Changing America - What Does the Rise in Interracial Relationships Really Mean?

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    According to the results of both doll tests our children still see light skin as better. There is a serious problem with colorism amongst black people let's not fools ourselves.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    How is the amalgamation of Whites and Blacks not going to siphon some of that systemic power from the former group into the latter?

It eventually creates a new group that power does not transfer to black folk.

But you have no way of knowing this..you can't use south america as an example because the racial setup there is the way it is because of differences between how Spain colonized and how Britain colonized...

What's the historical precedence that supports what you're saying?

The cultural differences are not as vast as you are trying to make it seem both cultures have many things in common. One being hate of blacks already you have more Hispanics identifying as white. Right here in America during the early days of slavery and a little later on in some states mulattos were allowed to own full black slaves. If you don't believe me look it up .

All throughout slavery Blacks were allowed to own full black slaves and did up until the end of the Civil War. Blacks were even allowed to own white indentured services for a time. The bolded proves nothing.

But we've had this discussion on here before and we just fundamentally disagree on the outlook in that regard so we don't need to go further.

The vast vast vast majority of blacks that owned slaves were mullatos. Which proves that they won't be loyal to full blacks , when it suits their interests they won't give a ? about their black ancestry. Which is the historical precedent you asked me for.

We can't go further because your arguments against what I have said are hollow.

My argument is that you have no evidence to support your argument so it's purely speculative. That's far from hollow. The bolded is not true. The vast majority were not mullatos. If they were, give me a specific percentage and show me where you got that percentage from.
  • zombie
    Options
    How is the amalgamation of Whites and Blacks not going to siphon some of that systemic power from the former group into the latter?

But you have no way of knowing this..you can't use south america as an example because the racial setup there is the way it is because of differences between how Spain colonized and how Britain colonized...

The cultural differences are not as vast as you are trying to make it seem both cultures have many things in common. One being hate of blacks already you have more Hispanics identifying as white. Right here in America during the early days of slavery and a little later on in some states mulattos were allowed to own full black slaves. If you don't believe me look it up .

All throughout slavery Blacks were allowed to own full black slaves and did up until the end of the Civil War. Blacks were even allowed to own white indentured services for a time. The bolded proves nothing.

But we've had this discussion on here before and we just fundamentally disagree on the outlook in that regard so we don't need to go further.

The vast vast vast majority of blacks that owned slaves were mullatos. Which proves that they won't be loyal to full blacks , when it suits their interests they won't give a ? about their black ancestry. Which is the historical precedent you asked me for.

We can't go further because your arguments against what I have said are hollow.

My argument is that you have no evidence to support your argument so it's purely speculative. That's far from hollow. The bolded is not true. The vast majority were not mullatos. If they were, give me a specific percentage and show me where you got that percentage from.

Don't worry I'll give you some links very soon that will give credence what I said about the history of mullatos.
  • Stiff
    Options
    According to the results of both doll tests our children still see light skin as better. There is a serious problem with colorism amongst black people let's not fools ourselves.

With your own 2 eyes and based off of your own personal experiences how have you seen these results that you speak of translate into the real world?
  • zombie
    Options

With your own 2 eyes and based off of your own personal experiences how have you seen these results that you speak of translate into the real world?

You can't trust only your eyes. My eyes are limited to what i surround myself with. a better indicator of the truth is a scientific sociological study conducted by people who.

professionally study the mind and society
  • Stiff
    Options

You can't trust only your eyes. My eyes are limited to what i surround myself with. a better indicator of the truth is a scientific sociological study conducted by people who.

So you put more faith in a "study" than your own personal experiences?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Provided the study's methodology is not flawed doing the opposite is fallacious
  • Stiff
    Options

Provided the study's methodology is not flawed doing the opposite is fallacious

Bolded the key word for emphasis.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a mixed kid (black/mexican)and im pretty sure shes going to see herself as being black.shes only 1. I mean my baby mama wont even buy her a doll thats not black. She understands how i feel about my daughter understand shes black.

But i dont see anything wrong with having a interracial child. Its the black parents fault if they child doesnt understand black roots and traditions.

And none of u black militant ass ? is turning down a dime piece cause shes white. If u do then ur a ? . I understand being pro black and everything but i understand being a man first, and fat ass on any color is attractive to me
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    I have a mixed kid (black/mexican)and im pretty sure shes going to see herself as being black.shes only 1. I mean my baby mama wont even buy her a doll thats not black. She understands how i feel about my daughter understand shes black.

But i dont see anything wrong with having a interracial child. Its the black parents fault if they child doesnt understand black roots and traditions.

And none of u black militant ass ? is turning down a dime piece cause shes white. If u do then ur a ? . I understand being pro black and everything but i understand being a man first, and fat ass on any color is attractive to me

Every ? ain't enslaved by their ? .
    2. So there's no black mexicans???

3. Your post sound, as if you n your baby moms are not even together?
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

1.True but y turn ass down simple cause it aint the same color. I just dont get that logic

2. We r talking bout interracial dating. Last time i checked mexicans and blacks t two different race

3. We working on it
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Race mixing will not bring blacks into power all it does is create another racial group that will either be loyal to it's own interests or to whatever race is dominant. They will have no special love for black people.

Mixed people are not and will never be their own racial group in this country. How could you say this when the 1 drop rule is still very much alive and well?

