Changing America - What Does the Rise in Interracial Relationships Really Mean?

Options

Comments

• Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/08/obama-im-not-the-president-of-black-america-131351.html

How do you respond to criticism that your administration hasn’t done enough to support black businesses?

(President Obama) My general view has been consistent throughout, which is that I want all businesses to succeed. I want all Americans to have opportunity. I’m not the president of black America. I’m the president of the United States of America, but the programs that we have put in place have been directed at those folks who are least able to get financing through conventional means, who have been in the past locked out of opportunities that were available to everybody. So, I’ll put my track record up against anybody in terms of us putting in place broad-based programs that ultimately had a huge benefit for African American businesses.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    both sides of the debate have good points

however, one thing that is for certain is interracial marriage will only increase

Agreed and the bolded is kind of what I'm getting at...

Instead of taking steps to fight this trend, we should take steps to ensure that the trend isn't harmful to our culture in the long run.

It's like instead of trying to stop earthquakes, it's better to build earthquake resistant structures.

i feel you on that

but i also believe that the US will become the "Anglo-Saxon Brazil" like zombie says; also i don't think you can compare AfrAms to Asians/Arabs/Latinos because they have their own nations that will preserve their cultures/go back to if they wish

I don't see that happening in the US.

in Brazil there was a big Country wide push to blatantly ignore the differences in race and the large African influence while simultaneously "whitening" up the country with European Immigration in an effort to push a multicultural equal opportunity agenda. It was seen as slap in the face to even assume that racial discrimination was prevalent.

Here in America …. we aint trying to hear that post racial society sh*t … And we never will..IMHO. The civil rights movement built such a large legacy for us. We discuss race everyday and within these last few years I'm seeing more of a black cultural awakening. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see this happening in other countries in a such a large scale.

You don't think that it cant happen here? Whites will eventually absorb the Asian and white latino populations leaving dark skinned Asians/Latinos/blacks at the bottom which is essentially Brazil. As blacks' numerical/political power lessen over the next century, you'll see the continued pushing of this "post racial" nonsense. Whether "we" as blacks accept the concept of "post racial america" is irrelevant because we dont hold power.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also eleven pages in im suprised no one brought up gender. Personally i think it makes a difference if the one marrying an out group is the male or female
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best thing any president can do for business is stay out of it. What this
    President should have done if he wanted to help blacks is end the ? drug war.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Some of y'all really don't get that IR marriages ain't as big as you think. Way some of y'all talk IR marriages make up half of black marriages. Paranoia got y'all ignoring basic numbers and common sense
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best thing is each one teach one. What that is if you have a biracial child educate them about black history. Teach them about nubia,Ethiopia ,black egyptian pharaohs,the various black empires in africa,black freedom fighters,black inventors,Marcus Garvey,Toussaint Louverture. In other words teach that having african ancestry is not a curse. Show them being black is something to be proud of.
  • zombie
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Some of y'all really don't get that IR marriages ain't as big as you think. Way some of y'all talk IR marriages make up half of black marriages. Paranoia got y'all ignoring basic numbers and common sense

That's like saying a little bit of cancer is not that big of a deal.
  • zombie
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    The best thing is each one teach one. What that is if you have a biracial child educate them about black history. Teach them about nubia,Ethiopia ,black egyptian pharaohs,the various black empires in africa,black freedom fighters,black inventors,Marcus Garvey,Toussaint Louverture. In other words teach that having african ancestry is not a curse. Show them being black is something to be proud of.

The best thing to do is not to have a biracial child in the first ? place because while you teach them all the things you advise society will teach them otherwise and society is often more powerful.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @zombie‌ and d. morgan

You both raised valid points and I believe I understand your points of view but answer me this:

If race mixing should be avoided because their off spring may renounce their Blackness and subscribe to white supremacy

And immigration from Latin American nations is a threat because the immigrants will contribute to our oppression by identifying as white and contributing to white supremacy

then shouldn't our efforts and energy be focused on thwarting white supremacy? Without white supremacy none of these things are a threat any longer. In the long run I'm not interested in which women ? decide to bust inside of.

