Extremist gunmen ? 12 at Paris newspaper. Revenge for cartoon prophet satire. (video)

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as the Bible ? 's explicit support of massive murders and massive cosigning of slavery and other forms of Christian brutality and horrors that will be written about for ages:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_violence

Sociological reflections and responses

Scholar Nur Masalha writes that the "genocide" of the extermination commandments has been "kept before subsequent generations" and served as inspirational examples of divine support for slaughtering enemies.[23]

Arthur Grenke claims that the view or war expressed in Deuteronomy contributed to the destruction of Native Americans and to the destruction of European Jewry.[24]

Niels Peter Lemche asserts that European colonialism in the 19th century was ideologically based on the Old Testament narratives of conquest and extermination and that some radical Zionist groups have brought the same idea to bear in Israel.[25]

Scholar Leonard B. Glick states that Jewish fundamentalists in Israel, such as Shlomo Aviner, consider the Palestinians to be like biblical Canaanites, and that some fundamentalist leaders suggest that they "must be prepared to destroy" the Palestinians if the Palestinians do not leave the land.[26] Several scholars draw similar conclusions. [27][28][29]

The Book of Revelation has been used to justify Christian hostility, Christian imperialism and Christian sectarian violence.[21]

--Notice how many studies and sources are in those articles. Please stop pretending your Bible is a peaceful and loving book, it really isn't. Read some of those sources, some come from former Christians....

yeah people did exactly what christ told them not to do NO ?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    I just dont understand why these idiots find it necessary to go out of their way to to offend and incite.
    the problem with this argument is that you just have the offended parties ratcheting down on what you're allowed to say before you offend them.
    Copper wrote: »
    tell that to white america and the NYPD
    so you're praising the NYPD now?
    because i'm pointing out why you call the gunmen in this incident cowards and you're saying "but but but the NYPD!" note: we can say both groups suck.

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    ^^^

Foolish words from you....do you remember these specific words from Jesus?

I have come to cast fire upon the Earth; and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished! Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law. (Luke 12:49–53)

And keep this in mind with the many times the Bible ? DID support extermination and the killings of even children. Are those words peaceful to you? Haha NO. Slaves being raised in slavery loving, Christian America for 300 years were treated like good, good people I bet.

lol here we go again ....smh do you understand that in luke 12:49 jesus is talking about the final judgement and the splitting of the jewish faith THAT would come about as a result of his teachings and he is not endorsing violence among family members in this verse. Come on son is this the best you can do???? The bible ? supported the destruction of certain people in the ancient middle east. He never commanded christians in america to enslave anyone they chose to do so on their own.

2mdflzt.jpg

Is that so? So why did so many American politicians historically use the direct words of the Bible to support slavery and even have the backing of many pastors, reverends, and priests, even Popes? Coincidence? ? no, the proof is in the pudding, no Bill Cosby. Check out what your fellow Christians thought of the Bible and slavery and mistreatment of others

http://www.religioustolerance.org/sla_bibl.htm

"[Slavery] was established by decree of Almighty ? ...it is sanctioned in the Bible, in both Testaments, from Genesis to Revelation...it has existed in all ages, has been found among the people of the highest civilization, and in nations of the highest proficiency in the arts." Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of America. 1,2

"There is not one verse in the Bible inhibiting slavery, but many regulating it. It is not then, we conclude, immoral." Rev. Alexander Campbell

"The right of holding slaves is clearly established in the Holy Scriptures, both by precept and example." Rev. R. Furman, D.D., Baptist, of South Carolina

"If we apply sola scriptura to slavery, I'm afraid the abolitionists are on relatively weak ground. Nowhere is slavery in the Bible lambasted as an oppressive and evil institution: Vaughn Roste, United Church of Canada staff.

(Saint) Paul had every opportunity to write in one of his Epistles that human slavery -- the owning of one person as a piece of property by another -- is profoundly evil. His letter to Philemon would have been an ideal opportunity to vilify slavery. But he wrote not one word of criticism of the institution of slavery.

