Did the book of Exodus really happen?

Options

Comments

• MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    No disrespect becuz you seem cool but just becuz someone who you love & trust tells you something doesn't make it true.

And first there was Judaism & Paganism and then Christianity. But literally every other Religion, including Islam has borrowed from Christianity.

But again, what more proof do you need to know that Jesus and Christianity is tha real deal. Thinking about it realistically, everything in the good book has proven to be true, everything.

? & His Wonders can be a scary and daunting thing. But there's a reason for that. What, idk I have my guesses. But whatever it is I'm sure there's a good reason. He's our Father so I don't doubt he has "our" best interests.

Its one thing to read the Bible and its another to understand it. And I ain't sayin I got it all correct but I can't see it being wrong when I have indisputable truth

Just the fact a few things proven true, like ancient greeks lived in rome.

And how can something younger than every religion be copied from. If you are the original then you cannot copy something. Christianity around 30 AD. Judiasm earliest 900 BC and as we know it today around 400 BC. I have been studying religion for years. Research Sumerian religions and culture and research Nile Valley religion and culture, research Nubia and Voodoo and ifa. They are far older than Judaism and even before a Jew/Hebrew ever existed.

Hebrew is an Afro Asiatic language and the writing evovled from North African writing which made its way from phoenician shippers to Canaan. Also, look at the cities that were conquered in Joshua. They did not exist around 1200 BC. The bible is historical fiction with some truths in the book series, nothing less like other religions.

But I will say the writing is better collective which is why its seems believable but nothing more and nothing less like Greek Mythology and others like. Not trying to be like "? your religion or what not" but trying to show you that your statement is not true in the least bit.

I think it's unfair telling people who copy from who never traveled to those people, but those people traveled to them.

http://youtu.be/Zai4AQ8v324

#1- why do u keep saying Christianity is the "youngest" Religion and it borrowed from virtually every other Religion and trying to smooth pass it off as truth?

#2- There is only one correct Religion tho. The Bible already stated that there were other Religions & "Gods" before Jesus walked the Earth in the flesh. Or did u speed read thru it not for tha sake of trying to understand but rather for the sake of trying to misuse it by trying to "prove" it wrong just for your own Career options?

If you were to open your eyes (or stop trolling) and you really "question the source" then why has the world literally depended on Christian's since since?

If you can actually prove something in the Bible to be wrong then by all means try to. But side-stepping around that part even tho I've asked yall 50 times to do so already doesn't give your argument any weight. In fact, all you're doing is proving Christianity to be the ultimate truth by trying to ignore Me and preach your own "gospel"

At what point are yall gonna realize that ain't nobody tryna be no Muslim? That what it really all boils down to. You'll try to say its not tha reason somehow but that's what it truly is foreal.

Islam is a fast growing religion globally. And how the world depended on Christians?

Voodoo is 6,000 years old, Buddhism is 2500 years old, Zoroastrian religion is 3,000 years old, Ifa 4,000 years or older, Egyptian and Nubian spiritual system is over 5,000 years old, Sumerian religion is 5,000 years old, naturalism is vastly older than they all are, and etc. Judiasm established offically around 2500 years and Christianity is 2,000 and the only one younger is Islam which is 1500 years old. Research those religions and writings and you'll see the plagarism. Look at Psalms and look at the Egyptian book of the dead. The book of the dead is centuries older than Psalms. The oldest book of Pslams is only 2200 years old.

Yea ight ? . The world been dominated, controlled, and aided and influenced by Europe & The U.S. since forever ? chill

I see you're still side-stepping tho.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No disrespect becuz you seem cool but just becuz someone who you love & trust tells you something doesn't make it true.

And first there was Judaism & Paganism and then Christianity. But literally every other Religion, including Islam has borrowed from Christianity.

But again, what more proof do you need to know that Jesus and Christianity is tha real deal. Thinking about it realistically, everything in the good book has proven to be true, everything.

? & His Wonders can be a scary and daunting thing. But there's a reason for that. What, idk I have my guesses. But whatever it is I'm sure there's a good reason. He's our Father so I don't doubt he has "our" best interests.

Its one thing to read the Bible and its another to understand it. And I ain't sayin I got it all correct but I can't see it being wrong when I have indisputable truth

And how can something younger than every religion be copied from. If you are the original then you cannot copy something. Christianity around 30 AD. Judiasm earliest 900 BC and as we know it today around 400 BC. I have been studying religion for years. Research Sumerian religions and culture and research Nile Valley religion and culture, research Nubia and Voodoo and ifa. They are far older than Judaism and even before a Jew/Hebrew ever existed.