@Oya_Husband‌ I want your thoughts on this too

My thoughts is this, we are in a cultural war which entitles our way of life dealing with every aspect and in order for us to win this we need to be together united. Black families equal black strength. When we had this going we were fighting the civil rights and the civil war fighting for black families. Desiring white women in droves stems from a forbidden fruit that was unattainable and now we have it we forfeited a lot of women and thinking every problem that we even exhibit is due to them not standing up to the greatness of perceived white beauty structure. In reality a lot of black men don't really truly love white women, but what they represent and are perceived to be.

Hence why Black men and White women divorced more than any grouping in America cause usually a well off black man with a white woman who doesn't come from a good family usually wants this black man and it boosts her not him. Even Asian women, it's not the high class asian woman but the usually the lower class who gets with the black man, we think he is doing it, but he is not breaking even when there are black women who are at his level and he is not willing to deal with them due to perceive notions of superiority of these women possess.
  • Darth Sidious
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

I am not in favor of letting biz do whatever the ? the they want -- see financial meltdown 2008.

I am in favor of responsibly ending the war on drugs and that should start with ? . One or two states have sued the state of Colorado and or Federal Govt for ending ? prohibition so you could say that Obama is tacitly giving the ok to ? legalization by not having the fed govt go after WA or CO ( which he could do with a phone call..trust me that would chill the whole industry with one big raid )

• zombie
    Options

I am not in favor of letting biz do whatever the ? the they want -- see financial meltdown 2008.

I am in favor of responsibly ending the war on drugs and that should start with ? . One or two states have sued the state of Colorado and or Federal Govt for ending ? prohibition so you could say that Obama is tacitly giving the ok to ? legalization by not having the fed govt go after WA or CO ( which he could do with a phone call..trust me that would chill the whole industry with one big raid )

Over regulation holds back economic progress. If not just ? that needs to be dealt with the war on drugs is a much bigger thing
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does anybody see this thing happening with these black I.c. posters Whenever whites get mentioned they start verbally fighting with their own kind? Maybe that's anger that they show that help show they strength I dont know what they hope to achieve with action though. Being emotional about a serious subject is not wrong, but is it right to attack without insight?
  • Darth Sidious
    Options

Over regulation holds back economic progress. If not just ? that needs to be dealt with the war on drugs is a much bigger thing

Zombie, it was not enough regulation that caused the financial markets to fail in 2008, not too much.

I said starting with ? because that is the easiest to tackle, we have to walk before we run. I would rather see people possessing the 'harder' narcotics assigned to rehab rather than prison. What all of those are I don't know but heroin, ? , and unauthorized prescription opiates would be a great start.

What to do with the dealers is an answer I don't have but lets see what happens in CO and WA. So far, the news is encouraging.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @zombie‌ and d. morgan

You both raised valid points and I believe I understand your points of view but answer me this:

If race mixing should be avoided because their off spring may renounce their Blackness and subscribe to white supremacy

And immigration from Latin American nations is a threat because the immigrants will contribute to our oppression by identifying as white and contributing to white supremacy

then shouldn't our efforts and energy be focused on thwarting white supremacy? Without white supremacy none of these things are a threat any longer. In the long run I'm not interested in which women ? decide to bust inside of.

My thoughts is this, we are in a cultural war which entitles our way of life dealing with every aspect and in order for us to win this we need to be together united. Black families equal black strength. When we had this going we were fighting the civil rights and the civil war fighting for black families. Desiring white women in droves stems from a forbidden fruit that was unattainable and now we have it we forfeited a lot of women and thinking every problem that we even exhibit is due to them not standing up to the greatness of perceived white beauty structure. In reality a lot of black men don't really truly love white women, but what they represent and are perceived to be.

