Options
    Man ? them cops....
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    . . . Folks are Definitely Choosing Sides .
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Shouldnt take a death for ? like this to happen.

It didn't. Yankees have been doing this.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sooooo ESPN is gonna keep mum about Ed Werder's tweets?

Ed-Werder.jpg
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    Is the media mentioning his apparent depression and mental issues like they do with white suspects? Rhetorical question of course lol

Same thing I wanna know. This could've been an act of mental illness
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    It's a shame and tragic that 2 people lost their lives due to unnecessary violence.

But the same apathy that police figures applied to the death of Eric Garner could be applied here : "when you resist arrest, things happen".

Well when you terrorize a community and breed malcontent amongst the people you're supposed to be serving but instead are brutalizing, "things happen".

Police union head wants to blame everybody but their own culture and conducts for the deaths.

THANK YOU...
  • jono
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Sooooo ESPN is gonna keep mum about Ed Werder's tweets?

Ed-Werder.jpg

Who is this guy?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only feep bad for the kids of the cops
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    I only feep bad for the kids of the cops

? their kids.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im going to keep it short and sweet.

Revolution is never pretty and its not going to be pretty this time.

Choose a side now because its coming.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    king mocha wrote: »
    Bad cop after all....Screenshot_2014-12-21-17-35-01_zpsqs7mokdv.png

The moment when officer ramos has barely been with nypd for 2 years...maybe on his first day he decided to slam people heads...

Officer Ramos joined the NYPD just two years ago. Officer Liu was a seven-year veteran of the force who had gotten married two months ago
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the usual cooning, empathy, real ? being dropped, conspiracy theories and etc in this thread. I'll care when cops care about their victims. In other words Idgaf and it was bound to happen
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

The moment when officer ramos has barely been with nypd for 2 years...maybe on his first day he decided to slam people heads...

Officer Ramos joined the NYPD just two years ago. Officer Liu was a seven-year veteran of the force who had gotten married two months ago

The Internet is great
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I dont know, Max. If she's saying that I believe her, because some interactions with cops you just never forget. Til this day, I will never forget the voice of that cop shouting at me to just go in the store and get my juice and my hot chips. 12 years old and I can still hear that man's angry voice and he didnt even put his hands on me.
  • jono
    Options

KRSone.gif

cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im going to keep it short and sweet.

Revolution is never pretty and its not going to be pretty this time.

Choose a side now because its coming.

There is no such thing as a bloodless revolution.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I dont know, Max. If she's saying that I believe her, because some interactions with cops you just never forget. Til this day, I will never forget the voice of that cop shouting at me to just go in the store and get my juice and my hot chips. 12 years old and I can still hear that man's angry voice and he didnt even put his hands on me.

Could be true...or it could be someone tryna make him look like a ? cop...so its "karma" and he was one the "bad ones"

Theres also 20+ women who said that bill cosby ? /drugged them..he coulda been ? these broads or they lied tryna get cosbys $$$
  • DarcSkies
    Options

Just like I said earlier

THEY WERE GUILTY OF SOMETHING...
  • DarcSkies
    Options

Because police NEVER lie to excuse the murder of their victims.

You're expending a whole lot of energy co-signing hypocrisy. IF she's lying she is simply behaving like the police which society says is OK.

So it needs to be OK for her also. She's lying on this cop to ? his name after his death? Nothing copsand whites didnt do to Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown, Sean Bell, Eric Garner and countless others.

Not so great when it happens to you is it?
  • jono
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    +jono courts cant overturn white supremacy

Who said anything about that? You don't need friends, you need for your rights to be respected.
    Ugh, the quote system ? up . Anyway, @jono

You're giving the cops a ? ton of leeway here. So you think only the one officer should be held accountable? You don't think that once they saw the officer performing the illegal chokehold, they should have eased up and stopped him? Am I supposed to believe that not one officer knew that the move was illegal even though two of the officers were sergeants? And even if none of the number of people saw this and did nothing. The DA identified some of those people and charged them. I'm not exactly sure what he charged them with, but if that can happen to regular citizens, it should damn sure happen to cops.

You don't have time to argue tactics and once it's already in motion the best course of action is to end the situation. Pantelo (or whatever) would've let Garner go once Garner was under control, they knew that so they attempted to control the situation (which means suspect) at hand first then you can argue about tactics and look at what went wrong later. We don't have the luxury of knowing how conversations about lack of proper protocol go but I'm certain they don't happen on scene during a situation.

Stop it. You're acting like this was some special ops secret tactical mission, talking about "you don't have time to argue tactics" lol, stop it.
    An illegal chokehold was performed, numerous officers ganged up on a man who said he couldn’t breathe 11 times, they didn't let up once he was motionless and handcuffed. Those are indisputable facts.

Like I said, you really don't appear to hold cops to a very high standard.

Again so tell me how this should go. They say "hey, that's an illegal chokehold! Let this man loose!!" And they all pull him off Garner, Garner is loose now what? He's just going to be tackled again, Worst case scenario he gets free, is ? off and becomes capable of hurting someone else, they don't know if he's carrying a weapon or anything.

It's not rocket science or special ops but they aren't going to put themselves at risk

LMAO you sound like witness 40 right now.
    Because if a man has been choked for a significant amount of time and then the officers ease off him, he's going to find his magical ? powers and fight the cops on some hulk ? . Obviously he wouldn't be gasping for air, like, you know, a normal human being just released from a dangerous chokehold.

Lol, yeah okay.

I've seen it happen. There's nothing magical about it, I've literally seen one kid almost choked to death by another and when once separated even for a moment the roles reversed.

You hope things go one way but they don't always do so. You can't assume to know these things.