Options
    Edit

Wrong thread
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »
    People said Matt was a good poster on here for years just to try to look like they were smarter than they really were soooo....
    Hi Ki
    If this isnt the realest statement ever...smh And it took a white guy to say it. Smmfh

If i had a dollar for every 'Yo Matt is hilarious/funny/a troll/a good poster'. Fukin ? .
    Buut hiw do we apply this scenario to reality? I dint c him sayin the ? he said, among black groups in reality...and if u do i need to know where ur from

thats non transferable Internet ? , like most ? on this site

And on top of that, y do we ...er....yall assume everyone who cosigned him, hell everyone on this site period, is black? Cause i aint seein it

• Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, blacks need to start loving themselves more and outsiders less...
    Muhannad wrote: »
    R0mp wrote: »
    As said before, we are an accepting and forgiving bunch, to a fault. Perhaps this is a result of the exclusion we've faced over the years--whatever the reason may be, everyone isn't your friend nor should they be.

I don't know. I disagree with this. I think our acceptance and forgiveness is a strength. The people we accept and forgive usually aren't the ones that ? us over. Our problem is less with how we treat outsiders and more with how we treat our own. Accepting and/or forgiving people who are worthy of that is fine, but we are nearly that understanding when it comes out our own people. That's the problem. Nothing wrong with supporting the Asian store in the hood, but how come when a black person tries to get something similar off the ground and running, they can't get any support?
    Blacks ain't that forgiving towards eachother though. That forgiveness is only reserved for outsiders. That forgiveness you're talking about is just fear and cowardice.
    That 'acceptance' is blacks putting everybody else before themselves cuz deep down they don't like to be black. They don't accept themselves evidenced by the fact they like non-black features and such more than their own. Who get more love in the black community? Nappy headed, darkskinned blacks or mixed breeds? Nuff said...

Blacks run away from they blackness while trying to associate themselves with anyone else.

You're partially agreeing with me. I already said that we aren't extending the same courtesies inward. I disagree that Black forgiveness and acceptance is fear and cowardice. I've never seen anyone forgive anyone out of fear. That doesn't really even make sense. If you fear someone, you'd be more incline not to forgive or forget the ? they've done to you. And I don't really see how accepting anyone is cowardice. It ain't like people of other races, make us accept them.
    I labeled it fear and cowardice because these blacks that I'm referring to are scared to retaliate when an outsider does them wrong. It's easier to act like you are 'taking the highroad' than to get off your behind and retaliate. Especially when your foe is stronger/ better organized/ bigger etc.

The cowardice part was for the forgiveness, not acceptance. That black acceptance was more a lack of selflove/ low racial self esteem than anything else IMO.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Ain't Matt that whiteboy that posted in Cheap Seats? I ain't really see him post too much in other rooms. Was he taken seriously? Thought he was Bilfiger status...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I labeled it fear and cowardice because these blacks that I'm referring to are scared to retaliate when an outsider does them wrong. It's easier to act like you are 'taking the highroad' than to get off your behind and retaliate. Especially when your foe is stronger/ better organized/ bigger etc.

The cowardice part was for the forgiveness, not acceptance. That black acceptance was more a lack of selflove/ low racial self esteem than anything else IMO.

Got ya. I can cosign that to a degree. I still think you're being a little go general in assessments you're making though.
  • Muhannad
    Options

Got ya. I can cosign that to a degree. I still think you're being a little go general in assessments you're making though.
    Ofcourse I am lol. This whole thread was a generalization if you really look at it. Matter of fact most threads in g & s are.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    People said Matt was a good poster on here for years just to try to look like they were smarter than they really were soooo....
    Hi Ki
    If this isnt the realest statement ever...smh And it took a white guy to say it. Smmfh

If i had a dollar for every 'Yo Matt is hilarious/funny/a troll/a good poster'. Fukin ? .
    Buut hiw do we apply this scenario to reality? I dint c him sayin the ? he said, among black groups in reality...and if u do i need to know where ur from

And on top of that, y do we ...er....yall assume everyone who cosigned him, hell everyone on this site period, is black? Cause i aint seein it

I dont really undertdsand what you're saying.

