Options
    Bazz-B wrote: »
    how much pp you have @bcotton5?

0 pp and 0 bp lol
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Sion gonna stop talking all that ? when I shoryuken his kufi back to Winnipeg Canada, eh?

He's from Toronto you idiot.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would Sony wake this sleeping giant tho? They don't want to get into game franchise bidding wars with M$, it won't end well.

WVfJIT9.png
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would love to see a new banjo
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • Melqart
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of interesting stuff in that video. It seems like different characters have different lengths for their super meters. The Revenge meter works just like the Ultra meter from IV, but it seems to do the Super moves instead of Ultras unless they just shuffled the moves around.

I like what they've done with the animations though. Ryu's attacks seem much more substantive than in any other game.
  • Melqart
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A lot of interesting stuff in that video. It seems like different characters have different lengths for their super meters. The Revenge meter works just like the Ultra meter from IV, but it seems to do the Super moves instead of Ultras unless they just shuffled the moves around.

I like what they've done with the animations though. Ryu's attacks seem much more substantive than in any other game.

If you notice, in the match ryu does a shinkuu hadoken with just the revenge meter.

whenever he uses the electric mode his moves guard break. So it seems to me he has to be in the electric mode, then use the revenge meter for the Denjin hadoken which means it's probably more powerful and unblockable like it's predecessors.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meroe wrote: »
    New trailer for SFV

http://youtu.be/Ay-IUE6WlAo

Look like Charlie/shadow at the end
  • Melqart
    Options
    Meroe wrote: »
    New trailer for SFV

http://youtu.be/Ay-IUE6WlAo

Look like Charlie/shadow at the end

Yep. It also looks like SF3's Illuminati is returning. Because that third eye gem is the same as Uriens and Gills. So either he's. Ressurected by them or mind controlled.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ the noodle bowl staying on her head
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    it looks slow kinda like sf x tekken I know its pre-alpha build though
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

I thought the same thing too, ryu looked mad slow
  • Bcotton5
    Options

I don't want another game with long hit stun and easy mode combos like umvc3 and sf x tekken
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I don't want another game with long hit stun and easy mode combos like umvc3 and sf x tekken

The only time there was ridiculously long hit stun was after Counters and after Ryu initiated his "lightning mode." So it's definitely nothing comparable to UMvC3. Here's a pretty good breakdown of the match by L.I. Joe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVeKxgZReGo
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Ultra SF4 big update dropping tomorrow, cant wait just in time for finals week lol

I wont even be playing my PS4 over break lol
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Street Fighter 5 will run on Unreal Engine 4 – Capcom press release reveals a partnership with Epic Games

18_sf5unreal2.jpg

Capcom announced today in a press release that it has partnered with Epic Games to develop Street Fighter V on Unreal Engine 4. This is a major change from Street Fighter 4's engine, which was designed from the ground up by Dimps.

Does the announcement sound familiar? That's because Tekken 7 will also be running on the same engine.

Read below to find out the reason behind the new partnership between Epic Games and Capcom.

“Our goal with the next generation of Street Fighter is to take our beloved fighting game franchise and bring it to our fans in the best way possible,” said Bochan Kim, Producer, Capcom. “In order to fully deliver on that promise, we know we have to incorporate the latest and greatest technology available, which is why we partnered with Epic Games to power Street Fighter V using Unreal Engine 4.”

Taka Kawasaki, Territory Manager of Epic Games Japan, also explained his reasons for teaming up with Capcom. “I have been a very loyal fan of this historic franchise since the debut of the first Street Fighter in 1987. This opportunity to help the development team using Unreal Engine 4 for the new title is a great honor for Epic, and I couldn’t be more proud. We know that the expectation level of fans is extremely high, so the support staff of both Epic Japan and Epic HQ have been providing dedicated support to help the team realize the very best performance from Unreal Engine 4 and deliver the highest quality experience to players.”

What do you think about the change? Do you believe it will improve and speed up development time on the newest iteration of the beloved franchise? Sound off in the comments below.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Street Fighter 5's release in 2015 looking increasingly slim, game only 20% complete, and EX move inputs confirmed

18_sf5release.jpg

The rumors that Street Fighter 5 will be a 2016 release are starting to seem increasingly true (though by no means confirmed). Not only has Amazon listed the game for a 2016 launch, but a recent two-page feature in Famitsu further sheds some light on a possible release date along with the development process.

Read below to find out Ayano's statements and a confirmation on how EX moves will be performed in the newest Street Fighter.

Ayano revealed that development of Street Fighter 5 is only 20% complete. "Finally, development on Street Fighter 5 has began! We're currently in the process of figuring out battle mechanics that will satisfy both fans of the Street Fighter 4 series, as well as first-time players. Please look forward to it!" Capcom's Assistant Producer said.

Furthermore, he mentioned that he wanted to further hype Street Fighter 5 in the coming year. For those hopeful of playing the title in 2015, this might prove somewhat disappointing; however, please remember that no release date has been confirmed by Capcom.

While most of the information on the game remained a recap, the interview did confirm that EX moves would still be performed using two buttons of the same type. "The fundamental moves won't change. As with past installments, you will be able to perform EX versions of special moves by hitting two buttons simultaneously. But with that said, we'll also be adding new moves," stated Yoshinori Ono.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    i hope they intruduce some new fight mechanics and controll setup. they been using the same hyper combo system since street fighter II turbo hyper fighting just giving it a different name with every new version. im interested though.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Figures on the release date. They already have USF4 dropping in the spring.
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »
    i hope they intruduce some new fight mechanics and controll setup. they been using the same hyper combo system since street fighter II turbo hyper fighting just giving it a different name with every new version. im interested though.

That's what make sf easy to get into. Keep control setup the same. Either you a charge character, a 360 character or a shoto. Keep it as it is, I don't need no mk control setup.

New fight mechanics be in every sf game
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »

Hyper combo system? What exactly are you talking about? You can't talking about the Supers because those have change in every major iteration of SF. You can't be talking about the general combo system because those have changed from iteration to iteration.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I will use n64, xbox, and sony controllers on my PC and enjoy these free games like I've been doing. ? a system.