Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    And what is the purpose of the world.......? Cuz mother Nature stay ? up

th?id=HN.607993711010515331&pid=15.1&P=0

all life dies and one of the purposes of life is to die because in doing so it brings life to other living creatures this is especially so in the animal kingdom animals provide man and each other with food and other things we need.

death may feed life with flesh or in the case of human death it may bring inner emotional growth to other humans. for example the first time a child sees a love one die and gets over it the child has just grown stronger.

One of the PURPOSES of life is to DIE? So why the hell are we even here then? We might as well all be born dead then right? Pay close attention to what you just said smh.....

because one of the other purposes of life it to make more life and try to make that new life live in a better world than you did i really don't understand why you seem so shocked by what i am saying why are these hard concepts for you to grasp
  • zombie
    Options
    Mankind ain't bring none of this ? on "ourselves" we were just never meant to exist in the first place. We're an accident born from mother nature. Not some all knowing always watching supreme deity. We're chemicals and compounds that are merely self aware for a short period of time.

It seems you're right because mother nature seems to be CONSTANTLY bombarding humans with all kinds of trouble while we're here on Earth. With Ebola running around, along with natural disasters, it seems like mother nature is trying to shake us off. It's one reason why I'm not sure if I want kids some day, the world is just too ? up.

you seem very afraid of death and nature your decision to have kids or not should not be based on fear.
    the world has been worse relax
  • dr funky resurrected
    dr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can believe that if you wish it's utter foolishness but carry on.

Think about it. Let's just go off common sense for a second. Which makes more sense? An invisible weightless soundless diety thats been ignoring humanity for thousands of years?

Or the fact that what we see is pretty much all there is to see. And that well things happen in life because no ones watching us but us.

Water is water, air is air, dirt is dirt. What we see is what we got. The flying invisible spaghetti ? in the sky is not there.
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    There is no "grand plan" there is no "purpose". We're just a cosmic burp. A hiccup in time and space.
  • zombie
    Options
    There is no "grand plan" there is no "purpose". We're just a cosmic burp. A hiccup in time and space.

according to you and your perspective but there are two many interlinked systems that operate together for every thing to all just be "luck" the odds are against you.

Professor Francis Crick, awarded the Nobel Prize for the discovery of DNA, wrote:

An honest man, armed with all the knowledge available to us now, could only state that in some sense, the origin of life appears at the moment to be almost a miracle, so many are the conditions which would have had to have been satisfied to get it going.

The trouble is that there are about two thousand enzymes, and the chance of obtaining them all in a random trial is only one part in (1020)2,000=1040,000, an outrageously small probability that could not be faced even if the whole universe consisted of organic soup. In terms of complexity, an individual cell is nothing when compared with a system like the mammalian brain. The human brain consists of about ten thousand million nerve cells. Each nerve cell puts out between ten thousand and one hundred thousand connecting fibers by which it makes contact with other nerve cells in the brain. Altogether the total number of connections in the human brain approaches 1015 or a thousand million million. Numbers in the order of 1015 are of course completely beyond comprehension. Imagine an area about half the size of the USA (one million square miles) covered in a forest of trees containing ten thousand trees per square mile. If each tree contained one hundred thousand leaves the total number of leaves in the forest would be 1015, equivalent to the number of connections in the human brain! Despite the enormity of the number of connections, the ramifying forest of fibers is not a chaotic random tangle but a highly organized network in which a high proportion of the fibers are unique adaptive communication channels following their own specially ordained pathway through the brain. Even if only one hundredth of the connections in the brain were specifically organized, this would still represent a system containing a much greater number of specific connections than in the entire communications network on Earth.
  • zombie
    Options

Think about it. Let's just go off common sense for a second. Which makes more sense? An invisible weightless soundless diety thats been ignoring humanity for thousands of years?

Or the fact that what we see is pretty much all there is to see. And that well things happen in life because no ones watching us but us.

Water is water, air is air, dirt is dirt. What we see is what we got. The flying invisible spaghetti ? in the sky is not there.

? does not exist in the sky nor has he been ignoring us for centuries prayers do get answered, and there is more to air and water than what your simple mind thinks. dirt is made up of many different compounds and what we call air if the mixture of very special gases the smallest difference and we can't breathe. there is too much complexity for it all to be an accident. the smallest difference and we don't exist.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options

That's too rational to be a zombie quote
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have proof to back this statement?
  • vitoria
    vitoria Members Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching "the unbelievers" right now. Our minds can't grasp that something can come from nothing. Yet, only a few minds in the world can.

Just like how minds couldn't grasp the world wasn't flat 1,000 years ago, people said it's impossible that the world is round. Then we were proved wrong.