Hebrew is an Afro Asiatic language and the writing evovled from North African writing which made its way from phoenician shippers to Canaan. Also, look at the cities that were conquered in Joshua. They did not exist around 1200 BC. The bible is historical fiction with some truths in the book series, nothing less like other religions.

But I will say the writing is better collective which is why its seems believable but nothing more and nothing less like Greek Mythology and others like. Not trying to be like "? your religion or what not" but trying to show you that your statement is not true in the least bit.

I think it's unfair telling people who copy from who never traveled to those people, but those people traveled to them.

#1- why do u keep saying Christianity is the "youngest" Religion and it borrowed from virtually every other Religion and trying to smooth pass it off as truth?

#2- There is only one correct Religion tho. The Bible already stated that there were other Religions & "Gods" before Jesus walked the Earth in the flesh. Or did u speed read thru it not for tha sake of trying to understand but rather for the sake of trying to misuse it by trying to "prove" it wrong just for your own Career options?

If you were to open your eyes (or stop trolling) and you really "question the source" then why has the world literally depended on Christian's since since?

If you can actually prove something in the Bible to be wrong then by all means try to. But side-stepping around that part even tho I've asked yall 50 times to do so already doesn't give your argument any weight. In fact, all you're doing is proving Christianity to be the ultimate truth by trying to ignore Me and preach your own "gospel"

At what point are yall gonna realize that ain't nobody tryna be no Muslim? That what it really all boils down to. You'll try to say its not tha reason somehow but that's what it truly is foreal.

Islam is a fast growing religion globally. And how the world depended on Christians?

Voodoo is 6,000 years old, Buddhism is 2500 years old, Zoroastrian religion is 3,000 years old, Ifa 4,000 years or older, Egyptian and Nubian spiritual system is over 5,000 years old, Sumerian religion is 5,000 years old, naturalism is vastly older than they all are, and etc. Judiasm established offically around 2500 years and Christianity is 2,000 and the only one younger is Islam which is 1500 years old. Research those religions and writings and you'll see the plagarism. Look at Psalms and look at the Egyptian book of the dead. The book of the dead is centuries older than Psalms. The oldest book of Pslams is only 2200 years old.[/quote]

You see that's why y'all don't understand scripture, Yah'
    Law always been with mankind this is not about who's first

Yah said he's chosen a new people to reintroduce his laws, read scriptures.

Genesis is about Adamic people who received Yah's Spirit.

Get that ? out of your mind about who's first.

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

Voodoo is 6,000 years old, Buddhism is 2500 years old, Zoroastrian religion is 3,000 years old, Ifa 4,000 years or older, Egyptian and Nubian spiritual system is over 5,000 years old, Sumerian religion is 5,000 years old, naturalism is vastly older than they all are, and etc. Judiasm established offically around 2500 years and Christianity is 2,000 and the only one younger is Islam which is 1500 years old. Research those religions and writings and you'll see the plagarism. Look at Psalms and look at the Egyptian book of the dead. The book of the dead is centuries older than Psalms. The oldest book of Pslams is only 2200 years old.

[/quote]

I'm just saying if you don't believe in none of those then why believe in something younger that is a copy of the older. I don't particular believe in really any of it, it's just interesting to study and learn. If that's how a deity thinks, I just really hope its himself talking to an lesser intelligent human. Because not to ? others and etc laws are pretty rational and easy to understand.

Also, I understand the bible quite easy.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

Yea ight ? . The world been dominated, controlled, and aided and influenced by Europe & The U.S. since forever ? chill

I see you're still side-stepping tho.

Side stepping what?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the ? do some of y'all be talking about??? Some of y'all... the ? ya write has weak cohesion and/or tons of feelings. That kills the debate and discussion.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    What the ? do some of y'all be talking about??? Some of y'all... the ? ya write has weak cohesion and/or tons of feelings. That kills the debate and discussion.

Me?
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Honestly. aside from Zombie and Waterpoof, who both seem to have the intellects of 10 year olds, does anyone really want to argue theology with me?

Where's Waterproof's *any other religious scholars* who would go toe to toe, reference for reference, with me? Or could they not be found because they'd all agree with me?

This is chess versus checkers players to me, folks with one rule book with others versus multiple stratagems from many rulebooks. Seriously, you even want to try?

No, but I want to learn. The more I learn the bigger the hole gets. Sumerian and voodoo are some I want to know more about.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly. aside from Zombie and Waterpoof, who both seem to have the intellects of 10 year olds, does anyone really want to argue theology with me?

Where's Waterproof's *any other religious scholars* who would go toe to toe, reference for reference, with me? Or could they not be found because they'd all agree with me?

