Street Fighter V dropping exclusively on PS4 & PC

Options

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    28_giantfireball.jpg

Ryu has a 'giant fireball' move in Street Fighter 5... could this be the Denjin Hadouken?

28_sf5.jpg

As the initial Street Fighter 5 gameplay trailer was about to come to a close, Ryu can be seen performing what appears to be his Denjin Hadouken Super Art from SF3: 3rd Strike -- but the trailer cuts to black before we're able to see for ourselves how the move works.

Subsequently, at Capcom Cup 2014 even though there was both a new updated gameplay trailer for Street Fighter 5, as well as a live stage demonstration of a demo build, we did not get to see the Denjin Hadouken at all -- although Mike Ross did manage to perform a Shinkuu Hadouken.

How exactly is the Denjin Hadouken different from the Shinkuu Hadouken in Street Fighter 5? Thanks to the pages of Weekly Famitsu magazine two weeks ago, we just may have the answer to that question.

The Famitsu feature on Street Fighter 5 two weeks ago (this is the same issue from which we learnt that SF5 is currently 20% complete) was mostly a summary of information that we already knew about the game.

The accompanying screenshots for the two-page feature were mostly on details we've seen before, too -- except for one brand new screenshot that shows what appears to be a giant fireball.

Could this very well be Ryu's Denjin Hadouken? Note that the size of the fireball is so huge that it has practically engulfed Chun-Li completely, looking a little like her Kikosho move in the Marvel vs. Capcom series.

If it is indeed the Denjin Hadouken, what I find incredibly curious about this screenshot is that it appears that the move does not require EX bars to perform -- take a look at Ryu's EX meter. It's fully charged up.

That fits perfectly with VesperArcade's observation that Ryu's powered-up mode ends the moment he throws out the fireball, It is looking more and more like the Denjin Hadouken is essentially a powered-up form of Shinkuu Hadouken.

But how will the two fireball moves differ? Are there any further clues in this screenshot?
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I'm literally crying right now. I finally get into street fighter and they do this to me. They treated me like a one night stand

Last Gen Arcade sticks don't work on the new consoles anyway, gonna have to buy another 200 dollar accessory smh

Get ya last gen stick modded?
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2015
    Options
    GTariq wrote: »
    I'm literally crying right now. I finally get into street fighter and they do this to me. They treated me like a one night stand

Last Gen Arcade sticks don't work on the new consoles anyway, gonna have to buy another 200 dollar accessory smh

where? I only saw someone doing it at a tourney once when I traveled

Id do it myself if it doesnt involve soldering
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTariq wrote: »

where? I only saw someone doing it at a tourney once when I traveled

Id do it myself if it doesnt involve soldering

My guy here in DMV modded my Strekken VS Pro. He said he can do the PS4 but it's safer if you bring ya own pad for wiring purposes. I'm a have him do mine for 4 when I finally get it. He also takes off the price of the pad to do ya stick since that's not a cost he had to incur.

• Bcotton5
    Options
    Daigo agrees, Im sure hes actually played the game though
    it looks slow kinda like sf x tekken I know its pre-alpha build though

Daigo: Street Fighter 5's pace is currently too slow; feels that fighting games should limit number of possible blocks, techs, and reduce time limit

02_SF5slow.jpg
    Beast Note -- a Daigo Umehara fan website that tracks and covers events Umehara attends -- has posted the gist of The Beast's initial reactions to SF5 at Niconico's recent "Challenge Umehara" event.

His main point: The game is too slow! People find enjoyment in pushing buttons and getting rewarded for doing so. While defense is necessary, it's not what most people look forward to doing when they sit down to play.

It appears as though, in the current build, SF5 features a lot of sitting in block stun. Much of a player's time is spent waiting for their opponent to finish out their long, offensive sequences.

'As a result, a game is less fun if it promotes defensive play style–because they are given less time to push buttons.' Daigo did not simply state that the game was too slow and then walk away without a potential solution however. Hit the jump to see what he proposed...

'He suggested that a fighting game should promote play-making, for example, by limiting how many times you can block (10 times) or escape a throw (5 times) and reducing timer from 99 seconds to 40-50 seconds per round.'

These are pretty drastic changes to what we've recently become accustomed to in the Street Fighter realm. With regards to SF4, many times we've heard 'now they just have to do nothing' or 'if they just down back for the rest of the round they'll win.'

