Thee Official Drake vs Meek Mill beef thread

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lin is on the hornets

this damn beef isnt no bad omen of culture vultures invading just cuz yall lame ass aini like the song or the ? tweeting about it (oh noes, two of the most popular current rappers disagree and every one knows cuz they popular and now hip hop is dead) shut the ? up

aint nothing wrong with liking trap music or the chronic

mt olympus hard as ? i was just bumpin that earlier

im sick of cacs being offended at black lives matter but wanna turn around n holler blue lives do

aight im thru.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    wugag wrote: »
    Meek should've known authenticity in rap wasn't required anymore when his boss was caught lying about being CO and stayed relevant.

How Is lying about your image, the sAme as lying about your craft?
    Its like Lebron lying about being a family man vs. Lebron takin steriods, while claiming he's the best in the world....

Ross n others lying About Thier image , is not like drake lying about his craft....
    your craft is your craft, your image is your image.
    But Ross image is his craft, everything he raps about and all his albums are him believing he is the Real Rick Ross. His an artist putting together art of another mans life and making it like he did all those things.

At least Ross was putting the art together himself....
    I Don't care about Ross life, that's rick ross problem, i am not a dboy, I Don't care.
    Im a music Listener, a fan of hiphop for life. i care about the craft. The art Of hiphop.

Ya comparing apple to oranges. Its like an athlete. Any Brand can create a fake image for an athlete. But That athlete still have to have the skills.
    Forexample Jeremy lin, tim tebow. them ? was All hype/image no craft..

But the words they speak is all lies.

Do you care about that part of the craft?

I listen to music . I don't listen to rappers for truth.
    BUT I'll still give a ? bonus points for spitting real ? , that can impact life ..

They're just entertainers. Especially a ? rapping about drugs n ? , like , should i really care about his honesty?

however i do care about the craft. If u out here lying about your life, at least u be the one to craft them lies ya self .
    be honest, didn't u lose Respect for Drake, now u know he Don't pen his ? ?

He did lose some respect from me But he still has the talent. And you can hear it in his songs. Before that verse he got from QM and a flow on cpl songs. The diss records was nice too.

Case n point
    Craft»»»»
    Drake the Alex Rodríguez of rap.
    They will always be an Asterisco By his name.
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Lyfe wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

I'll give it up to him for being creative with the analogy.

If this ain't some Boondocks ?
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at this semantics ? . If ya'll want ? to use another word other than 'ghostwritten' to illustrate the fraudulence in a ? who claims to be the head of his genre in every song, but doesn't write his own ? , please let us know. Ya'll know what the point is.

And ? who don't see the issue with this flagrant corporate interventionism going on are blind.

You ? watch battle rap, correct? It is the equivalent to trying to watch a round with a horrible crowd that has no idea what is truly going on or even cares. They only have seats to the main event because of their connections and money. Wastes of space, not proponents of the culture, yet their ? ass boos are shaping the outcome of the event.

Like the crowd during that Joe Budden vs. Hollow ? . That is virtually what this ? is starting to look like.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I think its hilarious that ? think Drake need writers because IYRTITL is his least lyrical album and ? on this site said this and I agreed with them when the album dropped

Drake needed help dumbing his ? down?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I think its hilarious that ? think Drake need writers because IYRTITL is his least lyrical album and niggason this site said this and I agreed with them when the album dropped

did bcotton post an actual legitimate opinion!? I think whoever is running the troll bcotton account logged into the wrong one lmaooo
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aight this is the last thing ima say about this L but

• TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best comment in this thread and best thing about this garbage was Kendrick and J Cole proving they kinda above this nonsense........ Big Krit got a new fan............ Damn Meek and Drake love hip hop so much they gave.......
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Unless you credit exactly which lines were written by your ghostwriter and make it public knowledge, then they still a ghost. It doesn't matter if you put them in the credits and throw them 2Gs so they can feel good about a day's worth of work, it's all the same if they stay in the background and there's a veil of secrecy surrounding their specific contributions. It's straight up deception.

QM was a ghost until Meek outed him even though he in the liner notes. And he still a ghost because we still don't know exactly how far this "collaboration" went. Which bars are Drake's and which bars are QM's? Don't know? Not sure? Then he's a ghost. Plain and simple.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Its funny cuz Drake writes for alot of mfs and now ? acting like Drake cant write for himself.

Ik he wrote acouple hooks for Wayne, the song "Im Single" always says Ft. Drake and he never said a word on the track.

lol Drake had a reference track for Wayne leak too back in the day but dont tell these ? that.

All these dudes help each other, not the same as "ghostwriting" especially when the ? name is in the credits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rloibddJTHs
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    No one is saying Drake can't write for himself and doesn't write for others. What we're saying is that he has ghostwriters. It's that much more disappointing that he actually can write for himself.

I think it's probably become a more common practice in hip-hop, which is a shame. Lyrics are what make rappers distinctive. It's their claim to fame. You've got be responsible for your own bars in my view. Drake is a nice MC, which is why he needn't get lazy or greedy in trying to collaborate on bars. Same applies for any other MC out there doing this ? .

As a fan, it's a let down.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really a head scratcher that you ? compare ross and drake in this thread.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    I think its hilarious that ? think Drake need writers because IYRTITL is his least lyrical album and niggason this site said this and I agreed with them when the album dropped

did bcotton post an actual legitimate opinion!? I think whoever is running the troll bcotton account logged into the wrong one lmaooo

shut the ? up

lol ill shut up when you retire from being a YM groupie lil hoe. i dare you to amount to ? in life.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so.... are ? gunna be as outraged about meek being exposed by his own ghost writers earlier this year? how about stealing that "i got the juice" song?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »
    so.... are ? gunna be as outraged about meek being exposed by his own ghost writers earlier this year? how about stealing that "i got the juice" song?

Where the reference track for that?
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »
    Abraxas wrote: »

I can't speak for others, but I think Meek is a wack. I have no problem acknowledging he's had ghostwriters. I haven't seen or heard reference tracks, but I wouldn't be surprised. That ? need all the help he can get.

i thought meek was cool. listening to his songs against cass and this song against drake, i see that he uses the same lyrics over and over. rollie on my wrist and i came from the bottom
  • TheIraq
    Options
    Hip Hop aint dead.... That ? is and was on hospice........ Thanks Drake ? riders..... Its over now.,....
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One verse

And a flow on a cpl songs

Hip hop elite ain't saying nothing because they know they all have had help crafting a song.
  • TheIraq
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    [img]https://scontent-iad3-1.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1604901_1157322154296307_6615104770115054350_n.jpg?oh=0754b44d6732696e95c8cea23e8707b7&oe=56846E59[/img]

I know you didnt make this but are you a 12 year old girl??????
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I hate when two ? I ? with don't ? with each other. It don't change much for me personally because I will continue to listen to both but this whole situation is absurd. And Meek looking crazy out here. But ? will blow over

pretty much
This discussion has been closed.