These are facts.
    thousands of years before humans saw the earth as a globe from space, the Hebrew prophet Isaiah stated with remarkable simplicity: “There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth.” (Isaiah 40:22)

The Bible writer Isaiah avoided the common myths about the earth. Instead, he penned a statement that was not threatened by the advances of scientific discovery.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The complexity of life is a very strong argument for there being at least some evidence of some kind of designer/s or higher power that at one point existed....the eternal question though is who or what made those designers? In a way, it kind of proves Stephen Hawkings' point, if one is religious, who made ? for example. Did ? or the makers of the universe just MAGICALLY appear? Guess we'll never know, hope death solves these questions
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Mankind ain't bring none of this ? on "ourselves" we were just never meant to exist in the first place. We're an accident born from mother nature. Not some all knowing always watching supreme deity. We're chemicals and compounds that are merely self aware for a short period of time.

It seems you're right because mother nature seems to be CONSTANTLY bombarding humans with all kinds of trouble while we're here on Earth. With Ebola running around, along with natural disasters, it seems like mother nature is trying to shake us off. It's one reason why I'm not sure if I want kids some day, the world is just too ? up.

you seem very afraid of death and nature your decision to have kids or not should not be based on fear.

I'm actually not afraid of anything except bees, I don't know why.....

The world has been worse of course but try telling that to all the people worldwide suffering from natural disasters, diseases, and the imperfection of life in general. I love kids but the older I get, the more skeptical I am that this world is really worth bringing them up in. Maybe I watch the news too much
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options

Do you have proof to back this statement?

Yes, common sense
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    I believe that when you die it's like before you were born. No awareness. Nothing. We won't remember anything. Buying milk at the store. Typing on this forum, eating your girlfriends ass. None of it.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options

The world has been worse of course but try telling that to all the people worldwide suffering from natural disasters, diseases, and the imperfection of life in general. I love kids but the older I get, the more skeptical I am that this world is really worth bringing them up in. Maybe I watch the news too much

Each child has the potential to grow up and change the world if you guide them correctly. One of your children may become the next Steven Hawking. Or that child may end up a homeless destitute. It's the chances we take to preserve the species. In the end, it's all about preserving the species. Regardless, it may be pointless anyhow because we have adapted so much technology that our overall goal as a collective organism may switch to protecting the single organism with the most potential through life extension.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    vitoria wrote: »
    Watching "the unbelievers" right now. Our minds can't grasp that something can come from nothing. Yet, only a few minds in the world can.

Just like how minds couldn't grasp the world wasn't flat 1,000 years ago, people said it's impossible that the world is round. Then we were proved wrong.

These are facts.
    thousands of years before humans saw the earth as a globe from space, the Hebrew prophet Isaiah stated with remarkable simplicity: “There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth.” (Isaiah 40:22)

The Bible writer Isaiah avoided the common myths about the earth. Instead, he penned a statement that was not threatened by the advances of scientific discovery.

There is no above and below in space. The earth is not a Circle. That is a flat 2d dimension. It is a sphere.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I don't think anybody should leap to conclusions as to how we came about (or at least what initiated the process). My issue with religion is that people came to a conclusion based solely on hypothesis with no further investigation and said that that is the ultimate truth. I could not be an agnostic when one presents a final form to me and expects me to say whether it exist or not. I mean they actually create curriculum based on circular logic and guesstimate conclusions based on singular occurrences compiled into a Marvel What If book. It is up to the presenter to prove his pondering correct.

So we are just supposed to suspend disbelief cuz some dude said it in a ancient book or before then recited it from the memory of what his forefathers taught him and built upon it with his own delusional occurrence believing himself sanctified. I like it when a scientist proves something by actually showing it (through physical form or built upon equations). We prove to ourselves each day that touching scolding hot things is unwise. Its' one thing to guess that something exist, but to build and entire principle on a guess? smh. The bible has offered basic human focused guidance that i can give it a pass for. But so has self help books sold on Amazon.
  • zombie
    Options

you sound afraid, the world is not what you want so it's imperfect to you, therefore you don't want kids. not doing something because you don't know the outcome is fear
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

Each child has the potential to grow up and change the world if you guide them correctly. One of your children may become the next Steven Hawking. Or that child may end up a homeless destitute. It's the chances we take to preserve the species. In the end, it's all about preserving the species. Regardless, it may be pointless anyhow because we have adapted so much technology that our overall goal as a collective organism may switch to protecting the single organism with the most potential through life extension.

Makes sense, I think the world is overpopulated personally so I'm not sure if me having a child or not will make any real difference. It very well could but the Earth cannot sustain the huge human population we have on Earth for long. Based on how humans are living and using resources like oil, food, water, etc, scientists say we really need 1.5 Earths to sustain what we do as a species. Humans have already wiped out half of all the animals on Earth just to maintain our lifestyle and of course this is unsustainable.....

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/sep/29/earth-lost-50-wildlife-in-40-years-wwf

A second index in the new Living Planet report calculates humanity’s “ecological footprint”, ie the scale at which it is using up natural resources. Currently, the global population is cutting down trees faster than they regrow, catching fish faster than the oceans can restock, pumping water from rivers and aquifers faster than rainfall can replenish them and emitting more climate-warming carbon dioxide than oceans and forests can absorb.

