Thee Official Drake vs Meek Mill beef thread

Options

Comments

• not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    I don't think ghostwriters have paperwork or credentials or a paper trail. It kinda defeats the point of being a GHOST don't you think?

BUT that doesn't mean everybody uses them tho....

Sorry, nice try

I never said that they did. But in being a ghostwriter you aren't getting credit, or paying taxes on the cash transaction I'd assume. No paper trail. You are literally a ghost. No one knows but the man that knows. If know one knows but the man that knows and neither of you say anything than you cannot for certain say that everybody doesn't use them because you don't know that.

But no one knew Drake had a ghost writer until Meek Mill said something...

Drake probably thought he was being smart by giving QM a couple small credits as a way to give him steady income in the future.

I don't really have a dog in the fight but I don't understand how so many people on this site can just gloss over those reference tracks.

That's some pop diva ? imo

I'm not glancing over them. I understand and I've heard them. If the ? in the studio penned something better than you and you know it, will you leave it off the track? Getting ? cleared through record labels is hell. I'm not in the know but from the few rappers I've talked too and asked why collaborations haven't or don't happen they say it's a money game. I bet dollars to donuts that if drake woulda tried to put any of QM's verses on the track somebody up top would say no, you sound too similar and we don't want the ? that comes with that. Especially if he isn't signed to the parent company. You know just like I know that image is numero uno in this business.
  • king mocha
    king mocha Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a video of Wayne in the club rapping back to back. Just seen it on fb. Can't post it
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek should've known authenticity in rap wasn't required anymore when his boss was caught lying about being CO and stayed relevant.

How Is lying about your image, the sAme as lying about your craft?
    Its like Lebron lying about being a family man vs. Lebron takin steriods, while claiming he's the best in the world....

Ross n others lying About Thier image , is not like drake lying about his craft....
    your craft is your craft, your image is your image.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Meek should've known authenticity in rap wasn't required anymore when his boss was caught lying about being CO and stayed relevant.

Its like Lebron lying about being a family man vs. Lebron takin steriods, while claiming he's the best in the world....

Ross n others lying About Thier image , is not like drake lying about his craft....

Ask vanilla ice
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I skipped over 154 new posts... anything new happen yet?
  • wugag
    wugag Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Options

But Ross image is his craft, everything he raps about and all his albums are him believing he is the Real Rick Ross. His an artist putting together art of another mans life and making it like he did all those things.
  • D0wn
    Options

Ask vanilla ice
    Yea vanilla ice was a fake. Yet he also didnt write his own ? .
    The whole thing started because , vanilla ice aint write ice ice baby, n Didn't pay the writer who was Suges client

Ross got a fake image , but he got the talent, he has the craft.
    Same with Milli Vanilli they lacked the craft...
    Craft>>>>
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was listening to that Put It Down by Bun and Drake. Man that hook on that joint is like he wrote it last week. Fits this situation
  • D0wn
    Options
    wugag wrote: »

But Ross image is his craft, everything he raps about and all his albums are him believing he is the Real Rick Ross. His an artist putting together art of another mans life and making it like he did all those things.

At least Ross was putting the art together himself....
    I Don't care about Ross life, that's rick ross problem, i am not a dboy, I Don't care.
    Im a music Listener, a fan of hiphop for life. i care about the craft. The art Of hiphop.

Ya comparing apple to oranges. Its like an athlete. Any Brand can create a fake image for an athlete. But That athlete still have to have the skills.
    Forexample Jeremy lin, tim tebow. them ? was All hype/image no craft..
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Freeway Rick Ross is the only drug dealer.....ever?
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also Jeremy Lin wasn't hype with no craft
    He was unexpected craft then hype
    The heat exposed his ass
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    The Nigerians have already made a movie about it.........LOL

lol
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I Don't care about Ross life, that's rick ross problem, i am not a dboy, I Don't care.
    Im a music Listener, a fan of hiphop for life. i care about the craft. The art Of hiphop.

