The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Go Blackhawks!!!

That's what I'm watching right now, playoff hockey is the ?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Prime Ben Wallace is better than Dwight Howard. ? the points scored, Ben owned the paint.

2010 Dwight was better then Ben Wallace on his worst day
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go Blackhawks!!!

They scored first but leads this series ain't been ?
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tyrone Lue will be the cavs coach next year
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go Blackhawks!!!

They scored first but leads this series ain't been ?

True. But a 2-0 score is good start to a lucrative night for O.G. =D>
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

@? _Caesar

Speculation or Reported fact?

• southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Ben Wallace is better than Dwight Howard. ? the points scored, Ben owned the paint.

That's all he was asked to do, things are much different when looked at as the franchise player.......Ben Wallace leading a team to the finals as their best player?
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the Blackhawks and Lightning face each other, that series will be a track meet!
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

@? _Caesar

Just speculation
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol that self pass led to an easy goal
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pelicans will be looking for a new coach again in another 2 years..
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I went to the Cavaliers vs. Pelicans game earlier this year in Cleveland to witness the new team and see LeBron play in person.

People REALLY don't understand how popular and how big James is for the City. He brings an estimated 130 million to the bars, stores and merchants in the area. He also donated over 10 million a year to the local schools, kids and teachers for helping the youth grow. That's staggering numbers.

As for the match-up at hand, I think we all can safely assume the Warriors will win one of the next three games. Even so, I am fully confident in this squad and what we bring to the table. Our defense, our physicality, having a man in LeBron who's been here before, Golden State has never played anyone like us on this grand of a stage.

James has torched Golden State in their past 6 meetings, with averages of 35-10-7 on 54% shooting. Green was beat so bad in their last meeting that Andre was pulled off the bench to guard LeBron full time, only for James to drop 13 points on him in the 3rd quarter.

Our physicality will push the Warriors to new levels they've NEVER experienced before. Being guarded by LeBron, Iman, Delly and Smith is totally different than a less than 10% Tony Allen and extremely hobbled Conley. Heck Ariza, Evans & Gordon don't even sniff the defensive prowess we bring at those positions.

Will it be easy? Of course not. Curry is one of the main reasons I have league pass. He's a true MVP and the best shooter I have ever seen. You can't stop a man like that, only make it difficult for him every shot. But you best believe Iman and LeBron will do just that. We are the first team since the 89' Pistons to have five players over a +3.0 net rating.

LeBron +3.8
    Iman +3.9
    Smith +3.1
    Delly +3.0
    Thompson +3.3
    Mosgov +3.5

To put it into perspective, here are the players who defended Curry and Thompson:

Conley +2.2
    Allen +1.8
    Ariza +1.2
    Evans +1.7
    Gordon + 1.2

This will be the greatest test of LeBron's Finals career. This Golden State team is slated 4th All-Time in Finals Statistics going into the series. It will be the 4th team in 6 attempts to be in the Top 25 Finals Teams of the past 25 Years (MJ played 4 teams in the Finals ranked between 30-50).

I will say it again: DO NOT be surprised if the Cavaliers take this in six. LeBron has this team riding a high that I haven't seen before. They all believe in each other and in James who has led this team in a different tone than in the past. He's locked in defensively and offensively. But... do NOT be surprised if Golden State catches fire and breaks this open and wins in seven.

This series has historic written all over it. I am just glad I get to witness it"

from some poster from espn valid breakdown or nah?
  • Peace_79
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

@? _Caesar

Just speculation

Word. From what I have heard and read, Lue has all the makings of a good coach. Knows the game, likeable etc.

By the same token, that would be some ? up ? , tho lol . Sad thing is that I have heard that rumor alluded to before.
    Has a coach ever been fired after getting to the Finals and/or winning a title?