The one drop rule is alive for now it will die and America will become very similar to the south American nations.

That's the same unfounded fear that far right extremists have. Why would racial relations come to that when the histories and racial makeups are so different between latin American nations and the U.S/Canada?

Dog the definitions of race is already changing. More people who would have identified as black a generation ago now identify as mixed race. And as more Hispanics flood the nation they are just going to bring that culture of ? dark skin people with them.

The writing is on the wall.

The census only just started adding mixed race as an option (in the 2000 census). On top of that, just because somebody checks a box on a questionnaire doesn't mean they renounce all or part of their heritage or don't identify with their Blackness.

And you're talking only 4% of the entire Black population even identifying as mixed race

Keep putting your head in the sand. In the next census watch that number double. Race mixing is destructive to the power of the black race it saps away out resources and long term adds to your continual servitude. North America is becoming like south America and many blacks cannot see it because you are blinded by ? .

Wake the ? up how many warnings are you ? going to need.

There's no evidence that suggests that North America is becoming like South America. Culturally the two are very different. Like I said, just because more people acknowledge a mixed ancestry doesn't mean that they're disregarding their Blackness.

There are too many real issues that face Black people to worry about hypothetical/imaginary ones.

There are millions of south Americans coming here they are bringing their culture with them. Adding to a culture in America that is already anti black to create a new culture that most likely will be just as racist if not more.

Race mixing is a condensation of many of the mental issues that black people have and is the ultimate sign of our problems. It's self hate, economically damaging, it feeds light skin vs dark skin divides. And it creates one less black family [/quote
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1.True but y turn ass down simple cause it aint the same color. I just dont get that logic

2. We r talking bout interracial dating. Last time i checked mexicans and blacks t two different race

3. We working on it

So at the moment, ya not even together. So, who's teaching ya daughter about her black heritage?
    I guess her black dolls...

2.what race do mexicans belong to ???

last i check, Mexican is an ethnicity.
    Mexicans consider themselves "mestizaje" a mix race culture.

Black Mexicans

l.jpg

mexicans.jpg

448c21ab9358e5731c61db893a58f06d.jpg

Since ya daughter is half Mexican, ima tell u this name , Vicente Guerrero he was the 2nd president of Mexico, and the leading General in the mexican revolution , and he was a black mexican... Teach that to your daughter.

11.jpg

image004.jpg
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am I dont like white people.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm Blacker than Dro
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only time a have an issue with a brother race mixing is when he assume role of the convert instead of his woman being converted.

with sisters it's a bit more complicated. Sometimes it do be the brothers fault why they go to other races...not all the time though
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cinco wrote: »
    Sellouts married to these white girls

what is a sellout?when it comes to interracial marriage or dating?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Race mixing will not bring blacks into power all it does is create another racial group that will either be loyal to it's own interests or to whatever race is dominant. They will have no special love for black people.

Mixed people are not and will never be their own racial group in this country. How could you say this when the 1 drop rule is still very much alive and well?

Yes the 1 drop rule may be alive and well but at the sametime majority of these bi-racial babies crave and want the acceptance and love of the white side of they family.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options

3. We working on it

So at the moment, ya not even together. So, who's teaching ya daughter about her black heritage?
    I guess her black dolls...

2.what race do mexicans belong to ???

last i check, Mexican is an ethnicity.
    Mexicans consider themselves "mestizaje" a mix race culture.

Black Mexicans

l.jpg

mexicans.jpg

448c21ab9358e5731c61db893a58f06d.jpg

Since ya daughter is half Mexican, ima tell u this name , Vicente Guerrero he was the 2nd president of Mexico, and the leading General in the mexican revolution , and he was a black mexican... Teach that to your daughter.

11.jpg

image004.jpg

Thanks for the info my ? . And imma teach my daughter her black heritage,? u mean? My daughter stays with me
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

They don't understand this though.

Very Basic example:

Wealthy or rich black man marries white woman. Man dies leaves all his wealth to white woman and mixed kids. Black wealth now in the hands of a white woman who is going to make sure her white family benefits off that black mans money not his black family. Mixed kids raised with alligence to whites by their white mother.

How does this benefit black people again?

Exactly. Black people need to realize this and it's almost always except two cases of black men who married a white woman above them that is wealthy.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In the Caribbean back in the slavery days it was the mixed race people that white owners used to oppress the black slaves by elevating the mulattoes slightly above the slaves

White people would still ? off the mulattoes whenever they felt like it tho.

There was another major civilization that was brought down by race mixing but I can't remember which one, it may have been Moor-occupied Spain

And for the record, the richest most powerful people all other races excluding blacks strictly dont race mix. A lot of them marry/reproduce with their own family members
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Read what you just typed and see if that makes sense

I did, makes perfect sense to me. What's off

that was directed at trashboat sorry
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Irritated Genie on Homosexuality @ Hot Black Co…: http://youtu.be/wZ4GJD7-w4g
  • Stiff
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

They don't understand this though.

Very Basic example:

Wealthy or rich black man marries white woman. Man dies leaves all his wealth to white woman and mixed kids. Black wealth now in the hands of a white woman who is going to make sure her white family benefits off that black mans money not his black family. Mixed kids raised with alligence to whites by their white mother.

How does this benefit black people again?

So what about the opposite?

Rich white man marries black woman with the same scenario?