• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Ounceman wrote: »
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Chip Kelly gonna anything it takes to get Mariota

That's what I'm hoping for.

I also heard the browns soon to be qb coach is having private workout sessions with him as well. would be hard to turn down a 12th and 19th spot in the 1st

That would be pretty sweet. If we went defense twice and we end up with Shelton and Beasley/Dupree or Fowler/Beasley and one of the top corner/Shelton. I heard some rumors that LaBeau could be bringing in some washed up steelers smh. I guess I would lent mind taking out a flyer on Troy P but other then that I'm good. Trading down is the best thing that can happen for us. We need talent at almost every position. We have to hit big in FA as well. I want Justin Houston but he probably won't leave KC so we should go after a much cheaper Orakpo. A vet corner would make sense too

I with you all the way about going defense twice. And as far as FA is concerned, smith said he would open up the wallet this offseason so here's to hope he does. If so, I'm like you i dont think Houston is leaving the chiefs so I'd look at Tamba Hali instead. he's a proven player at 4-3 DE and a 3-4 OLB. JPP should be targeted as well. Im also thinking if the patriots don't franchise devin mccourty, he would want to come play along side his twin brother. that would be an ideal situation. also i want crabtree at WR. And do you think any of the FA players from the chargers would want to come play for whiz? if so, i say sign brandon flowers immediately. although he may come with a hefty price tag

Can JPP stand up? I don't know about that. Hali would be solid depending on his asking price. We need OLBs more then anything else. I'm confident McCourty gets the tag or is re signed. Pollard is getting cut but I like Stafford and wouldn't mind rolling with him as the starter. Flowers would be dope I wanted him last year when he was available but I think he would cost too much. The last few seasons we have gone after big fish we just haven't been able to land them from Payton to Mario Williams. It wouldn't shock me if we went after Donkey Kong Suh or Houston but ultimately it would be smarter to sign more guys for less due to our lack of talent. We got money to blow tho.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Report: Tampa Bay leaning towards Mariota at #1

First things first: The 2015 NFL Draft is 76 days away. A lot will change in that time, starting with next weekend's combine. After that, there will be pro days and individual workouts, all in an effort to determine when and if a player should be drafted.

The Buccaneers have the No. 1 pick, and by releasing Josh McCown this week, they made it clear that they will be in the market for a quarterback (CBSSports.com's Will Brinson wrote about just that Thursday.) The top two candidates are Oregon's Marcus Mariota and Florida State's Jameis Winston. And according to BleacherReport.com's Jason Cole, Mariota is the early favorite to end up in Tampa.

"According to the sources I have talked to, at this point in time, the Bucs are leaning towards taking Marcus Mariota because they believe he is the safer option," Cole said Friday, adding one pretty important caveat.

"However, it is way early in the process, and there is a lot to discuss between these two. It may be the most hotly discussed debates on quarterbacks since Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf [in 1998].

"From a physical standpoint, Jameis Winston appears to be the better prospect; he's played in a pro-style offense, he's made the throws, he knows how to make anticipation throws, knows how to make all of the reads, has all the physical aspects you're looking for.

"With Mariota, he's a big man and a fast man," Cole continued. "He's played in that Chip Kelly offense, which does not necessarily project to playing in most NFL [offenses]. You have to wonder if he knows how to make the anticipation throws, make the reads that go with playing in the NFL. That is the big concern, particularly with how he played in the college playoffs this year. ...

"But right now, the safe option is to go with Mariota, who has none of the off-field transgressions that Jameis Winston had when he was at Florida State."
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

First things first: The 2015 NFL Draft is 76 days away. A lot will change in that time, starting with next weekend's combine. After that, there will be pro days and individual workouts, all in an effort to determine when and if a player should be drafted.

The Buccaneers have the No. 1 pick, and by releasing Josh McCown this week, they made it clear that they will be in the market for a quarterback (CBSSports.com's Will Brinson wrote about just that Thursday.) The top two candidates are Oregon's Marcus Mariota and Florida State's Jameis Winston. And according to BleacherReport.com's Jason Cole, Mariota is the early favorite to end up in Tampa.

"According to the sources I have talked to, at this point in time, the Bucs are leaning towards taking Marcus Mariota because they believe he is the safer option," Cole said Friday, adding one pretty important caveat.

"However, it is way early in the process, and there is a lot to discuss between these two. It may be the most hotly discussed debates on quarterbacks since Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf [in 1998].

"From a physical standpoint, Jameis Winston appears to be the better prospect; he's played in a pro-style offense, he's made the throws, he knows how to make anticipation throws, knows how to make all of the reads, has all the physical aspects you're looking for.

"With Mariota, he's a big man and a fast man," Cole continued. "He's played in that Chip Kelly offense, which does not necessarily project to playing in most NFL [offenses]. You have to wonder if he knows how to make the anticipation throws, make the reads that go with playing in the NFL. That is the big concern, particularly with how he played in the college playoffs this year. ...

