The Official Drake ‘VIEWS’ Album Thread

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea i just caught that, my version of Pop style has no 'Throne' but Drake starts off with the same verse as jay z 'i can not be gotten etc' . I cant remember if the whole verse is the same :/

Man ALL these ? are buggin with this whole 'Its ok to spit another ? rhymes' ?
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    I group DM my exes
    I told ‘em they belong to me, that goes on for forever

soulja-boy-crying-resized.jpg

I be relatin to this yo nh

U do realize how sensitive that sounds right? "All of my less just be friends ain't my friends anymore" "how can you not check on me when things go wrong".....like it's his ex's job to look after him? that ? almost worse than the "going through her purse when she in the bathroom" line on lord knows off his take care album
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Compared to another album by a major mainstream artiste released this year (The Life Of Pablo).. I think I prefer 'Ye's album to Drake's

Damn this drake album that bad?
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Compared to another album by a major mainstream artiste released this year (The Life Of Pablo).. I think I prefer 'Ye's album to Drake's

Damn this drake album that bad?

It's his worst album to date

So yeah
  • s-dot
    s-dot Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    Options
    When IYRTITL dropped people couldn't believe that he just carelessly dropped subpar package of songs. People here PANNED that album just like this one. I remember I was heavily disappointed as each song came and went --the rapping seemed so basic--Except for the last track. Then slowly over the months the songs started to get pretty good--the hooks became catchy, and lyrics were just this super-confident aura bragging about being better than everyone. And it was convincing. I think I like all the songs on that album

I remember thinking NWTS was way better, when IYRTITL came out. It's definitely the opposite now.

I liked a few songs on Views... but it definitely isn't better than IYRTITL. Time will tell, although it feels like the proportion of singing songs on this album is a handicap from the start.

Hate it has to be this way. I wish I liked 75% of it right now, and leaving the remaining few to grow on me with time.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems like Drake didn't actually sell a million without the streams....more like 852,000...still impressive but making ppl buy the whole album instead of being able to just buy certain songs and counting the streaming numbers Drake had the perfect up,down,left,right,X,B code going

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7357991/drake-views-debuts-851000-sold-first-week
  • TayGettem
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Seems like Drake didn't actually sell a million without the streams....more like 852,000...still impressive but making ppl buy the whole album instead of being able to just buy certain songs and counting the streaming numbers Drake had the perfect up,down,left,right,X,B code going

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7357991/drake-views-debuts-851000-sold-first-week

Soooo he didn't sell a milli 1st week without streams lol ha Drake fans hold that L
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can't disagree with the cheat codes statement i think they need to fix that ? . As far as certain songs being "album only" i think that I could go either way with that deception by Drake and Apple. The album is reasonably priced if you want the entire product and if you wan't to hear inidvidual songs you can always still listen via streaming (all streaming services soon). But they clearly taking a stand on ? who just want the non crybaby about my ex's songs and just want grown men joints off it. In a way you are hurting the fans choice to own specific songs.

Lol at bcotton giving you a wack. One of the most top ranking generals in Drakes stan team 6.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I'm surprised this is still going. Anyway...

Ferg's new album >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Views
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The beats on this junt go. That Weston Rd Flows have me feeling nostalgic like a mafucka mane. Feel like I need to take a trip back home when listening to it. Overall, it's a solid project.
  • S2J
    Options
    Without streams aint cheating

If they counting strams toward numbers then yea that's fugazi
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options

How did Big Sean and Kendricks albums from last year go platinum this year and were you complaining about their numbers being fugazi or you just pick and choose?
  • GetoBoy
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

How is this cheat codes ? He didn't have a third party buy a million copies out the gate. It was on Apple for a week before a physical release even came out. Jay-Z and Rihanna had Samsung buy a million records from jump. WITHOUT streams he did 852k, could Jay-Z do that in 2016 ? And if he could do you think he would have had Samsung buy those albums ? The plot thickens....

It's a cheat becuz if ppl are allowed to pick and choose which songs they wanna buy without having to buy the actual whole album does it still do the same numbers???? I highly doubt it.... Add to that counting streaming especially a song that's been getting streamed for almost a year ahead of the album (hotline bling) and he basically had his numbers made for him..... And didn't Jay still go gold in a week AFTER he gave away a million copies??? Hmmmm
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    I'm not even saying there streams alone is the cheat code I'm saying everything around it is the cheat code they basically set it up for Drake to appear to have the biggest numbers possible

1) you not only count current streams but you count streams from a song that's been getting pushed for damn near a year now
    2) you make it so ppl can't buy certain songs they have to buy the whole album to further add to the sales
    3) they postponed the release of the album to the other streaming services to generate as much in sales as they can b4 they let ppl just stream it only other places views is at is Google music and Amazon where guess what you can't stream it there either

I'm not saying he wouldn't have done his numbers just like Jay and rihanna even without Samsung would have done numbers but to ignore the whole cheat setup that was rolled out for Drake is crazy
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with GetoBoy on an album like this counting every 20 songs in drakes case or for the average album about every 12 singles as a complete album. This does 2 things that are ? up

1. It encourages rappers to be lazy and make 3 hit records 9 throwaway tracks.

2. Sales wise it allows ? rappers to have inflated numbers and gives record labels a easier means to "brag" or claim they are doing a good job when most times they ain't helping the artist for ? .

Full album streams counting as a small % of sales is fine. But counting every 12 to 20 singles sold as an album is ? . Also as far as sion Jay and Riri cheated with that whole samsung ? as well. Album sales needs to be put at such a higher standard than single sales. Singles make one hit wonders. Albums make legends.

There are millions of more rap fans now given the growth of the genre and now a 2nd generation of fans. Likewise muthafuckas paying $200 plus dollars to go to some big shows like a beyonce show or a jay show. So if someone really makes a dope product or gets a large fan following top notch albums can easily go plat with digital sales/small amount of streams counting and a few thousand physical copies in the cities where people go to signings or like buying the product. But don't make it any easier with these cheat codes.
  • TayGettem
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »

Soooo he didn't sell a milli 1st week without streams lol ha Drake fans hold that L

825,000 in one week is an L. Thats like saying he only scored 44 points and not 50.

U missin the point ? was yellin he'd sell a milli no streams he didn't so y'all can hold that L didn't say he took a L....but I find it funny that without the new rules in effect he wouldnt have got that milli 1st week
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake Finally gets His First #1 as a Lead Artist on the Billboard Hot 100 with 'One Dance

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JXG4btDmFgw&app=m&persist_app=1
  • S2J
    edited May 2016
    Options

How did Big Sean and Kendricks albums from last year go platinum this year and were you complaining about their numbers being fugazi or you just pick and choose?

Oh, you've confused me for someone who gives a ? . I never talk numbers, couldn't care less

What i DO discuss is common sense. Hence my post

An album sold is an album sold. If i stream it for free, thats not a purchase aka a sale, therefore in past tense that album has not been sold. That's just pure common sense without the wierdo IC WWE attachments to any rapper
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options

Oh, you've confused me for someone who gives a ? . I never talk numbers, couldn't care less

What i DO discuss is common sense. Hence my post

An album sold is an album sold. If i stream it for free, thats not a purchase aka a sale, therefore in past tense that album has not been sold. That's just pure common sense without the wierdo IC WWE attachments to any rapper
    Ok bro