Did the book of Exodus really happen?

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a long list of famous and wealthy atheists. Google it.

yeah but their atheism did not give them money nor motivate them to get it
  • zombie
    Options
    And also, it's usually theists who push their views on people so we have the right to ask questions and proof. If you keep pushing certain beliefs on me then it's within my right to question it and ask is there any evidence.

exactly how in 2014 in a westernized nation like america is anyone pushing their religion on you???
  • zombie
    Options
    I'm going home and pray for ya'll.

Talk to invisible entities in the street, it's schizophrenia. Do it on your knees with hands together or in church, it's prayer.

Crazy is crazy, invisible friends past the age of 8 are still considered a sign of mental illness or lack of development. Call it religion, it's okay?

Ha.
    zombie wrote: »

A desire to understand beyond the faith based limitations of the divine are the reason Bill Nye, Neil Degrasse-Tyson, Richard Dawkins, Bill Gates, Brad Pitt... these folks have made money and contributed to the arts because they have no fear of ? .

You want more?

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/23/10_celebs_you_didnt_know_were_atheists_partner/

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/most-influential/the-8-richest-outspoken-atheist-celebrities/

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2010/10/28/the-generous-atheist-billionaires/

Please, please try to argue Christopher Hitches and Dawkins didn't get a new tax bracket through atheism. I'd like to try see a legless man try win a marathon. Money is made via mass exploitation via profitable idealism. If you believe in religion, that's evident. Cathedrals weren't built through charity.

Ok you have hitches and dawkins but the vast majority of atheist who have money were not motivated to get it by atheism. And do you have any proof that bill gates and brad pitt contributed to the arts because they don't belive in ? ??? lol stop talking out of your ass. these people got money and they are atheist but that does not mean atheism was the factor and motivated them.

militant atheist are the most pathetic people on the planet
  • zombie
    Options
    and by the way bill gates is evil
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And also, it's usually theists who push their views on people so we have the right to ask questions and proof. If you keep pushing certain beliefs on me then it's within my right to question it and ask is there any evidence.

exactly how in 2014 in a westernized nation like america is anyone pushing their religion on you???

Eh, family and people on the streets. I live in columbus, ohio not New York City. My spirituality is not the same as everyone elses and my rituals are not the same as everyone elses, but I don't push my beliefs on to anyone if we talk and they ask I'll give it to them.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

He actually really is and a ? who wants population control on african and melanin people.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How the ? do you know what people's motivations are?

• zombie
    Options

How the ? do you know what people's motivations are?

because I am intelligent and knowing what motivates people is extremely important to one of the ways that I make a living
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    I want to know what great lives the atheists are living resulting from their skepticism and non-belief that justifies somebody having to justify a ? THING to YOU. You dont know ? and you have nothing to show for your non-belief. If you dont like it or believe its true or whatever then whats so hard about shutting the ? up about it?

@judahxulu‌ brethren, Shalom to you and yours and may Yah yah continue to bear fruits in your life, how's home aka the holy land and life treating you. It's nice of you to drop in
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    as a single-issue voter, i am now willing to cosign this

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options

He actually really is and a ? who wants population control on african and melanin people.

To be fair, Bill Gates' opinion on population control isn't based on evil, but on a reality that many people are having children they cannot afford in many places around the world. Even if one thinks population control is wrong, his opinion doesn't necessarily make him evil.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

To be fair, Bill Gates' opinion on population control isn't based on evil, but on a reality that many people are having children they cannot afford in many places around the world. Even if one thinks population control is wrong, his opinion doesn't necessarily make him evil.

He wants a white world friend. That ain't population control but melanin folk gone
  • kingblaze84
    Options

He wants a white world friend. That ain't population control but melanin folk gone

Black population worldwide is growing but IDK ::shrugs::

I haven't heard much bad about Bill Gates before
  • zombie
    Options
    Atheist don't know how ? ignorant they sound when they hold up bill gates and warren buffet as good people when both these mfer's are ? human beings. especially bill gates, when you look into bill gates business practices when he ran M.s and google common core education you will see how ? evil this man is
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Bill Gates is a intellectual thug and steals unprotected intellectual property. I'm only 29 years of age but I been following his career since the 90s since I'm a geek and he like what @zombie said is not a good person. A lot of rich men regardless of beliefs are not good people well mostly.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    The question was posed as what kind of successful lives do atheists have, not what individual atheists say or do after it is established that they are atheistic and successful.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    The question was posed as what kind of successful lives do atheists have, not what individual atheists say or do after it is established that they are atheistic and successful.

Yeah he successful
  • zombie
    Options

That's not the question that was posed. Bill gates came into the discussion as a faulty example of person whose atheism motivated him to get rich that of course made no ? sense because atheism did not motivate bill into starting and running his business.

atheism as am ideology by itself does not push humanity to do anything except annoy those of us who choose to believe.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

That's not the question that was posed. Bill gates came into the discussion as a faulty example of person whose atheism motivated him to get rich that of course made no ? sense because atheism did not motivate bill into starting and running his business.

atheism as am ideology by itself does not push humanity to do anything except annoy those of us who choose to believe.

Jehovah's Witnesses are far more annoying then any atheist I've ever met....
  • zombie
    Options

That may be so, but it still does not detract from my point that atheism alone can not be credited for motivating anyone to create anything except which that attempts to disproves the existence of ? .
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Disproving the existence of a theistic deity is not the atheist's responsibility. Until the theist succeeds in proving the existence of their G-d, there is no need to disprove it.
  • soul rattler
    Options

? ... Crusades, slavery, and genocide are annoying as ? when you just want to be left alone.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

That may be so, but it still does not detract from my point that atheism alone can not be credited for motivating anyone to create anything except which that attempts to disproves the existence of ? .

That's actually not true if you're speaking about individuals. Atheists have a long history of creating inventions and pushing forward historic medical advancements. Non religious frames of mind have done more wonders for medical and scientific advancement in the last 100 years then anything religious frames of thought have ever come up with. There's exceptions of course, but for the most part science and medical progress is coming from atheist or non religious researchers. Not sure what you're tryna get at here.
  • zombie
    Options

That's actually not true if you're speaking about individuals. Atheists have a long history of creating inventions and pushing forward historic medical advancements. Non religious frames of mind have done more wonders for medical and scientific advancement in the last 100 years then anything religious frames of thought have ever come up with. There's exceptions of course, but for the most part science and medical progress is coming from atheist or non religious researchers. Not sure what you're tryna get at here.

yes but did they do so because of atheism??? you are not comprehending the point i am making try paying attention.
  • zombie
    edited August 2014
    Options

? ... Crusades, slavery, and genocide are annoying as ? when you just want to be left alone.

None of that ? has anything to do with the point that was made, but yes religion was a motivating factor for some of the people involved in those things.

but my overall point is that religion actually does something it motivates for good or for bad while atheism alone does nothing