached

Oh you mean 'basball been berry berry goo to me'. Ha

Sammy Sosa?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ESPN has the woat group of analysts. They need to get rid of all 3. They should make a run at Webber. Just pay him double what he's making at TNT ? it. Webber Legler/Steven A. and GP would be solid
  • S2J
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Never understood any ngga who says all Jordans are ugly. What kind of weirdo type---nvm, we're all different I suppose.

Definitely the appeal has worn off b/c they've completely ? out Jordans, but if you're a age 25-40 year old man how can Jordans at no point mean anything to you. Weirdo ? imo.

Me personally i remember him hoopin in the 6's in his first finals
    13-1991-nba-finals-jordan-magic-23-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-air-jordans.jpg

That scene in He Got Game

HE-GOT-GAME-AIR-JORDAN-13.jpeg

Etc, etc. The appeal has worn off but J's are the greatest kicks ever...just wont find me in too many, too many culture vultures and new nggas rockin em now

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought he meant "this is our focking cityyy" after the marathon bombing...
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The NBA will announce Wednesday that LeBron James will play his first game in Miami since returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Christmas Day, according to sources briefed on the league's new schedule.

Sources told ESPN.com that the NBA's 2014-15 schedule -- which will be released in full Wednesday at 6 p.m. in an NBA TV special -- predictably sends James back to South Beach to face Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and the rest of the Miami Heat on the marquee date of the league's regular-season calendar after James' decision last month to re-sign with his home-state Cavaliers.

The Los Angeles Times reported earlier this week that the L.A. Clippers and Golden State Warriors also will square off in one of the league's Christmas Day games in a renewal of the growing rivalry between the Pacific Division clubs.

Due to some last-minute shuffling, sources said, exactly when and where James will launch his second stint as a Cavalier is still being finalized. But sources insist that it will not be in San Antonio after considerable speculation in recent weeks that Cleveland would open the new season against the NBA's reigning champions.

Right Night for the Spurs, sources said, is tentatively scheduled for Oct. 28 at home against the Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio's opponent for seven games in the first round of last spring's playoffs.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm 26. Jordan's mean nothing to me.
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Never understood any ngga who says all Jordans are ugly. What kind of weirdo type---nvm, we're all different I suppose.

Definitely the appeal has worn off b/c they've completely ? out Jordans, but if you're a age 25-40 year old man how can Jordans at no point mean anything to you. Weirdo ? imo.

Me personally i remember him hoopin in the 6's in his first finals
    13-1991-nba-finals-jordan-magic-23-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-air-jordans.jpg

That scene in He Got Game

HE-GOT-GAME-AIR-JORDAN-13.jpeg

Etc, etc. The appeal has worn off but J's are the greatest kicks ever...just wont find me in too many, too many culture vultures and new nggas rockin em now

Most of them are wack.. imo i like the 10-13 up until that point..

and what kind of elitist ? is your last line fam.. "culture vultures and new ? ".. they just shoes ? ..

MJ "republicans by shoes too"

Sneaker heads are like weed heads..

"its from the eurf..."

"stimulate ya mind craig"
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    00713 wrote: »
    I'm 26. Jordan's mean nothing to me.

I'm 28 and feel the same way, ? ? me thinking we should all like the same ?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

And we're still going to have the same posters cry about the quality of the pre-game show like they're being forced to watch it.

The whole chemistry is off on that show ....nobody has the charisma to really make it entertaining .... Simmons wasn't terrible but he comes across as a Stan ass ? like some of these dudes posting ... Jalen is a little dull sometimes ...and coach Collins brings nothing to the table and don't even get me started in Sage.... Smh

They need to start from scratch... Steal Chris Webber from TNT and build around him

Nah Collins is knowledgeable but Simmons would always talk ova him dat was da main chemistry issue there, wats ya beef wit sage tho?

She a stiff ...just another lifeless "suit" This article breaks it down perfectly

If you missed it Wednesday night, we had a classic Disney moment. Before the Heat@Pacers Eastern Conference finals Game 5, remote studio host Sage Steele made reference that Miami forward Chris Andersen, aka The Birdman, would be unavailable for the second straight game because of a thigh injury.

Which triggered a vintage rap reference from the early aughts by Jalen Rose. Yes, attempting a little levity, Rose made the Birdman sound: "Brrrrrr!" and – better sit down here – the 62-year-old, whiter-than-your-fridge Collins actually answered with the chorus, "What happened to that boy?"

I guess it's gotta be osmosis from four different decades of NBA locker rooms. The delighted Rose fist-bumped Collins and exclaimed, "Yay-uh! Coach was in DC when that came out!"

And here's where it got really funny. Sage Steele clearly had no idea what they were talking about. Either derailed because her point about Andersen had been dismissed or simply left agog because she had no applicable notes or cue card to refer to, she froze. For about five seconds of dead air.

