The Get Down (Netflix Original) - 2016 (Season 2 2017 has begun)

Options

Comments

• desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    Does it bother another else watching scenes like when the teacher basically asked Zeek if he wants to be a field ? and know that it was more then likely conjured up by a group of white men sitting around a table in Manhattan, LA somewhere sipping Star Bucks

It's nothing new and the writing has been good, just makes u think

Yea that bothered me... cuz the opposite of a field ? is a house ? and that's still within the realm of "slave mentality"... I'd feel like the teacher would be smarter than that... I'd have to watch that scene over again because I'm paraphrasing...

I may have been mistaken she may have said 'slave mentality' rather then 'field slave'
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Show was better then I expected

I like how everything is so over the top and flamboyant and how the djs, graffiti artists are being built up to be these mythical beings. A lot of what makes hip hop culture great

Zeek, Jimmy smits, shaolin have really embodied their characters

The music was lit

Shaolin is fine

Oddly enough I'm alil attracted to Cadillac... Bruh is a coke head and can be a ? up... but i like his style

Jaden Smith's acting leaves a lot to be desired. He got better as the season went on

Lol @ Zeeks introduction to punk. It was kinda cliche. And alil random. But the show tag line is it's a coming-of-age romance about two Bronx teens growing up during the rise of hip- hop, disco and punk in 1977...so I wonder if the daughter will be our punk conduit as the series goes on

Like how Zeek kept his integrity and didn't let ed kochs man lead him to far astray

The dj battle in ep 6 was lit. Boo stole the show

Can't wait for prt 2...

Wonder how long the show will last...it is one of the most expensive tv shows netflix has produced and the reviews haven't been all that favorable

He damn sure did...like he knew walking on the set that day "I gotta ? the MJ part" lol...I feel like him and Zeke are gonna be the 2 who take music the most serious out the crew

Yea I can see that

Feel like the oldest brother will get into the management side of things

I dunno about Diz lol

Lol let's hope they become a self contained unit and Diz starts making Zeke's album covers. I can't deal with another ending a kid's life on a sad ass story like The Wire and what happened with ? . Still hurts to see him become a dope fiend lol
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Just started... Right out the gate, Mylene friend is a wonderful trollop. My 17 year old self woulda been on her ass. And how the ? Will Smith let his son be such a terrible actor?! Ain't none of that ? rubbed off on him at all

Damn... Homie went in with that poem

They gon make me go cop some puma classics
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    That little Puerto Rican girl ain't underage in real life is she?

Pls say no, pls say no
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

Pls say no, pls say no

Who gon be first to do that research tho?
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »

Pls say no, pls say no

She 22

Confirmed? In that case...

aro4swqzvkij.png

http://www.wmagazine.com/story/meet-the-young-stars-of-the-get-down-netflixs-hip-hop-spectacular
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    This is even better than I hoped it would be
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cybertr0n wrote: »
    Boo was performing at 34th Street Penn Station

more from TJ Brown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNj02b1KsvM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SjifVg9zW4
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Grandmaster Flash Talks "The Theory" Of Being A HipHop DJ & The Beginnings Of Hip-Hop!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3YXyK-gWvc
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Finished Ep. 5. This ? is righteous. Mylene can get all sorts of D. Shao's discipline - for the most part - is admirable.

Where's the soundtrack? It took me three episodes before I figured out that was the GOAT Nasir doing the voiceovers. Nas is the ? Greatest Of ALL Time of this Hip-Hop ? , B. Hands down.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Show was better then I expected

I like how everything is so over the top and flamboyant and how the djs, graffiti artists are being built up to be these mythical beings. A lot of what makes hip hop culture great

Zeek, Jimmy smits, shaolin have really embodied their characters

The music was lit

Shaolin is fine

Oddly enough I'm alil attracted to Cadillac... Bruh is a coke head and can be a ? up... but i like his style

Jaden Smith's acting leaves a lot to be desired. He got better as the season went on

Lol @ Zeeks introduction to punk. It was kinda cliche. And alil random. But the show tag line is it's a coming-of-age romance about two Bronx teens growing up during the rise of hip- hop, disco and punk in 1977...so I wonder if the daughter will be our punk conduit as the series goes on

Like how Zeek kept his integrity and didn't let ed kochs man lead him to far astray

The dj battle in ep 6 was lit. Boo stole the show

Can't wait for prt 2...

Wonder how long the show will last...it is one of the most expensive tv shows netflix has produced and the reviews haven't been all that favorable

He damn sure did...like he knew walking on the set that day "I gotta ? the MJ part" lol...I feel like him and Zeke are gonna be the 2 who take music the most serious out the crew

Yea I can see that

Feel like the oldest brother will get into the management side of things

I dunno about Diz lol

Lol let's hope they become a self contained unit and Diz starts making Zeke's album covers. I can't deal with another ending a kid's life on a sad ass story like The Wire and what happened with ? . Still hurts to see him become a dope fiend lol

Saw that ? coming with that ? a mile away. Truthfully it was sad cause that lil ? got hooked on that ? in the 9th grade.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Found the soundtrack on Apple. "Rule the World" is my ? right now. The battle track vs The Notorious 3 should be jamming on the radio right now, as should "Set Me Free".
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mylene's father is crazy and doesn't want to let go.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn good show most definitely interested in part 2 when it's on Netflix.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Starting episode 1

Lmao at Gus fring?

All these ? Rican tho?
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? way past dope.

did I hear that final scene correct? is mylene the uncles daughter?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    ? way past dope.

Dunno. But I was thinking that same exact thing to.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    I miss that part at the end if it happened but theyre damn sure leading that way with other little ? that happened.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The uncle and Mylene's mama was standing on the office. Kinda lookin like they were getting themselves together after they had sex.

I think she mentioned something about "We can't do this". Then said something "My Mylene", but the context and the way he said it sorta indicated the Unc might be Mylene's father. Wouldn't be surprised considerin his brother got two other 2 kids.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    ? way past dope.

no, it wouldnt make sense because the father got 2 girls pregnant and mylene is the oldest
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Mylene is the uncle daughter as well. That ? wouldn't be dropping off that much bread to his brother just to keep him afloat if it wasn't. Not saying he wouldn't look out for his brother but the uncle gave Mylene mother a nice chuck of change just to help his brother struggling church.