The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    say what you want but lebron has made sure 2 championship trophies were held up on clevelands home court.
    1 for san ant in 07 and now 1 for goldenstate

you won fb post of the day bruh
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bron has 5,000 career playoff points along with Timmy, Shaq, Kobe, Kareem & Mike
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Wade doesn't resign with Miami where in the hell is he going?

Idk who would consider giving him more than 11-13M a year
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    Options
    Damn so 2 rings ain't good enough for ? ? Everyone can't win 6
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As for Lebron.. I just got this strong possibility.. not saying it's true or not.. But just my opinion.. That Lebron could just possibly opt out and become a Free Agent if*

Dan Gilbert keeping David Blatt, because it obvious Lebron don't want that ? there..

and/or

The situation with Kevin Love(you also gotta paid Tristan Thompson as well)..getting the max.. and/or simply doesn't have confidence in love and kyrie's health..

• Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope article about Tom Donaghy and his time in prison and afterwards.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/06/tim-donaghy-gamblings-golden-boy.html
    Donaghy didn’t much like prison. “Too many criminals,” he says. Men who had killed informants, ? dealers, wives. He called his mother: “Mom! Oh my ? ! I don’t belong here! I could get killed.” But that didn’t stop him from ratting out his fellow inmates for gambling. Then he joined a white-power gang to avoid retribution (he didn’t want to get the tattoo and says they let him shave his head instead).
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    Options
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo I heard a dude call Lebron the "Greatest Loser of All Time" in the ADHD.

It isn't true, and lacks context - but it is cacthy.

If that sticks in this Twitter generation, Lebrons legacy is toast.
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    Dumb fans will say that Curry had luck to the championship because of "injuries" like it's just easy road to the championship. They dismiss the fact that they had the best record in the league.

If that's going to be the latest excuse then can we say the same for beating Chicago without Gasol & etc? Only now it's fair to discredit a team because they had this magical "easy road" to the finals like they don't play in the wild wild west

Kys
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Yo I heard a dude call Lebron the "Greatest Loser of All Time" in the ADHD.

It isn't true, and lacks context - but it is cacthy.

If that sticks in this Twitter generation, Lebrons legacy is toast.

Its not because hes been deified a long time ago.. he is always playing with house money for some reason
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Ghost of Jaemooms Members Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jaemooms the only dude happy to be living in the hell hole called Cleveland

me and Lebron apparently.....

I thought he was the ? ? from Akron, he don't wanna live in Cleveland either

Find the post where I called that man a b#tch n#gga....I call him a lame from Akron. Its a big difference. And if living 20 minutes outside downtown Cleveland not considered living in Cleveland then I havent lived in Cleveland for years. Everyone who lives in northeast Ohio rep Cleveland, 3 pro sports teams. Lebron just try to put on for his little village. I have nothing against that.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as Kevin Love goes, I'm like this: if he stays, cool; if he doesn't, that's cool as well. We need a big man that's not afraid to play defense. He can score and he's a prolific rebounder, but he wasn't all of that with us.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    d.green wrote: »
    Damn so 2 rings ain't good enough for ? ? Everyone can't win 6

I guess people expect a little more from the "best in the world".
    Lebron is da best playa in da world
    Lebron is not the best team in the world

I'm sure some would expect the "best player in the world" to have a better than 33% winning pct when playing in the finals. BTW, you don't have to have the best team in the world to win a championship.

He's the best, big athlete playing basketball in the world IMO.
    No jumper, no post-game, not touch around the rim (outside of dunking), average FT shooter, no killer instinct, average handle. Imagine if defenses could really lean on him...stop being sheep.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would Cleveland be willing to give Love the max if he opts out and pay Tristan Thompson the money he wants, why pay that much for 2 guys who play the same position
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Draft time now should be interesting.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure how Cleveland going to give both Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love the type of contracts they want.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Not sure how Cleveland going to give both Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love the type of contracts they want.

I'm guessing bird rights and the increase to the salary cap.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And LBJ is just too passive. You can really see it with him. He really needs to start not giving a ? . Develop that post game, work on his dribble and say ? you to that 3 shot.

The dude cant win man. Games 1-5 he did this. Honestly game 6 he did somewhat . He did everything we been asking him to. You miss, ? it keep shooting. Did all that but geez you can't literally take every shot.

It was valid before (see Dallas Finals), but not anymore. At the end he kept driving and occasionally gave it to JR and JR scored 15 in the 4th. I mean damn
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    And LBJ is just too passive. You can really see it with him. He really needs to start not giving a ? . Develop that post game, work on his dribble and say ? you to that 3 shot.

The dude cant win man. Games 1-5 he did this. Honestly game 6 he did somewhat . He did everything we been asking him to. You miss, ? it keep shooting. Did all that but geez you can't literally take every shot.

It was valid before (see Dallas Finals), but not anymore. At the end he kept driving and occasionally gave it to JR and JR scored 15 in the 4th. I mean damn

Doesn't shoot "enough" -
    too passive

Shoots more -
    Stat stuffer

Averages 36-12-10 on a depleted team to compete with a 67 win Team in the Finals-
    "It's still his fault they lost"

• L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking forward to the draft
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp since I have no interest in talkin bout bron

Off season time
  • T. Sanford
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Like someone once stated in the boxing thread "most people don't know shxt about boxing". I wanna borrow that quote & say "most peole don't know shxt about basketball".