What's The Point Of Marriage? (I Think MOST Of Us Get Married TOO Young)

Options

Comments

• Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I know is if you meet someone that eventually turns into a person you want to spend forever with, make that commitment.

I can't tell you about why or why not marriage has a point. I honestly don't give a ? . Marriage has been complicated over time and lost its original purpose soooo do whatever your energy propels you to do. Just be honest and sincere about it.

The best advice I got is see a person for who they really are and love them for that. Everything else is illusory and bound for disappointment.
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    How can there be a point of marriage when it is a made up tradition? If you want to get to know some one deep you can do it with out the contract...the contract only invites the negative.

You call yourselfs men because you got married or have a kid? But you are really cowards who didn't have the patience and insights to conquer your own flaws, so you went seeking outside yourself to find help. I ain't saying nothing wrong with having kids or a family, but my point is you don't need the hassle of a contract to get to know some one.

And Men and Women need to start conquering themselves instead of finding things outside of you that will. No one can make you happy but yourself, man up cowards

You sound like you're afraid to grow up. I know myself like I know nobody else. So that's dead. And you learn something new everyday so you'll always continue to grow so that's dead as well.

And everything can't be "made up". Things were put in place for a reason. ? made things like this for a reason AND MANKIND did things for a reason also. Nobody forced our speices to do anything (in general). So that's a childish and weightless argument you're putting forward. Nobody was thinking about Kanye West & Kim Kardashian in the year 12B.C. holms

I don't have children or a wife and I'm a Man regardless. And I'll be one With or Without. And I'm sure all Males on both sides of the spectrum feel the same way so that's dead

Again, if u don't have that Obama money then quit it with the Contractual bs. You don't live that life and you're outta your league on that 1. You're living in a Fantasy Land plus there's no reason to be afraid of something that hasn't happened.

If youre makin $50,000 a year you're not giving up half in most cases. Even if you have children with that person. Sure it'll cost you a little bit but not Half. Maybe in Cali but even that's preventable. Especially if yall had any real feelings for each other in the first place AND have that Understanding. Which is something that you should've known before you popped that question.

I don't hardly believe in rushing things like marriage but holding out becuz you see Donald Sterling getting half of his Billion taken isn't a good reason not to. That's silly and ain't none of u ? Billionaires so stop it
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    The best advice I got is see a person for who they really are and love them for that.

Everything else is illusory and bound for disappointment.

I can Stamp this.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Yall ? ain't ballin like that to be talkin about inheritance. $1,000,000 is NOT a lot of money in The U.S. so that argument is dead. That ? will be gone in 10-11 years (IF it even lasts that long)

A million dollars would last a long time if people budgeted it

Spending 50,000 a year it would last 20 years

That's significantly higher than the average yearly income. if one limited their spending to 30k a year it would last 33 years

50G's ain't ? dogg. Ain't nobody tryna live in no Condo or 1-Story house for the rest if their life. Sure you could supplement it with a real job but you'd need to make 150k to truly live that real middle class Experience. And if you're just settling for the middle class lifestyle then that says a lot about you and how much experience you have with money.

Having real money is 6 mill or better and you'd have to have atleast 6-figures coming in yearly for tha rest of your life.

Sure one could live on 25K a year but that's living like Anything.

I'm really about that life. I don't just talk to sound good

I said $650 a month for rent is poverty status and you nosigned
    It's doubtful that you're about that life

Middle class starts much lower than 150k

All that other stuff is irrelevant, doesn't change the fact that people can live for a long time on one million dollars if they budget

The Median income in the US is only about 50 K
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    I never Nosigned that statement so stop False Flaggin. In Vegas its $800 a month for a decent Apartment so quit it.

Just be real with yourself. Your supposed argument is hollow and you're full of ? becuz you don't have a clue wat you're talking about.

Some of yall got so burnt or seen somebody that was a good person get hurt and you're scared that it could happen to you and you don't wanna go thru that. And that's completely understandable. But it doesn't add up in the end.

