Rupert Murdoch Defends Exodus Movie Cast: ‘Since When Are Egyptians Not White?

Options

Comments

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing that look good in the trailer was the CG animation .......and that's it.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whose surprised by this really Old white man responsible for fox news i be more surprised if he didnt say this
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White folks up in arms over a black man in this star wars joint....

do they realize that the most famous star wars character was James Earl Jones....
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    White folks up in arms over a black man in this star wars joint....

do they realize that the most famous star wars character was James Earl Jones....

I think they attempted to recruit him during the racial draft
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont get me started.

It shows how ? powerless we are as a race. That they would even attempt this.

Honestly...I'm still shocked that we are getting a BLACK PANTHER movie but I know somehow something will go wrong with it. Either the backlash from critics ,or them not depicting him in the movie like he was in the comics.

Watch the Black Panther right hand man be White or some stupid ? .

I don't want to hear about no ? assorpahm Name Annie supposed to be white either.mmshe a ? fictional orphan. DA ? does that matter??????

All these black actors can make some ? black drama or comedy depicting us as being ignorant. But we can't get a Pharoah movie that's not animated showing that everyone was black in Egypt, ? even West Africa...Egypt wasn't the only powerful country. Word to Mansu.

I don't want another Slave movie. I don't want another gangster flick. I don't even want a Obama film. Just give me some real ? . Give me some Frederick Douglas,Marcus Garvey,Thurgood Marshall real ?
  • God_Yunn
    Options
    Give me some Nat Turner, Give me THE REAL Black Panther, Huey Newton ? .

I'll take a movie about Jay-Z before I see another ? slave movie. Or a movie about THE HELP.

I'll take fictional movies of us in power or doing something great. ? a comedy...Blacks aren't just about being hood and jokes. This how the world view us. Its sickening. We can't even be on got damm commercials enough.

I'm ? off. I'm on ciroc and I need to vent. My grandaddy made me watch hours of ? documentaries about Ancient Pharoahs back when I was a kid. I appreciate it now,He'd stab Murdoch and Ridley Scott in the neck if he heard about this movie. ? I might rock Ridley in the jaw if i see him
  • God_Yunn
    Options
    All these actors with money, all of these blacks with deep pockets and they can't get together to make films my G? ? whoever try to stop it. They want to shun us out. ? it then let's go to WAR!! DA ? I look like? Mannnee I can't wait to be rich. The way IMA make moves ,these whites in power gone love to gate ah ?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Watch these ? remake Shaka Zulu with Tobbie McGuire. smh

They better not ? w the goat Henri Cele
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    YunnSanco wrote: »
    All these actors with money, all of these blacks with deep pockets and they can't get together to make films my G? ? whoever try to stop it. They want to shun us out. ? it then let's go to WAR!! DA ? I look like? Mannnee I can't wait to be rich. The way IMA make moves ,these whites in power gone love to gate ah ?

It's not that simple dude. It's not too many blacks with deep money. This movie alone cost a quarter of a billion dollars to make. How many ? you know with a quarter of a billion dollars to blow on a not so sure investment. A lot of movies flop dog, ain't no guarantee. Big production company like the Weinsteins, Disney,etc can afford that ? because they have their pockets in everything. Will Smith, Denzel, etc are baby money compared to them.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $_35.JPG

they somehow managed to make this shaka zulu film a white love story

a film about Zulu, slave trade and Africa was somehow transformed into a craka lovestory
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's not that simple dude. It's not too many blacks with deep money. This movie alone cost a quarter of a billion dollars to make. How many ? you know with a quarter of a billion dollars to blow on a not so sure investment. A lot of movies flop dog, ain't no guarantee. Big production company like the Weinsteins, Disney,etc can afford that ? because they have their pockets in everything. Will Smith, Denzel, etc are baby money compared to them.

That and plus most of these ? would rather bootleg ? .
  • God_Yunn
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »

The first season of Game of Thrones cost $60 million to produce
    300 cost $65 million to produce
    Spartacus cost $2 million per episode to produce (13 episodes, between $20-$30 million)

I know I could find a bunch of other action flicks produced on "cheap" budgets but, you get the point. These nikkas don't want to make black movies. They have no interest in it. They could easily a movie or a tv series on Ancient Egypt, the Moors or Ancient Mali. Hannibal and the Punic Wars would be cool too. Until we tell our own stories, our history will always get whitewashed. Problem is, you gotta put up or shut up because nobody is gonna finance a black movie.

