Thee Official Drake vs Meek Mill beef thread

Options

Comments

• not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    I don't think ghostwriters have paperwork or credentials or a paper trail. It kinda defeats the point of being a GHOST don't you think?

BUT that doesn't mean everybody uses them tho....

Sorry, nice try

I never said that they did. But in being a ghostwriter you aren't getting credit, or paying taxes on the cash transaction I'd assume. No paper trail. You are literally a ghost. No one knows but the man that knows. If know one knows but the man that knows and neither of you say anything than you cannot for certain say that everybody doesn't use them because you don't know that.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sunday field report lol:

Dj played like 10 meek songs in a row, normal, hype response. He got bangers

Then he said if you don't like meek mill?

*beat drop*

'? you, ? you, ? you'

So Meek still got respect for what he done. Odd in a way tho bc a club appreciation montage is usually what they do for dead rappers lol
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate when two ? I ? with don't ? with each other. It don't change much for me personally because I will continue to listen to both but this whole situation is absurd. And Meek looking crazy out here. But ? will blow over
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Sunday field report lol:

Dj played like 10 meek songs in a row, normal, hype response. He got bangers

Then he said if you don't like meek mill?

*beat drop*

'? you, ? you, ? you'

So Meek still got respect for what he done. Odd in a way tho bc a club appreciation montage is usually what they do for dead rappers lol

did you take a man home girl?
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    I don't think ghostwriters have paperwork or credentials or a paper trail. It kinda defeats the point of being a GHOST don't you think?
    Okay either or quetin was writing them lines. He's a living Writer not a Ghost writer .. Happy?

Agreed. Then don't say drake had a ghostwriter. He had someone, and we know who, pen some bars with him. Producers do this alot. ? don't sell beats they sell songs. If the ? dont flow how they think it should they add or subtract lines or change the cadence or the wordplay. They sell hits not beats. I know some guys in my old neighborhood that can freestyle with the best of them but don't have that pen work. That's something you can learn. ? edit books all day. Doesn't change who wrote it.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry, nice try

I never said that they did. But in being a ghostwriter you aren't getting credit, or paying taxes on the cash transaction I'd assume. No paper trail. You are literally a ghost. No one knows but the man that knows. If know one knows but the man that knows and neither of you say anything than you cannot for certain say that everybody doesn't use them because you don't know that.

But no one knew Drake had a ghost writer until Meek Mill said something...

Drake probably thought he was being smart by giving QM a couple small credits as a way to give him steady income in the future.

I don't really have a dog in the fight but I don't understand how so many people on this site can just gloss over those reference tracks.

That's some pop diva ? imo
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

Sorry, nice try

Drake probably thought he was being smart by giving QM a couple small credits as a way to give him steady income in the future.

I don't really have a dog in the fight but I don't understand how so many people on this site can just gloss over those reference tracks.

Because they wasn't word for word but only one.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Okay either or quetin was writing them lines. He's a living Writer not a Ghost writer .. Happy?

Agreed. Then don't say drake had a ghostwriter. He had someone, and we know who, pen some bars with him. Producers do this alot. ? don't sell beats they sell songs. If the ? dont flow how they think it should they add or subtract lines or change the cadence or the wordplay. They sell hits not beats. I know some guys in my old neighborhood that can freestyle with the best of them but don't have that pen work. That's something you can learn. ? edit books all day. Doesn't change who wrote it.

Yep Quetin Miller....
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Sorry, nice try

So you're in denial because of semantics?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Man and I don't think Meek's career can come back at this point. What could Meek possibly do to turn this around ? Social media turned on him, Undertaker is suing him for his diss, nobody seem to care about Meek they booing him off stage, ? even his own Boss said Drake >>>> Meek before deleting the tweet LOLOL SMMFH. All Drake gotta do now at OVO fest is freestyle off the top of his head before dropping his next diss and that's the nail in the coffin.
    This over size kiddie ass ? ... The most Etherous thing Drake Said, was Twitter finger
    N In its s not gonna end Meeks career.

• Shizlansky
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Sorry, nice try

So you're in denial because of semantics?

I just don't care.

Dude got talent. Dude wrote a verse for me and gave him a flow for a cpl others.

I see every rapper use somebody else flow.