The median household might be earning 50K but that doesn't mean its the real life definition of "Middle Class".

Real life Middle Class is 150K a year. Youre just thinking short term. True, a lot of it is in your head and how u handle that bread but Middle Class is still Middle Class.

Pain isn't something u wanna go thru, but its something u learn to cope with and everybody has their own way of doing that
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You sound like you're afraid to grow up. I know myself like I know nobody else. So that's dead. And you learn something new everyday so you'll always continue to grow so that's dead as well.

And everything can't be "made up". Things were put in place for a reason. ? made things like this for a reason AND MANKIND did things for a reason also. Nobody forced our speices to do anything (in general). So that's a childish and weightless argument you're putting forward. Nobody was thinking about Kanye West & Kim Kardashian in the year 12B.C. holms

I don't have children or a wife and I'm a Man regardless. And I'll be one With or Without. And I'm sure all Males on both sides of the spectrum feel the same way so that's dead

Again, if u don't have that Obama money then quit it with the Contractual bs. You don't live that life and you're outta your league on that 1. You're living in a Fantasy Land plus there's no reason to be afraid of something that hasn't happened.

If youre makin $50,000 a year you're not giving up half in most cases. Even if you have children with that person. Sure it'll cost you a little bit but not Half. Maybe in Cali but even that's preventable. Especially if yall had any real feelings for each other in the first place AND have that Understanding. Which is something that you should've known before you popped that question.

I don't hardly believe in rushing things like marriage but holding out becuz you see Donald Sterling getting half of his Billion taken isn't a good reason not to. That's silly and ain't none of u ? Billionaires so stop it

Nah man I ain't afraid to grow up marriage is not a requirement to grow up, you got your mind twisted up. If you think marriage is the end all be all of life, then you my friend have a lot to learn and maybe you need to grow up. Marriage is not for everyone, you are thinking from a groupthink perspective, and a religious perspective, so the flaws present themselves already. Some people want to find the cure for cancer, or help the poor or build animal shelters, not everyone dream and goal is to get married and fit in with the brainwashed drones in society who work average jobs to pay the bills. Your purpose in life is to find yourself, conquer your fears lives your dreams. not sign a contract or pre nup. GROW UP
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never Nosigned that statement so stop False Flaggin. In Vegas its $800 a month for a decent Apartment so quit it.

Just be real with yourself. Your supposed argument is hollow and you're full of ? becuz you don't have a clue wat you're talking about

The median household might be earning 50K but that doesn't mean its the real life definition of "Middle Class".

Real life Middle Class is 150K a year. Youre just thinking short term. True, a lot of it is in your head and how u handle that bread but Middle Class is still Middle Class.

My argument was that you are wrong in saying 1 million dollars will be gone in 10-11 years and i showed how with simple math
    You failed to refute this

Instead you made up a definition of middle class
    it was not based on a median or any stats

You can kick facts instead of feelings any time now

• MoneyLuver
    Options

Nah man I ain't afraid to grow up marriage is not a requirement to grow up, you got your mind twisted up. If you think marriage is the end all be all of life, then you my friend have a lot to learn and maybe you need to grow up. Marriage is not for everyone, you are thinking from a groupthink perspective, and a religious perspective, so the flaws present themselves already. Some people want to find the cure for cancer, or help the poor or build animal shelters, not everyone dream and goal is to get married and fit in with the brainwashed drones in society who work average jobs to pay the bills. Your purpose in life is to find yourself, conquer your fears lives your dreams. not sign a contract or pre nup. GROW UP

I've already found my purpose. I'm sorry its taking you so long. Maybe u need to go on a date by yourself in the middle of the woods somewhere in a Cabin and do some Soul Searching. Becuz that sounds like a cowards way out tha way you're looking at it.

If you're 35 talking about "I need to find myself and my purpose in life" then you're probably not All There upstairs.

