Police gun down 17 year old unarmed black teen. (Update) Darren Wilson Not Indicted

Options

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »
    The ram players have to apologize , but Darren Wilson have yet apologized to the family of Mike Brown.

i dont think they should.

the rams play for st louis.

they are representing the st louis community.

when they lose the community feels it. everyone doesnt agree. they will vocie their concerns with coaching and/or players.

when they win the community feels it. everyone doesnt agree but they will voice their approval.

but when they protest...they should apologize an stay out of community affairs?

im confused.

or they just wasnt the right color.
    I dont think they should apologize at all...
    But craccers want them to, while Darren murdered in cold blood n have yet to apologize to the family.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Don't know if this was posted but...

Ditka on Ferguson: 'I don’t want to hear about this hands-up ? . This policeman’s life is ruined

Mike Ditka took time out of his weekly column in the Chicago Sun-Times to share his perspective about the rioting following a grand jury’s decision not to indict Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson in the fatal shooting of Mike Brown, and the decision St. Louis Rams players made to support protesters with the “hands up, don’t shoot” gesture prior to Sunday’s game.

Ditka to the Chicago Sun-Times feature:

“It’s a shame this thing has come to this. The shame of it is, I’m not sure they care about Michael Brown or anything else. This was a reason to protest and to go out and loot. Is this the way to celebrate the memory of Michael Brown? Is this an excuse to be lawless? Somebody has to tell me that. I don’t understand it. I understand what the Rams’ take on this was. I’m embarrassed for the players more than anything. They want to take a political stand on this? Well, there are a lot of other things that have happened in our society that people have not stood up and disagreed about.”

Ditka also spoke to his concerns about the possibility of reducing the amount of power given to the police force and the dangers that could create.

“I wasn’t in Ferguson. I don’t know exactly what happened. But I know one thing: If we dismantle and limit the power of our policemen any more than we have already, then we’re going to have a lot of problems in this country.”

The Super Bowl-winning coach went on to say that he believed protestors were misrepresenting the facts of the shooting, and though he admitted to not knowing what actually did happen, Ditka was adamant in his opinion that the truth was being blurred.

What do you do if someone pulls a gun on you or is robbing a store and you stop them? I don’t want to hear about this hands-up ? . That’s not what happened. I don’t know exactly what did happen, but I know that’s not what happened. This policeman’s life is ruined. Why? Because we have to break somebody down. Because we have to even out the game. I don’t know. I don’t get it. Maybe I’m just old fashioned.”

On Monday, the NFL said that it would not discipline the players who protested, going against a request issued by the St. Louis Police Officer’s Association. The SLPOA demanded an apology and called the players’ actions “tasteless, offensive and inflammatory.”

This whole post is comical : "I wasn't there, I don't know what happened but I know for a FACT he didn't have his hands up."

But the bolded is probably my favorite of all the White tricks. They love to say oh, well a white person just got killed by the police where's the outrage?? Where's Al Sharpton for that huh? How come no marches for the white guy that just got killed? You're protesting this but how come you don't protest that? Huh??

It's like they say if you're going to protest this, you have an obligation to protest EVERYTHING and EVERY issue now. One of the most ? things I've ever read. Like it's the job of Blacks to protest in this country and we're being unfair in our protests. White tricks I tell ya
    Something Chris Rock said about Whites and Hollywood but I think it applies across the board for alot of race relations

'Now I'm not Murphy, but I've done fine. And I try to help young black guys coming up because those people took chances on me. Eddie didn't have to put me in Beverly Hills Cop II. Keenen Wayans didn't have to put me in I'm Gonna ? You Sucka. Arsenio didn't have to let me on his show. I'd do the same for a young white guy, but here's the difference: Someone's going to help the white guy. Multiple people will. The people whom I've tried to help, I'm not sure anybody was going to help them....'
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beware: White nationalists from various forums like Chimpout, are out here photoshoping protest signs on social media (using fake accounts who on a surface level appear to be innocuous) to carry out their racist agenda and influence the unsuspecting public.
    tumblr_nfzy533D9d1s7hxsdo1_500.jpg
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a psychological war, im just now starting to look @ how multi-layered this ? is. "This is chess not checkers" but what if you're only being led to believe you are playing chess.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a psychological war, im just now starting to look @ how multi-layered this ? is. "This is chess not checkers" but what if you're only being led to believe you are playing chess.

