The Official 2015 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So South Carolina has a stud QB that skipped his entire senior year of high school to enroll early. Hell nah I loved every minute of my senior year lol.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm ready for this Natty Title run that we are about to embark on, buckle up and enjoy the ride.
  • Rampage12
    edited April 2016
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    I'm ready for this Natty Title run that we are about to embark on, buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Who you think's gonna be our QB? Maguire, Francois, or Henry??? I didn't even mention Cosentino 'cause I highly doubt it'll be him.

And I know he'll be ready for our opener but I'm worried about the rate Cook is racking up these injuries.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Clemson game gonna be the unofficial ACC championship game.
  • bgoat
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

Who you think's gonna be our QB? Maguire, Francois, or Henry??? I didn't even mention Cosentino 'cause I highly doubt it'll be him.

And I know he'll be ready for our opener but I'm worried about the rate Cook is racking up these injuries.

I can't really say who's going to be our QB, especially with Sean being out this spring. Would have been really good to see if he had made any progress since last season. Francios is gonna have to really put in the work to win the job, the potential is there and mobility is his advantage. Henry will push for starter the 2017 season, he's not ready physically or experience wise, but the tools are there and he's gonna be legit. I'm not sure if JJ can even play football, just get your degree and stay out of trouble.

I think the oline should be better, saw a lot good things from the Oline, the pieces are there to have a great starting 5 and with some good depth. Rick Leonard is going to be good and will most likely start at RT, Minshew or Derrick Kelly at RG. Alec Eberle or Martinez at C with Kareem Are at LG and Rod Johnson at LT. Even tho they didn't work as a 1st or 2nd team unit, all those players looked a lot better than last year and Rick Leonarnd is 10 times better than Brock Rubble at RT.

Auden Tate looks like he'll play a big part in the passing game as the Big WR, he stepped up big time this this spring. He will be a problem once he gain more confidence and experience. George Campbell even looked good. So that will help with the trio veteran group of midgets(Rudolph, Kermit, BoBo) we got at WR. Jimbo also praised Pigg for having a great spring, hopefully he's turned the corner. TE is straight with Izzo, Saunders looks like he's gotten better too.

The defense is going to be damn near elite, with the DT and secondary leading the way. Nnadi and Christmas will start at DT and Aime, Williams, and Jones providing good quality depth. Walker and Sweat should have great season with the interior being strong, don't really know what the DE depth will look like with Leonard moving to RT and Torres is unproven and we still got Jacob Pugh.

We should be solid to good at LB, Thomas looks like he's focused, just needs to play more and stay healthy. Hoskins looks good, should build off last season. Kilby-Lane and Josh Brown should provide depth but they are unproven. Pugh and Sweat can also play LB if needed but there are usually only 2 LB on the field for use most of the time..

Charles Kelly has a problem at DB, and that's deciding a starting 5 between White, TMac, Lewis, Andrews, Marshall, James. Possibly Westbrook and Levonta Taylor when he arrives in June. Lewis is a ? baller at CB. Will be a helluva fight between him and TMac, but Lewis must be on the field; he basically locked down Rudolph on Saturday.

Jimbo is riding this team hard because a lot of these guys played and earned their bumps and bruises last year. Some should have been on the field last year but injuries slowed their progress, but look like they took advantage of the year to learn and get stronger.

The shoulder injuries are a concern since they required surgeries, especially for his position. Left shoulder surgery in HS(don't know the extent), surgery on the right shoulder from spring of his freshmen year to repair the labrum that wasn't football related, and the recent surgery on the same shoulder was minor and was just to clean up some scare tissue. I hope he's conditioned his lower body(glutes, quads, and hammy) and his core muscles to prevent soft tissue injuries.
  • Rampage12
    Options

I can't really say who's going to be our QB, especially with Sean being out this spring. Would have been really good to see if he had made any progression. Francios is gonna have to really put in the work to win the job, the potential is there and mobility is his advantage. Henry will push for starter the 2017 season, he's not ready physically or experience wise, but the tools are there and he's gonna be legit. I'm not sure if JJ can even play football, just get your degree and stay out of trouble.

I think the oline should be better, saw a lot good things from the Oline, the pieces are there to have a great starting 5 and with some good depth. Rick Leonard is going to be good and will most likely start at RT, Minshew or Derrick Kelly at RG. Alec Eberle or Martinez at C with Kareem Are at LG and Rod Johnson at LT. Even tho they didn't work as a 1st or 2nd team unit, all those players looked a lot better than last year and Rick Leonarnd is 10 times better than Brock Rubble at RT.

Auden Tate looks like he'll play a big part in the passing game as the Big WR, he stepped up big time this this spring. He will be a problem once he gain more confidence and experience. George Campbell even looked good. So that will help with the trio veteran group of midgets(Rudolph, Kermit, BoBo) we got at WR. Jimbo also praised Pigg for having a great spring, hopefully he's turned the corner. TE is straight with Izzo, Saunders looks like he's gotten better too.

