Iraqi troops suffer mass slaughter one mile from Baghdad: the general ISIS Chat thread

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    As far as Yemen, let's stop pretending things are going well for American foreign policy there. All the drones and bombs we are using in that nation to "fight terror" have caused backlash and the CAPITAL of Yemen is in the hands of anti-American forces. Arguably worse, Al-Qaeda is claiming more land in Yemen then ever before. The US allied govt of Yemen doesn't control much of the country and the most powerful forces in Yemen all hate America

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2014/09/23/The-fall-of-Sanaa-What-next-for-Yemen-.html

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/09/23/yemens-capital-under-near-total-control-of-shiite-rebels-following-? -offensive/

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    You are only bringing up the differences which everyone knows about regarding old Germany, I am merely speaking about the similarities, do you know what the word similarity means?
    alright, let me point this out: a comparison is not making a list of what you call similarities and responding to differences with "i am merely speaking about the similarities." that's now how it works!

it's almost -ALMOST- like you could, in fact, criticize things without the Worst Analogy Ever being used. whoops, here it comes again:
    Regarding the scary similarities btw the Third ? 's final days and America losing conflict after conflict in the Middle East, read up on how Germany kept losing campaigns in its final Third ? days
    honestly, dude, it sounds like you're the one that needs to do the reading up. the Third ? 's final days literally involve Germany being invaded on MULTIPLE fronts by an alliance of the world's major powers. oh, and the Holocaust stuff.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    You are only bringing up the differences which everyone knows about regarding old Germany, I am merely speaking about the similarities, do you know what the word similarity means?
    alright, let me point this out: a comparison is not making a list of what you call similarities and responding to differences with "i am merely speaking about the similarities." that's now how it works!

it's almost -ALMOST- like you could, in fact, criticize things without the Worst Analogy Ever being used. whoops, here it comes again:
    Regarding the scary similarities btw the Third ? 's final days and America losing conflict after conflict in the Middle East, read up on how Germany kept losing campaigns in its final Third ? days
    honestly, dude, it sounds like you're the one that needs to do the reading up. the Third ? 's final days literally involve Germany being invaded on MULTIPLE fronts by an alliance of the world's major powers. oh, and the Holocaust stuff.

SMH, it's funny how you and Zombie constantly look PAST the similarities (As few as they are but still striking) and go straight for the differences, I know the damn differences, I said over and over again that America is in a much better position then the Third ? 's final days and of course the Holocaust stuff is bad, but stop overlooking America's past genocide of Native Americans and brutal treatment of Blacks for over 300 shameful years. America was never as depraved as the Third ? (????) but let's not act like America didn't annex tons of land themselves. I remember some people here in this forum argued America did even more evil ? then anything Germany did in another thread @indyman87

I think the thread is getting a little sidetracked with all this comparison stuff but my point is that all these expensive conflicts in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, and other areas has the risk to create worse consequences. I say this because things there don't seem to be going good with Obama sending more troops but like I said, I'll be patiently waiting to see how things get over there.....
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    @kingblaze84
    The similarities are so insignificant that there can be no serious comparison between america and ? germany, both nations had spy agencies and all the other organs of a modern state and that's about it, learn to take a ? L your comparison is ?

? i said we won the war in iraq and we did what's going on now in iraq is looking like what could be the start of a new war. which we will also win and will last only a few months.

John Kerry himself admitted the war against ISIS will take at least a year you ? idiot. He even suggested 3 years a few months ago dum dum. US generals on the ground also admit the war against ISIS will take years, has your stupid ass figured out America hasn't even defeated Al-Qaeda yet? What makes you think Americans can beat ISIS in a few months?

And America didn't win any war in Iraq, if they did win it Americans wouldn't be sending troops back in there AND TALKING ABOUT A WAR AGAIN. Iraqi troops were trained with billions of American dollars and all the gains were lost by Iraqi troops AND Americans because AMERICANS AIDED THE IRAQI GOVT WITH WEAPONS AND MONEY. YOU need to learn to take an L and accept it but of course, you don't know any better.