--Your past, fellow Christians would strongly disagree with you. Coincidence Christians used the Bible to justify the above for hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of years? NOPE!
  • zombie
    Options
    ^^^

I have come to cast fire upon the Earth; and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished! Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law. (Luke 12:49–53)

And keep this in mind with the many times the Bible ? DID support extermination and the killings of even children. Are those words peaceful to you? Haha NO. Slaves being raised in slavery loving, Christian America for 300 years were treated like good, good people I bet.

lol here we go again ....smh do you understand that in luke 12:49 jesus is talking about the final judgement and the splitting of the jewish faith THAT would come about as a result of his teachings and he is not endorsing violence among family members in this verse. Come on son is this the best you can do???? The bible ? supported the destruction of certain people in the ancient middle east. He never commanded christians in america to enslave anyone they chose to do so on their own.

2mdflzt.jpg

Is that so? So why did so many American politicians historically use the direct words of the Bible to support slavery and even have the backing of many pastors, reverends, and priests, even Popes? Coincidence? ? no, the proof is in the pudding, no Bill Cosby. Check out what your fellow Christians thought of the Bible and slavery and mistreatment of others

"[Slavery] was established by decree of Almighty ? ...it is sanctioned in the Bible, in both Testaments, from Genesis to Revelation...it has existed in all ages, has been found among the people of the highest civilization, and in nations of the highest proficiency in the arts." Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of America. 1,2

"There is not one verse in the Bible inhibiting slavery, but many regulating it. It is not then, we conclude, immoral." Rev. Alexander Campbell

"The right of holding slaves is clearly established in the Holy Scriptures, both by precept and example." Rev. R. Furman, D.D., Baptist, of South Carolina

"If we apply sola scriptura to slavery, I'm afraid the abolitionists are on relatively weak ground. Nowhere is slavery in the Bible lambasted as an oppressive and evil institution: Vaughn Roste, United Church of Canada staff.

(Saint) Paul had every opportunity to write in one of his Epistles that human slavery -- the owning of one person as a piece of property by another -- is profoundly evil. His letter to Philemon would have been an ideal opportunity to vilify slavery. But he wrote not one word of criticism of the institution of slavery.

--Your past, fellow Christians would strongly disagree with you. Coincidence Christians used the Bible to justify the above for hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of years? NOPE!

Everything you said in this post ultimately means ? nothing because anyone can misuse words to justify their own wrong doing get that through your thick skull. What your doing like like blaming karl marx for stalinism

I don't give a ? what past christians did if it contradicted the teaching of christ their actions cannot be attributed to his teachings all the comment of THE SO CALLED pastors and leaders you posted are loaded with clear fallacies and contradictions you don't have a ? argument that's why you keep using the same flawed logic over and over again.

You want to know why these people did these things and misused the bible to do evil???? the love of wealth and power for them trumped faith in ? . those rich crackers who fought the civil war did not do so based on christians values they did that ? so they could keep there power. religion is always and after thought that's twisted to fit an intended purpose. You always bring up the fact the christians were involved in black slavery but you never bring up the fact the abolition was also lead of christians. some did it on an economic basis but most where primarily religiously motivated

You don't want to look at the truth of history or religion you already have your narrative and you are sticking to it even if your conclusions are based on lies and half truths.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a standoff near Paris right now. These terrorists have one hostage and refuse to let her go. I hope it ends well for the hostage...
  • French-Bad-Boy
    French-Bad-Boy Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    Options
    Cherif Kouachi and Saïd Kouachi are holding one hostage in Dammartin-en-Goële and Amedy Coulibaly is holding at least 5 hostages in Paris.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cherif Kouachi and Saïd Kouachi are holding one hostage in Dammartin-en-Goële and Amedy Coulibaly is holding at least 5 hostages in Paris.

are you an arab in paris?

• French-Bad-Boy
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    are you an arab in paris?

