Are blacks too inclusive?

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, blacks need to start loving themselves more and outsiders less...
    BoogaSuga wrote: »
    giphy.gif?w=320

ehhh i dont think this applies.

s/n jayson williams before they reigned him in was exciting af tho. And i never seen the 2nd part of that gif lmao gp was a g like ? , rather trip the ? outta him before gettin crossed
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    BoogaSuga wrote: »
    giphy.gif?w=320

ehhh i dont think this applies.

s/n jayson williams before they reigned him in was exciting af tho. And i never seen the 2nd part of that gif lmao gp was a g like ? , rather trip the ? outta him before gettin crossed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlkUYYt3D0E
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's in our nature to be inclusive and helpful. check the history books
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We also need to establish what is black anyway
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Yes. We are the only race in America who is discouraged from having our own. When, Blacks attempt to be exclusive we are called racists. But there isn't an African-American town, ? Town, or Black Town. But there damn sure is Little China, Little Tokyo, Jew town, Little Italy, and hella towns where the average English person has no idea if they are in Mexico, Chile, Korea or Thailand.

There are little Haiti's, little Jamaica's, and Little Africas though. People really need to start understanding the difference between race, nationality, and ethnicity. All of them are stupid and fake classifiers, but if we're going to discuss the issues, we might as well get it right.

Now explain to the class where Blacks in America fall into this. Many, Haitians, Jamaica's and Africans remove themselves from Blacks born in America, A.K.A. African Americans, A.K.A negros.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes. We are the only race in America who is discouraged from having our own. When, Blacks attempt to be exclusive we are called racists. But there isn't an African-American town, ? Town, or Black Town. But there damn sure is Little China, Little Tokyo, Jew town, Little Italy, and hella towns where the average English person has no idea if they are in Mexico, Chile, Korea or Thailand.

There are little Haiti's, little Jamaica's, and Little Africas though. People really need to start understanding the difference between race, nationality, and ethnicity. All of them are stupid and fake classifiers, but if we're going to discuss the issues, we might as well get it right.

Now explain to the class where Blacks in America fall into this. Many, Haitians, Jamaica's and Africans remove themselves from Blacks born in America, A.K.A. African Americans, A.K.A negros.

You didn't limit your discussion to Blacks in America. You said African-American town, ? Town, or Black Town. The latter two of those groups being places that would apply to all blacks not just AAs.

Now, if that's what you meant, but it didn't come out clearly. However, if that's what you meant, then the argument becomes even sillier. Towns like Little Italy and the others developed because they were places where the respective groups of immigrants would group up in an effort to maintain some of the "community" they experienced back in their homes. AAs aren't immigrants, so there is no analog for that. What would you call the town? Little African America? African American Town? Both of those would be stupid. The fact is that there were plenty of towns and neighborhoods back in the day that were for African Americans and by African Americans. Sure they weren't given names that directly linked them to the blackness of the residents, but who cares? That's like silly ass white people complaining about their tv channels not being called WET even though we all know that's what a lot of them are.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As said before, we are an accepting and forgiving bunch, to a fault. Perhaps this is a result of the exclusion we've faced over the years--whatever the reason may be, everyone isn't your friend nor should they be.
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think black people are any more or less inclusive than anyone else.

Muhannad wrote: »
    'We' let anyone claim black. We the only people that accept halfbreeds if you look at it. A halfbreed can grow up with only his 'white' side, look like Blake Griffin, but will still be seen as a black by these whites. They even refer to theirn own flesh as "black" eventhough technically they are mixed and not black.
    Obama is cool but if we look at the facts, he grew up with his white mom, her Asian man and her white family. Nothing Kenyan about this dude. He never had a black woman prior to Michelle. If you look at his old pics you never see him with blacks. Michelle was the first black person he associated with, according to people who knew him growing up. He still got that 'black pass', just off the strength of him being half Kenyan and having a black wife. No other race would accept him as easily as blacks did...

Not trying to be an a*shole about this but accepting halfbreeds leaves you open to infiltration. That's why nobody does it, but the race that lacks racial selfworth.
    Compare this racial stratification sh*t to any organization that aims to be and stay successful. What component do they all have? Exclusivity. Not anybody can join them and you gotta earn your keeps. You gotta show 'em that you'll be an asset to that organization. You'll get vetted, background checks and all. Just wanna be down and being respectful ain't enough. Whether it's fraternities, criminal outfits, jobs,

No offense but f*ck that onedrop rule. Slavery been done and in my country the racial stratification was different anyway. Just cuz you have some black ancestry or share some of the same characteristics with us, don't make you one of us. F*ck these turncoats that wanna claim black when it's convenient for 'em.

Have you read Dreams From My Father?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »
    As said before, we are an accepting and forgiving bunch, to a fault. Perhaps this is a result of the exclusion we've faced over the years--whatever the reason may be, everyone isn't your friend nor should they be.

