Comments

• Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ bug ghost face giving this ? a .5/5
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This album is def a grower...that summer is over interlude is too slick...
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    Everyone on this site considers the following album as a hip hop classic........

2e0371a05c1f60c70720dcd45345f1b38c3f6a93.jpg

There isn't much difference between what L Boogie did back then and what Drake is doing now. Matter of fact, Drake raps way more than Lauren did.

I swear I hate stupid ? .

Speak on it homie.

Did Lauren's only album consist of her rapping in some songs, while singing in others?........Does Drake's new album consist of him rapping in some songs, while singing in others?

The answer to both of those questions is yes. There is nothing "stupid" about me forcing you ? to explain your positions?

I'll explain my take and my opinion.

For starters I don't care about the quantity or the musical output. Whether it's 1 song or 1,000 albums if that ? touches me for a lifetime pause, then that ? is the only thing that matters to me when it comes to music. Drake ? don't do that for me.

The only songs lauryn was known for singing were killing em softly, the song on sister act 2 and if I ruled the world. From what I remember she was praised for her singing. Drake wasn't/isn't praised for singing. Lauryn was praised for her great rapping ability on the score. People were already considering her a great artist after one group album. After 2 mixtapes from Drake people said he had great potential.

To me lauryn is an overall better artist then Drake because whether it's rapping or singing she does both outstandingly.
    Drake not so much imo.

To sum this ? up. People didnt mind Lauryn singing because she was ? great at it.

People don't like Drake singing because he can't ? sing.

Fair enough.

Why you even care to respond to that ? everyone something drake pops up he's gurgling a baby can understand the difference between drake singing and lboogie he chose to be that ignorant that's not even having a different opinion that just being a ? head

When the album dropped, I eventually came to view this site with the sole purpose of seeing if yourself and others were finally over the Drake vs Meek thread. Quite a number of you were very upset when Drake basically ended Meek's career back then, but I was hopeful that you had gotten over your hurt.

As I've said on countless occasions, I'm a 2Pac and DMX fan........in that order. Months ago I jumped in the Drake vs meek discussion because I saw that a lot of you had faulty arguments for hating the dude. Now we fast forward to now, and you ? are still re-aligning the debate. For example....The concept comparison to Lauren Hill was simple to comprehend, in which a couple people acknowledged. Some of you others wanted to twist it into something that it was not, just because you had no answer.

Anyways, after seeing that the same bitter ? from the 'Drake ends Meeks career' thread were still bitter in this thread, I decide to resurrect JJ_Evans by creating a new account (other one was retired) and jumping in this thread to give yall a chance to put forth a grown man argument. I see that the same kiddie ? ? is taking place via reactions instead of putting forth a conscious debate.

Yall still using the faulty ghostwriter ? , but NOBODY cares about it......

Numbers don't lie.........The ? went platinum in a few days.

Hits don't lie.........? are shaking their ass to the songs from this album.

That means he's winning...........

I guess Apple has attacked youtube (ignore the kid), so this is the only thing I could find with this song which is the next Jumpman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTNasRoebkE

By the way, I know that you laid out bait with your post like you've attempted to do in the past ......lol
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to pick up the physical copy and see if it's any good ,I haven't listen to it yet.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I like albums with themes, feelin the REGGAE themes sprinkled all throughout. The subtle Mavado 'Dying' sample on 9

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vSo0M1sL6UE

Like that Controlla and One Dance are similar but different and back to back on the album.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^^thumbnail looks mad suspect
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »

This ? corny as my jokes on the IC terribly done.
  • TayGettem
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    ^^^^^thumbnail looks mad suspect

? mad funny doe... Well kinda funny he's usually funnier than this video
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone on this site considers the following album as a hip hop classic........

2e0371a05c1f60c70720dcd45345f1b38c3f6a93.jpg

There isn't much difference between what L Boogie did back then and what Drake is doing now. Matter of fact, Drake raps way more than Lauren did.

I swear I hate stupid ? .

Speak on it homie.

Did Lauren's only album consist of her rapping in some songs, while singing in others?........Does Drake's new album consist of him rapping in some songs, while singing in others?

The answer to both of those questions is yes. There is nothing "stupid" about me forcing you ? to explain your positions?

I'll explain my take and my opinion.

For starters I don't care about the quantity or the musical output. Whether it's 1 song or 1,000 albums if that ? touches me for a lifetime pause, then that ? is the only thing that matters to me when it comes to music. Drake ? don't do that for me.

The only songs lauryn was known for singing were killing em softly, the song on sister act 2 and if I ruled the world. From what I remember she was praised for her singing. Drake wasn't/isn't praised for singing. Lauryn was praised for her great rapping ability on the score. People were already considering her a great artist after one group album. After 2 mixtapes from Drake people said he had great potential.

To me lauryn is an overall better artist then Drake because whether it's rapping or singing she does both outstandingly.
    Drake not so much imo.

To sum this ? up. People didnt mind Lauryn singing because she was ? great at it.

People don't like Drake singing because he can't ? sing.

Fair enough.