Ya comparing apple to oranges. Its like an athlete. Any Brand can create a fake image for an athlete. But That athlete still have to have the skills.

But the words they speak is all lies.

Do you care about that part of the craft?
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh, Control wasn't a diss. Unless you was included those "you new ? is just new ? " group. But nah nobody who was mentioned responded other than Krit if you want to count Mt. Olympus. (I don't)
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said some pages ago, this is the new format of beefs in HH now that social media actually has a say in it. And this is terrible omen.

ALL these tracks were "meh" at best (Charged Up - total trash, Back 2 Back - Meh, Wanna know - extremely underwhelming), but since mainstream now has a say in it, you'd think Aubs was the most powerful rapper alive right now.

? culture vultures have really ? up the true essence of what a true hip-hop battle is. I think that part is what makes this battle saddest of all. All these corporation piggy-backing the ? in general have no idea who any of these dudes are, but rode the Twitter wave to 10 seconds of extra noticably. This isn't to defend Meek, cause that ? sucked, but C'mon.....the piggy backing for Aubs over the last week has been straight disgusting at times, considering he might not have even wrote that ? .

Hip-Hop is in serious trouble if one of it's greatest features - battling a fellow MC - can't even be sacred anymore.
  • D0wn
    Options
    The heat exposed his ass

He was all hype. he was thrown in The line up,MID SEASON when Melo went Down with injuries.
    Opposing Teams didn't Scout him, he Wasn't on there radar ,teams didn't prepare for him. He had a grace period.
    By the time he played the heat, his hype Was on fleek. they had him up there with jordan, magic, stockon, clyde frazier ...the heat scouted his game n exposed his ass.
    Other teams peeped his weakness from that game, n he never improved, no Craft all hype
    what team he play for Again?
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Here Yall go with this true essence of hip hop and culture ? .

But Yall go out and listen to trap music and call chronic a classic.

Yall don't even know what the culture is.
  • wugag
    wugag Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Options

So do you think Drake never wrote anything in his whole career? Isnt part of hip hop being authentic so shouldnt Ross face the same criticism as Drake.
  • D0wn
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

I listen to music . I don't listen to rappers for truth.
    BUT I'll still give a ? bonus points for spitting real ? , that can impact life ..

They're just entertainers. Especially a ? rapping about drugs n ? , like , should i really care about his honesty?

however i do care about the craft. If u out here lying about your life, at least u be the one to craft them lies ya self .
    be honest, didn't u lose Respect for Drake, now u know he Don't pen his ? ?
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The heat exposed his ass

He was all hype. he was thrown in The line up,MID SEASON when Melo went Down with injuries.
    Opposing Teams didn't Scout him, he Wasn't on there radar ,teams didn't prepare for him. He had a grace period.
    By the time he played the heat, his hype Was on fleek. they had him up there with jordan, magic, stockon, clyde frazier ...the heat scouted his game n exposed his ass.
    Other teams peeped his weakness from that game, n he never improved, no Craft all hype

I think he is still unsigned. He'll make a solid back up. He is atrocious on defense tho
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-iad3-1.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1604901_1157322154296307_6615104770115054350_n.jpg?oh=0754b44d6732696e95c8cea23e8707b7&oe=56846E59[/img]
  • D0wn
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    The heat exposed his ass

I think he is still unsigned. He'll make a solid back up. He is atrocious on defense tho

That ? a solid water boy
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

I listen to music . I don't listen to rappers for truth.
    BUT I'll still give a ? bonus points for spitting real ? , that can impact life ..

They're just entertainers. Especially a ? rapping about drugs n ? , like , should i really care about his honesty?

however i do care about the craft. If u out here lying about your life, at least u be the one to craft them lies ya self .
    be honest, didn't u lose Respect for Drake, now u know he Don't pen his ? ?

He did lose some respect from me But he still has the talent. And you can hear it in his songs. Before that verse he got from QM and a flow on cpl songs. The diss records was nice too.

This discussion has been closed.