Regarding the scary similarities btw the Third ? 's final days and America losing conflict after conflict in the Middle East, read up on how Germany kept losing campaigns in its final Third ? days, and how America is STILL losing in Afghanistan (Taliban has most of the nation), Iraq (obvious by now) and other losing efforts in Yemen and Syria. If you would have said America is in a stalemate in the nations I mentioned, I probably wouldn't even debate with you because it's a more legit case. Read a ? book

51KuvV4U%2B6L.jpg

The actual fighting will take a few months maybe a year and then isis will go back to being just like al-qaeda another organization that america crushed, these people will always exist but they won't be able to take over nations anymore that's what i mean by defeat

The fact that we are going back means we won in the first place, The iraqi army getting it's ass kicked does not equal the american army getting it's ass kicked you stupid ? . i think the anti-american ? you believe in is finally destroying your brain.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @kingblaze84
    The similarities are so insignificant that there can be no serious comparison between america and ? germany, both nations had spy agencies and all the other organs of a modern state and that's about it, learn to take a ? L your comparison is ?

? i said we won the war in iraq and we did what's going on now in iraq is looking like what could be the start of a new war. which we will also win and will last only a few months.

John Kerry himself admitted the war against ISIS will take at least a year you ? idiot. He even suggested 3 years a few months ago dum dum. US generals on the ground also admit the war against ISIS will take years, has your stupid ass figured out America hasn't even defeated Al-Qaeda yet? What makes you think Americans can beat ISIS in a few months?

And America didn't win any war in Iraq, if they did win it Americans wouldn't be sending troops back in there AND TALKING ABOUT A WAR AGAIN. Iraqi troops were trained with billions of American dollars and all the gains were lost by Iraqi troops AND Americans because AMERICANS AIDED THE IRAQI GOVT WITH WEAPONS AND MONEY. YOU need to learn to take an L and accept it but of course, you don't know any better.

Regarding the scary similarities btw the Third ? 's final days and America losing conflict after conflict in the Middle East, read up on how Germany kept losing campaigns in its final Third ? days, and how America is STILL losing in Afghanistan (Taliban has most of the nation), Iraq (obvious by now) and other losing efforts in Yemen and Syria. If you would have said America is in a stalemate in the nations I mentioned, I probably wouldn't even debate with you because it's a more legit case. Read a ? book

51KuvV4U%2B6L.jpg

The actual fighting will take a few months maybe a year and then isis will go back to being just like al-qaeda another organization that america crushed, these people will always exist but they won't be able to take over nations anymore that's what i mean by defeat

The fact that we are going back means we won in the first place, The iraqi army getting it's ass kicked does not equal the american army getting it's ass kicked you stupid ? . i think the anti-american ? you believe in is finally destroying your brain.

LOL read the book dum dum, the author agrees with me and I can put up several other books that do the same. America took out Saddam, only to get an even worse dragon then Al-Qaeda. When American troops eventually (I predict within a month) start fighting ISIS troops directly, things will get even more interesting. I shall be waiting.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ISIS captured a major city in Libya today. Libya is the same nation that saw dumb Americans and other Libyan groups take down Gaddafi, despite the African Union and Gaddafi warning that doing so would increase the footprint of terrorists in the region. Now, those warnings come to reality. So I guess America will wage battles in yet another nation now, as the world sits by and lets Americans bankrupt itself further.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/18/world/isis-libya/index.html

(CNN) -- The black flag of ISIS flies over government buildings. Police cars carry the group's insignia. The local football stadium is used for public executions. A town in Syria or Iraq? No. A city on the coast of the Mediterranean, in Libya.

Fighters loyal to the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria are now in complete control of the city of Derna, population of about 100,000, not far from the Egyptian border and just about 200 miles from the southern shores of the European Union.

The fighters are taking advantage of political chaos to rapidly expand their presence westwards along the coast, Libyan sources tell CNN.

