The Official 2015 NFL Offseason/Draft Thread

Options

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton doesn't anticipate a contract extension for quarterback Drew Brees in the near future, he told Pro Football Talk while at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis.

Brees has two years left on his five-year, $100 million contract, with big salary-cap hits of $26.4 million and $27.4 million looming in 2015 and '16, respectively.

An extension could make sense as a way to push some of those cap costs into future years for the Saints, who currently are projected to be around $25 million to $30 million over the salary cap. But Payton made it seem like that's not an option the Saints are considering.

This ? makes absolutely no ? sense to me. I'm just about done with the Sean Payton era in New Orleans. Drew Br-INT-ees is hogging up all the salary cap, I mean WTF?!

Brees best years are behind him. Plus the rest of the league dunn figured that offense out.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    [Report]: Eagles to trade four draft picks to Jets for Mariota

Rumors are floating around that the Philadelphia Eagles and New York Jets could potentially engage in a blockbuster draft day trade. According to the New York Daily News, if the Eagles are willing to trade both their 2015 and 2016 first-and-second-round picks to the Jets for their No. 6 pick it would be a “win-win” for both teams. By the time the No. 6 pick rolls around and the Jets are on the clock and Mariota is still available the Jets are in a position to pull off a huge trade.

Hopefully he falls to 2 and we swoop in on that deal.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton doesn't anticipate a contract extension for quarterback Drew Brees in the near future, he told Pro Football Talk while at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis.

Brees has two years left on his five-year, $100 million contract, with big salary-cap hits of $26.4 million and $27.4 million looming in 2015 and '16, respectively.

An extension could make sense as a way to push some of those cap costs into future years for the Saints, who currently are projected to be around $25 million to $30 million over the salary cap. But Payton made it seem like that's not an option the Saints are considering.

This ? makes absolutely no ? sense to me. I'm just about done with the Sean Payton era in New Orleans. Drew Br-INT-ees is hogging up all the salary cap, I mean WTF?!

Brees best years are behind him. Plus the rest of the league dunn figured that offense out.

He's still one of the very best in the short passing game, it's the deep passing game that's the issue because of declining arm strength. That's why I think we need to commit more to running the football, the short passing game, and picking up receivers who can create big plays out of run and catch situations.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He's still one of the very best in the short passing game, it's the deep passing game that's the issue because of declining arm strength. That's why I think we need to commit more to running the football, the short passing game, and picking up receivers who can create big plays out of run and catch situations.

Exactly.

Short passes

Maybe two shots a game.

But that's coach fault. He knows we don't have the WR that can just make a play on bad passes.

But Brees is still top 5.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Only a cpl teams spoke with Winston and the Saints is one of them.

What's going on
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Only a cpl teams spoke with Winston and the Saints is one of them.

What's going on

Nothin.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Exactly.

Short passes

Maybe two shots a game.

But that's coach fault. He knows we don't have the WR that can just make a play on bad passes.

But Brees is still top 5.

top 5 in what?!

jpyTI.gif
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    1st in yards
    4th in TDs
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Among the top in completion % too, don't know what the hell this marc123 is basing his judgement on? My only problem with Drew is all these ? INTs he throws trying to force ? plays, hence the reason I call him Drew Br-INT-ees.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That WR from miami got fuckn wheels
  • Shizlansky
    Options
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    That WR from miami got fuckn wheels

Dorsett. Only a ? like Folden can lead a team to 6-7 with a bunch of kids going into the league.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9TRAY wrote: »
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Man I hope Winston does good in the NFL smh

I hope Winston falls to the 7th pick so the Bears can draft him, but that ain't happening

jay is yall franchise and dont you forget it

frustrated.gif
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4 picks tho? Smh
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img][/img]FkNwCwz.jpg

I'm up hyped bumpin some Wu beats and waiting for the RB/WR/QB combine...especially the 40s....? gonna get live today.
  • DillaDeaf
    Options
    Philip Dorsett from the U with the 4.43 on his first try (he stumbled so it could had been better)...waiting for his second run.
  • DillaDeaf
    Options
    2nd run ...Philip brought it down to 4.33

Now the first group of RBs should be shortly.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He runs a 4.43 can run all the routes and got hands no brainer you draft #AmariCooper don't make the same mistake you did when you didn't draft Megatron #Raiders
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Nick Marshall costed himself a lot of money playing QB

Listening to coaches talking about but the best chance you have the win is playing quarterback, how about the best chance to succeed for himself in the NFL he should stuck to playing DB.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch they make it a big deal outta Winston running a 4.97
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Romo ran a 5.0 he doin iight in the league....damn sure dont look like he's slow on sundays.Most of this combine ? dont mean nothing come gameday.Its borderline worthless.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After that 4.35 the ghost of Al Davis gonna take Kevin White 4.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    After that 4.35 the ghost of Al Davis gonna take Kevin White 4.

They saying he's one of the top WR.

I don't know much about him but they said he's top 10 talent.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want cooper or white

Lol @ fat ass running 4.9 its ier crab legs on deck