Did the book of Exodus really happen?

Options

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think the claim has ever been that Judaism initiated monotheism, just that it did so the most arrogantly.
    Deuteronomy 4:35
    To you it was shown, that you might know that the Lord is ? ; there is no other besides him.

Isaiah 44:6
    Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no ? .

Isaiah 43:10
    “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no ? was formed, nor shall there be any after me.

Isaiah 45:5
    I am the Lord, and there is no other, besides me there is no ? ; I equip you, though you do not know me,

Isaiah 41:4
    Who has performed and done this, calling the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Then again, looking at Exodus specifically, you may be onto something
    Exodus 20:3
    “You shall have no other gods before me.

Exodus 18:11
    Now I know that the Lord is greater than all gods, because in this affair they dealt arrogantly with the people.

Exodus 7:1 - And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a ? to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.
    Very particular wording which leaves room for the possibility of other deities.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I don't think the claim has ever been that Judaism initiated monotheism, just that it did so the most arrogantly.
    Deuteronomy 4:35
    To you it was shown, that you might know that the Lord is ? ; there is no other besides him.

Isaiah 44:6
    Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no ? .

Isaiah 43:10
    “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no ? was formed, nor shall there be any after me.

Isaiah 45:5
    I am the Lord, and there is no other, besides me there is no ? ; I equip you, though you do not know me,

Isaiah 41:4
    Who has performed and done this, calling the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Then again, looking at Exodus specifically, you may be onto something
    Exodus 20:3
    “You shall have no other gods before me.

Exodus 18:11
    Now I know that the Lord is greater than all gods, because in this affair they dealt arrogantly with the people.

Exodus 7:1 - And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a ? to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.
    Very particular wording which leaves room for the possibility of other deities.

Read the original hebrew text especially genesis. Yahweh actually travels with other Elohiym. The fact is there are no such things as Angels and are in fact are part of the same beings as Yahweh.

https://sites.google.com/site/yahwehelohiym/the-messengers/abraham-meets-three-men
  • soul rattler
    Options
    That link specifies the other Elohiem as messengers, not beings on equal footing as Yahweh.

There's wiggle room, but they never come out and say there were other supreme creatures besides Yahweh.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    The story of the bible is really the story of gods creation of a people, an ethnic group that he would use to bring knowledge of who he is to the whole world . ? basically made these people nomads so of course you are going to have bits and pieces of all kinds of belief from all over the area.

now if you believe in this ? then that creates no problem for you but if you don't well then you are going to see a problem with how the religion was created

Religion is Chinese whispers passed off as doctrines of faith.

according to you and from your perspective
  • zombie
    Options
    The story of the bible is really the story of gods creation of a people, an ethnic group that he would use to bring knowledge of who he is to the whole world . ? basically made these people nomads so of course you are going to have bits and pieces of all kinds of belief from all over the area.

now if you believe in this ? then that creates no problem for you but if you don't well then you are going to see a problem with how the religion was created

Here you go apologizing again. Christianity presumes monotheism to be the legitimate state of godhood. That alone is in direct contradiction to earlier Afrikan, Asian, and European folklore which Christianity "borrows" heavily from.

there is one ? and he revealed himself from amongst the other false gods which were nothing more than the imaginations of man or the lies of demons.
  • zombie
    edited August 2014
    Options
    also A ? is anything that is worshiped it does not have to be a believed deity
  • soul rattler
    Options

You're wrong.
  • zombie
    Options

You're wrong.

no i am not

1god noun \ˈgäd also ˈgȯd\

? : the perfect and all-powerful spirit or being that is worshipped especially by Christians, Jews, and Muslims as the one who created and rules the universe

: a spirit or being that has great power, strength, knowledge, etc., and that can affect nature and the lives of people : one of various spirits or beings worshipped in some religions

: a person and especially a man who is greatly loved or admired

Full Definition of ?

capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: as
    a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
    b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
    : a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
    : a person or thing of supreme value
    : a powerful rule
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    The bible was meant to be taken literally, whether you agree it's ? or not.
    ...yeah, i am going to go ahead and say that this statement is not accurate.

• Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the story is most likely a disjointed tale of events that really happened to people living in egypt that descended from immigrants to that land.

this

story of exodus is most likely based on the Amazigh people(literally meaning free people), one of the biggest Berber group of Africa, they were liberated and left Egypt 3000 years ago.

similarities: the first Berber Faraoh(forgot his name, sounded like Sheshonk or something) 3000 years ago, liberated his people(who were slaves in Egypt)...and the 2nd thing he did was re capturing the lands(today known as Israel and Palestine).