The entire verse ? is wack. But forgivable.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My ? don't waste your energy, it's not even about the ghostwriting claims it's about a nightmare these ? are having with Drake and themselves SMMFH. They just don't like him, he illicits strong emotions from these ? . No matter what Drake do these ? will NEVER like him nor will they give him his just due. The ? up thing is the same ? hating are prolly the same ? bumping his music when no one is watching.

For some people it is about drake for me its the mili vanili act that ? is wack idk how yall could phathom this ? the ? is essentialy a industry plug built to run or pockets through multiple outlets such as music, food ,sneakers

to fatten the pockets of people who poison us ? think to shallow its bad enough we never controlled our own music through our own music labels now but that advantage is being used for other ? up means but hey

cop them #ovojordans and by your sprite the ? could of had all the endorsements he liked but atleast his music could of had some authtency

this is why we will never get a classic drake album crazy i thought he had the talent to pull of a classic album also just never pushed that button to lean off the soft ? atleast get better than beinga mediocre singer

but him being a mediocre singer and ok rapper is the plan because ? willing the only way a rapper should be able to pull of something like a classic album it would have to be his athenticy that did it you can't classic change things you cant change ? if you meant to be the best blended in ? you could be

also need to question lil wayne fall off being in time for that ? to be replaced by this guy
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn meek really rapped about his "rollie" in this ? . he spits the same lyrics in different order over different beats
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Saying he's Millie vinnile or however you spell their name is wack

They couldn't sing.

Drake can write. A dude helped him out on a cpl songs on his weakest project.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My ? don't waste your energy, it's not even about the ghostwriting claims it's about a nightmare these ? are having with Drake and themselves SMMFH. They just don't like him, he illicits strong emotions from these ? . No matter what Drake do these ? will NEVER like him nor will they give him his just due. The ? up thing is the same ? hating are prolly the same ? bumping his music when no one is watching.

For some people it is about drake for me its the mili vanili act that ? is wack idk how yall could phathom this ? the ? is essentialy a industry plug built to run or pockets through multiple outlets such as music, food ,sneakers

to fatten the pockets of people who poison us ? think to shallow its bad enough we never controlled our own music through our own music labels now but that advantage is being used for other ? up means but hey

cop them #ovojordans and by your sprite the ? could of had all the endorsements he liked but atleast his music could of had some authtency

this is why we will never get a classic drake album crazy i thought he had the talent to pull of a classic album also just never pushed that button to lean off the soft ? atleast get better than beinga mediocre singer

but him being a mediocre singer and ok rapper is the plan because ? willing the only way a rapper should be able to pull of something like a classic album it would have to be his athenticy that did it you can't classic change things you cant change ? if you meant to be the best blended in ? you could be

also need to question lil wayne fall off being in time for that ? to be replaced by this guy

where do yall get this stuff bruh.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ion think its over for meek tho

it stings/hurts, but he can recover. at least i think.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek should've known authenticity in rap wasn't required anymore when his boss was caught lying about being CO and stayed relevant.

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Seriously tho....
    I can't stand a sore losers or the people that pull ? out their ass to make excuses for them.....
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    ...and still nothing came close to Kendrick's "Control" verse.

...EHHHH BUT HE STOLE THAT VERSE FROM KURUPT
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the most overrated beef. Meeks career is not over - this is so corny
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta see his record sales after this beef is over
  • Shizlansky
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You never had to be authentic in the rap game.

ALL them ? was lying and fronting.

From NWA to Biggie to jay z to drake.

Hand full of artists thru out rap was authentic.
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He may not have ended his rap Career, but he ended the ? twitter career... ? hasn't posted in 4 days.... that's a drought for him
  • s-dot
    s-dot Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    Options
    right now Meek's brand is toxic. Yeah he's got his general street backing, but that doesn't do anything when it comes to affiliating with celebs. You got Kevin Durant, Lebron and them hanging out with Drake..looking like they're enjoying this wave. And it's all over the net... J Cole is part of OVO fest..

Even in hiphop, it's not many have come out to rebuke Drake. And it's bad that Nicki has to loosen ties with Meek too. People are distancing themselves.

People want to clown on Meek cause of how this all started. It looks kindergarten, and that's the element that lingers. Working like a self-blackball.
This discussion has been closed.