That would bring this "Firing Winning Coaches" phenomenon to a new level. There would literally be nothing you can do to ensure your job next season.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not sayin he great but when did alvin gentry become a bad coach, he picked up where mike d left off and added a lil taste of defense to that suns team. i aint know he had a bad record/reputation
  • O.G.
    Options
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • O.G.
    Options
    4-0
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And we gon' stay leavin out the stores with heavy bags
    Cause we be poppin tags, pimpin we be poppin tags!
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ducks are getting quacked up!
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not sayin he great but when did alvin gentry become a bad coach, he picked up where mike d left off and added a lil taste of defense to that suns team. i aint know he had a bad record/reputation

He's like 17 games under .500 as a coach w pelicans being his 5th team he has coached.
  • Peace_79
    Options
    "I went to the Cavaliers vs. Pelicans game earlier this year in Cleveland to witness the new team and see LeBron play in person.

People REALLY don't understand how popular and how big James is for the City. He brings an estimated 130 million to the bars, stores and merchants in the area. He also donated over 10 million a year to the local schools, kids and teachers for helping the youth grow. That's staggering numbers.

As for the match-up at hand, I think we all can safely assume the Warriors will win one of the next three games. Even so, I am fully confident in this squad and what we bring to the table. Our defense, our physicality, having a man in LeBron who's been here before, Golden State has never played anyone like us on this grand of a stage.

James has torched Golden State in their past 6 meetings, with averages of 35-10-7 on 54% shooting. Green was beat so bad in their last meeting that Andre was pulled off the bench to guard LeBron full time, only for James to drop 13 points on him in the 3rd quarter.

Our physicality will push the Warriors to new levels they've NEVER experienced before. Being guarded by LeBron, Iman, Delly and Smith is totally different than a less than 10% Tony Allen and extremely hobbled Conley. Heck Ariza, Evans & Gordon don't even sniff the defensive prowess we bring at those positions.

Will it be easy? Of course not. Curry is one of the main reasons I have league pass. He's a true MVP and the best shooter I have ever seen. You can't stop a man like that, only make it difficult for him every shot. But you best believe Iman and LeBron will do just that. We are the first team since the 89' Pistons to have five players over a +3.0 net rating.

LeBron +3.8
    Iman +3.9
    Smith +3.1
    Delly +3.0
    Thompson +3.3
    Mosgov +3.5

To put it into perspective, here are the players who defended Curry and Thompson:

Conley +2.2
    Allen +1.8
    Ariza +1.2
    Evans +1.7
    Gordon + 1.2

This will be the greatest test of LeBron's Finals career. This Golden State team is slated 4th All-Time in Finals Statistics going into the series. It will be the 4th team in 6 attempts to be in the Top 25 Finals Teams of the past 25 Years (MJ played 4 teams in the Finals ranked between 30-50).

I will say it again: DO NOT be surprised if the Cavaliers take this in six. LeBron has this team riding a high that I haven't seen before. They all believe in each other and in James who has led this team in a different tone than in the past. He's locked in defensively and offensively. But... do NOT be surprised if Golden State catches fire and breaks this open and wins in seven.

This series has historic written all over it. I am just glad I get to witness it"

from some poster from espn valid breakdown or nah?

Well that net rating ? goes over my head. And a lot of that is just putting a microscope on the obvious - both teams are REALLY good; and LBJ and Steph Curry are REALLY good etc.

It is kind of a coin flip for me, but I lean towards Golden State because of their depth. If Kyrie is right, it could be very interesting.

Either way it should be one of the most exciting Finals in years.

Sidenote: If Lebron wills his team to a title this year; given the scope, context and odds stacked against him; MJ heads in the barber shop are going to have a lot tougher time arguing their case against Lebron.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    Crawford not letting anything get by him tonight
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    Crawford not letting anything get by him tonight

Jinxed
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    College Softball on espn......GOAT
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »

He's like 17 games under .500 as a coach w pelicans being his 5th team he has coached.

so that makes him terrible for the pelicans? there's no chance he can succeed with them?