"But right now, the safe option is to go with Mariota, who has none of the off-field transgressions that Jameis Winston had when he was at Florida State."

? ..
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope they take him.

Stay at the bottom Tampa Bay
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? ..

Man ? "? ". Jameis dumb ways, was finna catch up with him.
    but, I say that's wassup. Imagine if Teddy was Drafted by the Browns???
    If an organization is thinking safe, instead of who's the best ,then ? em. They ain't about winning. A ? like Jameis don't need to b there.

From a physical standpoint, Jameis Winston appears to be the better prospect; he's played in a pro-style offense, he's made the throws, he knows how to make anticipation throws, knows how to make all of the reads, has all the physical aspects you're looking for.

"With Mariota, he's a big man and a fast man,"
    Its The Browns all over again.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Mariota is tall but dude shoulders is small. He can't put much more weight on.

He's skinny. He's built like a basketball player.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

? ..

Man ? "? ". Jameis dumb ways, was finna catch up with him.
    but, I say that's wassup. Imagine if Teddy was Drafted by the Browns???
    If an organization is thinking safe, instead of who's the best ,then ? em. They ain't about winning. A ? like Jameis don't need to b there.

From a physical standpoint, Jameis Winston appears to be the better prospect; he's played in a pro-style offense, he's made the throws, he knows how to make anticipation throws, knows how to make all of the reads, has all the physical aspects you're looking for.

"With Mariota, he's a big man and a fast man,"
    Its The Browns all over again.

Teams are going to be more willing to trade up for Mariota then Winston. If Mariotta goes 1 then our chances of moving the pick go down significantly
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Its TeddyB N Manziel all over again.
    Reasearch showed, Teddy was clearly the better QB, but the browns let a" homeless guy" choose their franchise player.
    It worked out well 4 Teddy tho.
    I think Jameis will dodge a bullet.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

Its TeddyB N Manziel all over again.
    Reasearch showed, Teddy was clearly the better QB, but the browns let a" homeless guy" choose their franchise player.
    It worked out well 4 Teddy tho.
    I think Jameis will dodge a bullet.

I honestly want my team to grab him.

I think Brees skills is fading.

Time to look to the future. Ain't nobody wowing me anyways besides Cooper. And he will be gone.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sign Revis long term, franchise Mccourty, draft some offensive line depth, re work Mayo's contract or trade him, draft some defensive line depth, resign Vereen long term, let Ridley walk, draft a kicker if Goatkowski gets overpaid elsewhere, re work Amendola's contract and re sign Connolly

Superbowl

New dynasty
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marcus got 4.4 speed?
  • Max.
    Options
    Mike mayock position ranks
    Quarterback
    1. Jameis Winston, Florida State
    2. Marcus Mariota, Oregon
    3. Bryce Petty, Baylor
    4. Brett Hundley, UCLA
    5. Garrett Grayson, Colorado State

Running back
    1. Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin
    2. Todd Gurley, Georgia
    3. Ameer Abdullah, Nebraska
    4. Duke Johnson, Miami (Fla.)
    5. Tevin Coleman, Indiana

Wide receiver
    1. Kevin White, West Virginia
    2. Amari Cooper, Alabama
    3. DeVante Parker, Louisville
    4. Dorial Green-Beckham, Missouri
    5. Devin Funchess, Michigan

Tight end
    1. Maxx Williams, Minnesota
    2. Clive Walford, Miami (Fla.)
    3. Nick O'Leary, Florida State
    4. Tyler Kroft, Rutgers
    5. Ben Koyack, Notre Dame
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gordon must be over Gurley because of the ACL and I'm surprised Cooper ain't his #1 wideout. Ain't seen no tape of the tight end from Minnesota but that ? from Miami is good
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hundley is a better qb then marroti
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Hundley is a better qb then marroti

I think so too
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    The NFL is crossing the ? line with this Greg Hardy ? .

It's getting crazy.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's getting crazy.

What happened now?
  • Shizlansky
    Options

It's getting crazy.

What happened now?

NFL filed a motion to for the state to turnover evidence in the case.

So they can act as a judge, jury and executioner so they can hand down their own Verdict of guilty or innocent.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Cuz need to put down them crab legs
  • Max.
    Options
    What yall think about the WR's?

Whos the best n who got the most potential?

1 Kevin White, West Virginia
    2. Amari Cooper, Alabama
    3. DeVante Parker, Louisville
    4. Dorial Green-Beckham, Missouri
    5. Devin Funchess, Michigan
  • Max.
    Options
    The rest of mayocks board
    5. Tre' Jackson, Florida State

Offensive tackle
    1. T.J. Clemmings, Pittsburgh