Thee Official Drake vs Meek Mill beef thread

Options

Comments

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Told y'all. Meek pretty much lost the city with this one. He'd have to come back with some heat, and even then it'd be little rumblings of " Pfft, got bodied by a singing ? though." Whatever, hopefully this makes way for a dude to come out of Philly that AIN'T on that catch a body shizz and don't always reference his rollie.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    gemini86 wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    I feel that Meek is going to beef with Ross in the near future. I might be wrong but quote me if I'm right

i was just thinking that earlier. like hes gonna be on some ? like "yo maybe they right. im talking about fake ? but this ? is the fakest" type ?
    Meek would Only end up ending ,whats left of His career.
    Rawse got outted in 08 -09. Meek signed to ross in 2011- 2012, do the math.
    It will only make meek look bad.

Plus Rawse would eat Meek up in a battle.
    Ross got a solid resume when it comes to Battling.

You right.

Ross would come with flames and destroy meek on a sick beat

Again rhyming accidentally
    No QM
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Told y'all. Meek pretty much lost the city with this one. He'd have to come back with some heat, and even then it'd be little rumblings of " Pfft, got bodied by a singing ? though." Whatever, hopefully this makes way for a dude to come out of Philly that AIN'T on that catch a body shizz and don't always reference his rollie.

Nope, a new york ? will take his place. Either Rocky , Joey Badd Ass , Or Ferg.
  • ShencotheMC
    Options

nah I meant someone to come out of Philly. Only person I know to ever get some traction out of Philly that wasn't on that murder shizz was Chiddy Bang and that was only because of college white kids in University City.
  • D0wn
    Options

nah I meant someone to come out of Philly. Only person I know to ever get some traction out of Philly that wasn't on that murder shizz was Chiddy Bang and that was only because of college white kids in University City.

Its over for philly. Meek was that dude for the east coasT
    a ny ? will take that east coast spot.
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rappers aren't caping for Lil' Milly from Philly b/c ghostwriting and writing for others (whether partially or completely) has always been part of the genre.

Let's just look at what has been exposed in the past to see why Meek Mill doesn't really have a leg to stand on

- Grandmaster Caz wrote Rapper's Delight
    - Ice Cube wrote pretty much all of NWA's lyrics
    - T.I. wrote for Dre, Lil Bow Wow, Jermaine Dupri, Iggy Azalea
    - Jay-Z wrote Still Dre and other songs for Dre
    - Sauce Money wrote I'll Be Missing You
    - D.O.C. wrote for Snoop
    - Havoc has spoken on ghostwriting for Prodigy
    - Lord Superb claims he wrote for Ghost on Supreme Clientele
    - Big Pun and Remy Martin wrote for Fat Joe
    - Q-Tip allegedly wrote for Phife Dawg
    - Consequence, Kid Cudi, Travis Scott and whole host of others have written for Kanye
    - Nas wrote for Will Smith
    - Dead Prez and Jay Electronica allegedly wrote for Nas
    - Rakim wrote for Will Smith
    - Drake wrote for Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj
    - Lil Wayne wrote for Birdman
    - Meek MIll's been accused of having ghostwriters
    - Kool G rap wrote for Salt-N-Pepa
    - Lauryn Hill had ghostwriters including Wyclef (pretty sure he was writing for Pras too)
    - D.O.E, Magoo, Missy, etc., all wrote for Timbaland
    - Pretty sure the St. Lunatics were writing for Nelly (considering he hasn't really put out a rap album since they left)
    - BIG penned the entire Junior Mafia album and Hard Core for Lil Kim
    - Em and Proof were writing for D12
    - Jay-Z wrote for Foxy Brown, Puffy, Mary J. Blige, Beyonce

I'll even speculate that Rick Ross has ghostwriters the way he pops out songs like he's poppin' candy from pez dispensers. But i'll also believe he was writing for Trick Daddy.
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You got next Shenco. This is your chance.
  • sully
    Options

what a terrible name.
  • ShencotheMC
    Options

If everything works out, I got something for y'all tomorrow
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sully wrote: »
    Rappers aren't caping for Lil' Milly from Philly b/c ghostwriting and writing for others (whether partially or completely) has always been part of the genre.