Huh?
    I agree that we are in a psychological war, but I'm lost at the last part. What do you mean?
  • Westie
    Options
    He has a really good point about there being blowback every time we have progress.

http://youtu.be/PJPXVLnHOwY
  • Westie
    Options
    Beware: White nationalists from various forums like Chimpout, are out here photoshoping protest signs on social media (using fake accounts who on a surface level appear to be innocuous) to carry out their racist agenda and influence the unsuspecting public.

Inb4 that ? pops up on my timeline and I have to have another deleting spree. Smfh
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westie wrote: »

Huh?
    I agree that we are in a psychological war, but I'm lost at the last part. What do you mean?

Just sayin this ? can be looked at from like umpteen different angles. Ok first obviously the race black-white angle.
    The police state angle, the political angle and so forth. Everybody including me and anyone here thinks we have a good idea on whats happening here when in reality there's other factors at play especially when you think about the timing of all this. There's something deeper here and all we are really doing is playing checkers because to be REAL about it we are looking at it myopically because it plays to our emotions. Im not an ? that can get emotional but this ? is really getting to me. We are being manipulated for a reason.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peeped this before the no indictment on both in Ferguson & Garner cases. Whatever's going on, it definitely got me feelin uncomfortable. Turn on the news, they got us lookin like gun happy animals, ? allegations against celebs, domestic violence, child abuse etc.. And it's ALL black men. It's like they tryna turn the world against us for some reason. Something terrible is brewing
  • Westie
    Options

Huh?

Just sayin this ? can be looked at from like umpteen different angles. Ok first obviously the race black-white angle.
    The police state angle, the political angle and so forth. Everybody including me and anyone here thinks we have a good idea on whats happening here when in reality there's other factors at play especially when you think about the timing of all this. There's something deeper here and all we are really doing is playing checkers because to be REAL about it we are looking at it myopically because it plays to our emotions. Im not an ? that can get emotional but this ? is really getting to me. We are being manipulated for a reason.

I completely agree with you. It's not just black people being played though. fear, emotion, and anger is being used on everyone. I wish I knew wtf is really going on.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Barkley's on TNT explaining himself.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They could've kept that ? ...all of them Kenny smith included....they just wasted. 15 minutes of air time
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen A. Smith disagrees with Kenny Smith's open letter to Charles Barkley about Ferguson

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/stephen-a-smith-kenny-smith-open-letter-to-charles-barkley
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Huh?

The bottom line is money/wealth/control of natural resources. The rich wanna keep getting richer at the expense of the poor. They have centuries old plans in motion already. That's why it seems so overwhelming
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I flicked to ? News (it helps to try to see ALL sides of how people feel on certain issues) for a bit, and there's some black sheriff, Sheriff David Clarke of Wisconsin, hollering some SUPER ? ? . He says because young black men don't respect mom and dad (the ones that had fathers) they grow up never respect the police and authority.

I guess they forgot to mention all the white folks out there marching as well...

And who is this broad with her own show on ? News, anyway?
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had to check my boss today.

Had to check my coworker. He talked about the rioting and I showed him the riots that white people started,also shown him the video of the cops setting that car on fire. He had nothing to say ,tried to change the subject real quick.

They don't get it. And if they Dom they don'trrespect it. Violence us the answer
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's even sadder are the "Black Conservatives" who keep retweeting that picture:

B30yZS0IYAAtWsp.jpg
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lawrence O’Donnell Rips St. Louis Prosecutor For …: http://youtu.be/MZiegNiE6f0
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lohud.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2014/12/04/jets-sheldon-richardson-stands-ferguson-comments/19929511/
    Jets' Sheldon Richardson stands by Ferguson comments

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. – Sheldon Richardson felt helpless as he watched the scenes near his hometown unfold on TV.

