WHEN THE SAINTS COME MARCHING IN!!! Official 2014 N.O. Saints thread

Options

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    I agree with Shizlansky! Just not sure if Winston would be my choice though. In my opinion, Drew has not preformed like an $100 MM quarterback. Anytime you can't play outside of the dome, you have a damn problem. Hell last season he couldn't play inside OR outside the damn dome.

kinda hard to play anywhere above decent when you constantly staring at a blitzer

dont get me wrong, he has regressed a bit physically, but his OL didnt give him much help either.

and the Defense was gassed too much to protect any of the few leads they had this year

Excuses are like ? . ..everybody has one!

He is not constantly being blitzed. He makes horrible decisions when he has no one open to throw to. Is that indicative of a $100mil quarterback?

Our defense sucks, yes, but that doesn't excuse the offense from putting points on the board.

before i reply back

you sure you wanna go down this rabbit hole? lol

@scorpio4life, come get this work ma
  • scorpio4lfe
    scorpio4lfe Members Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Shizlansky! Just not sure if Winston would be my choice though. In my opinion, Drew has not preformed like an $100 MM quarterback. Anytime you can't play outside of the dome, you have a damn problem. Hell last season he couldn't play inside OR outside the damn dome.

kinda hard to play anywhere above decent when you constantly staring at a blitzer

dont get me wrong, he has regressed a bit physically, but his OL didnt give him much help either.

and the Defense was gassed too much to protect any of the few leads they had this year

He is not constantly being blitzed. He makes horrible decisions when he has no one open to throw to. Is that indicative of a $100mil quarterback?

Our defense sucks, yes, but that doesn't excuse the offense from putting points on the board.

before i reply back

Let's do it AP21.....I ain't scared, boo
  • scorpio4lfe
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    jee504 wrote: »

The bolded is what ? me off the most. Forcing the ball to Jimmy last year, our receivers not getting separation to get open, play calling was too predictable, interceptions at terrible times. I rather him throw it away and punt then throw a pick to give the other team good field position and momentum.

THANK YOU SIR!!!!! I thought I was the only one noticing this ? !

Majority of the games we lost in the beginning of the last year is what cost us games we had leads in the 4th quarter. It was a collection of turnovers, not milking the clock, and our defense giving up too many 3rd and longs.
    It was damn near accepted that Brees was gonna throw a pick in each game. It wasn't if he was but when he was.
    When he doesn't turn the ball over, we win. Last year out of 16 games he threw picks in 11 games. 5 games he went without an interception we won 4 of those games. Only loss we had without him throwing a pick was when we played the Bengals in the dome and we seemed hella off that day.

Dude there were also some very questionable play calls and decision making by Payton. How da ? do you not take a penalty on 3rd and 6?? why da ? do u not run the ball on 3rd and 1??? Especially when your quarterback apparently has cataracts or glaucoma and is definitely going to throw an interception. ? is despicable!
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • scorpio4lfe
    Options
    rofl

Why are u laughing?? Get out of here!
  • AP21
    Options

before i reply back

Let's do it AP21.....I ain't scared, boo

gon have to put this on hold til tomorrow

just make sure you dont flake out

@scorpio4life
  • scorpio4lfe
    Options
    Flaking at in my DNA boo
  • scorpio4lfe
    Options
  • scorpio4lfe
    Options
    Still waiting...............................
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doesn't really matter anymore since what ya'll talking bout was last season and it's in the past. More concerned with what's gonna happen in this draft when it eventually gets here. Too bad all this ? speculative pre-draft hype killed my excitement.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doesn't really matter anymore since what ya'll talking bout was last season and it's in the past. More concerned with what's gonna happen in this draft when it eventually gets here. Too bad all this ? speculative pre-draft hype killed my excitement.

I can bring back the excitement

Winston 2015
  • scorpio4lfe
    Options

It's the past but last I checked our quarterback is still Drew Brees
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options

Who you prefer then, Jay Cutler, Johnny Manziel, Robert Griffin III? Cause ? can get a WHOLE lot worse than Brees throwing too many INTS to any of our liking. I agree his cap number needs to come down but what I don't agree with is this notion that we do better without him when their ain't no better option out there that's legitimately capable of being had.
  • scorpio4lfe
    Options

Who you prefer then, Jay Cutler, Johnny Manziel, Robert Griffin III? Cause ? can get a WHOLE lot worse than Brees throwing too many INTS to any of our liking. I agree his cap number needs to come down but what I don't agree with is this notion that we do better without him when their ain't no better option out there that's legitimately capable of being had.

You don't think Russell, Kap or Cam would be better additions? They are young and could be trained on the Payton offense.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options

You don't think Russell, Kap or Cam would be better additions? They are young and could be trained on the Payton offense.

I can't take you serious anymore ? ...
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No
  • Shizlansky
    Options
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Cam > Wilson

A dude who is terribly inaccurate, has no touch on his throws, who constantly makes late decisions is not better than Russell Wilson.
  • scorpio4lfe
    Options

I can't take you serious anymore ? ...

Whatever....they are young and good but may be on the wrong team. I think we could mold them.
  • kingMansaMusa
    kingMansaMusa Members Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • kingMansaMusa
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Kenny Vaccaro hadn't played in so long I forgot about him until preseason.

• kingMansaMusa
    Options
  • AP21
    Options
    aight @scorpio4life,

i dont have the stats in front of me, so im just gonna go off the eyeball test.

lets go back to the SB year. What did Brees have an abundance of? Time to throw the ball. I do agree with you that he forced the ball to Jimmy a lot last year, but i dont think Jimmy was ever the same after the initial injury he suffered earlier in the season. But Brees should still exercise better decision making and know when to tuck and run, take the sack, or throw the ball out of bounds

this year's OL play was just horrid. Now, some of that goes on the WRs for not running routes properly but still...he just didnt have time.

Also, in the SB year, he didnt rely on one single receiver to get yardage. He would have multiple games where 8+ dudes caught a pass. But, he still had time more than anything.

what i want to see them get back to is calling the first 15 plays of the game without a huddle like they did in years past
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Our defense and Oline can't help us this year.

This will be another wasted year.

Break it down and start over.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rofl

Why are u laughing?? Get out of here!

Hey I'm just enjoying the show.Plus I know some Saints fans who I be clowning.