The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    not sayin he great but when did alvin gentry become a bad coach, he picked up where mike d left off and added a lil taste of defense to that suns team. i aint know he had a bad record/reputation

He's like 17 games under .500 as a coach w pelicans being his 5th team he has coached.

so that makes him terrible for the pelicans? there's no chance he can succeed with them?

There is a chance. But dont say i didnt try to warn you. When someone here tweets out he is gone...i dont know what part of 17 under n 5 diff teams already you cant understand.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not sayin he great but when did alvin gentry become a bad coach, he picked up where mike d left off and added a lil taste of defense to that suns team. i aint know he had a bad record/reputation

He's like 17 games under .500 as a coach w pelicans being his 5th team he has coached.

so that makes him terrible for the pelicans? there's no chance he can succeed with them?

There is a chance. But dont say i didnt try to warn you. When someone here tweets out he is gone...i dont know what part of 17 under n 5 diff teams already you cant understand.

lol i understand, but that's far from the worst.

terry stotts 23 games under 500 and thats INCLUDING the last two winning seasons. so i take gentry record wit a grain of salt
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cut that ? out chicago
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2015/5/19/8625033/alvin-gentry-pelicans-coach-demps-new-orleans

There's no chance in hell if he comes here and immediately makes our defense significantly worse like all those others teams did when he took over as their head coach.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    ah welp, maybe thibs will go and be an assistant and run the defense who knows
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gentry? Gentry? ? this ? , IMA say a prayer for patience and sleep this off. ? this is the worst day ever.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Gentry? Gentry? ? this ? , IMA say a prayer for patience and sleep this off. ? this is the worst day ever.

A year from now when the realization of this experiment is beginning to look like a total failure, Dell Demps should be the first one shown the door.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I went to the Cavaliers vs. Pelicans game earlier this year in Cleveland to witness the new team and see LeBron play in person.

People REALLY don't understand how popular and how big James is for the City. He brings an estimated 130 million to the bars, stores and merchants in the area. He also donated over 10 million a year to the local schools, kids and teachers for helping the youth grow. That's staggering numbers.

As for the match-up at hand, I think we all can safely assume the Warriors will win one of the next three games. Even so, I am fully confident in this squad and what we bring to the table. Our defense, our physicality, having a man in LeBron who's been here before, Golden State has never played anyone like us on this grand of a stage.

James has torched Golden State in their past 6 meetings, with averages of 35-10-7 on 54% shooting. Green was beat so bad in their last meeting that Andre was pulled off the bench to guard LeBron full time, only for James to drop 13 points on him in the 3rd quarter.

Our physicality will push the Warriors to new levels they've NEVER experienced before. Being guarded by LeBron, Iman, Delly and Smith is totally different than a less than 10% Tony Allen and extremely hobbled Conley. Heck Ariza, Evans & Gordon don't even sniff the defensive prowess we bring at those positions.

Will it be easy? Of course not. Curry is one of the main reasons I have league pass. He's a true MVP and the best shooter I have ever seen. You can't stop a man like that, only make it difficult for him every shot. But you best believe Iman and LeBron will do just that. We are the first team since the 89' Pistons to have five players over a +3.0 net rating.

LeBron +3.8
    Iman +3.9
    Smith +3.1
    Delly +3.0
    Thompson +3.3
    Mosgov +3.5

To put it into perspective, here are the players who defended Curry and Thompson:

Conley +2.2
    Allen +1.8
    Ariza +1.2
    Evans +1.7
    Gordon + 1.2

This will be the greatest test of LeBron's Finals career. This Golden State team is slated 4th All-Time in Finals Statistics going into the series. It will be the 4th team in 6 attempts to be in the Top 25 Finals Teams of the past 25 Years (MJ played 4 teams in the Finals ranked between 30-50).

I will say it again: DO NOT be surprised if the Cavaliers take this in six. LeBron has this team riding a high that I haven't seen before. They all believe in each other and in James who has led this team in a different tone than in the past. He's locked in defensively and offensively. But... do NOT be surprised if Golden State catches fire and breaks this open and wins in seven.