'Umehara feels that the game's pace is too slow, as there was nothing else to do during the long block stun. He suggested that players should be able to perform something, not just waiting for the sequence to finish. He understands that it is still in development, but warned that Capcom definitely does not want to launch the game without some tweaks.'

Daigo is obviously a credible source when it comes to fighting games, but still we want to know what you think! Do you agree that SF5 should be faster-paced and heavily favor the aggressor?

Source: Beast Note. Photo source: Karaface.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The game is very early in development. There is a phase where they let pros test it and give insight. It hasn't even made it to that point yet, so these concerns are premature.
  • BamBamMr7Gram
    BamBamMr7Gram Members Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Use to ? ? with akuma
  • Bcotton5
    Options

Daigo using Ryu vs Gamerbee Chun Li

31_sf5tpgs.jpg

We're reporting to you live from the Taipei Game Show from the Taipei World Trade Center today. Moments ago, the Capcom Street Fighter 5 and Monster Hunter stage event at the Sony PlayStation booth here just concluded.

As you may have realized by now, the entire presentation was only meant for the eyes of those in attendance, and the stage event could not be live streamed to the rest of the world who couldn't be there; it's not just Capcom's stage event -- everything that was shown on the PlayStation stage at Taipei Game Show (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven, Sword Art Online: Lost Song, Metal Gear Solid V, etc) could not be streamed.

So we're bringing you the next best thing to a live stream -- we've got footage of the MCZ|Daigo (Ryu) vs. AVM|GamerBee (Chun-Li) exhibition, and we're pulling all the stops to bring you this footage as quickly as we can after the fact.

Check out the exhibition match below -- and watch out for the moment when GamerBee pulls out an Omega Chun-Li from out of nowhere.

Then check back on EventHubs later in the day to find out more about what was said during the stage show, and in our interview with Capcom's Yoshinori Ono on the subject of Street Fighter 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FzwZdp7QJI0
  • Bcotton5
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Everybody is calling for them to speed the game up, and I can agree that's probably something they need to do. I just hope they don't do it at the expense of those animations because they are dope.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Street Fighter 5: 'Capcom is committed to growing the community and giving the tournament players a real incentive to push the game further'

10_sfvplay2.jpg

Play Magazine -- a UK-based video game publication -- released their latest issue last week with an exclusive feature on Capcom's upcoming fighting juggernaut, Street Fighter 5.

In this issue, Play caught up with Capcom UK's new community manager, Matt Edwards, to discuss the fifth numerical entry in the Street Fighter franchise. While much of the piece recapped most of the information we already know about Street Fighter 5, there were a number of very interesting bits of information regarding Capcom's plans and thought process behind the game's potential success.

The company behind our beloved fighting franchise has made it clear that one of their main focuses with Street Fighter 5 is the tournament scene. "Capcom is committed to growing the community and giving the tournament players a real incentive to push the game further," Edwards states outright.

Continue reading to learn about how Capcom is aiming to do exactly that.

Edwards goes on to explain that the current-gen Street Fighter community is heavily divided due to the three platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. While having a number of options for players to compete on is great, this isn't exactly ideal for tournament organizers. Typically, events feature a fighting game on only one of the three consoles, and this can make competitors who primarily play on the others feel uncomfortable.

Because of this, Capcom decided to partner with Sony and make Street Fighter 5 a PlayStation 4/PC exclusive. They've also announced that the game will support cross-play, allowing fighters on both platforms to do battle with one another.

With this console exclusivity, Capcom is also looking to unify the online community and make it less fragmented. "If you're [top on one system] you won't have to check another leaderboard to see if you're really at the top of the table."

Ranked-monsters should be fairly pleased with this information, as there will be one definitive leaderboard proving who is the best of the best in Street Fighter 5.

With Capcom aiming to be heavily involved in the tournament scene going forward, some may worry about a potential shift in how the fighting game community operates. But never fear my FGC family, they're not looking to wipe out our grassroots, but rather, help us soar to greater heights.

"Capcom doesn't so much want to take charge of the Street Fighter community as it wants to build a bigger stage for it to thrive on," Edwards explained.

You can check out the entire article by purchasing the latest issue of Play Magazine.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bazz-B wrote: »
    how much pp you have @bcotton5?

