SMDH.. Madison,WI pigs ? 19 yr old unarmed young black man in cold blood...

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    taeboo wrote: »
    I don't think this is so much a racial issue here, Madison has a trigger happy police force. There has been multiple cop shootings here for the past couple of years. They killed an unarmed white guy a couple years back which is why we have an out of state independent investigation law now. That cop also had a history of being quick to shoot and basically getting off scott free.

I been wanting thing implemented nationally. How is it working out?

The law was just implemented a few months ago, so we shall see...

Yeah, I envisioned it as something that automatically happens when there is a police shooting, is it set up that way?
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Black lives matter"

B_e9qG8UYAAbpvP.jpg

According to the new school internet niggras and millennial bi-racial mongrels he aint black doe

Soooooo imma need det slogan back up out ya potna 7OT5C9f.png I thought they said bi-racial people don't get killed by cops because white people can tell that they aren't black

Thaaaat's right, white mama, let daddy see those tears
    3smSjR6.gif
    Stiff wrote: »
    Didn't a lot of new school bi-racials, non-american blacks, and jealous, hair-hatted dark butts on the internet say that light skin ? have it easy? And that the one drop rule is dead? So is the one drop rule still dead or nah? Or is it really all of you ? are black and dangerous in the eyes of the white world?

Yes, I do think I recall a few of these conversations
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    White folks found Some "dirt" on him already .

266DE1B100000578-2984558-image-m-44_1425785497016.jpg

266DE1B900000578-2984558-image-a-45_1425785502751.jpg

Cop who killed unarmed black teen in Wisconsin is named as it's revealed the victim has a conviction for an armed home invasion

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2984558/Tony-Robinson-shot-dead-cop-Wisconson-unarmed-police-confirm-city-mayor-describes-shooting-tragedy-description.html#ixzz3TohzXfyQ

Sorry to say, but its a Wrap . This is exactly what White ppls been hoping for...& we gave it to em . *SMH*
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Options
    I Remember getting Kicked outta high school & not being of Legal age to go to Jail, so i was on House arrest for some time......My Mom gave me "The Talk" again .

She said "You made a Mistake, luckily you made them early enough for them to be Sealed and hopefully expunged from your Juvenile record . When you turn 18, you're an Adult . If you get in trouble then, Your will be FOREVER Labeled as 'Just another No Good Black Thug' . Despite how petty the charge is, Your Skin color makes it look 10x worse than it really is . They already have a Picture painted of what you are in their (white folk) mind .
    . . . DON'T Paint it for them . Fly Straight, Do the Right Thing from here on Out ."

& ever since then, I've never been arrested as an Adult .
    I Don't even want to give them the Satisfaction . . .
  • r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    White folks found "Some" dirt on him already .

Cop who killed unarmed black teen in Wisconsin is named as it's revealed the victim has a conviction for an armed home invasion

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2984558/Tony-Robinson-shot-dead-cop-Wisconson-unarmed-police-confirm-city-mayor-describes-shooting-tragedy-description.html#ixzz3TohzXfyQ

Sorry to say, but its a Wrap . This is exactly what White ppls been hoping for...& we gave it to em . *SMH*

What does that even mean?????

? , I swear.
    What does his run in with the law, have to do with what transpired when he got killed????

These cacs play a game , by bringing up dirt that have nothing to do with what happened... Just ask them, What does the dirt have to do with what happened, when he got killed.

I think they bring up a lot black men past so they can say the police are justified and we black people are just defending thugs and the police aren't on ? .
  • JonnyRoccIT
    edited March 2015
    Options

? , I swear.
    What does his run in with the law, have to do with what transpired when he got killed????

These cacs play a game , by bringing up dirt that have nothing to do with what happened... Just ask them, What does the dirt have to do with what happened, when he got killed.

Bro Pleaded Guilty to Hittin licks...I'm saying we as Youths think that ? is cool at the moment but we're unknowingly setting ourselves up for Failure . That ? taints you even more as is . The only reason i'm saying it matters because they can do ? like this & use their History to Justify murder . We've seen it over & over again . . . why give them any leverage .???
    At the end of the day, thats what they wanna see.....young blacks either in a Body bag or in Handcuffs & a Jumpsuit in front of a Judge .