Its a matter of asessemnt. There are certain things that dont transfer from the net to irl: (threats, stuntin, 'i bag all dimes', etc), then there are things that do-acceptance of white people into the culture is one. Caping for white people while putting the blame back on us is another.

Munny was spot on. Rather than take Matt's word for what he was---a racist-- cats would actually go out their way to give him the benefit of the doubt that there was deeper intellect, reason, and cunningness to what he was doing. Same as how we go out of our way to defend white people in trouble. See Barkley, nas w/ gwenyth paltrow, steve harvey w/ paula dean, kurupt w/ Donald Sterling, kendrick lamar last week, etc.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are threatened by us. Thats why when a white boy walk in a black spot, ? really dont pay him no mind, but when a black guy walk in on some white ? , its almost like they let all the air out the building and wont proceed with their whiteness till the black guy either a.) leaves or b.) ensures them he is a well speaking non offensive black who wont try to holler at their woman.

Its a great point you made but I dont think its a respect yourself thing. Its more about knowing your history and your place in this world.

What is self-respect when you look at yourself as the lowest of the low. Do to the truncated history they have pushed on us, the best we can be is individuals, in a world full of other cultures working together and reveling in the past present and future. They built civilizations, we built basketball dynasties, they explored the world, we got out of the hood, its all brainwashed ? .

We as Black Americans are in a very peculiar situation where we only have about 400 years worth of history to build a cultural identity with. They took the bible from us, the moors, all of our architectural/naval feats from egypt, to britain all the way to the americas. The fact that we were the ? vikings they hold so dear and consultants to the men that built the USA on our timeless principals.

We speak from the perspective of a people that have been oppressed for our whole experience and I believe this gives other "races" the thought that they can offer their pity/sympathy and try to understand what its like to be at the very bottom of the totem poll. They treat us like we are children who cannot grasp why the world works the way it does as if they have it all figured out, but we are the ones who let them in the discussion because we ourselves dont have the answers. Civil rights should never be a debate but more so "when are yall gonna stop ? us over" but they always want to make it two sided discussion as if its all perception and we just might be crazy.

The most important thing for our people is to learn our history before slavery, be proud of it and tell as many people as possible.

We are not powerless and we are not victims. The moors enslaved white people for 600 years, centuries before the trans atlantic slave trade. We have been leaders, we have been the richest in the world, had the strongest militaries, looked down on whites as less than us and used there woman as ? toys. Why do you think a majority arabs today are of mixed descent?

The narrative of our education system really has us undervaluing are ability to succeed.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    Options
    Hi Ki

I dont really undertdsand what you're saying.

Its a matter of asessemnt. There are certain things that dont transfer from the net to irl: (threats, stuntin, 'i bag all dimes', etc), then there are things that do-acceptance of white people into the culture is one. Caping for white people while putting the blame back on us is another.

Munny was spot on. Rather than take Matt's word for what he was---a racist-- cats would actually go out their way to give him the benefit of the doubt that there was deeper intellect, reason, and cunningness to what he was doing. Same as how we go out of our way to defend white people in trouble. See Barkley, nas w/ gwenyth paltrow, steve harvey w/ paula dean, kurupt w/ Donald Sterling, kendrick lamar last week, etc.

That's show business hollywood ? . U seldom get genuine black discourse in the mainstream arena...that ? Dnt.apply to this

We play ourselves cross referencing ourselves wit black celebrities...as far as im concerned they live in alternative realities...leave what they say where they say.

Its no secret that we carry ourselves differently among others(ie work etc) than we do when were among our own, we cant take ? words said publicly at work too seriously cause of politics, so we damn sure shouldn't invest stock into someone the whole white world can pull the rug from up under, cause they have to answer to that white world

Reverend Wrights church fiasco, equals genuine black discourse for america to see...as we saw, america cant stomach it. Steve Harvey, barkley, nas etc is ? lookin for buttah biscuits/brownie points/ promotions from white people

We need to separate the two

• $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Awesome thread... But I consider myself black . My parents are of Mayan decent and African. Were from Belize . My maya mom taught us that we were African and that's how the world will view us so me being may be visable but there is no way you can tell me I'm not Blacc period!
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Awesome thread... But I consider myself black . My parents are of Mayan decent and African. Were from Belize . My maya mom taught us that we were African and that's how the world will view us so me being may be visable but there is no way you can tell me I'm not Blacc period!
    Are you garifuna?
  • I Self Lord & Master
    Options
    Are you garifuna?