NH
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New trailer looks alot better than the reveal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWyyUsKCFZY
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cyborg Charlie. Never really paid much attention to street fighters story since it never made sense but what's the word on his appearance?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Cyborg Charlie. Never really paid much attention to street fighters story since it never made sense but what's the word on his appearance?

hes shadow, hes been in other games Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom 1
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    1st gameplay footage of Charlie Nash in Street Fighter 5; plans for an online beta program also announced

24_1stcharlie.jpg

Saying anything more would be spoiling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JT-IvFkUhA&feature=player_embedded

You've been waiting for this for a while now; check out the new trailer below, and make sure to watch the whole thing because Capcom is also teasing the return of another classic character in Street Fighter 5.

Other than the new gameplay footage, Capcom has also announced plans to launch an ambitious Street Fighter 5 online beta program on both PS4 and PC. The objective of these tests is to collect feedback from the fanbase so as to ensure that SF5 is the best iteration of the Capcom fighter yet.

In North America, gamers who pre-order a copy of the game will automatically be enrolled into the online beta program. Details on the when and the how will be unveiled at a later date. A similar online beta program is also slated to be carried out over in Europe.
    For more information on Charlie's reappearance in Street Fighter 5, check out Peter 'Combofiend' Rosas's Capcom Unity blog post over here.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/02/24/announcing-the-return-of-nash-and-the-street-fighter-v-online-beta-program
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    wtf he looks like he plays like Seth or some ? with the teleporting behind fireballs and ? , don't look like Charlie to me

Hey everyone!

We are happy to announce two huge pieces of news for the upcoming Street Fighter V… the return of Nash, and the online beta program!

Charlie Nash has been a fan favorite character in the Street Fighter series for years and finally makes his comeback in Street Fighter V, although noticeably a little... different. For those who are unfamiliar with him, continue on for a quick history lesson.

812d6c24b558443c15b5a9f43ef28933.png?v=132495

First mentioned in Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (1991) by Guile during his quest for revenge; Nash was a lieutenant in the U.S. Air Force and one of Guile’s best friends. Although it was hinted that M.Bison was involved in Charlie’s disappearance in the past, it was never really fully explained...

a31c62c31a14be5e2dc80ed872773d6a.png?v=185850

...Until the Street Fighter Alpha series that is. In Street Fighter Alpha II (1996) we see firsthand that a helicopter controlled by M.Bison’s forces make quick work of Nash as M.Bison gets away. Initially presumed to be dead by both friends and foes alike, Nash’s return shows that his story is far from over.

While the mysteries surrounding his return will become clear later on, for now we’re pleased to announce that the originator of the Sonic Boom is back with quite a few new tricks that you can see in the photos below.

3c9aea6f9bca5ff4d19cfb4e50d73f00.jpg?v=202200
    Nash takes to the air and comes down toward the opponents with a sharp flip kick.

ad0cd1c1cb4d0f8ea2bb24b64e303cf4.jpg?v=202200

Nash grabs the opponent and slams them to the ground before infusing their face with more force than he uses to throw a sonic boom.
    beda23d4f41aa9dc6d0e8f61b581ca9e.jpg?v=202200

Nash slices through the air with a sharp kick that knocks the opponent away!

What is Nash’s goal in SFV? You will have to wait and see.

The second piece of news is perhaps the most exciting of all. Also announced today, we will be performing the largest and most ambitious online beta program in franchise history with Street Fighter V on PS4 and PC! These tests will be essential to collect your feedback and to ensure that Street Fighter V is the best iteration yet. In North America, players who pre-order the game will automatically be enrolled into the beta program.

More details, including timing on the beta program will be revealed in the future so stay tuned for updates. Until then, SONIC BOOM!

2cb810834afc4af562806e80a9bbe1e1.jpg?v=202200
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    it does look slightly faster , still don't like the long SF X Tekken like hit stun though, they changed the graphics to looks more like SF4 for some reason I thought they were fine

and Ryu got his "normal" C MK back instead of the SF3 version

ITAumly.gif

klqQ8e0.jpg
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    He looks like a SF style version of Wesker moreso than Seth. I don't like the changes they made to the graphics though. The less cartoony coloring was nice.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? ain't Charlie
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he's gonna be more used to death than saberwulf
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The old artstyle looks better in pictures, but the new one looks better in motion.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    They also showed Bison in the trailer not a big surprise reveal but its interesting since the Illuminati from SF3 with Gill and Urien and them might be in this
  • Bcotton5
    edited February 2015
    Options