Changing America - What Does the Rise in Interracial Relationships Really Mean?

Options

Comments

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    How is the amalgamation of Whites and Blacks not going to siphon some of that systemic power from the former group into the latter?

It eventually creates a new group that power does not transfer to black folk.

They don't understand this though.

Very Basic example:

Wealthy or rich black man marries white woman. Man dies leaves all his wealth to white woman and mixed kids. Black wealth now in the hands of a white woman who is going to make sure her white family benefits off that black mans money not his black family. Mixed kids raised with alligence to whites by their white mother.

How does this benefit black people again?

And also I see your point but I have yet to meet a mixed person that renounces their Blackness or even doesn't identify as Black. Not saying it doesn't happen. Just saying from my experience I haven't seen it.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    How is the amalgamation of Whites and Blacks not going to siphon some of that systemic power from the former group into the latter?

Very Basic example:

Wealthy or rich black man marries white woman. Man dies leaves all his wealth to white woman and mixed kids. Black wealth now in the hands of a white woman who is going to make sure her white family benefits off that black mans money not his black family. Mixed kids raised with alligence to whites by their white mother.

So what about the opposite?

Rich white man marries black woman with the same scenario?

Great for us black as people especially if that white man actually set his wealth up to be distributed that way in case of his death.

But you and I both know more black men marry white women than white men that marry black women.

As far as the kids go they are still going to crave and want that white side of the family who has always shunned them and shown them nothing but the backs and gave them their ass to kiss.

Mixed kids see who is in power and how this country works. They get ? cause they half-white but barely get any of the benefits of being 50% white yet see their parent who is white reap those benefits. So many will do ? against black people to show white people that are a part of them and what and need that white acceptance which they will never fully get. They are like heroin junkies chasing that first high feeling which they will never get again.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Very Basic example:

Oh but that NEVER happens.

George Lucas' wife and their child will be a very wealthy when he passes.

What about Roger Ebert's wife..I suppose he left her a penniless widow?

• Stiff
    Options

Very Basic example:

Great for us black as people especially if that white man actually set his wealth up to be distributed that way in case of his death.

But you and I both know more black men marry white women than white men that marry black women.

As far as the kids go they are still going to crave and want that white side of the family who has always shunned them and shown them nothing but the backs and gave them their ass to kiss.

Mixed kids see who is in power and how this country works. They get ? cause they half-white but barely get any of the benefits of being 50% white yet see their parent who is white reap those benefits. So many will do ? against black people to show white people that are a part of them and what and need that white acceptance which they will never fully get. They are like heroin junkies chasing that first high feeling which they will never get again.

I don't see it bro. Mixed people in my experience identify strongly with their Blackness. Even look at some prominent mixed people, how many of them try to downplay their Blackness to leverage white acceptance?

Also referring back to your scenario: it seems to me the failure there isn't the race-mixing per se as much as it is the father not instilling pride of Blackness into his children before he passed. The person in your hypothetical was obviously a sellout and raised his children to be sellouts as well. You and I both know a Black man doesn't need a white woman to sell out or raise sell outs.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Iuno but I think it does. We're thinking about today but not the future. In the future it slowly brings down the cultural barrier between races and ethnicities. Our grandkids are the ones who will see the effects and enjoy them more. It's hard to be racist towards another group when you're mom and dad are composed of 2 or 3 different ethnicities.

It's crazy tho man after all these years and all these interracial babies and people still hung up on this ? SMMFH. It's the future and there's nothing much you can really do about it. Over time America is going to become "mixed out", if you look now, Hispanics compose of something like 30-35% of the country. That number is going to grow and in 30-50 years the numbers will be more evened out as blacks and even Chinese Americans begin to come up.

Not really there is racial animus between negroes and like ive said many times before we lose more and more of our identity and what makes everyone uniquely special our backgrounds, history cultures... Whether it be black asian spanish whatever dont for one second think it means we all the sudden we will be in harmony.. The model already exist in the world in some latin Countries

If there was true understanding and people held on dearly to what they came from it would be a different story but by and large that doesnt happen
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Very Basic example:

History has proven that you are correct all you have to do is Google mulatto slave owners and see how they conveniently ? on their African side for their personal benefits.

Mulatto people should be accepted as black only when they economically, politically and socially identify with blacks above all else.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Very Basic example:

I don't see it bro. Mixed people in my experience identify strongly with their Blackness. Even look at some prominent mixed people, how many of them try to downplay their Blackness to leverage white acceptance?

Also referring back to your scenario: it seems to me the failure there isn't the race-mixing per se as much as it is the father not instilling pride of Blackness into his children before he passed. The person in your hypothetical was obviously a sellout and raised his children to be sellouts as well. You and I both know a Black man doesn't need a white woman to sell out or raise sell outs.

From what I have seen more prominent mixed people do exactly that by always saying what they are mixed with and saying black last within that list. They can't wait to say they are mixed cause they don't want to seen as just black because they know how white people feel about black people. Even though I am sure by the time they are grown they have heard about the so called one drop rule.

Tiger Woods is a prime example he wants to be called and seen as everything but a black man.

