Street Fighter V dropping exclusively on PS4 & PC

Options

Comments

• vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Daigo & Momochi GF was maybe the greatest GF I've ever seen in SFIV

I know that sounds like a bit of an exaggeration, and maybe I'll feel differently in the future, but that was ? amazing
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea that Daigo vs Momochi match was amazing

the match when they met in top 16 was crazy too
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Street Fighter V will be playable at CEO this year
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I know that sounds like a bit of an exaggeration, and maybe I'll feel differently in the future, but that was ? amazing

The momochi & daigo fights from the beginning of SF4, even before the console release, we're just as intense. No where near as technical because the meta game had yet to develop, but they were good.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »

The momochi & daigo fights from the beginning of SF4, even before the console release, we're just as intense. No where near as technical because the meta game had yet to develop, but they were good.

Yea they were rare because momochi wasn't really known at the time but his Akuma was one of the first I saw give daigo trouble back in vanilla

Daigos old training partner Iyo used to beat him too with dhalsim last I saw him he was playing ibuki but I think he retired
  • thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Fei Long in the game?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Fei Long in the game?

he most likely will be
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Street Fighter 5 V-Trigger activates with damage, new defensive mechanic 'V-Skill' detailed; game released in March 2016 & new stage confirmed

10_sf5trigger.jpg

In the latest issue of ShortList.com's gaming magazine, an article that provides some juicy details on Street Fighter 5 was featured.

We learn that moves such as Nash's teleport and Chun-Li's double fireball can be used while V-Trigger is activated. In order to do so, players must fill up their V-Gauge by taking damage.

Additionally, we learn of a new mechanic called "V-Skill." This is a defensive mechanic that allows for characters like Ryu to parry and M. Bison to reflect fireballs. While information on V-Skill is scarce, we're guessing it also utilizes the V-Gauge.

10_vtriggersfv01.jpg

Hit the jump to read more new information on Street Fighter 5.

We have also learned that what many have been referring to as "Ultras" in the game are actually called Critical Arts. These are flashy, cinematic attacks that can be activated by using your full EX meter.

Lastly, a new stage has been confirmed. The article notes that the China stage was shown along with a new stage: London. Specifically, the stage is called "King's Cross Station."

It has been confirmed that Street Fighter 5 will be released on PlayStation 4 and PC in March 2016.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Capcom's own Yoshinori Ono is at it again.

This morning, the Street Fighter producer took to Twitter to hint at what could be the next reveal for the upcoming PS4/PC exclusive fighting title -- Street Fighter 5.

Ono's tweet included an image that grants a look at part of SF5 screenshot. In it, we see Ryu's foot standing next to a banana peel. Right off the bat, most fans are suspecting this could mean the inclusion of Blanka, Ono's favorite character. Blanka is the first and possibly only character that comes to mind who tosses a banana peel in-game.

Blanka in Street Fighter 5? image #1
    Click images for larger versions
    It is entirely possible that this hint isn't a character reveal at all and is maybe a stage interaction of sorts. However, with E3 rolling around next week, there's a good chance it's something larger.

Ono also mentions that a Street Fighter 5 announcement is coming soon. Check out the tweet after the jump.

We'll post something news for SFV in soon... I can't put up with it... ;P http://t.co/DmfMeJQosX
    — Yoshinori Ono (@Yoshi_OnoChin) June 10, 2015

What do you think Ono is hinting at here

10_sf5banana01.jpg
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    V-Skill sounds really stupid
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why you say that? For Ryu, it's a parry. For Bison, it's a projectile reflecter. What's so stupid about that?
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let's wait to see the full implementation before we cast stones. I like that it's different for everyone.

I like how capcom is keeping up the streak of innovation with each title.

Only thing I kind of dislike is that the artistic style is pretty similar to 4.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »

Let's wait to see the full implementation before we cast stones. I like that it's different for everyone.

I like how capcom is keeping up the streak of innovation with each title.

Only thing I kind of dislike is that the artistic style is pretty similar to 4.

I'm not a big fan of it either, but it is distinctive.

Edit: After seeing the newest pics, I don't really think it looks as much like 4 as people are saying. I mean the style is definitely similar, but it's much cleaner and the characters look a lot less goofy.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/jun/10/new-images-street-fighter-5-reveal-stun-gauge-updated-ui-character-art-and-show-london-stage/

11_sf5london08.jpg

11_sf5london09.jpg

11_sf5london15.jpg

New Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeqCrpHlqQg
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hate the artstyle. Way too close to IV, which, lets be honest, was never a looker anyway. Even the gameplay. The new systems could be fine, but cant believe how similar it all still looks to a game released in 2008...and re released every year since. Just seems lazy and uninspired.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4 looked horrible graphics wise...I dig the screenshots the monk posted though, I hope they dont make it to ? colourful again and go back to character themed stages...bring back the gritty/sinister but also diverse stages from back in the dreamcast sf days lol.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will the london stage have the true love we makin?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-_unC-g_rY
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SV look nothing like 4 also you can count on Capcom to always create something unique.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After reading up some more, the systems between 4 and 5 are very different, thats true. They will play very differently. But they look almost identical, there's simply no denying that. They played it very cheap safe in terms of artstyle. After releasing soooo many versions of 4 they have it down to a science. Probably using the same engine.
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game looks really good and the new mechanics sound dope. With that said, I still have a problem with them not being able to transition through rounds smoothly like how MK does. After round 1 I want to see the beaten character getup and maybe wipe themselves off in preparation for round 2. That would be sick.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    looks a little faster than before
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Game looks really good and the new mechanics sound dope. With that said, I still have a problem with them not being able to transition through rounds smoothly like how MK does. After round 1 I want to see the beaten character getup and maybe wipe themselves off in preparation for round 2. That would be sick.

Yeah, it's interesting they never implemented that in SF since Capcom has been doing that in games since way back with Darkstalkers. I guess they just like the transitions. It's probably not something ever brought up even though I'm betting everyone would like to see that change made.
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rumor is that birdie and cammy are the new characters.