The defense is going to be damn near elite, with the DT and secondary leading the way. Nnadi and Christmas will start at DT and Aime, Williams, and Jones providing good quality depth. Walker and Sweat should have great season with the interior being strong, don't really know what the DE depth will look like with Leonard moving to RT and Torres is unproven and we still got Jacob Pugh.

We should be solid to good at LB, Thomas looks like he's focused, just needs to play more and stay healthy. Hoskins looks good, should build off last season. Kilby-Lane and Josh Brown should provide depth but they are unproven. Pugh and Sweat can also play LB if needed but there are usually only 2 LB on the field for use most of the time..

Charles Kelly has a problem at DB, and that's deciding a starting 5 between White, TMac, Lewis, Andrews, Marshall, James. Possibly Westbrook and Levonta Taylor when he arrives in June.

We really got spoiled with the O-Line we had in '14 with Matias, Stork, Jackson, Erving, etc. who all made it to the NFL.

I know Rudolph really has been getting praised this spring and he ain't nearly as small as Kermit or Bobo, he's a legit 6'1'' while Kermit and Bobo are both barely 5'8'' I still love 'em both though lol. Maybe Ermon Lane will finally do something this year.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    I just noticed the '14 FSU team already has like 24 players in the NFL and that's not even counting the ones who are going to get drafted this year and the next, ? 's just insane.
  • bgoat
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »

The Clemson game gonna be the unofficial ACC championship game.

Most definitely, should be a good one too. It was close last year in Death valley, but we get them in Doak this year.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Ermon Lane is a ? lol.
  • bgoat
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ermon Lane is a ? lol.
    Correct. LOL!! Might as well become Cooks personal assistant when he gets drafted next year.
  • bgoat
    Options
    I usually don't give up on players, but he's going into his JR season and haven't shown any progression. He can block tho...lol

• bgoat
    Options

I can't really say who's going to be our QB, especially with Sean being out this spring. Would have been really good to see if he had made any progression. Francios is gonna have to really put in the work to win the job, the potential is there and mobility is his advantage. Henry will push for starter the 2017 season, he's not ready physically or experience wise, but the tools are there and he's gonna be legit. I'm not sure if JJ can even play football, just get your degree and stay out of trouble.

Charles Kelly has a problem at DB, and that's deciding a starting 5 between White, TMac, Lewis, Andrews, Marshall, James. Possibly Westbrook and Levonta Taylor when he arrives in June.

We really got spoiled with the O-Line we had in '14 with Matias, Stork, Jackson, Erving, etc. who all made it to the NFL.

I know Rudolph really has been getting praised this spring and he ain't nearly as small as Kermit or Bobo, he's a legit 6'1'' while Kermit and Bobo are both barely 5'8'' I still love 'em both though lol. Maybe Ermon Lane will finally do something this year.

Yeah I know, I just lumped him in with the midgets because when they are the only three on the field, 6'1" ain't ? for size advantage. Tate and Campbell being 6'5"/6'4" and Pigg being 6'3" will all compliment each other on the field. Will definitely make teams respect the pass and stop loading the box to take Dalvin out the game. This should open up the offense more.
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I want Francois to take over, I really don't care as long as Maguire sorry ass doesn't touch the field ever again. We gotta maximize our potential this season wit Dalvin because I know this is it for him. That boy may be the greatest running back in FSU history and it would be a shame not to win at least one natty with him in the lineup.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the man done shut down our satellite camps
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone see that video of that five star Mississippi State recruit beating the ? out of that girl???

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/top-mississippi-state-recruit-jeffery-simmons-apologizes-for-video-allegedly-showing-him-striking-woman

big slim lazy ? ...trying to grab the girl's leg and drag her so she can hit her
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Ermon Lane is a ? lol.
    He reminds me of those pre-season awards Herbstreit does of guys that look the part in pads LOL.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We hired Lynn Swann for AD.

Always liked him but hope he up to the task.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Going to Bama's spring game this saturday

me and my hoemboy taking our sons

Im hyped

My homeboy's father in law is a pastor, he is cool with one of the coaches on Bama's staff (Kerry Stevenson)

he got us VIP passes

Im proly more excited than my son is lol
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a issue with the that pic.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    this dude right here..backstage at the Migos concert

harbaugh-ice.png

I have no words first Harbaugh.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    this dude right here..backstage at the Migos concert

harbaugh-ice.png

That was at the Michigan signing day if I am not mistaken.
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So no one wants to talk about the #1 recruiting class OKLAHOMA is putting together for 2017....seems like that ass whooping we took from Clemson didn't affect us much...not to mention Brent Venerables son has OU as one of his top schools...BOOMER!
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bout to hit the spring game today, hope Buechele lives up to the hype. We are just a QB away from winning the Big 12.
This discussion has been closed.