While were on the subject , if ur on chicago, check this spot out

http://www.garifunaflava.com

Grrat food, and if u catch it on the right nite its like.a club.

full of Central American and Caribbean women of all colors
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago got Caribbeans like that?
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you garifuna?

Yes I am and maya!
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

yep
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

yep

Hmm i thought it was all country folk there
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    He might not be black but...tumblr_n76fnxSRAO1qzpy7ko1_1280.jpg

...CAC was mad niggerish bruh

You mean that same CAC that brought in damn near all the racist ass mandatory minimum drug sentencing laws?

Most of that ? was done under the Clinton administration.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Clinton didn't bring in any of that stuff. He may not have vetoed it when Congress pushed it, but that's a much different thing than saying he brought it in.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clinton didn't bring in any of that stuff. He may not have vetoed it when Congress pushed it, but that's a much different thing than saying he brought it in.

We both exagerrating me with saying "damn near all" and you saying he "didn't bring in any"
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

We both exagerrating me with saying "damn near all" and you saying he "didn't bring in any"

Yeah, you're probably right. Politics is never as simple as we want it to be.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Blacks came up along side Whites in this country and had the ill luck of being DEFINED by our standing in relation to White people,,,,,All the other races who came here had the luxury of only having to wait til their culture/nationality was recognized and accepted in parallel to the Protestant Western Eurocentric identity of the country...And that even applies to Non African American Black such as Haitians, Jamaicans, Kenyans, Nigerians, etc.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »
    As said before, we are an accepting and forgiving bunch, to a fault. Perhaps this is a result of the exclusion we've faced over the years--whatever the reason may be, everyone isn't your friend nor should they be.

I don't know. I disagree with this. I think our acceptance and forgiveness is a strength. The people we accept and forgive usually aren't the ones that ? us over. Our problem is less with how we treat outsiders and more with how we treat our own. Accepting and/or forgiving people who are worthy of that is fine, but we are nearly that understanding when it comes out our own people. That's the problem. Nothing wrong with supporting the Asian store in the hood, but how come when a black person tries to get something similar off the ground and running, they can't get any support?

It starts at home, I wanna switch lanes for a sec...you can see how these universities are getting the top players, I once heard that the top players were attending the HBCU schools, what happened?? why isn't the number one recruit in the nation trying to break his neck to go to these HBCU schools instead of the white institutions. The player doesn't even have 1 HBCU school on his list to go and visit but the crazy part about this is, his/her parents and grandparents etc all attended and grew up on HBCU?
    And the sad part about when I see the dude press conference or coverage on what school he or she will pick his parents are skinning and grinning about his pick..I mean why not send our kids to the black schools...that's what making these networks and institutions rich..

and that's how you know there are levels to this ?

AAs have truly gotten away from their sense of community because they have let an important institution languish at the expense of our own people

you actually got black folks today who willingly don't give a damn about HBCUs and then wonder why so many of our kids are brainswashed to be more inclusive of other groups

• CHICAGO_BREED
    CHICAGO_BREED Members Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^thats a major point of why blacks can be treated so carelessly everywhere.

Korean-americans would never die on the streets or be incarcerated like we do here. They have a nation that would issue threats on their behalf.

Well anytime a black person tries to establish something of power or a safe haven either the leader is assassinated or put under the jail, so that comment has no merit in my opinion.
  • vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    like blacks are the only inclusive culture on earth lol

some of you folks are a bit out of touch what the world looks like outside your little hemisphere, there are a lot of inclusive cultures, jus sayin...
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    like blacks are the only inclusive culture on earth lol

some of you folks are a bit out of touch what the world looks like outside your little hemisphere, there are a lot of inclusive cultures, jus sayin...

Such as? Not saying you're wrong, but what other cultures do you consider to be inclusive?