Changing America - What Does the Rise in Interracial Relationships Really Mean?

Options

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Well, we are the one massive group pushing multiculturalism and yet keep on getting ? on. So why keep doing something and we have children looking at a bleak future. Better get game on and beat this game instead of fighting a losing battle.

If I'm doing what I know is right and keep getting ? on, does that change the fact that I'm doing what's right?

Whether you're being rewarded or not, what's right does not change.

What's right is black people doing what we have to for our economic survival.

Even if that means resorting to the tactics that you hate coming from whites?

Yes

Soooo..how does that make you any different?

Basically you're telling me that if you were white you'd be no different than the whites you despise.

I guess.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @zombie‌ and d. morgan

You both raised valid points and I believe I understand your points of view but answer me this:

If race mixing should be avoided because their off spring may renounce their Blackness and subscribe to white supremacy

And immigration from Latin American nations is a threat because the immigrants will contribute to our oppression by identifying as white and contributing to white supremacy

then shouldn't our efforts and energy be focused on thwarting white supremacy? Without white supremacy none of these things are a threat any longer. In the long run I'm not interested in which women ? decide to bust inside of.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well, we are the one massive group pushing multiculturalism and yet keep on getting ? on. So why keep doing something and we have children looking at a bleak future. Better get game on and beat this game instead of fighting a losing battle.

If I'm doing what I know is right and keep getting ? on, does that change the fact that I'm doing what's right?

Yes

Basically you're telling me that if you were white you'd be no different than the whites you despise.

I guess.

The difference is we as black would be doing this ? out neccesity for our survival because the game is rigged and not fair.

White people are doing it because they don't want to even the playing field and lose power.

That is a big difference.
  • Stiff
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    @zombie‌ and d. morgan

You both raised valid points and I believe I understand your points of view but answer me this:

If race mixing should be avoided because their off spring may renounce their Blackness and subscribe to white supremacy

And immigration from Latin American nations is a threat because the immigrants will contribute to our oppression by identifying as white and contributing to white supremacy

then shouldn't our efforts and energy be focused on thwarting white supremacy? Without white supremacy none of these things are a threat any longer. In the long run I'm not interested in which women ? decide to bust inside of.

@Oya_Husband‌ I want your thoughts on this too
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Choosing not to race mix with your opponent at least until you have made them a social and economic inferior is practiced by all people it's not something that's a white tactic it's a universal truth.

Asians and Jewish fathers don't want their daughters bringing home blacks.
  • zombie
    Options
    @zombie‌ and d. morgan

Race mixing is one of the condensations of white supremacy by fighting race mixing you fight white supremacy.
  • D. Morgan
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @zombie‌ and d. morgan

IMO our efforts should be on both fronts. I am not saying black men shouldn't ? a white woman. Just don't start a family with one is the stance I take on that.

Most mixed race people will always have a divided mind and heart as to which side they should be on. If a race war started they wouldn't want either of their parents killed. So where does that leave them?

A interacial couple is in an even bigger jam because they both are going to think about both sides of their families and then think about the commitment that they made to each other.

Where do these peoples loyalties lie?

We as black people don't have time to try and figure out what side of the fence these people are on. Either they have to be with us or against us.

I understand why they are confused cause who wants to have to face that kind of decision but it is a decision that will have to be made.
  • Stiff
    Options
    @zombie‌ and d. morgan

Race mixing is one of the condensations of white supremacy by fighting race mixing you fight white supremacy.

? no it's not. The ? or any other white supremacist group ain't out here advocating race mixing. White people are as alarmed by race mixing as you are because their birth rates are declining in part because of it.
  • zombie
    Options
    If blacks and whites were on a more equal level I would have less of a problem with race mixing but we are not on the same level so it's foolish to mix with them. When they ineffect control everything and have a vested interests in keeping us poor and powerless
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes

I guess.

Its blacks in power instead of whites. completly diffrent.
  • zombie
    Options
    @zombie‌ and d. morgan

? no it's not. The ? or any other white supremacist group ain't out here advocating race mixing. White people are as alarmed by race mixing as you are because their birth rates are declining in part because of it.

My friend their are black white supremacist. The greatest battle against white supremacist is amongst black people. And when I say race mixing is the condensation of white supremacy I mean it's the result of all the affects white supremacy has on the minds of black people. It's basically cultural suicide.
  • Masterfultech
    Masterfultech Members Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @zombie‌ and d. morgan

All those things are branches of white supremacy...more so if a lot of racemixing happens then black people in north america will fall victim genocide/swallowed whole by the bigger population just ask the natives.
  • Stiff
    edited January 2015
    Options
    When people talk about white supremacy and still bring up the ? it means they have not been fully educated on the whole scope of white supremacy.