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @kingblaze84

51KuvV4U%2B6L.jpg

LOL read the book dum dum, the author agrees with me and I can put up several other books that do the same. America took out Saddam, only to get an even worse dragon then Al-Qaeda. When American troops eventually (I predict within a month) start fighting ISIS troops directly, things will get even more interesting. I shall be waiting.

so because the author is as anti-american as you i should believe him?? the fact remains that we won the war in iraqi we killed saddam and put the nation under our control then when we wanted too we handed things over to the the iraqi government and they asked us to leave then those idiots lost control of the nation we gave them ( should never have gave it to them in the first place) . now it looks like there might be a 3rd iraq war.

me and you have different understanding of what it means to will a war.
  • janklow
    Options
    SMH, it's funny how you and Zombie constantly look PAST the similarities (As few as they are but still striking) and go straight for the differences-
    because we think you're ignoring the differences and the similarities aren't there? and i think i have already ADDRESSED your so-called similarities? so what's being overlooked?
    I know the damn differences, I said over and over again that America is in a much better position then the Third ? 's final days and of course the Holocaust stuff is bad, but stop overlooking America's past genocide of Native Americans and brutal treatment of Blacks for over 300 shameful years.
    actually, i will continue to overlook "America's past genocide of Native Americans and brutal treatment of Blacks for over 300 shameful years" because your comparison is America in 2014 versus the Third ? in the 1940s. America is NOT, in 2014, committing a genocide of Native Americans. or doing anything that takes 300 years.

so this is yet another layer of complete nonsense stacked onto the Worst Analogy Ever.
    America was never as depraved as the Third ? (????) but let's not act like America didn't annex tons of land themselves.
    NOT IN 2014.
    let me again remind you of your comparison:

"America fighting all these wars worldwide reminds me of Germany's last few years of the Third ? "

you do not get to choose random events from any time in history to explain why America RIGHT NOW is like the end of the Third ? . THIS IS NOT HOW A COMPARISON WORKS.
    I think the thread is getting a little sidetracked with all this comparison stuff
    it demands a response and you're furiously sticking with it, what more can i say?
  • janklow
    Options
    ISIS captured a major city in Libya today. Libya is the same nation that saw dumb Americans and other Libyan groups take down Gaddafi, despite the African Union and Gaddafi warning that doing so would increase the footprint of terrorists in the region.
    honestly seems more like Libyans who did something in Libya then gave ISIS a shout-out. i mean, it's assuredly not good, so there's that.

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Word is coming down that we are moving more troops in. I might be over there soon
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @zombie‌

A retired American general gave an interview today with Yahoo and he admits America has lost the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. He even wrote a book on it, and it was published Nov 11th 2014. I'll be buying the book soon

http://news.yahoo.com/retired-u-s--general-on-how-to-handle-isis-and-why-we-lost-in-iraq--afghanistan-204654884.html

Retired U.S. general on how to handle IS and why we lost in Iraq, Afghanistan
    By Michael Walsh 4 hours ago Yahoo News

A three-star general in Iraq and Afghanistan knows firsthand what went wrong during the last decade — and does not want the U.S. to repeat the same mistakes in our battle against the Islamic State.

Lt. Gen. Daniel Bolger, of Raleigh, N.C., retired from the Army last year with the Combat Action Badge, five Bronze Star medals (including one for valor) and a sense of guilt for the soldiers who died under his command.

Bolger, the author of "Why We Lost," salutes the troops for their bravery and sacrifice but places the blame squarely on people in the higher ranks, like himself.

“The men and women I fought beside did a great job, but I know I let them down by not giving them rational missions that they could carry out,” he said.

Having studied military history, he says he should have known that a U.S.-led counterinsurgency in a country like Afghanistan could never work.

Now, with the rise of the Islamic State, there’s a growing choir urging the U.S. military to lead yet another ground war in Iraq.

“That would be four times biting that poison apple: Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq and then Iraq again,” he said.

-An American general who was on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan ADMITS America lost the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.....I REST MY CASE.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Word is coming down that we are moving more troops in. I might be over there soon

Good luck, hope you don't go over there
  • janklow
    Options
    -An American general who was on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan ADMITS America lost the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.....I REST MY CASE.
    how many American generals were on the ground in those countries?
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    how many American generals were on the ground in those countries?

Great question but recently, General Dempsey visited Iraq. For a retired general to write a book on how America lost the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, I'm assuming he's seen the conditions on the ground for himself. It's a pretty damning book.
  • janklow
    Options
    Great question but recently, General Dempsey visited Iraq. For a retired general to write a book on how America lost the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, I'm assuming he's seen the conditions on the ground for himself. It's a pretty damning book.
    he may have a legitimate argument, but i would state that should be more about what he says and why than his status as an American general. i wouldn't make any assumptions based on the latter alone.