Let's just look at what has been exposed in the past to see why Meek Mill doesn't really have a leg to stand on

- D.O.C. wrote for Snoop
    - Consequence, Kid Cudi, Travis Scott and whole host of others have written for Kanye
    - Lauryn Hill had ghostwriters including Wyclef (pretty sure he was writing for Pras too)
    - Pretty sure the St. Lunatics were writing for Nelly (considering he hasn't really put out a rap album since they left)

I'll even speculate that Rick Ross has ghostwriters the way he pops out songs like he's poppin' candy from pez dispensers. But i'll also believe he was writing for Trick Daddy.

don't do it....it ain't bout ghosting...to these ? its about Drake
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If ghostwriting is acceptable...why it's not openly spoken about

My last comment on that cause we going in circles at this point but let every rapper get asked if they have writers, let's see how many cop to it

Find some other reference tracks to back up this womanly "everybody does it" ?

Can tell you ? was ghost raised by your grandma

Like how you even enjoy rap from a ? knowing he didn't write it

Nah b, I rather hear the ? who wrote it, spit it
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

- D.O.C. wrote for Snoop

The difference is, one most of these ? is all ready known 2 they never claimed to be the best emcees 3 most of if not all the ? you named admit to having ? write for them 4 we got drake ? receipts.

Now miss me with the rest of this ? . I'm not defending no frauds. Real men don't do that.

How can I as man put my credibility on the line for A ? that's not credible. If he's a cash cow that's what he'll be. Nothing more.
  • D0wn
    edited August 2015
    Options

- D.O.C. wrote for Snoop

Look at this goofy ass cracka, sitting here thinking he saying something new.
    "im gonna educate these negroes, real quick"
    We already know All of this. Infact this was Already spoken about in this thread.
    But answer this.
    How many Rappers u listed that had ghost writers was claiming king???
    Nobody u name is considered a top emcee.

Lil Bowow ? Birdman? Will Smith? Kanye?
    Really.
    We all know this.. N for Kanye u left out Big Sean, Cyhi, Lupe, Pusha, and Common. Common clearly wrote Dark Fantasy.

The only name i will say gTfoh To, would be lauren.
    wycleff wack ass Wasn't writing Bars for Lauren lmao...
    Infact, when she dropped miseducation , she wasnt ? with wYcleff at all.
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

- D.O.C. wrote for Snoop

But you're making it sound like since Hip Hop's existence that there's only been 20 Artists. And all of the Artists you named are Mainstream and have to fit a certain Format with certain Songs and Albums. That doesn't really amount to anything, let alone that most of those records you are talking about came out in the 90s and most of those Artists/Songs you brought up were for Rappers who aren't even considered Rappers foreal foreal. Not to mention you brought up Female Rappers...

Look at what you're putting out there before you cast that Shadow. Some of that ? you put is strictly Speculation. And even if HYPOTHETICALLY an artist gave a Rapper/Writer a shot Once then how do you know that it wasn't just a favor and then & there is where it ended? Since we're Speculating
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    damn 3peat is coming. look at Drakes instagram

He really is the Tom Brady of Hip Hop.
  • sully
    Options

- D.O.C. wrote for Snoop

We already know All of this. Infact this was Already spoken about in this thread.
    But answer this.

Really.
    We all know this.. N for Kanye u left out Big Sean, Cyhi, Lupe, Pusha, and Common. Common clearly wrote Dark Fantasy.

i never said anything i posted was anything new. In fact, i said the complete opposite. The assumption being that we already know these.

As for claiming "King". Nas claimed it. Lil Kim claimed it among female rappers. Lil Wayne claimed it during The Carter era.