Hence why Black men and White women divorced more than any grouping in America cause usually a well off black man with a white woman who doesn't come from a good family usually wants this black man and it boosts her not him. Even Asian women, it's not the high class asian woman but the usually the lower class who gets with the black man, we think he is doing it, but he is not breaking even when there are black women who are at his level and he is not willing to deal with them due to perceive notions of superiority of these women possess.

True. When you see a white women with a black man they only want him for sex. Malcolm X mentioned it in his book. White women see black men as sexual objects. That is why my haitian family are not keen of me being with a white girl. Upper class white women wont marry a black man unless he is a republican ? or a weirdo hipster. Lower class white women just want to be with a ? to get back at they racist family members. Same with asians. Chinese,koreans,japanese,Indians do not like blacks. But Filipinos who are treated as the lowest of asians by who i mentioned before ? with ? .

All in all interracial relations are not bad but we have to remember that many races do not like us so we shouldn't going crazy over the opposite race when they daughters want us only for ? not to start a family.
  • zombie
    Options

Zombie, it was not enough regulation that caused the financial markets to fail in 2008, not too much.

I said starting with ? because that is the easiest to tackle, we have to walk before we run. I would rather see people possessing the 'harder' narcotics assigned to rehab rather than prison. What all of those are I don't know but heroin, ? , and unauthorized prescription opiates would be a great start.

What to do with the dealers is an answer I don't have but lets see what happens in CO and WA. So far, the news is encouraging.

Forget about 2008 ? in general principle too much government ? up economies that was the point I was making I was not pointing to one era of financial problem and using it was the rule.

and the fact remains Obama has Done next to nothing to stop the drug war.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    @zombie‌ and d. morgan

True. When you see a white women with a black man they only want him for sex. Malcolm X mentioned it in his book. White women see black men as sexual objects. That is why my haitian family are not keen of me being with a white girl. Upper class white women wont marry a black man unless he is a republican ? or a weirdo hipster. Lower class white women just want to be with a ? to get back at they racist family members. Same with asians. Chinese,koreans,japanese,Indians do not like blacks. But Filipinos who are treated as the lowest of asians by who i mentioned before ? with ? .

All in all interracial relations are not bad but we have to remember that many races do not like us so we shouldn't going crazy over the opposite race when they daughters want us only for ? not to start a family.

Exactly what love got to do with it when it comes to strengthening ourselves. The first person we should love is ourselves and our extension before we can give love to anyone else.
  • Darth Sidious
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Zombie, never forget 2008. The persons and entities that caused it are hoping you and others do exactly that as they try and claw back the reforms enacted so it doesn't happen again.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/12/09/wall-street-seeks-to-tuck-dodd-frank-changes-in-budget-bill/?_r=0

Wall Street Seeks to Tuck Dodd-Frank Changes in Budget Bill

After four years of twisting arms in Congress, Wall Street may have finally found the opportune moment to reshape financial regulation.

A flurry of legislative deal-making surrounding the federal budget has opened a window of opportunity for bank lobbyists to challenge the Dodd-Frank Act, the sweeping regulatory overhaul passed in response to the financial crisis. With the clock ticking on a budget bill — lawmakers have vowed not to shut down the government, but need to act by Thursday night — banks are seeking to tuck their proposals into the giant federal spending package.

Whether they succeed remains an open question. As of Tuesday afternoon, some Democrats and consumer groups retained hope that they could fend off the Wall Street effort.

The fight has centered on elements of Dodd-Frank that address the culprits of the financial crisis, including the sort of derivatives trading that helped push the insurance giant American International Group to the brink of collapse in 2008. One bill would amend the so-called Volcker Rule, a centerpiece of Dodd-Frank. Another bill that lawmakers plan to include in the government funding plan was essentially written by lobbyists for Citigroup.

If included in the final spending bill, the proposals would represent the greatest threat yet to Dodd-Frank, the most comprehensive regulatory overhaul since the Depression and one of the Obama administration’s signature legislative achievements. Other than a tweak here or a delay there, Dodd-Frank has largely survived a surge of Wall Street lobbying.

----

• prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A white man is going to marry a asian woman before he gets a black woman even though we all know white men loves them some chocolate ? to push into.

