The Official 2015 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    44Since88 wrote: »
    Watching the spring game. Smh Texas might as well put me at QB.

Now go watch Swoopes in the spring game last year and notice the development. He's getting incrementally better bruh, it's gonna come down to the OL at the end of the day.

Man I want Swoopes to succeed bruh, I really do and I know the line was shakey last year but I just don't buy him. I feel like with all the opportunity he had last season he showed absolutely nothing and even regressed at points in the season. If he would have been making strides and showing some progress throughout the season that's different, I would be on board to stick with him and see what he gots......but at this point if Heard is still neck and neck with him and he hasn't been able to separate himself and show significant improvement than I say let's see what Heard can do. Do you know how bad he would have to be if can't be more productive than Swoopes last year?

I know Swoopes is going to be the starter but the leash should be extremely short
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk why but every time I look at Swoopes it seems like he playing in molasses b
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Worst Case 12-2

Best Case 13-1 Arkansas will be the 1
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Worst Case 12-2

Best Case 13-1 Arkansas will be the 1

How you see Ark turning out this year. They supposed to be a lot better right?
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    They have the perfect offense to combat our pace and we have to go there

I see Arky as a good team. Depends on if the defense continues on what they did last year. Their Offense is the same with Key players at QB with Allen and Both RB's.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Arky lost alot of there core defensive players from last year. There strength was up front and they all graduated. The D will regress. That was their savior last year seeing their Offense was run based 85% percent of the time. They were damn near on Ga Tech level.

The only thing that might save them may be there O line gets better. that would mean they will have NFL level lineman at every position. Knowing their coach. That is not out of the norm. If I was a O lineman. I will want to play for him. He will bring the hogs back to Arky. Also they have to have a better passing game. Not that dump the ball off with 10 men in the box but actually a feasible passing game.
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Ghost of Jaemooms Members Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Braxton Miller switching to HB......smh......our running back option pass game gon be deadly. Its almost not fair. I hope we get to play Alabama again, just so we can kick they ass again. F#ck the SEC...

Best case: 13-0

Worst case: 13-0

Now scroll down and kiss the rings.

CC1gjdmVEAALWgz.png
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wow another season without Greenwood, ? just aint the same around here no more...
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Arky lost alot of there core defensive players from last year. There strength was up front and they all graduated. The D will regress. That was their savior last year seeing their Offense was run based 85% percent of the time. They were damn near on Ga Tech level.

The only thing that might save them may be there O line gets better. that would mean they will have NFL level lineman at every position. Knowing their coach. That is not out of the norm. If I was a O lineman. I will want to play for him. He will bring the hogs back to Arky. Also they have to have a better passing game. Not that dump the ball off with 10 men in the box but actually a feasible passing game.

Arkansas will be a beast on offense just based on the fact they have the biggest O-Line in football (College & NFL) and two RB's that each rushed for 1,000 yards last year both returning and Brandon Allen should be a decent game manager at QB.

Still crazy how back in the day Arkansas had Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, and Peyton Hillis all in their backfield at the same time and a decent WR in Marcus Monk but Casey ? was literally one of the worst QB's in college history.
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    Coaches Poll is out

Coaches Poll Rank
    1 Ohio State (62)
    2 TCU (1)
    3 Alabama (1)
    4 Baylor
    5 Oregon
    6 Michigan State
    7 Auburn
    8 Florida State
    9 Georgia
    10 USC
    11 Notre Dame
    12 Clemson
    13 LSU
    14 UCLA
    15 Ole Miss
    16 Arizona State
    17 Georgia Tech
    18 Wisconsin
    19 Oklahoma
    20 Arkansas
    21 Stanford
    22 Arizona
    23 Missouri
    24 Boise State
    25 Tennessee

#7 Ill take it
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Notre dame about to hold this L
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got Folden getting fired

I mean, he only should've been fired after last season. He must be down there kissing all kinds of ass considering that they fired Shannon when he had damn near an identical record after the same time period.
  • So ILL
    Options
    TCU at #2, they're normally decent, but I didn't know they were holding like that.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »

Arkansas will be a beast on offense just based on the fact they have the biggest O-Line in football (College & NFL) and two RB's that each rushed for 1,000 yards last year both returning and Brandon Allen should be a decent game manager at QB.

Still crazy how back in the day Arkansas had Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, and Peyton Hillis all in their backfield at the same time and a decent WR in Marcus Monk but Casey ? was literally one of the worst QB's in college history.

The reason their offense was so good is because there Defense was good. They had two shutouts at the end of the season. They got the ball back consistently. Not this year. Two teams that will regress because of losses on D. Misstake and Ar-kansas.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    edited July 2015
    Options
    wow another season without Greenwood, ? just aint the same around here no more...

Aww you miss your boyfriend?

nah just tired of reading you texass homos ? about your ? ass QB and your lame ass coach... yall boring as ? in here. GW was at least good for a laugh, I used to check this thread all the time. I hardly even read this ? now. We bout a month away from kickoff and this thread is draggin ass.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #10 I'll take it.

Gotta handle business.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Notre dame about to hold this L

and yall fixin to hold yalls annual L in october and then be lookin for a new coach shortly after... again LOL
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    I got Folden getting fired

I mean, he only should've been fired after last season. He must be down there kissing all kinds of ass considering that they fired Shannon when he had damn near an identical record after the same time period.

Miami is ran by Klansmen, word to Gee757.
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

nah just tired of reading you texass homos ? about your ? ass QB and your lame ass coach... yall boring as ? in here. GW was at least good for a laugh, I used to check this thread all the time. I hardly even read this ? now. We bout a month away from kickoff and this thread is draggin ass.
    You should check out LandThieves...OU football site
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Remember how everybody gassed up Oklahoma after beating us in The Sugar Bowl?
    How did that turn out for them Sooners, enjoy that title.......Roll Damn Tide!
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    south4life wrote: »

Your teams season ended last year the same way as my Sooners did....L in the bowl game...BOOMER!
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options

You should check out LandThieves...OU football site

checked it out before, its ok. alot of conservative old white men on there, not exactly my style but its ok. I check it from time to time.

remember how that game ended tho? with beating yall ass on the scoreboard. shut the ? up. btw what did Alabama do last year? yeah exactly.
  • So ILL
    Options

Your teams season ended last year the same way as my Sooners did....L in the bowl game...BOOMER!

This is why I love football season, the ? -talking never stops!

200w.gif

This discussion has been closed.