I know full and well the scope of white supremacy. The ? is white supremacy manifested in its purest form. All of the other covert elements of white supremacy have the same objectives as the ? in regarding other races just maneuvering in subtler ways (minus the opposition to Zionism, which itself is a branch of it).

White people are just as terrified of race mixing as you are. White parents aren't keeping their fingers crossed hoping their daughters bring home Black men or their sons bring home Black women.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    When people talk about white supremacy and still bring up the ? it means they have not been fully educated on the whole scope of white supremacy.

I know full and well the scope of white supremacy. The ? is white supremacy manifested in its purest form. All of the other covert elements of white supremacy have the same objectives as the ? in regarding other races just maneuvering in subtler ways (minus the opposition to Zionism, which itself is a branch of it).

White people are just as terrified of race mixing as you are. White parents aren't keeping their fingers crossed hoping their daughters bring home Black men or their sons bring home Black women.

There are some black parents hoping for just that though.

Its because of how some black people have been brainwashed to think white is "right" and the best thing going.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont really care personally. It is what it is.

• Stiff
    Options
    @zombie‌ and d. morgan

All those things are branches of white supremacy...more so if a lot of racemixing happens then black people in north america will fall victim genocide/swallowed whole by the bigger population just ask the natives.

Natives weren't ended because of large scale race mixing they were ended due to outright warfare,slaughter, and disease. All of which are more pertinent dangers to us as a people today than race mixing.

Outright warfare (War on Drugs, propaganda in the media)
    Slaughter (police brutality, police impunity)
    Disease( lower access to healthcare, lower life expectancies)
  • Stiff
    edited January 2015
    Options
  • Masterfultech
    Masterfultech Members Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @zombie‌ and d. morgan

Natives weren't ended because of large scale race mixing they were ended due to outright warfare,slaughter, and disease. All of which are more pertinent dangers to us as a people today than race mixing.

I know...but racemixing aided all the above.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    How is the amalgamation of Whites and Blacks not going to siphon some of that systemic power from the former group into the latter?

It eventually creates a new group that power does not transfer to black folk.

They don't understand this though.

Very Basic example:

Wealthy or rich black man marries white woman. Man dies leaves all his wealth to white woman and mixed kids. Black wealth now in the hands of a white woman who is going to make sure her white family benefits off that black mans money not his black family. Mixed kids raised with alligence to whites by their white mother.

How does this benefit black people again?

So what about the opposite?

Rich white man marries black woman with the same scenario?

Great for us black as people especially if that white man actually set his wealth up to be distributed that way in case of his death.

But you and I both know more black men marry white women than white men that marry black women.

As far as the kids go they are still going to crave and want that white side of the family who has always shunned them and shown them nothing but the backs and gave them their ass to kiss.

Mixed kids see who is in power and how this country works. They get ? cause they half-white but barely get any of the benefits of being 50% white yet see their parent who is white reap those benefits. So many will do ? against black people to show white people that are a part of them and what and need that white acceptance which they will never fully get. They are like heroin junkies chasing that first high feeling which they will never get again.

Good topic to discuss. My question is do you see that same issue if the kids are half black and half hispanic?

I'm Black and Latino and I've always identified as black first. I am proud of my Panamanian heritage, but I wasn't raised around it. My stepfather (whom I refer to as my true father) helped raise me since I was a few months and both him and my mother are black. I've traced my African lineage back to Nigeria and plan to do the same with my Latino side eventually, but it's much more difficult with me not being involved with that side of the family.

And I feel like most black/latino mixes recognize their black side. Think Fabolous, Juelz Santana, Noreaga, Lloyd Banks... Most people don't even realize or forget they're mixed until they show up at the Puerto Rican Day parade.

• Stiff
    Options
    @zombie‌ and d. morgan

My friend their are black white supremacist. The greatest battle against white supremacist is amongst black people. And when I say race mixing is the condensation of white supremacy I mean it's the result of all the affects white supremacy has on the minds of black people. It's basically cultural suicide.

I'll concede that if an entire generation were to have their offspring with another race then it would be cultural suicide, but at the moment we're talking about roughly 4% according to the last census. Asian - Americans are marrying whites at a muuuuuuuch higher rate. It's hardly worthy of too much attention IMO
  • Stiff
    Options
    @zombie‌ and d. morgan

I know...but racemixing aided all the above.

Not in British controlled territories
  • Stiff
    Options

There are some black parents hoping for just that though.

Its because of how some black people have been brainwashed to think white is "right" and the best thing going.

And that right there is a huge problem to me. Race mixing not so much.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yah thats my biggest problem .. its the loss of identity

we lose in this... our history our paths will become faint dirt roads..
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake's sensitive ass considers himself black.