Like Moses, he grew up amongst the Faraohs and learned from them, he was the first berber king of egypt..

so yeah, 3000 years ago there was a "exodus" of berber people who spread to Israel,Libya,Algeria,Morocco etc, everywhere but Egypt.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting side note is that the Amazigh have their own alphabet and calendar, started the year Sheshonk liberated them....they now live in the year 2964....

on 17 januari 2015, its amazigh new year again, 2965...parties in Morocco
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    After studying a bit the Hebrew people were literal and concrete people so yes the Bible is to be taken as literal . they didn't use abstract words.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

**Family Feud Buzzer sound**

WRONG. The Bible has very clear rules and regulations. Read it again.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

**Family Feud Buzzer sound**

WRONG. The Bible has very clear rules and regulations. Read it again.

People were killed for not doing certain regulations.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • zombie
    Options

So David Koresh and Charles Manson are Gods that were killed? ? was a ? ?

Ah... lambs to slaughter... get off this ? .

Yes there were gods to the people that worshiped them
  • zombie
    Options

Religion is Chinese whispers passed off as doctrines of faith.

according to you and from your perspective

Oh, if you knew what I knew and read what I have read in the last 12 years, you'd realise I'm not one of one. I am not even the first. Theological Studies have been ongoing and deeply investigated before I was even born.

http://www.faithfuleye.com/simp/files/pdf/Karen.Armstrong.-.A.History.Of.? .(Religion.-.Theology.-.Judaism.-.Chritianity.-.Islam).pdf

http://pdf217.kubooks.mobi/a-history-of-the-world-s-religions-13th-edition--pdf_6530319.html

Start there, catch up and we can reconvene to debate this.

I know that you are not the only person with your viewpoint i just think based on the information that your perspective is faulty
  • zombie
    Options
    BY the way @pissedoffnodosy nothing you have mentioned in this thread or the other one is anything i have not heard before
  • zombie
    edited August 2014
    Options
    BY the way @pissedoffnodosy nothing you have mentioned in this thread or the other one is anything i have not heard before

Your selective deafness and ignorance are your problems, not mine to suffer. You want to believe the sky is greeen because you are colour blind regardless of the perception of the consensus, that's on your individual perception and mental handicap. It's not my duty to cater to the handicapped or disabled anymore than it is for me to give credence to the voices in your head if you're schizophrenic.

Get out of your feelings little girl i did not say anything you should have been hurt by i was actually trying to be respectful to you. what selective deafness?? i hear what you say but the information i have studied myself has lead me to another conclusion
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Torah is a historical book on the history of Hebrews and their ancestors. Each book is written by a prophet and written by a specific Hebrew during that time

It's also teaches Hebrews the art of war, laws, dietary and how to live righteousness.

The truth Is the Torah is only meant for Hebrews it's not meant for everybody, it wasn't meant for gentiles that's why it's hard for some to understand it, that's why you have to go through a Hebrew to understand it and learn like scriptures says.

Yes it's an actual fact, there's Egyptian inscriptions on walls that mention Israel and they have a paper that written that told of a event that described the plagues that Yah sent on egypt
  • waterproof
    Options

You're wrong.

no i am not

? : the perfect and all-powerful spirit or being that is worshipped especially by Christians, Jews, and Muslims as the one who created and rules the universe

: a spirit or being that has great power, strength, knowledge, etc., and that can affect nature and the lives of people : one of various spirits or beings worshipped in some religions

Full Definition of ?

a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
    b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
    : a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality

We didn't use the word ? , we used Elohim and there's different meaning of the word Elohim it was spelled 3 different ways, why? Go find out
  • waterproof
    Options
    Exodus the story is fiction but the Hebrews did live there but not as slaves but conquerors.

The Hyskos are not Hebrew, the hysko is Hebrews cousin for they also from Shem, when Hysko conquered Egypt, that let Israel lived in peace outside of Egypt. When Egypt took back their land, they was highly suspicious of Israel
  • waterproof
    Options
    After reading some of the translation, i have more questions. So I take it there were humans prior to Adama but he was different and eden was definitely in africa.

Basically Adam was favoured by ? and Eden was meant to be a paradise for him while savages roamed the wilderness. Adam was the first man in the sense he was meant to be the first enlightened being that didn't live in a cave and need to club ? to death or ? to reproduce. That's why Adam and Eve being cast out of Eden was meant to be a punishment, the corrupt nature of the rest of the natural world led to Cain being the first murderer.

Judaism borrowed from Zoroastrianism, the New Testament borrowed from but corrupted and adapted tales of other developed Middle Eastern and African faiths. If you want some reading material, you might find this interesting.

http://www.debate.org/debates/The-Gospel-of-Jesus-is-a-patchwork-of-plagiarized-material-from-non-Judeo-Christian-sources/1/

No, Adam was the first man with Yah's Spirit
  • zombie
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

You're wrong.

no i am not

Full Definition of ?

We didn't use the word ? , we used Elohim and there's different meaning of the word Elohim it was spelled 3 different ways, why? Go find out

I KNOW BUT HE DID NOT KNOW THAT.
  • waterproof
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

You're wrong.

no i am not

Full Definition of ?

I KNOW BUT HE DID NOT KNOW THAT.

My bad that was meant for the heathen who ancestors was created with out the spirit of Yah
    That's why his soul is rattled