Why you even care to respond to that ? everyone something drake pops up he's gurgling a baby can understand the difference between drake singing and lboogie he chose to be that ignorant that's not even having a different opinion that just being a ? head

When the album dropped, I eventually came to view this site with the sole purpose of seeing if yourself and others were finally over the Drake vs Meek thread. Quite a number of you were very upset when Drake basically ended Meek's career back then, but I was hopeful that you had gotten over your hurt.

As I've said on countless occasions, I'm a 2Pac and DMX fan........in that order. Months ago I jumped in the Drake vs meek discussion because I saw that a lot of you had faulty arguments for hating the dude. Now we fast forward to now, and you ? are still re-aligning the debate. For example....The concept comparison to Lauren Hill was simple to comprehend, in which a couple people acknowledged. Some of you others wanted to twist it into something that it was not, just because you had no answer.

Anyways, after seeing that the same bitter ? from the 'Drake ends Meeks career' thread were still bitter in this thread, I decide to resurrect JJ_Evans by creating a new account (other one was retired) and jumping in this thread to give yall a chance to put forth a grown man argument. I see that the same kiddie ? ? is taking place via reactions instead of putting forth a conscious debate.

Yall still using the faulty ghostwriter ? , but NOBODY cares about it......

Numbers don't lie.........The ? went platinum in a few days.

Hits don't lie.........? are shaking their ass to the songs from this album.

That means he's winning...........

I guess Apple has attacked youtube (ignore the kid), so this is the only thing I could find with this song which is the next Jumpman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTNasRoebkE

By the way, I know that you laid out bait with your post like you've attempted to do in the past ......lol

? wrote a titan graph of basura

Krs doesn't care about ghostwriting all of the sudden he also doesn't care his man Africa bambootybwas ? kids.

He didn't go platinum in a few days he's been accumulating album sales since hotline bling because of the new rules it's actually been months he probably still would of done it in a week

What's your argument for drake? He's not a great artist by any means at this point he's a product other ? pumping their dreams through him while also stealing lyrics and wave riding harder then jet moto he just takes credit for it 81 writers sheesh

"Got so many chains they call me chaining tatum" 81 writers and this is the ? ? that comes up?

? still talking about ex he never names backstabbings with no story unknown enimies he been ? about for the last decade etc foh
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Damn imagine if they had streaming and counted it towards sales back in the 90s/2000s,rappers like Nelly,Eminem,50,Jay Z,2 Pac,Biggie,would have done crazy numbers.

This ? is like a cheat code lol
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This album is def a grower...that summer is over interlude is too slick...

This
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Man 40 put his foot in this mfer. THIS is good "production" . Some of these samples are a cratediggers dream

Weston, Views, redemption, fire and desire. Cats are callin this garbage? ? Man ? ears done got rusty. Too much turn up. This some good ass music

This too. That intro is cinematic as hell. 40 killed this ? .
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn imagine if they had streaming and counted it towards sales back in the 90s/2000s,rapprrs like Nelly,Eminem,50,Jay Z,2 Pac,Biggie,would have done crazy numbers.

To me the cheat code is the counting every (insert amount of songs on the album) singles as a sold album toward stats. Also ? youtube views now counting is a cheat code.

For these troy average sellers it helped make them look slightly better. But for drake this whole hotline bling backlog of purchases video views counting as nearly a million in sales is GTA cheat code ? . If someone streams the entire album front to back i can see that helping sales.

Cheat codes aside drake still moved units so it is impressive without the new rules.
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Western road.flows is on point!!!
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man 40 put his foot in this mfer. THIS is good "production" . Some of these samples are a cratediggers dream

Weston, Views, redemption, fire and desire. Cats are callin this garbage? ? Man ? ears done got rusty. Too much turn up. This some good ass music

I was waiting on somebody to talk about the PRODUCTION,i agree it was on point 40 did his thing on this album.
    It's good to have a producer like that in your back pocket,im not much of a fan of the album,but i can enjoy the production.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like albums with themes, feelin the REGGAE themes sprinkled all throughout. The subtle Mavado 'Dying' sample on 9

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vSo0M1sL6UE

Like that Controlla and One Dance are similar but different and back to back on the album.

Ha dope an american caught that
    Bumping that drake song made me go back and listen to that mavado album again.
    For you yanks not in the know this album :
    hqdefault.jpg
    This album ^^^^ is a classic and it should be easy enough to catch most of what he saying cause he sing -"raps" a lot.
    whole ish is on youtube
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who sings that ´Summers Over´ interlude???
  • #jpp
    #jpp Members Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Majid Jordan. I think.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Damn imagine if they had streaming and counted it towards sales back in the 90s/2000s,rappers like Nelly,Eminem,50,Jay Z,2 Pac,Biggie,would have done crazy numbers.

No...it just would've been the same numbers only counted like they do now. The same amount of people are streaming as they used to buy cds
  • bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Could be someone from Dvsn or Majid Jordan
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    So many opinions but ? don't wanna put it in a review in the Review thread....

AaHv0TF.gif
  • TayGettem
    Options

Could be someone from Dvsn or Majid Jordan

It's majid jordan