The Official 2015/2016 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just listened to ryan clark on first take. tomlin was right about richardson. tomlin told clark he's not concerned about cleveland drafting him. he said richardson doesnt dish out punishment he absorbs it.

easy to absorb it behind the big olone and your getting hit 5=6 yards down the field
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    just listened to ryan clark on first take. tomlin was right about richardson. tomlin told clark he's not concerned about cleveland drafting him. he said richardson doesnt dish out punishment he absorbs it.

easy to absorb it behind the big olone and your getting hit 5=6 yards down the field

To be fair to Richardson tho he was a beast in college ...and not just some hit the wide open hole and run dude ....he was a 220 ? juking cb lb and whoever else out of their ? shoes
    RICHARDSON-JUKE.gif

trent-richardson-run-o.gif

....he passed all the eye test from everyone I don't really remember too much doubt surrounding that pick ...but I was totally wrong about him Coming out
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You cant calculate a ? getting money and not caring anymore you just cant
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone explain this to me - the brothas can't stand RG3 and the white coaches/execs want him out because they can't stand him either. Haven't seen this since Kobe. I think he ll never reach rookie year
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

To be fair to Richardson tho he was a beast in college ...

That seems to sum it up.

And i aint gonna front i didnt even pay attention to his career..
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trent bulked up too much and lost his explosiveness. Trucking dude in that game with Cleveland was a curse cuz that's all he tried to do. His vision wasn't this bad at bama idk what happened Smh
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    I dont think Richardson is the worst of all time, but i get his point

Hes up there lol remember he was the 3rd overall pick and averaged 3ypc his vision atrocious. Dude wasnt injured either, i wonder if he ? wit lean
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Trent yards per carry 3.6 as a rookie was low but he was still productive almost 1000 yards rushing 12 TDs 51 receptions.. etc the assumption is barring injury he will improve on those numbers another year in the offense and fully acclimated to the NFL. It was the complete opposite.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trent was never good to me at all. He wasnt fast or explosive in college. The juke on the cb was slow af.. I laughed at that ? when ESPN had that on the highlights
  • detcatinva
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Trent yards per carry 3.6 as a rookie was low but he was stillproductive almost 1000 yards 12 TDs 51 receptions.. etc the assumption is barring injury he will improve on those numbers another year in the offense and fully acclimated to the NFL. It was the opposite.

actually what the browns did was smart. after one full year they realized he wasn't special and they traded him to the colts and got I think a first round pick for him.

they actually got a value draft pick for him before the rest of the league realized he wasn't good
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Todd Gurley is next watch
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    1CK1S wrote: »

Lol Damn, Trent was the ? in Bama but, this was funny.
    After that one year in Cleveland he has not been the same since.
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Trent yards per carry 3.6 as a rookie was low but he was still productive almost 1000 yards rushing 12 TDs 51 receptions.. etc the assumption is barring injury he will improve on those numbers another year in the offense and fully acclimated to the NFL. It was the complete opposite.

No. Lol

I would like to go on record i knew off the rip. ? i peeped them box scores his rookie year:

80 yards.....43 carries

dukie.gif

Yards per carry is yards per carry. If you are averaging 3.5ypc you are not productive, period. Whether you finish with 30 yards or 130.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    I dont think Richardson is the worst of all time, but i get his point

Considering we took him 3rd overall he might be
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Todd Gurley is next watch

Nah if Gurley fail it'll be injuries knock on wood

I got it bein Yeldon. Dude looks stiff af. Maybe its something with Bama strength n conditioning program .

How their whole squad-Rbs, LBs, corners, and safeties---all be bulky and slow for their position
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whelp shout out to my Boy Lacy!

It also could be being in an offense with Gawdgers opens up run lanes but imma give him benefit especially his rookie year when he beasted when Gawdgers was gone
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whelp shout out to my Boy Lacy!

It also could be being in an offense with Gawdgers opens up run lanes but imma give him benefit especially his rookie year when he beasted when Gawdgers was gone

Shut Up
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I understand players trying to get as much money as possible but sometimes that hurt the team because they dont have enough money to pay for
    Browns cut Phil Taylor, wave white flag on winning Julio Jones trade
    By Sean Wagner-McGough | Staff Writer
    September 1, 2015 4:56 pm ET

Just days ago, the Falcons handed wide receiver Julio Jones a five-year contract extension. Then, on Tuesday, the Browns parted ways with defensive tackle Phil Taylor. While the Browns' decision to cut Taylor might seem totally unrelated to Jones' shiny new deal, the moves actually have something in common with each other.

In order to snag Jones in the 2011 draft, the Falcons needed to trade up, so that's what they did, sending a boatload of picks (five!) to Cleveland in exchange for the No. 6 pick in the draft, which Atlanta then used to take Jones. The Browns selected Taylor by using one of those picks to trade up in the 2011 draft.

Now that Taylor is gone, none of the players that the Browns selected with those draft picks are with the team anymore. In other words, the Browns have now officially lost a trade that seemed smart in theory, but clearly didn't pan out considering how poorly they drafted.

By giving up just one early first rounder, the Browns picked up the Falcons' first round, second round, and fourth round picks of 2011, and the Falcons' first round and fourth round picks of 2012.

And they missed on all of them.

Taylor had seven sacks and 109 tackles in his time with Browns. But what about the other players the Browns picked up from the trade? Quarterback Brandon Weeden, wide receiver Greg Little, and fullback Owen Marecic didn't do so well, either.