And that's no shade, just calling a ? a ?
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »

Just be real with yourself. Your supposed argument is hollow and you're full of ? becuz you don't have a clue wat you're talking about

My argument was that you are wrong in saying 1 million dollars will be gone in 10-11 years and i showed how with simple math
    You failed to refute this

Instead you made up a definition of middle class
    it was not based on a median or any stats

You can kick facts instead of feelings any time now

https://www.google.com/search?redir_esc=&client=ms-android-cricket&hl=en-US&safe=images&oe=utf-8&q=150k a year middle class&source=android-browser-type&qsubts=1408504838810

"150k middle class" search on Google.

Plus the News Networks covered this finding a couple weeks ago. It wasn't something I made up.

You're just thinking about Today, not Tomorrow. Retirement, Life Insurance, and Inheritance is a real thing. The sooner u ? get hip the better. Its not my fault you don't know
  • MoneyLuver
    Options

Realest ? in this entire thread......

? dreams is to be married wit children...some of these ? sound like the perfect men (slave) for these women out here...

So wat. Am I supposed to feel ashamed of that or think I'm less of a Man than the Single 45 year old Playboy that's ? fat monkey mouth ? at tha bar every other weekend?

There's Men and then there's Grown Men. Which one do u want to be
  • MoneyLuver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Alot of the time I control my ? and my ? doesn't control me.

It takes a Grown Man to do that.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Man look...for as much ? as corey holcomb talk about these hoes...if HE can get married you scary ? can hush.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've already found my purpose. I'm sorry its taking you so long. Maybe u need to go on a date by yourself in the middle of the woods somewhere in a Cabin and do some Soul Searching. Becuz that sounds like a cowards way out tha way you're looking at it.

If you're 35 talking about "I need to find myself and my purpose in life" then you're probably not All There upstairs.

And that's no shade, just calling a ? a ?

My G really said life is about finding yourself and conquering your fears. . WHAT THE ? ?

So, we are to take the hollow opinion of someone who hasn't found themselves, doesn't know themselves and is walking through life scared to death?

That's pure comedy.

Why men have this concept that marriage means your life ends is beyond me. To much T.V. I guess. Nothing prevents a man from marrying and still pursuing whatever it is he desires so long as it's positive and beneficial for all involved. If, you aren't marrying someone who is supportive of your work, hobbies and life endeavors then that's not a person to be around. Whether married or not.

• MoneyLuver
    Options
    Lol u hear me doe
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Moneyluver you are just needy and insecure brah....go get married it apparently will complete your life
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    My G really said life is about finding yourself and conquering your fears. . WHAT THE ? ?

So, we are to take the hollow opinion of someone who hasn't found themselves, doesn't know themselves and is walking through life scared to death?

That's pure comedy.

Why men have this concept that marriage means your life ends is beyond me. To much T.V. I guess. Nothing prevents a man from marrying and still pursuing whatever it is he desires so long as it's positive and beneficial for all involved. If, you aren't marrying someone who is supportive of your work, hobbies and life endeavors then that's not a person to be around. Whether married or not.

You are missing the whole point of what I am saying, if you want to get married then go ahead if you don't want to get married go ahead....you're trying to make people think like you and moneylover
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's pure comedy.

You are missing the whole point of what I am saying, if you want to get married then go ahead if you don't want to get married go ahead....you're trying to make people think like you and moneylover

bruh i swear im reading your post thinking why cant these cats understand this.. do you dont worry about what other folks do/ think you should do

as far as the topic.. marriage it is what it is, can be great or terrible depending on the people and their collective mindset on the topic. If a chick wants to get married simply to have a "wedding" ? wont end well. same ? for a dude who gets married knowing he aint ready to stop chasing new ? , or cause he knocked her up, ususally wont end well. (just a couple random examples).Marraige can work (and like other said ? is hard), but both people have to WANT it to work, and willing to put forth the effort to make it last

• Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not exactly the best forum for this discussion. You already knew the answers you were going to get I'm sure.
  • JusDre313
    Options
    and to @iamjaypee i agree with something u said earlier. Tradition. I think marraige is a traditional thing and i feel that with a LOT of ? in this country that we follow just because "its tradition". Remember i was dating this chick for a lil while Valentines day came and went and she was ? i didnt buy her anything. i hit her with one question and could never get much of an answer. my question