The Jets defensive tackle was born and raised in St. Louis, just a few minutes away from Ferguson, Missouri, where police officer Darren Wilson was not indicted by a grand jury last week in the Aug. 9 shooting death of Michael Brown. Protests, looting and burning buildings followed, and Richardson couldn't anything about it.

"Destroying Ferguson was not what I wanted to come from the verdict of the grand jury," he said Thursday. "I actually wanted my whole city to stay intact, and I don't think we'll bounce back from that — well, the area of Ferguson, anyway. That's just how I feel about it. I just want my hometown to stay as peaceful as possible, but I don't blame them. I know where they're coming from and I understand, but that's not the solution."

Richardson learned of the ruling after the Jets lost 38-3 to the Buffalo Bills in Detroit on Nov. 24. He wrote that night on Twitter that he wasn't a "happy camper" because of the game, and because "they let this pig get off." Last season's AP Defensive Rookie of the Year reiterated his frustrations — and his "pig" comment — in an interview with the New York Daily News published Wednesday. He stood by them again in the Jets' locker room after practice Thursday.

"Don't get the word 'pig' wrong," he said. "I mean, I meant that, but don't take away from my message."

That message is?

"A guy got murdered, and a guy got off for it," Richardson said. "It's just that simple. It just happened out here in New York, too, so it's not just in St. Louis. It's pretty bad everywhere now. So much for the justice system."

He clarified that his derogatory comment regarding police was not a blanket statement, rather just aimed at Wilson. "Hey, man, I've got friends who are cops," Richardson said. "They laughed about it and said, 'I can't believe you actually said it, though.' I was just referring to one guy. If you want to take it personal (or) make it personal, you know where I work at."

Since his arrival last season as a first-round pick from the University of Missouri, Richardson has never been afraid to speak his mind. "Why would I be? It's just words, you know?" he said. "The actions are being done by the police officers, who I feel are doing wrong. You're supposed to protect and serve, but you're out killing people. And I'm not even talking about Darren Wilson. That was with the cop in New York."

Richardson was surprised to hear Wednesday that a grand jury cleared police officer Daniel Pantaleo in the chokehold death of Eric Garner in Staten Island. That decision also sparked demonstrations in the city and nationally.

"That's pretty much, as they say, a closed-and-shut case, isn't it?" Richardson said. "A guy's telling you he can't breathe and he wasn't doing anything. I saw the video, and it's pretty bad. It's just the way it is, man."

Richardson and some teammates discussed the cases, and he said he respects both sides of the debate. He also supported the five St. Louis Rams players who made the "Hands up. Don't shoot!" gesture before a game Sunday that protesters in Ferguson have been using. Some witnesses said Brown, who is black, had his hands up before being shot by Wilson, who is white and told the grand jury he shot Brown in self-defense.

"It just speaks volumes that somebody else was willing to do something, a peaceful protest, didn't have to say anything. They just went out there and did it," he said. "Everybody has their right to an opinion, and it's my opinion. It's up to you if you respect it or not, but just don't disrespect me."

Richardson also was adamant that his opinion of the Ferguson incident is not a racial issue.

"I'm not trying to make this a white or black thing," he said. "Someone got murdered. It's just that simple. Cold blood. There's been a lot of victims or people who committed crimes that have been apprehended with guns in their hands."

After the season, Richardson plans to help the people of his hometown rebound from the unrest while checking on his family regularly.

"I don't know exactly what I need to do right now," he said, "but I need to do something when I get back home — positive."

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Don't know if this was posted but...