As for Lauryn. She was mostly rapping on the Fugees records. Mostly singing on Miseducation. And then nothing. She even took credit for production on the album that wasn't hers and was successfully sued as a result.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

- D.O.C. wrote for Snoop

The difference is, one most of these ? is all ready known 2 they never claimed to be the best emcees 3 most of if not all the ? you named admit to having ? write for them 4 we got drake ? receipts.

Now miss me with the rest of this ? . I'm not defending no frauds. Real men don't do that.

How can I as man put my credibility on the line for A ? that's not credible. If he's a cash cow that's what he'll be. Nothing more.

All them ? is listen to is frauds bruh.
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If everything works out, I got something for y'all tomorrow

"they said standardized slaughter was weak
    at least I ain't shenco?
    nah, at least I ain't meek!"
  • sully
    Options

- D.O.C. wrote for Snoop

don't do it....it ain't bout ghosting...to these ? its about Drake

That's what I'm and others have been saying. If you're gonna go at Drake for these things, then a lot of the music that's come out and influenced others are based on the same allegations. Consistency is the key.

Like, you can't just say that "oh, it's okay if Kanye has ghostwriters and credited writers b/c he's really a producer". I mean, Kanye's put out more albums with him as the rapper than some of your favourite rappers, plus he's on radio doing freestyles and stuff.

Plus all the extra production credits that others get on his songs. Yet he's labeled a "creative genius", but Drake is a fraud. Which one is it? B/c both are in the same boat with a lot of other artists.

Hell, Dre's releasing his album at the end of this week and everyone will be bopping their heads and reciting the lyrics while bumping it in the whip knowing damn well that Dre didn't write a lick of what he's spitting. Not to mention the production, which Dre has also been known to have others create for him only to tinker with it to make the finished product. But he'll get all the credit, while guys like Mike Elizondo, Scott Storch, and others who have contributed to his production in the past will be forgotten or ignored.

That's not to say these allegations against Drake aren't disappointing b/c no one hasn't said that. It's just that logical consistency has to be key to this, otherwise, it's just bunch of dudes sitting in the bleachers doing mental gymnastics.

Reminds me too much of this dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
  • king mocha
    king mocha Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    So Drake just got a free Rolls Royce Wraith and Will SMith is at OVO fest. Drake gonna perform a new song too

11428701_730403877105831_283297517_n.jpg
    tonybet And the OVO festival starts with the @tonybet edition Rolls Royce Wraith
    Once again going to the one and only @champagnepapi Congrats brother.

Is that one of them lego snap-on beards?
    He sees the same guy who lines up Steve Harvey

• D0wn
    Options

- D.O.C. wrote for Snoop

But answer this.

Really.

i never said anything i posted was anything new. In fact, i said the complete opposite. The assumption being that we already know these.

As for claiming "King". Nas claimed it. Lil Kim claimed it among female rappers. Lil Wayne claimed it during The Carter era.

As for Lauryn. She was mostly rapping on the Fugees records. Mostly singing on Miseducation. And then nothing. She even took credit for production on the album that wasn't hers and was successfully sued as a result.
    king mocha wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    So Drake just got a free Rolls Royce Wraith and Will SMith is at OVO fest. Drake gonna perform a new song too

11428701_730403877105831_283297517_n.jpg
    tonybet And the OVO festival starts with the @tonybet edition Rolls Royce Wraith
    Once again going to the one and only @champagnepapi Congrats brother.

Is that one of them lego snap-on beards?
    He sees the same guy who lines up Steve Harvey
    Or Lebron
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Lol @ drake writing verses for Wayne. He only cooked up hooks.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »
    so.... are ? gunna be as outraged about meek being exposed by his own ghost writers earlier this year? how about stealing that "i got the juice" song?

Reference. Track.

Got 1 ? No? Then ? .
This discussion has been closed.