The Get Down (Netflix Original) - 2016 (Season 2 2017 has begun)

Options

Comments

• shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Show was better then I expected

I like how everything is so over the top and flamboyant and how the djs, graffiti artists are being built up to be these mythical beings. A lot of what makes hip hop culture great

Zeek, Jimmy smits, shaolin have really embodied their characters

The music was lit

Shaolin is fine

Oddly enough I'm alil attracted to Cadillac... Bruh is a coke head and can be a ? up... but i like his style

Jaden Smith's acting leaves a lot to be desired. He got better as the season went on

Lol @ Zeeks introduction to punk. It was kinda cliche. And alil random. But the show tag line is it's a coming-of-age romance about two Bronx teens growing up during the rise of hip- hop, disco and punk in 1977...so I wonder if the daughter will be our punk conduit as the series goes on

Like how Zeek kept his integrity and didn't let ed kochs man lead him to far astray

The dj battle in ep 6 was lit. Boo stole the show

Can't wait for prt 2...

Wonder how long the show will last...it is one of the most expensive tv shows netflix has produced and the reviews haven't been all that favorable
  • desertrain10
    Options
    Does it bother another else watching scenes like when the teacher basically asked Zeek if he wants to be a field ? and know that it was more then likely conjured up by a group of white men sitting around a table in Manhattan, LA somewhere sipping Star Bucks

It's nothing new and the writing has been good, just makes u think
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does it bother another else watching scenes like when the teacher basically asked Zeek if he wants to be a field ? and know that it was more then likely conjured up by a group of white men sitting around a table in Manhattan, LA somewhere sipping Star Bucks

it was created by white dudes but the writers are mostly black
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

I like how everything is so over the top and flamboyant and how the djs, graffiti artists are being built up to be these mythical beings. A lot of what makes hip hop culture great

The music was lit

Shaolin is fine

Oddly enough I'm alil attracted to Cadillac... Bruh is a coke head and can be a ? up... but i like his style

Jaden Smith's acting leaves a lot to be desired. He got better as the season went on

Lol @ Zeeks introduction to punk. It was kinda cliche. And alil random. But the show tag line is it's a coming-of-age romance about two Bronx teens growing up during the rise of hip- hop, disco and punk in 1977...so I wonder if the daughter will be our punk conduit as the series goes on

Like how Zeek kept his integrity and didn't let ed kochs man lead him to far astray

Can't wait for prt 2...

Wonder how long the show will last...it is one of the most expensive tv shows netflix has produced and the reviews haven't been all that favorable

He damn sure did...like he knew walking on the set that day "I gotta ? the MJ part" lol...I feel like him and Zeke are gonna be the 2 who take music the most serious out the crew
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I bugging or is the kid who plays Boo the real life lil brother of Ghost s son
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    On the first episode...

When the ? told Maylene he love her and she said she don't love him, she don't want no boy...

All I could see was this..
    mjfls.gif

That's why I said I would of stunted on that ? too if I was Books. She only want him not that he starting to put himself on, BIIIIITCH you wasn't with me shooting in the gym.

Nah she wanted him to help her get on. He knew that and was fed up. The push and pull between those two would frustrate anyone (rightfully so). He tried to cut the cord but the minute ? went south...

It's kind of funny seeing the girl who was once his only aspiration transform into a distraction from any other goal. I think that "tug of war" might be the crux of this series.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is dope!!
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Still on the first episode. ? Mylene yo!!
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? u ? . Mylene is dope
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Man I dnt even watch TV like that but this show is official. Been staying up till 3am everynight to watch these joints lol the "musical" ? don't make it too corny and all the OG Hip Hop ? + Mylene and her two friends lawd hammercy. All the way in for Ep2.

i hope the uncle dont smash his sister in law but I see it comin :s but like somebody else said Mylene just might be his daughter
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Boo was performing at 34th Street Penn Station

• Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant wait for part 2!!
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

? u ? . Mylene is dope

You welcome the friendzone, huh, ? ?
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

? u ? . Mylene is dope

You welcome the friendzone, huh, ? ?

That ? smashing...what you talking about "friendzone" for?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    On the first episode...

When the ? told Maylene he love her and she said she don't love him, she don't want no boy...

All I could see was this..
    mjfls.gif

Yeah I felt that ether. She ain't had to do him like that tho. Lol.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Just finished Ep 6. ? was so fonky at the end. Feel good music. Very well done. Ready for Part 2.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea that bothered me... cuz the opposite of a field ? is a house ? and that's still within the realm of "slave mentality"... I'd feel like the teacher would be smarter than that... I'd have to watch that scene over again because I'm paraphrasing...
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Yo, what tha ? did Zeek do with that roach!?
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smash Zeek'a aunt tho.

I thought the aunt'a bf was a azzzhole tho in the beginning. ? azzz ? who STAYED in his house robe. Especially when he was ? about that damn toothpaste. Lol.

But muthafucca probably spit some of the realest s*** to Zeek throughout that entire series. His respect level went up after that. He actually did care about Zeek'a and also saw his potential.

My respect for unc went up when he thought he was clowning Zeke about working for him and the aunt was like "you always said...." damn, I can't remember what he always says, something about having initiative and hustle...but anyway, unc was like, "Damn, I do be saying that don't I?" Lol
  • desertrain10
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

The music was lit

Shaolin is fine

Can't wait for prt 2...

He damn sure did...like he knew walking on the set that day "I gotta ? the MJ part" lol...I feel like him and Zeke are gonna be the 2 who take music the most serious out the crew

Yea I can see that

Feel like the oldest brother will get into the management side of things

I dunno about Diz lol