...Why Give em' either one man .???
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    r.prince18 wrote: »

? , I swear.

I think they bring up a lot black men past so they can say the police are justified and we black people are just defending thugs and the police aren't on ? .

What does that have to do with what happened when said black person got killed???
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Someone tried to break into my house a while ago, I had ? like him. I'd shoot him myself.
  • r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? , I swear.

What does that have to do with what happened when said black person got killed???

it's just their way of not feeling bad when the black person gets killed and felt like they did good to society
  • Batman.
    Options

? , I swear.

it's just their way of not feeling bad when the black person gets killed and felt like they did good to society

You'd feel differently when you get chased with a ? axe by a home invader at 4 am.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnIdbyfVZ4Q

Madison Police Chief Mike Koval's Press Propaganda Conference w/ the media...
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The solution is simple. Allow us to police our own neighborhoods. The proportion of minority police in minority areas is way off for the most part. You take a white boy from the sticks and put him in the inner city, I don't give a ? about what training you have, you're not ready to run the streets. There's not an ethics or diversity course you can give them to erase 20 some odd years of stereotypes. You put a black man from round the way in that same spot and what looks like godzilla to a white cop from out the way is really a poo put lil ? that break into houses and really ain't no threat. Being in it and of it, you can assess situations better. You can train phil jackson for as long as you want, he's never going to be bill belichick, his DNA is different. Put a black cop in Darren Wilson's shoes and the first off, the lil ? would have got out the street, second, nephew probably wouldn't have reached into the car at all, and third, he wouldn't have shot him, his entire thought process would be different. Simple as that.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh

From what I read the police forced his way into the apartment after someone reported a disturbance

Shot tony, after a there was a struggle

Was there anyone else present inside the home who witnessed this struggle besides the police?

Did the officer know tony was recently accused of battery before he forced his way into the apartment? And how?

Did someone inside the apartment with tony initially call the police?

Most importantly, was it absolutely necessary that the officer ? the boy? I'm sure it wasn't

And just because a person has a record, it's a more than a reach to assume that person would than be willing to engage physically with an armed officer... Especially in this climate ... That's a death wish

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

armed home invasion eh??? how bout the cop that killed him has a previous murder on his record also lol but yet he isnt looked at as the criminal in this case?? white privilege is disgusting
  • Batman.
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

armed home invasion eh??? how bout the cop that killed him has a previous murder on his record also lol but yet he isnt looked at as the criminal in this case?? white privilege is disgusting

But aren't you in the least bit glad an armed home invader is dead? If he broke into your crib wouldn't you put his brain and skull fragments on the wall?

• JonnyRoccIT
    Options

Hate to say it, but That's just the way it is in America .
    We can say ? the way it is all we want but it wont change anything .

He's White and took the job to be a Police Officer, which ultimately means he has the privilege to do what he wants---to whomever he wants .

He's Black (Really biracial, but white's came thru w/ that one drop rule), and Commited a Crime and was rightfully punished for that Crime . But WRONGFULLY will be forever labeled a "Criminal, Thug, Trash, ? & ETC." which means he has to tread even MORE lightly & carefully throughout life now .

...The Odds were never in our Favor, but we have to move smarter & Rise ABOVE the ? brah .
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I swear i was just about to post this....the pig had a body under hos belt......A MURDER yet and still he remained on the force only to eventually ? again...that says more about the madison police department than it says about this kid background.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »

But aren't you in the least bit glad an armed home invader is dead? If he broke into your crib wouldn't you put his brain and skull fragments on the wall?

He was armed and invading a home when the cop shot him?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dont entertain him....he's a ? watching troll.
  • Batman.
    Options

His death was a long time coming.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    picayuneleader.com/us/peacefully-madison-processes-police-shooting-h6161.html
    Peacefully, Madison processes police shooting

A series of protests and vigils continued Sunday in Madison, Wis., as the stunned city processed the shooting of an unarmed black teen by a police officer Friday evening.

