Ask ThatDamnJay Anything: Don't Ban Me Bro Edition

Options

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's how I got on....I was a great gns poster and I was at war with the donkey.....I was too powerful of a poster to be ignored
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    @thatdamnjay y exactly can't my ? Green and Duck post in peace ....they brought the most traffic to the community

Greg's call, anybody who's ever directly tried tampering with the site gets banned on sight.

I've tried being lenient with them since the whenever the last time they shut the site down, but got burned for my efforts. didn't take it personal. I ? with Ducky (don't trust him tho), and Choice is my ? . follow each other on twitta too.

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    That's how I got on....I was a great gns poster and I was at war with the donkey.....I was too powerful of a poster to be ignored
    You just wait fat boy ima be on yo ass like white on white nh
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jay is this TooX ?

10gbq5t.jpg
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Sion - ? stock broker

UPTOWNCONNEXX -got exposed for fake fuckn some broad she signed up n never knew him

KillaCham- reg mod

Stew -reg mod

Black_Samson -reg mod sometimes he smokes stuff that makes him paranoid

MsSouthern -worthless gives feelings ban..makes up rules

blackrain -who??

MillzOG-doesnt post alot

dalyricalbandit -regular mod

kai reg mod

Joker Soprano -mexican ?

eternalmoney-who??

peagle05 -reg mod

GodGivBiz -Reg mod

Parallel -reg mod

, D.D.S -didnt know he was a mod
    , fortyacres&amule-didnt know he was a mod

tupacfan -WHO?

Du_Du -gets in his feelings too much

RuffDraft-WHo?

5th Letter-reg mod

Haute-she never posts l/looks like mos def

Cain- top 3 mod

Who really gives a ? about how active some mods are? The few that are active do the duty well enough, it ain't that serious.
  • _Jay_
    Options
    Another question how did MsSouthern become a mod on a hip hop site? Don't u have to have some hip hop knowledge to mod on AllHipHop.com? @thatdamnjay

I think Odeisel made her a mod around the time or before I became a mod

I have no issues with her, she's one of our better mods actually, hence the reason she won the first IC Appreciation Day for Mods. it's a hip hop site true, but she's the mod of The Powder Room
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    have you ever witnessed a mod doing ? work for a ic member against another ic member because they were getting ? on or just didn't like that person

@‌fazeem_notblackatall

Russ-Troll.gif
  • Dupac
    Options
    Pre-mod du was stupid popular...I was like stone cold and the rock mixed in one...when I was made a mod.......it was crazy how many people got ? ESPECIALLY the donkey.....they wanted my head

? was real
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    Keep it funky Jay, in your head/opinion

Who got the next three modspots?

I wanna make E2S a Donkey mod, and maybe another spot, but I think he's too cool for all'at
    Six is definitely gonna be a mod, whenever I get off my azz

2 outta 3, my bad *shrugs*

main thing slowing me down is the fact that we've ALREADY got so many mods...there's a few inactives, but still, we've gotta LOT

@thatdamnjay why can't y'all just merge the forums collecting dust....and answer my post bout my modship
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Sion - ? stock broker

UPTOWNCONNEXX -got exposed for fake fuckn some broad she signed up n never knew him

KillaCham- reg mod

Stew -reg mod

Black_Samson -reg mod sometimes he smokes stuff that makes him paranoid

MsSouthern -worthless gives feelings ban..makes up rules

blackrain -who??

MillzOG-doesnt post alot

dalyricalbandit -regular mod

kai reg mod

Joker Soprano -mexican ?

eternalmoney-who??

peagle05 -reg mod

GodGivBiz -Reg mod

Parallel -reg mod

, D.D.S -didnt know he was a mod
    , fortyacres&amule-didnt know he was a mod

tupacfan -WHO?

Du_Du -gets in his feelings too much

RuffDraft-WHo?

5th Letter-reg mod

Haute-she never posts l/looks like mos def

Cain- top 3 mod

Who really gives a ? about how active some mods are? The few that are active do the duty well enough, it ain't that serious.

Bcuz u can give the spots to people that actually post. An actually no they dont enough..30 food threads get made everyday how is that grown and sexy?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ThatDamnJay‌

What do you do for work? or are you administrator for several sites and make a living off that?
  • _Jay_
    Options
    have you ever witnessed a mod doing ? work for a ic member against another ic member because they were getting ? on or just didn't like that person and knew the mod they ran to would ban them for a minor(? ) reason or no reason at all? and are there active mods you plan on getting rid of too along with the inactive ones?

yes

possibly so, still playin around with the details...one of the reasons for the IC Appreciations was an incentive for the mods to step their game up, and some of the mods still haven't

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    have you ever witnessed a mod doing ? work for a ic member against another ic member because they were getting ? on or just didn't like that person and knew the mod they ran to would ban them for a minor(? ) reason or no reason at all? and are there active mods you plan on getting rid of too along with the inactive ones?

yes

possibly so, still playin around with the details...one of the reasons for the IC Appreciations was an incentive for the mods to step their game up, and some of the mods still haven't

((()((names))))))
  • Dupac
    Options
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I in the running for a Reason Mod?
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if that ? has been done by active mods are you planning on stripping them of their modship? cause it surely does seem like some of the more popular posters might have some of these mods in their virtual back pocket. @ThatDamnJay
  • _Jay_
    Options
    Allergens wrote: »
    By the way tho, peep this ? da admin but got the too cool for school swag going. Like I ? wit y'all, but I don't really ? wit y'all. You cold blooded bruh

it's not like that, even tho I prolly made it sound like that

bruh...I'm grown...I've got 3 kids. a woman. work. the IC (as work). a life offline.