Which cuts to the heart of why TNT's crew is so awesome and ESPN's sucks so totally. Ernie Johnson would not have needed a reference point. He simply would have blurted out in his best button-down voice: "What the heck are you guys talking about?" Which would've been even funnier.

TNT's crew of Ernie, Charles Barkley, Kenny "The Jet" Smith and Shaquille O'Neal is the barbecue, the kegger, the barbershop on Saturday. You'd better be ready and you'd better come with sufficient ammo or you will be shot down. Anything's game, nothing's taken too seriously.

That's even when Shaq's ego gets in the way and he tries to pick fights with Chuck. Which always reminds me of a 12-year-old challenging his big brother's wit. Nothing good can come of it for the little guy.

Really, it all works because of Chuck and The Jet. They are matched like Seinfeld and Costanza. They understand each other. Kenny's analytics complement Chuck's humor. And Ernie is the perfect foil for both.

Shaq is just baggage, really; anyone could be in the fourth chair. Others have been. Chris Webber or Brent Barry might be an upgrade at this juncture.

But the point is, TNT's crew has reached a point where they barely seem to realize they're on TV anymore. That's a great place to be.

ESPN, on the other hand, is the ultimate corporatized plastic production. Everything Disney touches seems churned out of a Powerpoint presentation and 12 conference calls.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Only people I ? with is my baby boo Doris Burke ...and sometimes Jalen .... but he needs someone better to bounce off other than Simmons ...it just doesn't work on air ...
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordans are teenage girl shoes now. Like you see lil girls in charter school khakis walking the streets wit extra clean 6's, etc.
    Only people I ? with is my baby boo Doris Burke ...and sometimes Jalen .... but he needs someone better to bounce off other than Simmons ...it just doesn't work on air ...

Doris Burke's passion for the game is very evident. That's part of the reason she's likable.

That and the fact that he drops great insight and gives an unbiast perspective is why ppl love Hubie Brown.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

doris burke is that chick
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    ESPN has the woat group of analysts. They need to get rid of all 3. They should make a run at Webber. Just pay him double what he's making at TNT ? it. Webber Legler/Steven A. and GP would be solid

? Steven A ....but I like that line up overall .... how is GP? I don't watch too much of nbatv post game coverage ...I don't remember him being that good on TNT
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • mnriz3
    mnriz3 Members Posts: 1
    Options
    Top 10 Starting Backcourts in the NBA for the 2014-15 Season

http://nosebleedsectionsports.com/top-10-starting-backcourts-in-the-nba-for-the-2014-15-season/
    1. John Wall (19.3 PPG, 8.8 APG, 4.1 RPG) and Bradley Beal (17.1 PPG, 3.3 APG, 3.7 RPG) wall and beal

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT IN DC!!!! Almost as bright as Bradley Beal’s smile… so perfect. Have I mentioned I have a big NBA man crush on the former Gator? I was lucky enough to see him play in person at the McDonald’s All-American game in 2011 and instantly became a fan. The youth of this tandem is almost scary because of how good they already are. Beal, 21, can light it up from anywhere, and I mean anywhere, on the court. Wall compliments him perfectly as arguably the best “drive and kick” point guard in the league. Brad (he lets me call him that) is poised and on his way to becoming the best scoring two guard in the league, and at his current trajectory, he will get there soon. Wall, 23, has the talent and poise to be the top point guard in the NBA. His jump shot is improving every year, and few run an offense better than the Kentucky graduate. Don’t be surprised when he averages 20 points and 10 assists this season. Last year they put Washington on the map, and gave us spectators a little taste of what’s to come. I must say it again, the future is bright in DC. Not only did they beat “The Splash Brothers” on this list, but they also beat them for out for coolest backcourt nickname. The “House of Guards” is ready to become a perennial playoff team and title contender. So there you have it, the top 10 starting backcourts in the NBA for the 2014-2015 season. With every list, there is always some second guessing, and here are some of the duo’s that just missed the cut

Much love to jdstaywitdaoptometry lmao for posting my article and actually backing up his stats and knowing his basketball. I know the list aint perfect, but its my opinion and imma stick to it.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    00713 wrote: »
    Lol why sneakerheads have to be geeks? The thing that I don't respect is ? who sacrifice meals and livein dumps but have hella kicks. Anyways co-sign whoever talked about hoopin in hyperdunks. Best shoe to hoop in

Espn thinks the squad only good enough for the 8th seed. I don't think we drop that low.

Somehow losing parsons has bcone equal to us losing a top 10 player in the league. Like I said before you give me ariza and parsons I'm taking Parsons all day but for THIS TEAM ariza is fine. We need a guy who can guard the perimeter and shoot 3's and he does that. I think we're a 5th seed, 6th seed at worse but maybe that's the homer in me
This discussion has been closed.