I don't know. I disagree with this. I think our acceptance and forgiveness is a strength. The people we accept and forgive usually aren't the ones that ? us over. Our problem is less with how we treat outsiders and more with how we treat our own. Accepting and/or forgiving people who are worthy of that is fine, but we are nearly that understanding when it comes out our own people. That's the problem. Nothing wrong with supporting the Asian store in the hood, but how come when a black person tries to get something similar off the ground and running, they can't get any support?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel apathetic to others.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We as black people are very compassionate people to others at a fault.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

I don't know. I disagree with this. I think our acceptance and forgiveness is a strength. The people we accept and forgive usually aren't the ones that ? us over. Our problem is less with how we treat outsiders and more with how we treat our own. Accepting and/or forgiving people who are worthy of that is fine, but we are nearly that understanding when it comes out our own people. That's the problem. Nothing wrong with supporting the Asian store in the hood, but how come when a black person tries to get something similar off the ground and running, they can't get any support?

It starts at home, I wanna switch lanes for a sec...you can see how these universities are getting the top players, I once was heard that the top players were attending the HBCU schools, what happened?? why isn't the number one recruit in the nation trying to break his neck to go to these HBCU schools instead of the white institutions. The player doesn't even have 1 HBCU school on his list to go and visit but the crazy part about this is, is parents and grandparents etc all attended and grew up on HBCU?
    And the sad part about when I see the dude press conference or coverage on what school he or she will pick his parents are skinning and grinning about his pick..I mean why not send our kids to the black schools...that's what making these networks and institutions rich..

They aint listening family.

• Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It starts at home, I wanna switch lanes for a sec...you can see how these universities are getting the top players, I once was heard that the top players were attending the HBCU schools, what happened?? why isn't the number one recruit in the nation trying to break his neck to go to these HBCU schools instead of the white institutions. The player doesn't even have 1 HBCU school on his list to go and visit but the crazy part about this is, is parents and grandparents etc all attended and grew up on HBCU?
    And the sad part about when I see the dude press conference or coverage on what school he or she will pick his parents are skinning and grinning about his pick..I mean why not send our kids to the black schools...that's what making these networks and institutions rich..

It's sad folk

and the crazy part about this whole system, when that player is through with his 4 years, he's either picking up your trash from your driveway or policing your neighborhood, or either he or his parents asking you to hook him up with some type of position at your company/job..That school that he went to for 4 years don't/can't get him a nice job in Corporate America all those fans 60k-100k that cheered for him on Saturday can't/wont throw him a bone..so why even waste your time supporting that institution when at the end of the day you're most likely won't have ? to show but to say you went to said school..
    I don't get it, but the parents (black) ones that come/and went to these HBCUs schools are who I blame..every black parent wanna bank on their kid making it to the NBA/NFL..
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

It's sad folk

and the crazy part about this whole system, when that player is through with his 4 years, he's either picking up your trash from your driveway or policing your neighborhood, or either he or his parents asking you to hook him up with some type of position at your company/job..That school that he went to for 4 years don't/can't get him a nice job in Corporate America all those fans 60k-100k that cheered for him on Saturday can't/wont throw him a bone..so why even waste your time supporting that institution when at the end of the day you're most likely won't have ? to show but to say you went to said school..
    I don't get it, but the parents (black) ones that come/and went to these HBCUs schools are who I blame..every black parent wanna bank on their kid making it to the NBA/NFL..

I live in the A, so I know this all to well.

The other factor here is, alot of these kids end being raised or heavily influenced by White Men via coaching.

• BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We should never stop being inclusive, but we should def put ourselves first.
    We are too inclusive / supportive of other races, all while not showing our own the same love.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Blacks ain't that forgiving towards eachother though. That forgiveness is only reserved for outsiders. That forgiveness you're talking about is just fear and cowardice.
    That 'acceptance' is blacks putting everybody else before themselves cuz deep down they don't like to be black. They don't accept themselves evidenced by the fact they like non-black features and such more than their own. Who get more love in the black community? Nappy headed, darkskinned blacks or mixed breeds? Nuff said...

Blacks run away from they blackness while trying to associate themselves with anyone else.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Blacks ain't that forgiving towards eachother though. That forgiveness is only reserved for outsiders. That forgiveness you're talking about is just fear and cowardice.
    That 'acceptance' is blacks putting everybody else before themselves cuz deep down they don't like to be black. They don't accept themselves evidenced by the fact they like non-black features and such more than their own. Who get more love in the black community? Nappy headed, darkskinned blacks or mixed breeds? Nuff said...

Blacks run away from they blackness while trying to associate themselves with anyone else.

You're partially agreeing with me. I already said that we aren't extending the same courtesies inward. I disagree that Black forgiveness and acceptance is fear and cowardice. I've never seen anyone forgive anyone out of fear. That doesn't really even make sense. If you fear someone, you'd be more incline not to forgive or forget the ? they've done to you. And I don't really see how accepting anyone is cowardice. It ain't like people of other races, make us accept them.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People said Matt was a good poster on here for years just to try to look like they were smarter than they really were soooo....
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    People said Matt was a good poster on here for years just to try to look like they were smarter than they really were soooo....

If this isnt the realest statement ever...smh And it took a white guy to say it. Smmfh

If i had a dollar for every 'Yo Matt is hilarious/funny/a troll/a good poster'. Fukin ? .

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where are you getting this stuff?