What's The Point Of Marriage? (I Think MOST Of Us Get Married TOO Young)

Options

Comments

• Blacjason
    Blacjason Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Options
    Dual income. That's the point.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Marriage is a social construct. You can still have kids and a family with out the contract.....marriage is a fairy tale for women. I ain't knocking no one that wants to get married, but people need to stop acting like its a natural thing to do in life at a certain age. Marriage is a created idea that help stimulate the economy back in the day. We all have different opinions on love and ? , but marriage has many different perspectives....its a tradition that has just caught on and stuck around, women push it more because they want the BIG WEDDING DAY, and simps comply. Do want YOU want to do in life and stop caring what people say or think. If you want to be a bachelor all your life then be a bachelor...if you want to be married and take the risk of losing everything.....then do it. Marriage is a option not a requirement

Exactly.
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    marriage is a fairy tale for women.

I believe this too, and it makes sense, but for once, I'd like to hear a woman's point of view and admit it (that is to say, if it is in fact generally true).
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What are "the right places"? I ain't in high school or college so where r they?
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    I hate ? who get one or two gurls and act like they know everything about anything. But I guess ? will do that to a ? . Have him feeling like something that he ain't

I aint hatin tho. But I gotta keep it 100. I know how tha ? works
  • MoneyLuver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Me and my co-workers was sittin around kickin tha bobo on Friday talkin about broads

The white dude was on some ? that I haven't heard since I was a tadpole. "If women didn't have that extra hole between their legs and all of us we asexual then we wouldn't need em or talk to em".

Basically he was saying that if there wasn't sexual tension between us two speices then we'd probably never communicate with each other. Dude was like "would u rather hang out with your boys at the bar or go shopping with your "girl"?" And it threw me off becuz I immediately knew wat he was gettin at lol. So I said "I'm not participating in this anymore" and all of us laughed n kept it goin

So there was more to it but that was tha gist.

So when dudes say ? like:
    It's not actually that hard to find a woman with worth who doesn't want support and has pride if you look in the right places. You just have to be worth their time and attention so they don't expect ? , social contract or legal binding one, either way.

There are a lot of women worth a metric ? tonne who just want a down to Earth, down to ride dude. Just have to shop around in the right places. I tend to have muses and girlfriends for different reasons, women that inspire you and women you desire. Just tends to be important to keep that divide.

I immediately call bluff. I got to becuz I already know wat it is and I know the feeling.

All this talk about Contracts n ? got me thinking yall livin yall lives in Fantasy Land thru Celebrities just like these other duckhead ? . Most of yall aint got $1,000,000 to blow, let alone $100, so yall can miss me with that. Ain't nobody on here got that Beiber Money

And even if u made 100k a year you could afford yourself a good Attorney to work something decent out. And if yall had any type of real feelings for each other (as in She wasn't playing you) then the likely-hood of a savage ass divorce isn't that great

? just be sayin anything. Anything that sounds good
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    Don't get me wrong tho. I understand tha Struggle as well as the Celebration
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    Oh. And before I forget. You're welcome for your next thread idea.

And no um not talkin about you YG
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol my ? went off on a tangent right now
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    Options
    FOR MEN - makes no sense Of Marriage :))
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Delegalize marriage
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You gotta laugh at the clowns shouting no to marriage. But I bet stack they trying to shack up, or lock some piece of ? down like it's theirs. I bet they talking about I got a main ? but let some other dude holla at their main chick and these simps will come running like they are married husbands.
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    You gotta laugh at the clowns shouting no to marriage. But I bet stack they trying to shack up, or lock some piece of ? down like it's theirs. I bet they talking about I got a main ? but let some other dude holla at their main chick and these simps will come running like they are married husbands.

Exactly. These ? wanna be Too $hort soooooo bad. But who doesn't right :D
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quoted for emphasis!!!
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    U gotta understand. Some of these dudes iz just sexually frustrated. So they're trying to convince theirself about whatever just so they won't fall victim to their emotions
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    Delegalize marriage

Honestly doe. I actually cosign this concept for the most part
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ... MAN PLEASE... MARRIAGE IS WONDERFUL....IT HAS ITS UPS AND DOWNS, BUT OVERALL, ITS A WONDERFUL THING

MARRIAGE AINT FOR EVERYBODY, BUT DONT KNOCK IT...

FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND HOW SOMEONE COULD DO ALLLL OF THE MARRIAGE STUFF (PAY BILLS, GET A HOUSE, HAVE KIDS, FUSS, FIGHT, CREATE A FUTURE) WITH SOMEONE THAT AINT "OFFICIALLY" YOURS...

I MEAN IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO ALL OF THAT STUFF WITH SOMEONE, WHY NOT MARRY THEM?
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    And for the Record. I don't mean the standard American Christian Wedding\marriage. Marriage to me is, a ceremony of some kind with witnesses where two people agree to bond for a common goal.
  • THOT PILGRIM
    THOT PILGRIM Members Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marrying for love is dumb

Marrying for kids is dumb

Marrying to protect your inheritance you intend to pass on and your kid's future wealth, however, is smart.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

Marrying to protect your inheritance you intend to pass on and your kid's future wealth, however, is smart.

I agree 100%!!!

• MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

... SOOOOO.. OFF THE MERE FACT THAT YOU LOVE SOMEONE AND WANT TO BE WITH THEM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IS A DUMB REASON TO GET MARRIED!?!?!?!!?
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    ATL_DRO wrote: »

... SOOOOO.. OFF THE MERE FACT THAT YOU LOVE SOMEONE AND WANT TO BE WITH THEM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IS A DUMB REASON TO GET MARRIED!?!?!?!!?

She's trolling lol
  • THOT PILGRIM
    Options

Yes.

You can love someone and be with them for the rest of your life without legal obligation.

However, if you intend to build wealth and pass it on, marriage is your best bet.
  • Kwan Dai
    edited August 2014
    Options

I believe it is. Feelings change and the fact is that person may not Love you back at some point in the marriage. Doing anything off of sheer emotion be it Love, Hate, Anger or happiness is quite dumb.

• THOT PILGRIM
    Options

I believe it is. Feelings change and the fact is that person may not Love you back at some point in the marriage. Doing anything off of shear emotion be it Love, Hate, Anger or happiness is quite dumb.

You shouldn't let your emotions drive you to make a life altering decision.

That is quite dumb.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But i luv her.