WHEN THE SAINTS COME MARCHING IN!!! Official 2014 N.O. Saints thread

Options

Comments

• south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cool I ain't mad I'm just saying I don't think Winston is what we need, I see potential in Petty. I don't think Payton looking to draft a QB anyway we are looking at TCU LB, Paul Dawson and LSU CB, Jalen Collins its about improving the defense and probably looking to fix the o-line to protect Brees.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A draft ain't gon improve our defense.

And if you expect a bunch of rookies to make us cold on defense you're mistaken.

Even if we draft all these players bout time they come around to be beast Brees gon be older and less great.

When you start over you always start with the QB

DLine average
    LBs below average
    DBs below average

Oline below average
    RBs average
    WRs below average
    TEs below average

One draft ain't gon fix all that in one year. And you gotta hit on all those rookies. What's the odds of that? Not good.
  • south4life
    Options
    I didn't say I expect rookies to work out the defense problems, I'm going by what Payton said himself
  • south4life
    Options
    ? I forgot Sammie Coates is in the draft too, ? we can use him in Nola
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    ? I forgot Sammie Coates is in the draft too, ? we can use him in Nola

He can't catch or run good routes

Pass
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    My sources (my gut) tell me we ain't going after Winston.

? it

It's still Winston 2015
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Big cat drill.

I wasn't imore this year.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Future first round pick.

I seen him play in HS and knew he was a monster.

http://youtu.be/H2BNYbkrOKY
  • Shizlansky
    Options
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And so it begins, Saints Sean Payton, Rob Ryan, attending Florida State Pro Day, report says

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/03/saints_sean_payton_rob_ryan_at.html
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    To be fair. Every team is there.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Shizlansky! Just not sure if Winston would be my choice though. In my opinion, Drew has not preformed like an $100 MM quarterback. Anytime you can't play outside of the dome, you have a damn problem. Hell last season he couldn't play inside OR outside the damn dome.

kinda hard to play anywhere above decent when you constantly staring at a blitzer

dont get me wrong, he has regressed a bit physically, but his OL didnt give him much help either.

and the Defense was gassed too much to protect any of the few leads they had this year
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Make it happen Loomis.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    We don't even have enough money to sign our draft picks.

Trade the picks for

Winston 2015
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I'm hearing this MM ? again.

But our coach was at FSU pro day.

Only two head coaches was there.

And ours was one of them.

We are taking a serious look at Winston. I know that much.
  • AP21
    Options
    no they not ? lol
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    no they not ? lol

Don't ? my vibe @AP21
  • AP21
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    White Saints fans going all racist because they hearing Coach might trade up. Calling him all type of ? and ? . Talking bout we should get Tebow to learn from Brees.

? them white ppl. They wasn't real fans back when we was ? . They was most likely Dallas fans.

Black city
    Black uniforms
    Black QB

I can dig it.

Winston 2015
  • scorpio4lfe
    scorpio4lfe Members Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Shizlansky! Just not sure if Winston would be my choice though. In my opinion, Drew has not preformed like an $100 MM quarterback. Anytime you can't play outside of the dome, you have a damn problem. Hell last season he couldn't play inside OR outside the damn dome.

kinda hard to play anywhere above decent when you constantly staring at a blitzer

dont get me wrong, he has regressed a bit physically, but his OL didnt give him much help either.

and the Defense was gassed too much to protect any of the few leads they had this year

Excuses are like ? . ..everybody has one!

He is not constantly being blitzed. He makes horrible decisions when he has no one open to throw to. Is that indicative of a $100mil quarterback?

Our defense sucks, yes, but that doesn't excuse the offense from putting points on the board.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He is not constantly being blitzed. He makes horrible decisions when he has no one open to throw to. Is that indicative of a $100mil quarterback?

Our defense sucks, yes, but that doesn't excuse the offense from putting points on the board.

The bolded is what ? me off the most. Forcing the ball to Jimmy last year, our receivers not getting separation to get open, play calling was too predictable, interceptions at terrible times. I rather him throw it away and punt then throw a pick to give the other team good field position and momentum.
  • scorpio4lfe
    scorpio4lfe Members Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »

The bolded is what ? me off the most. Forcing the ball to Jimmy last year, our receivers not getting separation to get open, play calling was too predictable, interceptions at terrible times. I rather him throw it away and punt then throw a pick to give the other team good field position and momentum.

THANK YOU SIR!!!!! I thought I was the only one noticing this ? !
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »

THANK YOU SIR!!!!! I thought I was the only one noticing this ? !

Majority of the games we lost in the beginning of the last year is what cost us games we had leads in the 4th quarter. It was a collection of turnovers, not milking the clock, and our defense giving up too many 3rd and longs.
    It was damn near accepted that Brees was gonna throw a pick in each game. It wasn't if he was but when he was.
    When he doesn't turn the ball over, we win. Last year out of 16 games he threw picks in 11 games. 5 games he went without an interception we won 4 of those games. Only loss we had without him throwing a pick was when we played the Bengals in the dome and we seemed hella off that day.
  • AP21
    Options

before i reply back

you sure you wanna go down this rabbit hole? lol