This is chess versus checkers players to me, folks with one rule book with others versus multiple stratagems from many rulebooks. Seriously, you even want to try?

YOU DON'T KNOW ANY THEOLOGY i don't already know i have said it before and i will say it again i am not impressed by you
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    i think that would just result in you getting emotional about the concept of debate
    Nah. I know that's what you're aiming for tho.
    whoops, look like it's happening!
  • waterproof
    Options

I'm just saying if you don't believe in none of those then why believe in something younger that is a copy of the older. I don't particular believe in really any of it, it's just interesting to study and learn. If that's how a deity thinks, I just really hope its himself talking to an lesser intelligent human. Because not to ? others and etc laws are pretty rational and easy to understand.

Also, I understand the bible quite easy. [/quote]

If you overstood scripture then you would of known everything you asked, Man transgress Yah's Law to the point that Man was breaking every law and giving glory to Angles, man was committing abomination, Yah said he going to create a new nation of people to bring reintroduce his laws, he ordained Hebrews as his people and his priest
  • waterproof
    Options

? bring it lets rock
  • waterproof
    Options

No, but I want to learn. The more I learn the bigger the hole gets. Sumerian and voodoo are some I want to know more about.

To Overstand The Book of Moses and the spiritual aspects of Hebrew I suggest you go buy and read The Hebraic Tongue Restored
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of what the Bible says is real, in a poetic and hermetic way.

Therefore, the people (s) and events are real. You just have to adjust your interpretation to understand their reality.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? bring it lets rock

You can't be serious.....
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Therefore, the people (s) and events are real. You just have to adjust your interpretation to understand their reality.

In what context so you use the word.. "Hermetic"?
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meroe wrote: »

There is an ancient ancient teaching, known as the hermetic principles of the Kybalion. There are 7. The number 7 in itself is echoed in spiritualism of all religions.
    This is not to say that the Hermetic principles are the first with this information. They're just a good source.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meroe wrote: »

There is an ancient ancient teaching, known as the hermetic principles of the Kybalion. There are 7. The number 7 in itself is echoed in spiritualism of all religions.
    This is not to say that the Hermetic principles are the first with this information. They're just a good source.

Just looked it up, interesting ? , props for the info.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

GTFOH

That's like saying X Men are real minus the mutants and other fictional events. Either the ? happened or it didn't.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so in other words you're saying that theres an esoteric interpretation to the bible. sounds about right.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

GTFOH

That's like saying X Men are real minus the mutants and other fictional events. Either the ? happened or it didn't.

lmao, they ain't hearing you though

Reading the bible all in disbelief, than convincing themselves that not everything should be taken literal or simply forgetting about it and carry on.

just give it up guys, you know you read some things in the bible that you in your heart know arent true...

stop lying to yourselves.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

Also, I understand the bible quite easy.

If you overstood scripture then you would of known everything you asked, Man transgress Yah's Law to the point that Man was breaking every law and giving glory to Angles, man was committing abomination, Yah said he going to create a new nation of people to bring reintroduce his laws, he ordained Hebrews as his people and his priest[/quote]

I know that's what's in the Bible. But I don't believe it's was said by a deity but human writing
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2014
    Options

GTFOH

LOL exactly, although I dare to say X-Men is based on more true reality then the Bible is. I can see Wolverine in Times Square, but the Bible ? and Jesus have disappeared completely from Earth ever since their heyday 2000 plus years ago.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Alkinduz wrote: »

GTFOH

lmao, they ain't hearing you though

Reading the bible all in disbelief, than convincing themselves that not everything should be taken literal or simply forgetting about it and carry on.

just give it up guys, you know you read some things in the bible that you in your heart know arent true...

stop lying to yourselves.

It's funny how often Christians lie to themselves and alter reality every day to retain faith in the Bible. I remember being a Christian and having to repeat lies into my head every single day to convince myself Christianity was the way and the truth. It's amazing how so many grown people are able to do this

I know some people just need something to believe in but why alter reality in the process?? I'd rather be real about life and just admit some things we don't know the answers too. The answers Christians give usually are more disturbing then the questions people have for them.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Tell em why u mad @Alkinduz‌

Tell us why the Bible has so many historical inaccuracies. Also, please tell us why the Bible ? was so active back in the day but is so absentee these days. ESPECIALLY in places where Christians are being slaughtered and persecuted, and considering the Bible ? pretends to be a ? of vengeance and justice. Every day life for Christians is PROOF the Bible ? is full of ? because the Bible ? says life for many of his followers will be hard but he keeps speaking of bringing justice and vengeance and 2000 plus years later the lazy ? keeps sitting on his ass. The Bible ? is a liar and we're calling him out for it.