The report concludes that today’s average global rate of consumption would need 1.5 planet Earths to sustain it. But four planets would be required to sustain US levels of consumption, or 2.5 Earths to match UK consumption levels.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2014
    Options

you sound afraid, the world is not what you want so it's imperfect to you, therefore you don't want kids. not doing something because you don't know the outcome is fear

The world is imperfect to pretty much everyone lol, even you admitted life is full of struggles. Even if I knew my future child would have a perfect life, I'm not sure the world NEEDS me to have one. Too many people on Earth as it is and too many uncertainties. I know someone who has a child who is disabled mentally and physically, and both parents are healthy as hell, so in a world and life like this, I'm not sure I want to go through the trouble. I feel content being child free, helps me sleep easier at night in a world as chaotic as this one. In a more orderly world, I'd have kids without hesitation.
  • vitoria
    vitoria Members Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options

These are facts.

There is no above and below in space. The earth is not a Circle. That is a flat 2d dimension. It is a sphere.

Job 26:7
    " He stretches out the northern sky over empty space,
    Suspending the earth upon nothing "

Evolution theory attempts to explain the origin of species. Living things are made up of efficient organs, such as the heart, lungs, and eyes. Also, at the microscopic level, we see marvelously designed ‘machines’ within cells. Where do the designs for those come from? Evolutionists claim that the best mechanisms are automatically selected because the living things that have them survive better. But that idea does not answer the question: Where do the mechanisms come from?
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited October 2014
    Options

Makes sense, but I think the world is overpopulated personally so I'm not sure if me having a child or not will make any real difference. It very well could but the Earth cannot sustain the huge human population we have on Earth for long. Based on how humans are living and using resources like oil, food, water, etc, scientists say we really need 1.5 Earths to sustain what we do as a species. Humans have already wiped out half of all the animals on Earth just to maintain our lifestyle and of course this is unsustainable.....

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/sep/29/earth-lost-50-wildlife-in-40-years-wwf

A second index in the new Living Planet report calculates humanity’s “ecological footprint”, ie the scale at which it is using up natural resources. Currently, the global population is cutting down trees faster than they regrow, catching fish faster than the oceans can restock, pumping water from rivers and aquifers faster than rainfall can replenish them and emitting more climate-warming carbon dioxide than oceans and forests can absorb.

The report concludes that today’s average global rate of consumption would need 1.5 planet Earths to sustain it. But four planets would be required to sustain US levels of consumption, or 2.5 Earths to match UK consumption levels.

There is technology created everyday to make us more sustainable. We have electric cards, smart grids, clean tech, advanced farming techniques that has sustained us this long, and we are almost on the precipice of space mining. We also, have increased recycling capabilities such as recovering precious minerals, invention of new tech that biodegrades properly, growing acceptance of ? and someone even came up with something called soilent that has all of the nutrients necessary for human consumption. There is also preservation efforts that humans never practiced before. There is no need to create kids like you said, but i think we will be ok as a species once we become more homogeneous which is something that we are growing towards with a world economy. Like i said, with life extension technologies, propagation may not be all that necessary and humans in advanced economies are having less children these days anyhow.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

These are facts.

Evolution theory attempts to explain the origin of species. Living things are made up of efficient organs, such as the heart, lungs, and eyes. Also, at the microscopic level, we see marvelously designed ‘machines’ within cells. Where do the designs for those come from? Evolutionists claim that the best mechanisms are automatically selected because the living things that have them survive better. But that idea does not answer the question: Where do the mechanisms come from?

You're basically falling in the hole he basically called out. We can easily say it's ? a higher being or what not but what give the parameters for such ones existence. We don't know but the whole point is not create an entire culture on something we cannot prove and annihilate anyone who thinks different.
  • zombie
    Options

The world is imperfect to pretty much everyone lol, even you admitted life is full of struggles. Even if I knew my future child would have a perfect life, I'm not sure the world NEEDS me to have one. Too many people on Earth as it is and too many uncertainties. I know someone who has a child who is disabled mentally and physically, and both parents are healthy as hell, so in a world and life like this, I'm not sure I want to go through the trouble. I feel content being child free, helps me sleep easier at night in a world as chaotic as this one. In a more orderly world, I'd have kids without hesitation.

there being struggle does not equal imperfections. and you just admitted to being afraid.

your parents could have said the same thing about you. overpopulation is a myth and a lie that has been around for at least a century now.

we can if we want feed everybody.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited October 2014
    Options

These are facts.

Some of our organs are not very efficient. Other animals do better then us in many areas of ? capabilities and durability without external aid. We have creatures living in depths and heights unassisted which would annihilate us naturally. They don't do anything special though but live. Evolution has answered the question of how those mechanisms developed. The underlining mechanisms of basic chemistry and energy is what the ultimate question. I don't think the question mans origins has been the issue, it's the question of mans intelligence (how ever defined) that developed from those origins. Evolution is a different science then the theory of everything which does not require mans input or existence to be.
  • zombie
    Options
    evolutionists think life was an accident, if life existing is not all the proof you need then I don't know what to tell you.

also people who ask you to prove ? only prove that they don't understand the concept in the first place.