You are right about a black person not needing a white woman to sell out or raise them. But we both know having that white woman validates them and their line of thinking.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Very Basic example:

Good topic to discuss. My question is do you see that same issue if the kids are half black and half hispanic?
  • zombie
    Options

Very Basic example:

What you see is limited your experience is limited. The world is bigger than what surrounds you.

Black people have to start thinking about the world our grandkids are going to face. It's bad enough our kids are going to have to compete with whites, Asians and Hispanics we don't need more competition and division from race mixing
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

Very Basic example:

I get your sarcasm but wow you named to 2 instances.

Bet that you can easily name more rich black men married to white women than you can rich white men married to black women without looking it up.

From business men, actors, athletes, ect. if it was broken down the ? would be a lopsided comparison when it comes to those types of marriages and you know it.

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is no such thing as multicultural there is only one dominant culture that may adopt certain aspects of a culture but the root culture is the one in power. Asians are only for asians , Latinos only for Latinos, whites are only for themselves we are the ones who believe in this political lie. We need to rethink this and understand that if we don't maintain ourselves we will be swallowed up.

• Stiff
    Options

Very Basic example:

From what I have seen more prominent mixed people do exactly that by always saying what they are mixed with and saying black last within that list. They can't wait to say they are mixed cause they don't want to seen as just black because they know how white people feel about black people. Even though I am sure by the time they are grown they have heard about the so called one drop rule.

Tiger Woods is a prime example he wants to be called and seen as everything but a black man.

You are right about a black person not needing a white woman to sell out or raise them. But we both know having that white woman validates them and their line of thinking.

For every Tiger Woods you have a J.Cole who speaks on issues regarding Black people constantly...you have a Key and Peele who are both mixed and always highlight racism in their comedy, you have Barack Obama who for all intents and purposes IS a Black man..the list goes on
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »

Very Basic example:

Good topic to discuss. My question is do you see that same issue if the kids are half black and half hispanic?

IMO partially because look at how black people fawn and just go crazy over so called "good hair" You still have black broads wanting to have babies with light skinned black or mixed dudes because they think they baby will have good hair, pretty light colored eyes and lighter skin.

The difference is that these half black/hispanic kids don't see that other half with any power. A lot of hispanics don't ? with black people like that either so their times when those kids hispanic side will shun them and not treat them same as the other kids in the family that is not mixed with black.

I'd be willing to bet that the hispanic family would treat a mixed white/hispanic child differently than the black/hispanic child.
  • Kat
    Options

Very Basic example:

Bet that you can easily name more rich black men married to white women than you can rich white men married to black women without looking it up.

From business men, actors, athletes, ect. if it was broken down the ? would be a lopsided comparison when it comes to those types of marriages and you know it.

I'll agree with that, but that's not to say it doesn't work both ways.

I don't understand when the solution to a problem is just a shift in roles. We have to start viewing humans as humans. Enough already.

And yes I know that's just wishful thinking.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Very Basic example:

For every Tiger Woods you have a J.Cole who speaks on issues regarding Black people constantly...you have a Key and Peele who are both mixed and always highlight racism in their comedy, you have Barack Obama who for all intents and purposes IS a Black man..the list goes on

More like for every 20 Tiger Woods there is 1 J. Cole.

I'm sorry even though that would be a topic unto itself Barack Obama don't count.
  • zombie
    Options

Very Basic example:

I'll agree with that, but that's not to say it doesn't work both ways.

I don't understand when the solution to a problem is just a shift in roles. We have to start viewing humans as humans. Enough already.

And yes I know that's just wishful thinking.

Black people don't have the luxury of wishful thinking. Whites are humans and humans naturally divide themselves up into groups and compete with each other.

Capitalistic society is like a basketball game and race mixing is like giving up turn overs passing the ball out of bounds and goal tending
  • Kat
    Options
    I have no issue with healthy competition between humans, but let it not be a divider that you have no control over.

? is so ignorant.

I don't expect that we'll ever agree on this topic zombie..no more than I would with my uncle from North Carolina.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Well, we are the one massive group pushing multiculturalism and yet keep on getting ? on. So why keep doing something and we have children looking at a bleak future. Better get game on and beat this game instead of fighting a losing battle.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Well, we are the one massive group pushing multiculturalism and yet keep on getting ? on. So why keep doing something and we have children looking at a bleak future. Better get game on and beat this game instead of fighting a losing battle.

So true but ? don't want to hear ? like this though. It hurts them cause they so want acceptance from white people that they can't fathom thinking that no matter what they do white people will never accept them.
  • Kat
    Options

If I'm doing what I know is right and keep getting ? on, does that change the fact that I'm doing what's right?

Whether you're being rewarded or not, what's right does not change.

• Ajackson17
    Options

If I'm doing what I know is right and keep getting ? on, does that change the fact that I'm doing what's right?

I can be good to a person who bests me, robs from me, who rapes me, and etc but I'll be the fool if I keep bringing them back. You'll be the first to tell a woman to leave a man alone who bests on her and steals from her.
  • zombie
    Options

What's right is black people doing what we have to for our economic survival.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    And culture war as well. We have to be able to define who we are and our contribution to the world.
  • Kat
    Options

Even if that means resorting to the tactics that you hate coming from whites?
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Even if that means resorting to the tactics that you hate coming from whites?

Yes