I used to be the IC historian...ppl could randomly come up to me and ask me anything about the IC, and I've have an exact answer...nowadays tho, not so much...it ain't cuz I don't ? with the IC no more, cuz I obviously do, but the reality is, time is becoming more and more precious to a ? , and I ain't the type of guy to waste my time on anything. if ? ain't really pertinent or interesting TO ME, I keep it moving. that's my personality tho.

• shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    What I gotta do to get a trial run as a moderator?

I've got about...5 pm's right now of potential mods that I haven't even read yet...NOT including the line that's already been established. NOT including the referrals from other mods. NOT including the pm I just got a few mins ago and haven't eem read yet. NOT including the ppl I'm currently vetting/shadowing

best way to do it is to find a section that's YOU, and run that ? . threads, your feedback, etc., be passionate about that ? . after a minute, mods and posters will began talking about u (in a good way), and I take notice...that's how u get put on. be prepared to wait tho, smh

Seriously you gotta make me a mod.

I think you should let the community decide on a least one of the new mod spots
  • _Jay_
    Options
    Have you ever got some ? off here? And don't you dare lie to me...we family, we all we got! *no dweezy*

Nope.

but...

Nah, nope : )

edit: I did contribute to the end of a marriage tho...and no, I'm not talking about TooX.

I've actually been pm'd by at least 2 husbands on here, smfh

Let's talk about the TooXquisite situation...because I heard about that before I ever even became acquainted with you...in other words, your reputation proceeds you...let's talk about it.

that's not a question tho...

she no longer posts on here. tread carefully, cuz there's only so much info I'm gonna divulge.

Ya, we follow one another on twitter. Her natural hair is pretty. I've always wanted to ask her, but I didn't know if it was sensitive info or not. How about you just surmise the situation concisely for us? <<¬¬¬made it a question this time!

I also know better than to ask for names of the wives whose husbands PM'd you...but how did you handle both of those situations respectively? What had the husbands found out about their wives' actions on here that warranted registering an account on here to speak with you?

pm's only

first time was in 2004. had a ? shook. her and her husband were goin thru separation, and she told me he had disappeared, dipped off the radar. about a week later, a whip pulled up in front of my crib with...that state's tags. the doors opened up (as in UP, Lambo type doors), and a ? who looked JUST LIKE HER HUSBAND hopped out. this was in front of my crib, where my kids slept. I was tooled up, but was considerably shook. the ? did something (I was gettin my tools ready), hopped back in the whip, and left. never saw him again, but saw a similar whip about a week later. second time I saw it was from a distance, to this day, I dunno if they were outta state tags and if it had Lambo doors.

I told her about it. she tried assuring me he was still in...their state. but she hadn't seen him in like 48 hours.

I was still a lil wild back then tho, I was shook, but that just made the situation worse. I was ready to openly disrespect him, which I did, without disrespecting her. I knew there was a price to pay, but just didn't give a ? .

karma's a muthafukka. I did indeed pay.

the second time was around 2006-2007, different young lady. me and her had been pm'ing that morning. out of the blue, a pm came, but there was something different about it (I don't remember what caught my eye, it was something subtle, like a grammar change or something). I thought it was her, and answered, but kept my answer conservative. about an hour later, she told me, her husband had come in the room, pushed her to the side, and shot me a pm. whatever my answer was, it had satisfied him (we had a policy of deleting pm's as soon as we'd read them, so he couldn't read our older ? ).

^ all that did was make us extremely even more careful.

in the long run, I regretted these incidents (plus others). at the time, I was still wild and didn't give a damn. I'm older and a lot calmer now, but I earned my screen name long before ever signing up for the IC.

? . That damn Jay!

You must laugh whenever you come across men on here saying to come fight and it never plays out when you are really bout that life.

yup...I laugh at stuff alla time on here. twitta too

ppl are good for sayin stuff they'll never do...until it's their turn. and we all get a turn...

• SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What did you want to be when you were little?

Describe your wife/significant other (personality traits & physical traits)?

Can you do any flips?

Who cuts your hair?

Are you ticklish?

What is your vocation outside of the IC?
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why are illseeds rumors not rumors anymore? that ? done turned into some hip hop weekly ? .
  • _Jay_
    Options
    I's tiad boss...

keep the questions coming...or not...I'll answer whatever I'm gonna answer
This discussion has been closed.