Rupert Murdoch Defends Exodus Movie Cast: ‘Since When Are Egyptians Not White?

Options

Comments

• BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Some ? that tripped me out and really opened my eyes to how ingrained white supremacy and eurocentricism is in this world is the fact that we are subtly indoctrinated with it starting in Pre-school and kindergarten. Think of a Globe or world map and how it looks:

globe-map-blue-hi.png

There's absolutely NO scientific basis for Europe to be on top of the map. There is no up or down in Space. When astronaughts got to space and looked at Earth for the first time and took pictures, this is what they saw:

599px-Apollo17WorldReversed.jpg

The world with AFRICA on top. Before NASA released this to the public they flipped it so that Europe was on top, as is traditional orientation of the world. That subtle bit right there demonstrates how deep it is.

Literally Never thought about it this way before..
    GREATEST OF ALL ? TIME Realization / Perspective.

Funny as the original Australians were not white but I bet he thinks whites are original Australians

While they continue to commit atrocities against Aboriginals.. Seriously, ? White people.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some ? that tripped me out and really opened my eyes to how ingrained white supremacy and eurocentricism is in this world is the fact that we are subtly indoctrinated with it starting in Pre-school and kindergarten. Think of a Globe or world map and how it looks:

globe-map-blue-hi.png

There's absolutely NO scientific basis for Europe to be on top of the map. There is no up or down in Space. When astronaughts got to space and looked at Earth for the first time and took pictures, this is what they saw:

The world with AFRICA on top. Before NASA released this to the public they flipped it so that Europe was on top, as is traditional orientation of the world. That subtle bit right there demonstrates how deep it is.

well dont you think its understandable that europeans put europe at the center of the world if they came from there?
    wouldnt chinese or indians do the same?
    and how would you know that the space picture was flipped before being released to the public?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jackson got it right w his cast for Remember the Time.

Wonder if he was alive, would he be able to fund a movie that gives a true, historical look to what Egypt actually was.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    well dont you think its understandable that europeans put europe at the center of the world if they came from there?

Hence Eurocentricism ingrained in us beginning in Kindergarten and Pre-School. The Chinese and Indians use the same map as the rest of the world (the map with North as up and Europe on top).
    and how would you know that the space picture was flipped before being released to the public?
    (The true camera image is upside-down by earthly standards, showing the South Pole at the top of the globe, because the camera was held by a weightless man who didn't know down from up. Most reproductions invert it to align with our expectations.)

Source: The Atlantic - The Blue Marble Shot: Our First Complete Photograph of Earth
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

globe-map-blue-hi.png

Makes sense. I always wonder why lower egypt Was untop of upper egypt.
    Same with california north cali is the bay while south cal is untop of north cal.

We looking @ the world upside down.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

globe-map-blue-hi.png

Same with california north cali is the bay while south cal is untop of north cal.

Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif
    Yea u right
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

globe-map-blue-hi.png

Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif
    Yea u right

No you wrong. Southern cali is San Diego/LA...south of the bay.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hence Eurocentricism ingrained in us beginning in Kindergarten and Pre-School. The Chinese and Indians use the same map as the rest of the world (the map with North as up and Europe on top).
    (The true camera image is upside-down by earthly standards, showing the South Pole at the top of the globe, because the camera was held by a weightless man who didn't know down from up. Most reproductions invert it to align with our expectations.)

Source: The Atlantic - The Blue Marble Shot: Our First Complete Photograph of Earth

well still all you see on the picture is africa, madagascar and the middle east.
    dont matter which way the picture is you dont even see europe on that pic.
    i really dont see the problem here
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    BEAM wrote: »
    People don't really see why it's so important that we understand that the Egyptians weren't white or semitic or any middle eastern but black african because the truth of the matter it will raise racial pride and social pride and etc. It will eliminate the ignorance that blacks cannot create a advance society let alone be the prominent figures in civilization. It will show how weak racism truly is and how it is irrational.

Egyptians weren't the only / greatest African Empire tho, btw; Just the one we can recognize most readily.

Cosign, You never, ever, ever, hear mention of the Mali empire, or Kingdom of Ghana, etc unless you're taking a college world history course that isn't ? .

I do all the time *shrug* or anyone who watched hidden colors series
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The funny thing is Rupert Murdoch is Australian and he probably can't wrap his fat, bloated racist head around the fact that just under 400 years ago if you were Australian that would mean you were black and not a devilish european ? cracka.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »

This the scene they're talking about in Hidden Colors
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as the white people say, "what a ? bag"
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ridiculous. Its like making a movie about the ancient ming dynasty and using an all jewish cast or making a movie about king arthur and using an all asian cast. Imagine what white ppl would say if they made a movie about michael angelo and jet lei was cast as the lead actor. Lol at these devils and their stupidity
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whites are on blogs defending what he said. Theres whites among us that think Europeans were actually african kings and Queens and the only role we had in our on continent was as of slaves and servants. Their only proof is that Europeans visited Egypt (so that must mean they ruled over all of Egypt)

King tuts tomb
    king-tut-tomb-replica-egypt-72675-600x450.jpg

http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/10/25/10-arguments-that-proves-ancient-egyptians-were-black/

tumblr_m7ipx8MwTc1qd9486o1_500.jpg
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    "Egyptians were far from black, they treated blacks as slaves"

first of all you just kind of admitted there were black Egyptians if there were Egyptian black slaves....Egyptians cant be "far from black" and have black Egyptian slaves at the same time...its like saying Americans are far from black but they had black slaves.

also slavery in ancient world wasnt dependent upon skin color....black wasnt a thing or a concept in ancient Africa

and how do these cacs just ignore Kush and the paintings and how they depict themselves in drawings and sculptures?

these ? actually think they lived in the desert with pale skin

Not only were they in the desert, but they barely wore any clothes. That sure is a special breed of white, considering that I've seen caucs skin boil in a t shirt and pants in weather that is nothing Like the sahara lol.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember being in Okinawa and it was like 75 degrees out and the white folk were having sun burns like crazy. I heard in Baghdad they were burning the ? up and having spots all over.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whites arrent ? thats why they have to lie about history. The deeper you dig in history the blacker it gets. We are the supreme race
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    These ? actually think they lived in the desert with pale skin

• 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Smith attempted to fund a movie about an Egyptian Pharaoh featuring a predominantly black cast and was shut down. Its just our reality, we live in the helm of white zion, the media and all entertainment is for them