"why do you feel i should have bought you something"

her :"because its valentines day, its tradition, its what you do" and i asked her "why" and all she could say was because its tradition and I was being cheap. ? wasnt about being cheap at all. I was trying to get her to understand she was telling me i was wrong for NOT doing something that SHE COULDNT explain to me WHY i should have done it, other than it being tradition. basically the ? couldnt tell me one ? thang about Valentines Day, besides the fact i should have bought her some ? .. People are way to quick to follow things and or do ? they "think" they are obligated to do "out of tradition". Maybe thats just human tendecies. Im definitely not one of those people though, ? tradition i do what I want.
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    ? wanna be different sooooo bad.

"But its just Tradition" ass ?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    ? wanna be different sooooo bad.

"But its just Tradition" ass ?

Here's my issue with this statement, my G:

I agree with you, a lot of ? do say a lot of ? just to stand out and be contrarian. But that does not negate the validity of their statements. It's similar to a ? being paranoid saying 'they're out to get you.'. Just because you are paranoid...doesn't mean they ain't out to get you.

So yes, 'But it's just tradition' is the mantra of ? who just want to be different a lot of the time. But how does that negate the validity of that statement? I don't think men these days have the luxury of not critically examining EVERYTHING and asking 'Why?' about EVERYTHING. If you examine it and ask 'Why?' and come up with compelling reasons, go for it. But when I critically examine marriage and ask myself 'Why?', there aren't really many answers I come up with.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    and to @iamjaypee i agree with something u said earlier. Tradition. I think marraige is a traditional thing and i feel that with a LOT of ? in this country that we follow just because "its tradition". Remember i was dating this chick for a lil while Valentines day came and went and she was ? i didnt buy her anything. i hit her with one question and could never get much of an answer. my question

her :"because its valentines day, its tradition, its what you do" and i asked her "why" and all she could say was because its tradition and I was being cheap. ? wasnt about being cheap at all. I was trying to get her to understand she was telling me i was wrong for NOT doing something that SHE COULDNT explain to me WHY i should have done it, other than it being tradition. basically the ? couldnt tell me one ? thang about Valentines Day, besides the fact i should have bought her some ? .. People are way to quick to follow things and or do ? they "think" they are obligated to do "out of tradition". Maybe thats just human tendecies. Im definitely not one of those people though, ? tradition i do what I want.

People only marry in America?

Did you tell her before hand you don't do valentines day? Other then you being opposed to tradition why didn't you buy her anything?

Do you celebrate birthdays, christmas, thanksgiving?

• MoneyLuver
    Options
    I hear you. But humans usually always go for tha bait when its presented to them

I betchu 90% of these dudes that claim homophobe would ? a ? if the right one and the right time presented itself

Its human nature to want to be happy. You literally have to learn to "un-want" something. Marraige is no exception
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hear you. But humans usually always go for tha bait when its presented to them

I betchu 90% of these dudes that claim homophobe would ? a ? if the right one and the right time presented itself

Its human nature to want to be happy. You literally have to learn to "un-want" something. Marraige is no exception

Let's talk about it. The bolded seems to indicate that marriage = happiness. I don't want to put words in your mouth. Is that what you're saying?
  • JusDre313
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »

People only marry in America?

Did you tell her before hand you don't do valentines day? Other then you being opposed to tradition why didn't you buy her anything?

Do you celebrate birthdays, christmas, thanksgiving?

no i meant to change that i meant its prolly the same in all countries. Dont think we had the discussion about the Vday before then.. naw i dont celebrate ? ..and not knocking anyone who does ( i buy my son and nephews gifts for bdays & christmas, thats the extent of my holiday celebration) my point was not a knock on holidays ( i could care less what the next person do, long as u aint bothering me) was just giving an example of something another poster touched upon