The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you're going to overpay to keep one you pay Love. Thompson wouldn't be effective elsewhere as he is in Cleveland and that situation.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Like someone once stated in the boxing thread "most people don't know shxt about boxing". I wanna borrow that quote & say "most peole don't know shxt about basketball".

Already beat you to it some 200 pages back
    mhpih.jpg[/url]
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Side note: I've been to Chicago fam lol....your city has NOTHING Cleveland doesnt...besides little tar baby, cheif keef lookn lil n#ggas..that cant fight lol

So you went to Chicago and beat up pre teens and came to this conclusion? Chicago is a world class city Cleveland is a ? stain inside a toilet bowl.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron is the best but the gap isn't nearly as wide as fans, analyst and himself want to make it seem.

KD is still alive, AD is primed to be THAT ? , Harden is only getting better, Westbrook does everything Bron does, Blake is a top ten player if we wanna be honest, CP3, Curry

Damn, everybody I named in the west.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    And LBJ is just too passive. You can really see it with him. He really needs to start not giving a ? . Develop that post game, work on his dribble and say ? you to that 3 shot.

The dude cant win man. Games 1-5 he did this. Honestly game 6 he did somewhat . He did everything we been asking him to. You miss, ? it keep shooting. Did all that but geez you can't literally take every shot.

It was valid before (see Dallas Finals), but not anymore. At the end he kept driving and occasionally gave it to JR and JR scored 15 in the 4th. I mean damn

Doesn't shoot "enough" -
    too passive

Shoots more -
    Stat stuffer

Averages 36-12-10 on a depleted team to compete with a 67 win Team in the Finals-
    "It's still his fault they lost"

The first 2 is funnys ? . Somebody stil gotta explain what stat stuffing is. Like he Moses Malone missin chippies for extra rebounds

Narratives change people. At one point he was paasive, he's not anymore. Just adjust man, it's ok
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Bron has 5,000 career playoff points along with Timmy, Shaq, Kobe, Kareem & Mike

And all of them have at least 4 rings

Well except bron....

And all of their careers are over or within a year of being over.

Lebron is in his prime....

? so quick to compare LeBron to people whose entire body of work is already done. Lebron still got at least 6 years
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The easiest way to determine a troll... are the ? who call LeBron a stat stuffer
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Bron has 5,000 career playoff points along with Timmy, Shaq, Kobe, Kareem & Mike

Well except bron....

? so quick to compare LeBron to people whose entire body of work is already done. Lebron still got at least 6 years

This is also true. It wouldn't have seemed logical to think Mike after retirement and losing to Orlando would win 3 more, but he did

Wouldn't have seemed logical that Kobe and the Smush Lakers would make a trade for Pao amd win 2 more

So thats why I personally post from a historical pov when speaking about Lebron. Bc nggas gon look crazy in the face if/when this dude gets those rings and goes down as the 2nd best player to ever play. Certain thing's such as 'he came to Wade county!' is just gon look so damn small. We watching history in the making thats how i carry it.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont get this whole thing against Kyrie and assuming he'll never be healthy. It wasn't that long ago when Steph was injury prone and had the worst ankles in North America before D-Will took the mantle.
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? David Lee JUST won a ring and he already wanna be traded smh

warriors gonna be looking for a replacement
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Lebron is 30 his prime is almost over and he has a lot of milage on him. he still don't have a jumpshot to rely on when his athleticism diminishes
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Lebron is the best but the gap isn't nearly as wide as fans, analyst and himself want to make it seem.

KD is still alive, AD is primed to be THAT ? , Harden is only getting better, Westbrook does everything Bron does, Blake is a top ten player if we wanna be honest, CP3, Curry

Exactly barring no injury AD has potential to be the best in the league even made a thread about it muahahahaha
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Ghost of Jaemooms Members Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Jaemooms the only dude happy to be living in the hell hole called Cleveland

me and Lebron apparently.....

Side note: I've been to Chicago fam lol....your city has NOTHING Cleveland doesnt...besides little tar baby, cheif keef lookn lil n#ggas..that cant fight lol

Chicago >>>>>Cleveland

Lebron>>>>>>Chicago

lebrondunkposturing.gif?w=650
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wskbvq.jpg

Don't know if this was posted, this is pretty ill.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? David Lee JUST won a ring and he already wanna be traded smh

warriors gonna be looking for a replacement

Damn, he asking to be traded?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont get this whole thing against Kyrie and assuming he'll never be healthy. It wasn't that long ago when Steph was injury prone and had the worst ankles in North America before D-Will took the mantle.

Not tryin to stir the ? but haven't you talked ? bout wade?
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree it's not as wide but everybody after KD and Anthony Davis really don't have a shot. Westbrook got all the tools but he lacks leadership and can go rogue focusig too much on 1 on 1. He certainly top 5 though.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now comes the worst part of the yr for most of us sports fans.....

Its only jun and football IS NOT around the corner yet!!

:((
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

Well except bron....

With the way he treats his body 10 if he ever gets that ? lvl jumpsot
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    blu197 wrote: »
    Crude_ wrote: »
    blu197 wrote: »
    Curry the 3rd PG to win MVP and lead his team to title, Cousy and Magic being the 1st and 2nd,and with all the 3PT records he broke and leading his team to 67 wins, this season right here puts him top 5 PG All time..

And he's 6 seasons in..

Nah homie he'll have to do this longer.

He's going to have to do more I'd expect him to get back to the finals and at least compete for another title or two as alpha dog as well.

What more does have to do to be considered top 5 PG All Time? GS had a historic season, led them a title in nearly half a century, set 3pt NBA records in the regular season and playoffs,first PG since Magic to win MVP and title in one season, leader of a te full of Rookies to win the title hasn't been done since Jordan in '91, 3rd most wins total in NBA history behind 95-96 and 96-97 Bulls, generally accepted as the GOAT shooter...

What PG other than Zeke,Magic and Big O would you take over him at this point?

Holdup forget the other ? . Did you just say GSW is a "team full of rookies?"

555322240.gif?1333773919&Expires=1434630918&Signature=uZUdglj4GjT6i~FzVE9SojN5LO7l2f8Fyzuddjid-EUIXVgQ2bYA3OHzqbULZV2n-pg68kRYT48wsvEsWClA65lKn2~pNwyi6VmdA-8fZ~MBlLKKPkFITfO7cGJgTGmafmzdw7Y3RqFWrqj18-s4RSFovO73of~kfP8VNqg0Oxo_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA

Are you that stupid ? ? everybody knew what I meant, everybody on GS were rookies to the NBA Finals and they won, hasn't been done sine Jordan in '91 swear you're the dumbest non troll that post here....