Ima white french guy in France.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    5 hostages are being held in a Jewish grocery store according to CNN
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    ^^^

2mdflzt.jpg

Everything you said in this post ultimately means ? nothing because anyone can misuse words to justify their own wrong doing get that through your thick skull. What your doing like like blaming karl marx for stalinism

I don't give a ? what past christians did if it contradicted the teaching of christ their actions cannot be attributed to his teachings all the comment of THE SO CALLED pastors and leaders you posted are loaded with clear fallacies and contradictions you don't have a ? argument that's why you keep using the same flawed logic over and over again.

You want to know why these people did these things and misused the bible to do evil???? the love of wealth and power for them trumped faith in ? . those rich crackers who fought the civil war did not do so based on christians values they did that ? so they could keep there power. religion is always and after thought that's twisted to fit an intended purpose. You always bring up the fact the christians were involved in black slavery but you never bring up the fact the abolition was also lead of christians. some did it on an economic basis but most where primarily religiously motivated

You don't want to look at the truth of history or religion you already have your narrative and you are sticking to it even if your conclusions are based on lies and half truths.

I'm gonna have a field day with this but I gotta get ready for work, will be back
  • zombie
    Options
    ^^^

2mdflzt.jpg

I'm gonna have a field day with this but I gotta get ready for work, will be back

Unless you can prove Jesus ordered Christians to commit slavery centuries after he died nothing you say will mean anything. Unless you can prove they where following his example by enslaving people your foolish point will go nowhere.

Most likely you Will bring up the old testament or something Paul said. Most likely you will ignore simply common sense not to mention the reported words of Jesus himself.
  • French-Bad-Boy
    Options
    The G.I.G.N just killed these 3 ? .
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Breaking: Suspects in French massacre killed, hostage freed, police say

af9702031b82496f972a56254dd70c95-af9702031b82496f972a56254dd70c95-0.r.jpg
    Amedy Coulibaly and Hayet Boumddiene, two suspects named by police as accomplices in a kosher market attack on the eastern edges of Paris.

PARIS — A police official on the scene of the standoff between two armed brothers suspected in the massacre at the Charlie Hebdo newsroom says the suspects are dead, and their hostage has been freed.

Security forces launched a major assault on the building late Friday afternoon.

A few minutes later, several people were seen being led from the kosher market in eastern Paris where another gunman had taken hostages.

France has been high alert for more attacks since the country’s worst terror attack in decades — the massacre Wednesday in Paris at the satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo that left 12 people dead.

Security forces had surrounded the printing plant for most of the day, cornering the suspects in the killings at the Charlie Hebdo newspaper in Paris. Police SWAT forces could be seen on the roof of the building and one police helicopter landed near it.

The Paris mayor’s office announced the closure of all shops along Rosiers Street in the city’s famed Marais neighborhood in the heart of the tourist district. Hours before the Jewish Sabbath, the street is usually crowded with shoppers — French Jews and tourists alike. The street is also only a kilometer (a half mile) away from Charlie Hebdo’s offices.

Brothers Cherif Kouachi, 32, and Said Kouachi, 34, grabbed a hostage early Friday and were cornered by police inside a printing house in Dammartin-en-Goele, northeast of Paris.

In addition, the police official said the gunman holding at least five hostages Friday inside a kosher grocery store in eastern Paris is believed responsible for the roadside killing of a Paris policewoman on Thursday. Authorities released a photo of him and a female accomplice.

At the store near the Porte de Vincennes neighborhood, the gunman burst in shooting just a few hours before the Jewish Sabbath began, declaring ‘‘You know who I am,’’ the official recounted.

The police official said several people had been wounded when the gunman opened fire in the kosher market but were able to flee and get medical care. It was not clear whether there were other wounded inside the market.

Amedy Coulibaly and Hayet Boumddiene, two suspects named by police as accomplices in a kosher market attack on the eastern edges of Paris.

Police SWAT squads descended on the area and France’s top security official rushed from to the scene. The attack came before sundown when the store would have been crowded with shoppers.

Paris police had released a photo of Amedy Coulibaly and a second suspect, a woman named Hayet Boumddiene, who the official said is the market gunman’s accomplice. Police said 100 students were under lockdown in schools nearby and the highway ringing Paris was closed.

