Rupert Murdoch Defends Exodus Movie Cast: ‘Since When Are Egyptians Not White?

Options

Comments

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need a part 2 of this to expose the foolishness..
    http://youtu.be/FSiQ0PeMHJM
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honkies got some nerve smh.... the arrogance with it is a shame
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reminds me of when I saw Elizabeth Taylor play Cleopatra and I was always thinking "? THIS ? " and didn't continue watching.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not looking at movie on Ancient Egypt until I see the entire cast being black from the Pharoah all the way down to the painter etc.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Race is destiny and black equals slave." - from some book i read. Sums up what white people know of blacks and our ancient history.

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What brave soul is gonna make the Nat Turner epoch?

Ummmmmm.....

Either you n-gga's can't read or your blind cause....

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/523664/armie-hammer-joins-nate-parker-s-nat-turner-biopic-the-birth-of-a-nation
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    It's pretty clear Egypt was a mix of black Africans and those of middle eastern descent.

White people claim Egyptians are white because they have classified those of middle eastern descent as Caucasian, only when it's convenient for them though, any other time they're sand n*****s.

i actually never really heard no white person ever in my surroundings say that egyptians were white
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    It's pretty clear Egypt was a mix of black Africans and those of middle eastern descent.

White people claim Egyptians are white because they have classified those of middle eastern descent as Caucasian, only when it's convenient for them though, any other time they're sand n*****s.

i actually never really heard no white person ever in my surroundings say that egyptians were white

Seems about right

This isn't something that comes up in everyday conversation, they hardly ever say they are white outright, unless it's your boy Murdoch, but it's pretty obvious what they're implying when they claim them as Caucasian.

You've probably never heard them say Ethiopians were white Caucasian either.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »

The United States Census Bureau defines White people as those "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It includes people who indicated their race(s) as "White" or reported entries such as Irish, German, Italian, Lebanese, Arab, Moroccan, or Caucasian

Egyptian Immigrant Wants to be Reclassified as Black

The government considered this guy White just to cover their bases
    ap66668524454.jpg?w=360&h=240&crop=1

They absolutely don't want Egyptians of today or ancient times to be thought of as Black.
  • Stiff
    edited November 2014
    Options
    People don't really see why it's so important that we understand that the Egyptians weren't white or semitic or any middle eastern but black african because the truth of the matter it will raise racial pride and social pride and etc. It will eliminate the ignorance that blacks cannot create a advance society let alone be the prominent figures in civilization. It will show how weak racism truly is and how it is irrational.

And it's really just this simple. They call Greeks the "fathers of western civilizations" but they leave out the fact that the Greeks took alot of their culture from the Egyptians whom they admired. And to be doubly cautious they backwards classify the ancient Egyptians and even the Egyptians of today as "honorary whites".
  • Stiff
    Options
    On another note, Rupert Murdoch is an Australian AND a billionaire. He prolly hasn't had a conversation with a Black person not named Oprah in decades.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It isn't and hence why my new thread shows that we ha BC civilizations prior to that of the Akkadians in West Africa and as Africans we all should know research Africa and world history to see how the world truly is. But that takes years of studying most won't do on their own. So we use Egypt to quantify how the world copied Africa to create western civilization. But we know that the Orisha = Saints, Voodoo = Holy spirit (rituals), our artwork copied, our dances copied and used.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    People don't really see why it's so important that we understand that the Egyptians weren't white or semitic or any middle eastern but black african because the truth of the matter it will raise racial pride and social pride and etc. It will eliminate the ignorance that blacks cannot create a advance society let alone be the prominent figures in civilization. It will show how weak racism truly is and how it is irrational.

Egyptians weren't the only / greatest African Empire tho, btw; Just the one we can recognize most readily.

Cosign, You never, ever, ever, hear mention of the Mali empire, or Kingdom of Ghana, etc unless you're taking a college world history course that isn't ? .
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

And it's really just this simple. They call Greeks the "fathers of western civilizations" but they leave out the fact that the Greeks took alot of their culture from the Egyptians whom they admired. And to be doubly cautious they backwards classify the ancient Egyptians and even the Egyptians of today as "honorary whites".

I will smack a cracka for this ? ?