Ditka on Ferguson: 'I don’t want to hear about this hands-up ? . This policeman’s life is ruined

Mike Ditka took time out of his weekly column in the Chicago Sun-Times to share his perspective about the rioting following a grand jury’s decision not to indict Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson in the fatal shooting of Mike Brown, and the decision St. Louis Rams players made to support protesters with the “hands up, don’t shoot” gesture prior to Sunday’s game.

Ditka to the Chicago Sun-Times feature:

“It’s a shame this thing has come to this. The shame of it is, I’m not sure they care about Michael Brown or anything else. This was a reason to protest and to go out and loot. Is this the way to celebrate the memory of Michael Brown? Is this an excuse to be lawless? Somebody has to tell me that. I don’t understand it. I understand what the Rams’ take on this was. I’m embarrassed for the players more than anything. They want to take a political stand on this? Well, there are a lot of other things that have happened in our society that people have not stood up and disagreed about.”

Ditka also spoke to his concerns about the possibility of reducing the amount of power given to the police force and the dangers that could create.

“I wasn’t in Ferguson. I don’t know exactly what happened. But I know one thing: If we dismantle and limit the power of our policemen any more than we have already, then we’re going to have a lot of problems in this country.”

The Super Bowl-winning coach went on to say that he believed protestors were misrepresenting the facts of the shooting, and though he admitted to not knowing what actually did happen, Ditka was adamant in his opinion that the truth was being blurred.

What do you do if someone pulls a gun on you or is robbing a store and you stop them? I don’t want to hear about this hands-up ? . That’s not what happened. I don’t know exactly what did happen, but I know that’s not what happened. This policeman’s life is ruined. Why? Because we have to break somebody down. Because we have to even out the game. I don’t know. I don’t get it. Maybe I’m just old fashioned.”

On Monday, the NFL said that it would not discipline the players who protested, going against a request issued by the St. Louis Police Officer’s Association. The SLPOA demanded an apology and called the players’ actions “tasteless, offensive and inflammatory.”

This whole post is comical : "I wasn't there, I don't know what happened but I know for a FACT he didn't have his hands up."

But the bolded is probably my favorite of all the White tricks. They love to say oh, well a white person just got killed by the police where's the outrage?? Where's Al Sharpton for that huh? How come no marches for the white guy that just got killed? You're protesting this but how come you don't protest that? Huh??

It's like they say if you're going to protest this, you have an obligation to protest EVERYTHING and EVERY issue now. One of the most ? things I've ever read. Like it's the job of Blacks to protest in this country and we're being unfair in our protests. White tricks I tell ya
    Something Chris Rock said about Whites and Hollywood but I think it applies across the board for alot of race relations

'Now I'm not Murphy, but I've done fine. And I try to help young black guys coming up because those people took chances on me. Eddie didn't have to put me in Beverly Hills Cop II. Keenen Wayans didn't have to put me in I'm Gonna ? You Sucka. Arsenio didn't have to let me on his show. I'd do the same for a young white guy, but here's the difference: Someone's going to help the white guy. Multiple people will. The people whom I've tried to help, I'm not sure anybody was going to help them....'

thats a good article he wrote
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »

That Nugga, knew he had to bounce back, after the donald sterling backing

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Co-sign. I first noticed this last summer w/ the Trayvon Martin case. Since then, damn near every week in the media there's a high profile news story covering a murdered Black person and their white killer getting off. It's like they're taunting us. Mike Brown was the breaking point. I was too young to remember the Rodney King riots in the early 90's, so living to see the Ferguson riots is some true historical ? . I think there's something deeper going on though, something more sinister. I don't know what, but it's more complex than just racism.

Summer 2012 the Army ran full scale military "training" exercises in St. Louis civilian neighborhoods complete w/ armored tanks. Which is pretty much unheard of. Testing the public's reaction to militarization? IDK, but I find it odd that exactly 2 years later in the nearby city of Ferguson has turned to police militarization with regular ass police equipped with military grade weaponry and issuing city wide curfews for the riots. Something aint right. I wish I knew wtf the hidden picture is, but for now all I can do is speculate.