Hours before and 40 kilometers (25 miles) away , a convoy of police trucks, helicopters and ambulances streamed toward Dammartin-en-Goele, a small industrial town near Charles de Gaulle airport, to seize the Charlie Hebdo suspects, who had hijacked a car in a nearby town after more than two days on the run.

‘‘They said they want to die as martyrs,’’ Yves Albarello, a local lawmaker who said he was inside the command post, told French television station i-Tele.

Cherif Kouachi, 32, was convicted of terrorism charges in 2008 for ties to a network sending jihadis to fight U.S. forces in Iraq.

A Yemeni security official said his 34-year-old brother, Said Kouachi, is suspected of having fought for al-Qaida in Yemen. Another senior security official says Kouachi was in Yemen until 2012.

Both officials spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because of an ongoing investigation into Kouachi’s stay in Yemen.

Both brothers were on the U.S. no-fly list, a senior U.S. counterterrorism official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorized to discuss foreign intelligence publicly.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^

2mdflzt.jpg

LMAO. You can't be serious?

Just take the L ? . Followers of every and any religion do exactly this. More importantly anyone can copy and paste random verses, and pretend they know the meaning of them. You should really ? at this point.

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ahhhh ? why that one dude have to be black smfh.

also, i was rooting for the brothers to be taken alive just so we could be like "French Police took these mass murderers alive while American Police emptying clips into a ? suspected of shoplifting"
    I just dont understand why these idiots find it necessary to go out of their way to to offend and incite.
    janklow wrote: »
    the problem with this argument is that you just have the offended parties ratcheting down on what you're allowed to say before you offend them.

Why does any artist find it necessary to go out of their way to offend and incite...?

Man, you would think HIP-HOP fans - and IC posters in particular - would be more sympathetic to the concept of subversive, offensive art.

Cacs gonna cac. We hold that truth to be self-evident. For Example: I know I wasn't the only ? who felt a.....certain type of way upon seeing them execute that white cop.

But Free Speech is Free Speech.
    Because it's really only cacs who can get away with this ? . A black paper in a western country printing these types of images featuring white people would be buried.

Yeah, the problem there then is the double standard of black media not being allowed to do what white media does. Not Free Speech etc.

You hate that racist ? - then you call out said racist ? and scream it from from the mountaintop. You don't get a moral pass to break out the choppas because you were offended. If you think you do, you're a crazy evil ? that will earn a prison cell and/or cheap grave. Obviously. And its not like RELIGIOUS EXTREMISTS are ever not gonna be offended anyway.

I guess some of ya'll must be just findin out that France been racist as ? ? tho. This is a country whose old monarchy slaughtered millions of religious minorities and practically begged ? to murder all their Jews and Gypsys......

Now they're throwing grenades at Mosques, and with a deeply impoverished immigrant Arab Muslim population that is nothing like America's assimilated (and less criminal than most Christians, really) Muslim population, it's easy to see how this story ends. Their Socialist president is wildly unpopular and now their completely batshit damn-near-? far-right political party - led by a ? ? that's like a mix of Sarah Palin and David Duke - is gaining popularity.

Being a ? in Paris might not be a good look in a few years.

• zombie
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    ^^^

2mdflzt.jpg

LMAO. You can't be serious?

Just take the L ? . Followers of every and any religion do exactly this. More importantly anyone can copy and paste random verses, and pretend they know the meaning of them. You should really ? at this point.

You want me to be quite because you don't want me Don't want me to keep exposing your ? . Listen you idiot for the 100th time what the followers do is irrelevant if it contradicts the actual teaching. And I did not copy and post anything in that post.

Muhammad was a ? ,enslaving warlike, hypocrite and ? .

Christ killed no one, ? no one, enslaved no one, went to war with no one, and never ? a nine year old.