Yeah I was going to say this. You don't need a Michael Bay type budget to make a decent movie.

Denzel and will Smith ain't the only niggahs with money. And it doesn't have to be just actors and actresses who invest in production of a movie or TV show.

Bruh you could literally start a funding and have everyone chip in what they can and get it Rollin.

Then all you have to worry about is getting a greenlight. Which is difficult but not impossible.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last Airbender. Not one ? damn Asian in sight. Them ? was in China for ? sakes. smh

Dont forget about the last samurai they had tom hanks play an asain charciter.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    6 pages of young ass ? gossiping about a old ass white man who was around the jim crow days...

hot damn you ? need to go outside, ? some ? and not give a ? ...
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last Airbender. Not one ? damn Asian in sight. Them ? was in China for ? sakes. smh

tom cruise bro, played an American soldier that got taken by ken watanabe's samurai crew. Is actually a great watch/epic movie about the fall of the samurai
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »

The first season of Game of Thrones cost $60 million to produce
    300 cost $65 million to produce
    Spartacus cost $2 million per episode to produce (13 episodes, between $20-$30 million)

I know I could find a bunch of other action flicks produced on "cheap" budgets but, you get the point. These nikkas don't want to make black movies. They have no interest in it. They could easily a movie or a tv series on Ancient Egypt, the Moors or Ancient Mali. Hannibal and the Punic Wars would be cool too. Until we tell our own stories, our history will always get whitewashed. Problem is, you gotta put up or shut up because nobody is gonna finance a black movie.

Yeah I was going to say this. You don't need a Michael Bay type budget to make a decent movie.

Denzel and will Smith ain't the only niggahs with money. And it doesn't have to be just actors and actresses who invest in production of a movie or TV show.

Bruh you could literally start a funding and have everyone chip in what they can and get it Rollin.

Then all you have to worry about is getting a greenlight. Which is difficult but not impossible.

kickstarter maaaaayne

a movie with will smith in the lead will do numbers.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's alright,we got Black Jesus to save us
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you know it's bad when you can openly and blatantly deny recorded history.... I blame common core... Egypt has never been white. If you claim Egyptians as white, you needa claim all of the 9/11 hijackers as white.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Honestly...I'm still shocked that we are getting a BLACK PANTHER movie

Panther1995_movie_poster.JPG

Directed by Mario Van Peebles in 1995..

Baadasssss!_Poster.JPG

Also directed this in 2003; the making of his father's film in the early 70s

If there's currently a filmmaker Black folk can readily rely on to make movies on Black history with mega budgets, he'll get my vote..
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tom Cruise was in The Last Samurai. Tom Hanks starred in The Last ? on Earth

Paul Mooney was the realest for that! "The Mexican starring Brad Pitt, The Last Samurai starring Tom Cruise, The Last ? Alive starring Tom Hanks!!!"

Yall asking questions about wealthy blacks not coming together and funding movies but yall already know the damn answers. They have the money but not the power to keep their money. Most wealthy blacks in this country money is tied in some way to white people making more money off them than the black person makes off themselves. These black people already know, been told, seen or all 3 that their gravy train will be cut off if they try to do empowering things for other black people in america.

Think about it Oprah from chicago why would she build a school in Africa before she put one in chicago? Having foundations in your local city/state isn't seen as a threat. But a collective national black controlled and funded movement is a threat that will be shut down. The naacp and a few other civil rights organizations have been put on blast for taking money from conservative gop groups to push their agenda. Those groups have been sold out and been under the control of white people which why they are still around.

They have big money and no power which is why we don't get these movies. They know they can be made broke or have their life snatched if they go against that white machine. That is one of the many reasons we don't get Nat Turner and Hati revolution movies.

If wealthy black people were really and truly for the betterment of ALL black people then groups and organizations like the boule and jack & jill wouldn't exsist.