This series has historic written all over it. I am just glad I get to witness it"

from some poster from espn valid breakdown or nah?

Uh, yeah, somewhat valid. I don't anticipate either team winning in less than 6. I also don't expect any blowouts, and I feel like at least 3 games go down to the wire and are decided by 3 points or less.

This really should be one for the ages. And I hope Klay gets cleared to play as well. It would suck for GS to have all of this success and him not be able to participate on the biggest stage. Plus, I don't want to hear any excuses if the Cavs do pull it off.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol i understand, but that's far from the worst.

terry stotts 23 games under 500 and thats INCLUDING the last two winning seasons. so i take gentry record wit a grain of salt

And Stotts is ass
  • jamiefoxxhairline
    jamiefoxxhairline Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Marc Stein – Verified account ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Pels were 27th in pace last season. They chose Gentry because they want to unlock more of an up-and-down style with Anthony Davis and Co.
    5:16 PM - 30 May 201

Marc J. Spears – Verified account ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Ex-Nuggets coach Brian Shaw would be interested in replacing new Pels coach Alvin Gentry as an assoc. head coach with Warriors, source said
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    ? it, might as well root for the Warriors to win the ship so Alvin Gentry could get a ring and those credentials to throw in these Pelicans players faces. Sure hope Kyrie doesn't get healthy in time for this series.
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @
    Prime Ben Wallace is better than Dwight Howard. ? the points scored, Ben owned the paint.

That's all he was asked to do, things are much different when looked at as the franchise player.......Ben Wallace leading a team to the finals as their best player?

You make a great point but a franchise player usuly brings it every single night. Give me the 6'7 center with all of his flaws and maximum effort vs the talented big man with the heart and grit of a valley girl.

2010 Dwight was a beast though!
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    @
    Prime Ben Wallace is better than Dwight Howard. ? the points scored, Ben owned the paint.

That's all he was asked to do, things are much different when looked at as the franchise player.......Ben Wallace leading a team to the finals as their best player?

You make a great point but a franchise player usuly brings it every single night. Give me the 6'7 center with all of his flaws and maximum effort vs the talented big man with the heart and grit of a valley girl.

2010 Dwight was a beast though!

when did dwight not bring it effort and heart wise

the only thing dwight doesnt bring is polished post moves. yall gotta stop lettin that goofy ass smile make yall forget dude has talent
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dwights is a childlike delusional ? buy man that kid puts up 20 20 especially a few years back and is Hell on Defense. Yall be goin to far
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Options
    Dwight Howard is like the big man version of Vince Carter. Great talent but you always wish he had a little more dog in him. He is still a Top 5 big man, but he damn sure isn't the best.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    thats fine, just seems like a lotta people see a great player thats near the area but not quite the best and equate "not the best" with overrated or average ? , i dont get it lol

besides a couple rebounds more and a couple smiles less per game why in the world would u take him over dwight?
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Options
    Nah Peezy, he is def a Top 5 Center, but he has the tools and physical gifts to be the undisputed #1 center. I Appreciate a good clean debate though homie.
  • Like Water
    Options
    ? it, might as well root for the Warriors to win the ship so Alvin Gentry could get a ring and those credentials to throw in these Pelicans players faces. Sure hope Kyrie doesn't get healthy in time for this series.

Lol. What type a ? is you? You don't want both teams to have a full roster so they can play to their potential? We already ain't got Love and you still want another mulligan?

Man... ? don't have any concept of competition and sportsmanship.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

Lol. What type a ? is you? You don't want both teams to have a full roster so they can play to their potential? We already ain't got Love and you still want another mulligan?

Man, suck a ? and move around this sensitive ass ? . I don't give a ? about you or your plight of being a suffering Cavs fan.
  • Like Water
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

Man, suck a ? and move around this sensitive ass ? . I don't give a ? about you or your plight of being a suffering Cavs fan.

LMAO. I won.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't been this hype for a finals since 2010, those Miami squads were a snooze fest
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This break too damn long considering hockey conference finals just ended and their finals start before the NBA finals