• kingblaze84
    edited November 2014
    Options
    he may have a legitimate argument, but i would state that should be more about what he says and why than his status as an American general. i wouldn't make any assumptions based on the latter alone.

Ok that's fair, his perspective should be interesting, considering another two Americans died in Afghanistan today and I'm not even sure what the mission there is anymore
  • janklow
    Options
    Ok that's fair, his perspective should be interesting, considering another two Americans died in Afghanistan today and I'm not even sure what the mission there is anymore
    "prove that Obama is Tough On Terror 9/11 Never Forget"

• kingblaze84
    Options
    "prove that Obama is Tough On Terror 9/11 Never Forget"

With Chuck Hagel being fired by Obama today, I wonder if this stance will get worse, or calm down
  • janklow
    Options
    With Chuck Hagel being fired by Obama today, I wonder if this stance will get worse, or calm down
    firing Hagel is likely a prelude to a more... robust Middle Eastern strategy

• kingblaze84
    Options
    Islamic State is attacking Kurdish rebels in Kobani, Syria from Turkey according to a British and Syrian human rights group and Kurdish officials. This is huge news because it means they may have a stronghold that can't be attacked by American airplanes, and Turkey (for smart reasons) doesn't want to get involved in the ISIS and Shiite civil war. I don't think Turkey will let ISIS get away with this for long though, or will they.....

https://news.yahoo.com/islamic-state-group-attacking-kobani-turkey-102358724.html

BEIRUT (AP) — The Islamic State group launched an attack Saturday on the Syrian border town of Kobani from Turkey, a Kurdish official and activists said, although Turkey denied that the fighters had used its territory for the raid.

The assault began when a suicide bomber driving an armored vehicle detonated his explosives on the border crossing between Kobani and Turkey, said the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights and Nawaf Khalil, a spokesman for Syria's powerful Kurdish Democratic Union Party.

The Islamic State group "used to attack the town from three sides," Khalil said. "Today, they are attacking from four sides."

Mustafa Bali, a Kobani-based activist, said by telephone that Islamic State group fighters have taken positions in the grain silos on the Turkish side of the border and from there are launching attacks toward the border crossing point. He added that the U.S.-led coalition launched an airstrike Saturday morning on the eastern side of the town.

"It is now clear that Turkey is openly cooperating with Daesh," Bali said, using the Arabic acronym for the Islamic State. Later in the day, he said the situation was relatively calm on the border after a day of heavy clashes.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    firing Hagel is likely a prelude to a more... robust Middle Eastern strategy

Maybe now America will start attacking Turkey? Lol
  • janklow
    Options
    seems unlikely but apparently Obama's presidential strategy has been to waffle on higher principles while actively annoying me. so who knows?

• kingblaze84
    Options
    seems unlikely but apparently Obama's presidential strategy has been to waffle on higher principles while actively annoying me. so who knows?

Yeah who knows with Obama, but he's definitely intensifying the fight againt ISIS, their capital Raqqa in Syria is being bombed out crazy the last few days according to CNN. It seems like America is now trying to get ISIS members out of their strongholds, but this is going to extend to a hell of a lot of places if America really wants to get involved in this
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The American led coalition is slowly turning against itself.....A Shiite, Iraqi member of Iraq's govt went on Arab television a few weeks ago to say America is the Great Satan of the world and deep down, Iraqi govt officials prefer working with Iran on the fight against ISIS over America. He also said interestingly that Americans are overcharging Iraq's govt for ammo and weapons and that America is not obeying the laws of Iraq's govt and as long as America supports Israel, America is wasting it's time bombing ISIS because America looks evil doing so. He even said Iranian help is much more helpful then American help because Iran is on the ground and America isn't

http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/4625.htm
  • janklow
    Options
    The American led coalition is slowly turning against itself.....A Shiite, Iraqi member of Iraq's govt went on Arab television a few weeks ago to say America is the Great Satan of the world and deep down, Iraqi govt officials prefer working with Iran on the fight against ISIS over America.
    poor example; Qasim al-Araji is a Badr Organization dude; group spent decades in Iran and pushed all that sectarian ? under Maliki that caused the problems to begin with. what positions do you expect a guy like that to take?