Centuries after he died Christians did all those things but that has nothing to do with Jesus because doing those things are the exact opposite of what hee said to do.
  • zombie
    Options
    For any thing I post I can give proper context be it from the Qur'an or bible.
  • zombie
    Options
    The Islamic doctrine is violent non violent Muslims are those who don't follow the example of Muhammad and his filthy companions totally.
  • zombie
    Options
    The Christian doctrine is peaceful violent Christians are those who don't follow the example of Christ. Jesus clearly said not to be violent and never
    Did violence himself.

Muhammad on the other had fought wars attacked trade caravans and owned slaves.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess this situation has come to an end. It's a shame hostages lost their lives but I guess police had no choice but to bust in blazin'. That girl that was with the hostagetaker in the Jewish deli Amedy role in this is still unclear. Where is she? This story might not be over yet...

Off topic. @zombie Are you gonna post something on topic or nah? I haven't seen you express sympathy with the victims. Where's that 'brotherly love' christians pride themselves on having? I only see you getting into childish "my prophet/ idol/ religion > your ? / religion." Like ok we get it, you don't like muslims. Grow up...
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    This ? muhamand is the ultimate hypocrite a muslim man is limited to having 4 wives this ? had like 9-12.

Quran (4:3) - "Marry of the women, who seem good to you, two or three or four; and if ye fear that ye cannot do justice (to so many) then one (only) or (the captives) that your right hands possess."

Bukhari (62:6) - "The Prophet used to go round (have sexual relations with) all his wives in one night, and he had nine wives."

These are some of his wives but he had more
    Sawda ? Zam'a
    Aisha ? Abi Bakr
    Hafsa ? Umar
    Hind (Umm Salama) ? Abi Umayya
    Zaynab ? Jahsh
    Zaynab ? Khuzayma
    Rayhana ? Zayd ibn Amr
    Ramlah (Umm Habiba) ? Abi Sufyan
    Juwayriyah ? Al-Harith

Moses, Abraham, Solomon and Lamech had multiple wives. And their bible says that was pagan practices.

Moses, abraham and soloman were jews not christians they had no bible ( old and new testament) they only had the torah which is the old testament and the laws as practiced in it were for jews not christians

If jesus told christians not to marry more than one wife and had 12 wives himself then you would have a point. Muhammand had 11 wives but the koran says to have 4 so he himself was not following the word of allah.

Muhammed received revelations at various times, his first came at age 40. Just add perspective because, it's obvious you just spout off anything you hear or read.

To add some perspective here. There was no law prohibiting the number of wives a Muslim could have until Muhammed was the age of 60.

So, lets look at this.

Until age 25 Muhammed was single.

Age 25 he marries and has only one wife (who then passed) until age 50.

Age 50-52 he is single while mourning the death of his first wife.

Age 53-60 he marries multiple times. But never has more then 4 at a time after the verse was revealed limiting a Man to 4. The prophet divorced 5 of his wives, contractually only binding him to the limit of 4. Upon the advice of the community the prophet's ex-wives continued to live in his home and were provided for.

Age 60 he receives the revelation. "It is not lawful for thee (to marry more) women after this, nor to change them for (other) wives, even though their beauty attract thee, except any thy right hand should possess (as hand maidens) and Allah doth watch over all things ". [Al-Qur’an 33:52]

The prophet passes away at age 63.

So, this notion that the prophet was running around with multiple wives while others couldn't or didn't is simply your imagination.

To add on. While multiple wives are indeed acceptable. Here's what the Quran says on the matter.

{Marry women of your choice, two, or three, or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one.} (An-Nisaa’ 3:3)

{Ye are never able to be fair and just as between women} (Al-Nisaa’ 3:129)

This sounds like an excuse for hypocrisy. Muhammand died with more than four wives so clearly he thought he could deal with them fairly not to mention that he also had slaves that he most likely ? , You really don't have a leg to stand on in this issue. Not to mention the fact that he basically stole his step sons wife.