Weeden is currently the Cowboys' backup quarterback. As a member of the Browns, Weeden played in 23 games, completed just 55.9 percent of his passes, and posted a higher interception rate (3.3) than touchdown rate (2.9).

Little is now on the Bengals, but he isn't expected to contribute much. In his three seasons with the Browns, Little caught 155 passes for 1,821 yards and eight touchdowns.

Marecic isn't even on an NFL roster anymore. He didn't do much in Cleveland, accumulating just 39 yards from scrimmage in 24 games.

As for the fifth and final pick the Browns received in the haul, they used it as part of another trade -- the trade that moved them up in the 2012 draft to select TRENT RICHARDSON. We all already know how his career has gone so far. Richardson was just cut by the Raiders.

Still, the Browns were at least able to turn Richardson into another first rounder when the Colts traded for the disappointing running back. The Browns used that first rounder to trade up and snag Johnny Manziel in the 2014 draft. At this point, it would be unfair to write off Manziel, but he was unable to beat out Josh McCown this summer for the starting job in Cleveland.

Meanwhile, Jones has gone on to catch 278 passes for 4,330 yards and 26 touchdowns in his career so far. He shows no signs of slowing.
    8PsTGAg.gif

That's a damn shame they wasted all them draft picks on bums..
  • detcatinva
    edited September 2015
    Options

Just days ago, the Falcons handed wide receiver Julio Jones a five-year contract extension. Then, on Tuesday, the Browns parted ways with defensive tackle Phil Taylor. While the Browns' decision to cut Taylor might seem totally unrelated to Jones' shiny new deal, the moves actually have something in common with each other.

In order to snag Jones in the 2011 draft, the Falcons needed to trade up, so that's what they did, sending a boatload of picks (five!) to Cleveland in exchange for the No. 6 pick in the draft, which Atlanta then used to take Jones. The Browns selected Taylor by using one of those picks to trade up in the 2011 draft.

Now that Taylor is gone, none of the players that the Browns selected with those draft picks are with the team anymore. In other words, the Browns have now officially lost a trade that seemed smart in theory, but clearly didn't pan out considering how poorly they drafted.

By giving up just one early first rounder, the Browns picked up the Falcons' first round, second round, and fourth round picks of 2011, and the Falcons' first round and fourth round picks of 2012.

Taylor had seven sacks and 109 tackles in his time with Browns. But what about the other players the Browns picked up from the trade? Quarterback Brandon Weeden, wide receiver Greg Little, and fullback Owen Marecic didn't do so well, either.

Weeden is currently the Cowboys' backup quarterback. As a member of the Browns, Weeden played in 23 games, completed just 55.9 percent of his passes, and posted a higher interception rate (3.3) than touchdown rate (2.9).

Little is now on the Bengals, but he isn't expected to contribute much. In his three seasons with the Browns, Little caught 155 passes for 1,821 yards and eight touchdowns.

Marecic isn't even on an NFL roster anymore. He didn't do much in Cleveland, accumulating just 39 yards from scrimmage in 24 games.

As for the fifth and final pick the Browns received in the haul, they used it as part of another trade -- the trade that moved them up in the 2012 draft to select TRENT RICHARDSON. We all already know how his career has gone so far. Richardson was just cut by the Raiders.

Still, the Browns were at least able to turn Richardson into another first rounder when the Colts traded for the disappointing running back. The Browns used that first rounder to trade up and snag Johnny Manziel in the 2014 draft. At this point, it would be unfair to write off Manziel, but he was unable to beat out Josh McCown this summer for the starting job in Cleveland.

Meanwhile, Jones has gone on to catch 278 passes for 4,330 yards and 26 touchdowns in his career so far. He shows no signs of slowing.

8PsTGAg.gif

falcons fans I wouldn't laugh. For years now yall couldn't address the lack of talent and depth on the o line and d line cuz yall gave so many picks away to get Julio Jones.

In retrospect it was a lose lose trade for both teams.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

8PsTGAg.gif

falcons fans I wouldn't laugh. For years now yall couldn't address the lack of talent and depth on the o line and d line cuz yall gave so many picks away to get Julio Jones.

In retrospect it was a lose lose trade for both teams.

That's ? ..... For years the ? coaching staff couldn't address the lack of talent & depth in the trenches. They had the MLB playing Free Safety & ? . And you're a Lions' fan. You mean to tell me being up 21-0 to Detriot AND LOSING last year was because of draft picks? Julio Jones, alone, being 10 times better than ALL of Cleveland's draft picks mean we got the better deal. Lack of player development, injuries & play-calling bro. A real coach is here now. You'll see that coaching was the issue, not draft picks.
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- Former NFL running back Lawrence Phillips has been charged with murder in the death of his cellmate at a Central California prison.

Phillips is suspected of killing 37-year-old Damion Soward at Kern Valley State Prison in April. Officials determined Soward was strangled.

The Kern County district attorney's office says the 40-year-old Phillips faces a first-degree murder charge.

Phillips was once one of the nation's top college football players at Nebraska. He played for the St. Louis Rams, Miami Dolphins and San Francisco 49ers during a three-year NFL career.

Phillips is serving a sentence of more than 31 years. He was convicted of choking his girlfriend and later of driving his car into three teens after a pickup football game.

KBAK-TV reports Phillips was ordered back to court Sept. 15.