White men are marrying asian women because they're more docile. They're starting to get fed up with the 50/50 equality feminist movement white women been pushing. I see it all the time from them complaining.

"This ? want equal say so but still want me to protect , provide, and be the bread winner??"
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "This ? want equal say so but still want me to protect , provide, and be the bread winner??"

Fair assessment, tbh. Can't ask for equality and expect to be able to hold onto gender roles and double standards.

Beyond that tho, we should always put ourselves first. Not in a destructive way as Whites have done, but in a way that doesn't mitigate our efforts to establish and maintain equality.
  • zombie
    Options
    Zombie, never forget 2008. The persons and entities that caused it are hoping you and others do exactly that as they try and claw back the reforms enacted so it doesn't happen again.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/12/09/wall-street-seeks-to-tuck-dodd-frank-changes-in-budget-bill/?_r=0

Wall Street Seeks to Tuck Dodd-Frank Changes in Budget Bill

After four years of twisting arms in Congress, Wall Street may have finally found the opportune moment to reshape financial regulation.

A flurry of legislative deal-making surrounding the federal budget has opened a window of opportunity for bank lobbyists to challenge the Dodd-Frank Act, the sweeping regulatory overhaul passed in response to the financial crisis. With the clock ticking on a budget bill — lawmakers have vowed not to shut down the government, but need to act by Thursday night — banks are seeking to tuck their proposals into the giant federal spending package.

Whether they succeed remains an open question. As of Tuesday afternoon, some Democrats and consumer groups retained hope that they could fend off the Wall Street effort.

The fight has centered on elements of Dodd-Frank that address the culprits of the financial crisis, including the sort of derivatives trading that helped push the insurance giant American International Group to the brink of collapse in 2008. One bill would amend the so-called Volcker Rule, a centerpiece of Dodd-Frank. Another bill that lawmakers plan to include in the government funding plan was essentially written by lobbyists for Citigroup.

If included in the final spending bill, the proposals would represent the greatest threat yet to Dodd-Frank, the most comprehensive regulatory overhaul since the Depression and one of the Obama administration’s signature legislative achievements. Other than a tweak here or a delay there, Dodd-Frank has largely survived a surge of Wall Street lobbying.

----

You are derailing the thread with side issues the point is that government should not interfere too much with business what happened in 2008 was one instance not the rule. government ? up the economy however is a fact.
  • Darth Sidious
    edited January 2015
    Options

You are derailing the thread with side issues the point is that government should not interfere too much with business what happened in 2008 was one instance not the rule. government ? up the economy however is a fact.

Very good, start another thread about how the 'government ? up the economy however is a fact.' and I am sure Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity will be right in there to c/s that BS all day long with you :)

• Darth Sidious
    Options
    Side note, Zombie you seem to have ideas about Obama, guns, homosexuals, the govt and 'race mixing' I might think were more in tune with these people's values...other than the color of your skin, you would probably feel very comfortable among them...just an interesting observation.

lind_responds_to_kilgore_on_tea_partysouth-620x412.jpg

• Ajackson17
    Options
    wtf does Obama have to do with this? He don't even support blacks, so no ? given. He is a propaganda and a tool for the elites.
  • Darth Sidious
    Options
    wtf does Obama have to do with this? He don't even support blacks, so no ? given. He is a propaganda and a tool for the elites.

Obama has everything to do with this topic as he is bi-racial!

Without bi-racials, you don't have america's first 'black president'

He of course is not 'america's first black president but whites and blacks alike think of him so.

• zombie
    Options
    Side note, Zombie you seem to have ideas about Obama, guns, homosexuals, the govt and 'race mixing' I might think were more in tune with these people's values...other than the color of your skin, you would probably feel very comfortable among them...just an interesting observation.

lind_responds_to_kilgore_on_tea_partysouth-620x412.jpg

Being anti welfare state, anti race mixing , and anti ? is something Marcus garvey would support. All I do is spit back a modernized ampped up version of his ideology that's it.