AFTER SEEING how pretty she was he all of a sudden gets this revelation sura 33:37

Behold! Thou didst say to one who had received the grace of Allah and thy favour: "Retain thou (in wedlock) thy wife, and fear Allah." But thou didst hide in thy heart that which Allah was about to make manifest: thou didst fear the people, but it is more fitting that thou shouldst fear Allah. Then when Zayd had dissolved (his marriage) with her, with the necessary (formality), We joined her in marriage to thee: in order that (in future) there may be no difficulty to the Believers in (the matter of) marriage with the wives of their adopted sons, when the latter have dissolved with the necessary (formality) (their marriage) with them. And Allah's command must be fulfilled.

now it's one thing for a common solider or even king to have sex slaves back then. A prophet of ? with slaves gtfoh. which prophet before him had sex slaves

Your simplistic version of events is laughable. The Quran is guidance for mankind. Why you pretend to know the meaning of it ,as if you have studied is disgusting. Notice I have not posted any scripture from the Bible. Why? Because, I will not pretend know what they refer too, why they were revealed etc. Interesting you pretend to be well versed in Islam but have no knowledge of your own religion. In fact you resorted to cursing and blaming others. Typical. Anyways.

The Random Ayat is giving Guidance to those that were engaging in ? or marrying women who they were prohibited to marry. The Quran lays out who we can and cannot marry. Muhammed being the best of example of carrying out Gods commands is used as the subject.

Muslims do not worship Muhammed. Muhammed described himself as a warner and messenger. ? describes Mahammed as such. So, you are entitling Muhammed to a position that knowledgeable Muslims do not

(18:110) Say (O Muhammad): "I am no more than a human being like you; one to whom revelation is made: 'Your Lord is the One and Only ? .' Hence, whoever looks forward to meet his Lord, let him do righteous works, and let him associate none with the worship of his Lord."

Servitude and Slavery is permitted in Islam. This is true. However, there are many guidelines and when not followed by Muslims or otherwise the punishment is quite clear for those who transgres.. That's an all together different topic which, I don't care to discuss in this thread.

I do commend your zeal to discredit though. With that said, though. Do not throw stones if you live in a glass house.

• zombie
    Options
    Muhannad wrote: »
    I guess this situation has come to an end. It's a shame hostages lost their lives but I guess police had no choice but to bust in blazin'. That girl that was with the hostagetaker in the Jewish deli Amedy role in this is still unclear. Where is she? This story might not be over yet...

Off topic. @zombie Are you gonna post something on topic or nah? I haven't seen you express sympathy with the victims. Where's that 'brotherly love' christians pride themselves on having? I only see you getting into childish "my prophet/ idol/ religion > your ? / religion." Like ok we get it, you don't like muslims. Grow up...

i don't believe this thread has a central topic it really started as just news, what i am saying is relevant to the events that happened because going forward unless people can recognize that islam is an ideology that is incompatible with the west things like this will only continue. The best way to morn those people and show sympathy would be by making sure these things do not happen again and you do so by exposing the truth of the doctrine.

I see reporters on tv lying, saying that murder is not part of islam when the truth is muhammad ordered murder, the acceptance of evil is not a sign of maturity accepting lies is not a sign of growing up. ALSO I BEGAN A RELIGIOUS DEBATE so naturally so naturally there is going to be comparisons between the founders of both religion.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well.....

The difference is that Jesus was repeatedly depicted in the Gospels as rejecting worldly power and politics etc. His only other occupation was carpenter iirc.

Muhammed on the other hand......dude was a hustler, military general, diplomat, political leader, and founder of one of the greatest empires the world has ever seen. Also owned slaves btw. Also ordered torture to find out where a guy was hiding gold once because CASH RULES.

Really, these two guys might as well have been night and day. Makes sense that the religion that was launching military invasions of superpowers a century after its founding might tend to produce a certain type of extremist.

I get WHY people make this argument. Its important to make that argument because the Islamophobe ? wanna reduce a billion Muslims to sub-human status........but I'm just sayin'.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall religious nuts fucced this thread up
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @Muhannad can you deny that muhammad ordered murder??? or that he had slaves or that he had more than four wives at the same time while he was alive.

in what context can you arrange ordering murder as being the actions of a prophet??? now i am talking about murder not killing someone in war.