A modest memorial sits close to the site where Tony Robinson, 19, was sho
    t by Officer Matt Kenny, a 12-year department veteran who shot and killed yet another suspect eight years ago in what Police Chief Mike Koval described as a suicide-by-cop.

Kenny has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation of Friday's shooting by the state Department of Criminal Investigation.

Hence far the city of about 250,000 -- a bastion of liberalism, the state's capital and home to the University of Wisconsin -- has adhered to Koval's plea for calm. A protest Saturday drew scores of demonstrators, but made no violence.

The shooting came just days right after the U.S. Division of Justice declined to bring criminal charges against the white former police officer in Ferguson, Mo., who fatally shot unarmed black teen Michael Brown in August.

The department also issued a report blasting the Ferguson police force for a pattern of racial profiling and discrimination against its majority-black populace. But the Justice Division

Robinson's mother, Andrea Irwin, mentioned her son had closely watched media coverage of the August shooting of unarmed black teen Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.

"My son was so into watching all the things that occurred in Ferguson," a distraught Irwin told WISN-Television in Milwaukee. "He was 1 of the folks that spoke out about this consistently. To turn around and have him die of the similar factors that he was so fearful of -- it's not fair."

Robinson had his personal legal history, lately beginning to serve 3 years probation soon after pleading guilty in October to armed robbery. The police report indicates Robinson was a single of at least three young males involved in a household invasion. "Some stolen house was recovered, as was a shotgun and a facsimile handgun," according to the report.

On Friday, officers responding to a get in touch with of man wandering in and out of visitors followed the man to an apartment, Koval stated. He stated the officer heard what "sounded like a disturbance in the home" and forced entry. He stated Robinson then assaulted the officer.

"The officer did draw his revolver and shot the suspect," Koval stated, adding that the officer -- Kenny -- quickly began CPR.

"It is understandable that the reaction at the scene amongst some of our citizens was really volatile, emotional," Koval said Saturday. "That is certainly suitable beneath below the circumstances. We would urge naturally that everybody exercise restraint and some calm an allow the Division of Criminal Investigation to conduct their investigation."

• D0wn
    Options

Co ? sign ?
  • D0wn
    Options

? , I swear.

Bro Pleaded Guilty to Hittin licks...I'm saying we as Youths think that ? is cool at the moment but we're unknowingly setting ourselves up for Failure . That ? taints you even more as is . The only reason i'm saying it matters because they can do ? like this & use their History to Justify murder . We've seen it over & over again . . . why give them any leverage .???
    At the end of the day, thats what they wanna see.....young blacks either in a Body bag or in Handcuffs & a Jumpsuit in front of a Judge .

...Why Give em' either one man .???
  • stringer bell
    Options
    theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/08/madison-police-shooting-tony-robinson-race
    Madison police shooting offers stark reminder that city's race issues run deep

On Friday evening, Lorien Carter spoke to a crowd in front of the building in Madison, Wisconsin where her nephew, Anthony Terrell Robinson, was earlier shot and killed by a police officer, Matt Kenny.

She said: “Here in our little bubble of Madison, WI … I want y’all to know, that for minorities, we are [in one of] the top five worst places to live. But we are [also in one of the] three happiest cities to be in. So who is it happy for?”

Carter’s words evoked not only the bitterness of losing a young man too soon, but also well-documented disparities affecting Madison’s African American community. For many, Robinson’s death was a harsh reminder that their city is not the progressive utopia it sometimes styles itself to be.

Robinson died on Friday night. Madison’s police chief, Mike Koval, said he was shot during an altercation with an officer investigating calls regarding a person jumping into traffic, who one caller said was “responsible for a battery”. The chief later named officer Kenny, who he said had fired more than once. Robinson was given first aid at the scene, Koval said, but he died later in hospital.

Koval also said Kenny was involved in a another fatal police shooting in 2007, in which he shot dead a man who pointed a gun at police. The gun turned out to be a pellet gun; the death was deemed a case of “suicide by cop”.

After Robinson’s death, protests began. Some chanted “Black lives matter”, the slogan associated with demonstrations after the deaths at the hands of police last year of two unarmed black men, Michael Brown and Eric Garner, in Ferguson, Missouri and New York City.

A Facebook page supporting the Madison police department, meanwhile, was launched on Saturday afternoon. It quickly gained nearly 7,000 “likes”.

On Saturday morning, the Young, Gifted and Black Coalition, which has been advocating for criminal justice reform in the city and county since 2013, called a meeting. Matthew Brown, a coalition member, said approximately 150 people attended and between 400 and 500 then marched to the location of Robinson’s death.

“We’ve been warning Madison that this could happen, and we were laughed at by certain community members,” Brown told the Guardian in a phone interview.

Brown said the coalition has been pressuring the city and county for changes related to criminal justice and community investment.

“When we invest in people, we get a return back,” he said. “But when we arrest people, we don’t get a return in costs to society. It costs a lot of money, and it costs people their lives.”

One of the group’s aims is to have Madison shift its spending away from jail renovations towards investments in services that will improve opportunities for low-income neighborhoods. Another is to reduce the number of black people incarcerated so the number is proportional to the city’s black population.

In 2013, a report by Race to Equity, an initiative run by the Wisconsin Council on Children and Families, found that in 2011, 80% of youths in juvenile detention facilities in Dane County, where Madison is located, were African American. They represented only 9% of the county’s population. The report also noted that African American youths were arrested six times more often than their white counterparts.

A 2007 report from a national nonprofit, the Justice Policy Institute, ranked Dane County third in the nation in racial disparities for drug-related crimes

Such statistics were well known to the Madisonians who on Saturday attended an afternoon gathering at the Fountain of Life Church. Carter, along with Robinson’s grandmother, Sharon Irwin, accepted hugs and condolences. The mayors of Madison and neighboring Monona participated, along with state assembly member Melissa Sargent and leaders from Madison’s faith and non-profit communities. As of that time, the family had not been granted access to Robinson’s body.

Saying Robinson’s death made him heartsick, Reverend Alexander Gee Jr, pastor of the Fountain of Life church, recommended a soul-searching analysis.

“What have we done to allow this to happen?” he asked. “We have the worst disparity for kids in the country, and we are just tooling right along. How are we benefiting from the status quo? Because until we answer that, we won’t really be able to make changes.”

Gee has been campaigning against what he sees as the city’s entrenched racial disparities through the Justified Anger Coalition. He says he realised “that being from this community, professional, middle-class, graduate degree … I could still experience some of the same things that common criminals do”.

At the gathering, Madison’s mayor, Paul Soglin, told the Guardian that since the killing was being investigated by the Wisconsin Department of Justice, he had no information on why officer Kenny had used his firearm rather than a taser when reportedly struggling with Robinson. He also acknowledged racial disparities in the city’s policing.

Soglin noted that white youths who are arrested are diverted out of the system early in the process and generally end up avoiding further involvement. For African Americans, he said, there was no diversion.

“The mathematics are real simple,” Soglin said. “You’re going to get arrested again and again and again, and you’re not going to have that divergence that the white youth has.”

Soglin said the city’s efforts to change the early stages of this process would lead to a dramatic reduction in all arrests.

While the mayor’s intentions focused on the future, however, some residents worried about what will happen around the death of Tony Robinson.

“They’re going to frame this so that it’s the black kid’s fault,” said Craig Spaulding, father of Jack Spaulding, one of Robinson’s closest friends. Craig Spaulding works with the city’s homeless population, work which has brought him in touch with the police.

“There’s a lot of wonderful officers in Madison,” he said. “Incredible officers in Madison.” But, he added, “there’s an underlying current of racism, discrimination and abuse.”

The Young, Gifted and Black Coalition is planning actions and events for the first four days of next week, culminating on Thursday with a debate with county sheriff David J Mahoney